Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more 11:10 - Feb 18 with 1643 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more 18th Feb 2024 11:08
The Swans dropped to eighteenth in the championship table after a 2-1 home defeat to Ipswich Town yesterday at the Swansea.Com Stadium. That’s just one win for Luke Williams in seven attempts and yesterday post match he did seem rather angry. 0

Winnable ? Really ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 11:17 - Feb 18 with 1609 viewsonehunglow

And it’s been coming for some time.
Some reckoned we are too good to go down and would easily stay up.
That narrative has now become rather sad

It is all about survival and Williams needs to get that into his head right now.
Whatever pretty processes he has in mind should now be shelved and ensure he has his players improve the basics and give nothing to the opposition who will see us as a very winnable fixture mainly as we are soft,mentally and physically. The latter is rather easier to improve and that’s what truly worries me.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:14 - Feb 18 with 1520 viewsjack247

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 11:17 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

And it’s been coming for some time.
Some reckoned we are too good to go down and would easily stay up.
That narrative has now become rather sad

It is all about survival and Williams needs to get that into his head right now.
Whatever pretty processes he has in mind should now be shelved and ensure he has his players improve the basics and give nothing to the opposition who will see us as a very winnable fixture mainly as we are soft,mentally and physically. The latter is rather easier to improve and that’s what truly worries me.

I’m still very confident we’ll stay up, though I’m worried the squad quality will get worse in the summer.

We’ve taken four points from the four ‘winnable’ games. There wasn’t a lot in any of them. You think we’re getting relegated every season. You’ll probably be right eventually, but I really don’t think it will be this time.
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:38 - Feb 18 with 1479 viewsPawelAbbott

QPR play Rotherham next weekend. You have to fancy them to puck up 3 points there. With us facing a tricky game at Sunderland we coukd end up 1 point above the drop next weekend.
There is no way anyone can say we are too good to go down this season. 1 win in 7 and an equally terrible start to the season got us here. We can easily end up going down.
April has winnable games
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:47 - Feb 18 with 1455 viewsmax936

If he's angry he needs to look in the mirror to see who has made him feel angry, he prepares the squad he picks the squad for any given game.

The Buck stops at your door Lukey Boi!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:54 - Feb 18 with 1439 viewsPawelAbbott

Is there a more pathetic excuse in professional sport than "they were tired"?
We weren't pulled apart by Leeds because they were tired.
We were beaten easily by a team with pace whilst we defended on the half way line. Letting the faster team easily break past us.
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 1379 viewsonehunglow

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:54 - Feb 18 by PawelAbbott

We were beaten easily by a team with pace whilst we defended on the half way line. Letting the faster team easily break past us.

Tired.
My Gid,they have no idea of the work load and lives of people in byginecdays.
These poor folk often worked 50 hours per week and Saturday morning then dashed off to stand in a queue to squeeze into an archaic football stadium.

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 15:29 - Feb 18 with 1292 viewsPintado

Confident we will stay up this season, but really worried about next season, we have run out of assets to sell and it’s going to be a long hard slog next season.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 16:03 - Feb 18 with 1252 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:38 - Feb 18 by PawelAbbott

QPR play Rotherham next weekend. You have to fancy them to puck up 3 points there. With us facing a tricky game at Sunderland we coukd end up 1 point above the drop next weekend.
There is no way anyone can say we are too good to go down this season. 1 win in 7 and an equally terrible start to the season got us here. We can easily end up going down.
April has winnable games

Millwall will need to win at Southampton as well to leave us 1 point above the drop zone.

Our final game home to Millwall could become a horrific loser goes down situation.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 16:36 - Feb 18 with 1188 viewsonehunglow

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 15:29 - Feb 18 by Pintado

Confident we will stay up this season, but really worried about next season, we have run out of assets to sell and it’s going to be a long hard slog next season.

Could I ask what gives you confidence

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 17:18 - Feb 18 with 1148 viewsBillyChong

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 12:54 - Feb 18 by PawelAbbott

I suggest Coleman gets on the blower to Levein this week requesting a flight for the Sunderland game. Leeds flew down last week for a shorter trip. A bus trip the length of the country won’t be good for Lukey’s tired boys and will give them an extra day on the training pitch.
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 17:32 - Feb 18 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 17:18 - Feb 18 by BillyChong

I suggest Coleman gets on the blower to Levein this week requesting a flight for the Sunderland game. Leeds flew down last week for a shorter trip. A bus trip the length of the country won’t be good for Lukey’s tired boys and will give them an extra day on the training pitch.

They can sleep on the coach,mun

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 1105 viewsjack247

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 16:36 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

Can’t answer for Pintado, but from my point of view, I’m just not an overly pessimistic person.

Of course it’s a possibility, but we’re far more likely to stay up than go down. Odds checker have us at 10/1.

I can give you football reasons, but I think peoples opinions on this are more determined by their personalities. Not a dig at anyone. We all view things differently.
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 18:39 - Feb 18 with 1020 viewsPintado

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 16:36 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

We have an easier set of games coming up, Millwall is total free fall and I don’t think Wednesday will get enough points, we also have players due back from injury. I think we have enough about us to stay up this year.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 18:48 - Feb 18 with 994 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 18:39 - Feb 18 by Pintado

We have an easier set of games coming up, Millwall is total free fall and I don’t think Wednesday will get enough points, we also have players due back from injury. I think we have enough about us to stay up this year.

I’m not so certain this next run is going to be easy.

My prediction is seven points., absolute tops

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 19:02 - Feb 18 with 965 viewsjack247

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 18:48 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

I’m not so certain this next run is going to be easy.

My prediction is seven points., absolute tops

Not easy, no. We’re not good enough to take anyone lightly.

II haven’t looked at the teams below us fixtures, but I’d bet any of them would swap with us.Probably over the next six and certainly over the season.
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 19:03 - Feb 18 with 962 viewsonehunglow

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 17:42 - Feb 18 by jack247

Can’t answer for Pintado, but from my point of view, I’m just not an overly pessimistic person.

Of course it’s a possibility, but we’re far more likely to stay up than go down. Odds checker have us at 10/1.

I can give you football reasons, but I think peoples opinions on this are more determined by their personalities. Not a dig at anyone. We all view things differently.

True enough and those not falling into the " positivity" group should not face abuse or snide remarks
Anyone can post " we will stay up" drivel but deep down, they don't mean it but it looks good on a football forum
Right now, we are in free fall
Now that's a fact
We have significant injuries
We lack a driving captiain
We have a pitiful centre forward
We have embarrassing defenders
No way can anyone feel confident of escaping the drop
We hope
It's all we can do

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 912 viewsjack247

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 19:03 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

True enough and those not falling into the " positivity" group should not face abuse or snide remarks
Anyone can post " we will stay up" drivel but deep down, they don't mean it but it looks good on a football forum
Right now, we are in free fall
Now that's a fact
We have significant injuries
We lack a driving captiain
We have a pitiful centre forward
We have embarrassing defenders
No way can anyone feel confident of escaping the drop
We hope
It's all we can do

I’m very confident of escaping the drop.

Charity bet? Proceeds to Keiths foundation?
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 851 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 13:59 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

Tired.
My Gid,they have no idea of the work load and lives of people in byginecdays.
These poor folk often worked 50 hours per week and Saturday morning then dashed off to stand in a queue to squeeze into an archaic football stadium.

And later on many worked a full week (including Saturday mornings for posties) then rushed off to play football in local league, many of us turning out Sunday too.

These pro footballers have it easy but they think they are hard done by. How many hours per week do they actually work for their 40k per month which is more than most get in a year?

Edit, we are definitely in a relegation fight. We aren't playing well, we have a lot of ijuries and not a lot of quality. We are in trouble right now. Maybe we can turn it around but we are far from too good to go down.
[Post edited 18 Feb 20:28]
Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 22:36 - Feb 18 with 743 viewsonehunglow

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 19:42 - Feb 18 by jack247

I’m very confident of escaping the drop.

Charity bet? Proceeds to Keiths foundation?

I'm not betting on that as it would be contrary
One can donate to the charity anyway

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 09:50 - Feb 19 with 561 viewsjack247

Swans in a real relegation scrap ? Luke, the game and loads more on 22:36 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

I'm not betting on that as it would be contrary
One can donate to the charity anyway

I didn’t think you would. I’m convinced we’re staying up and I don’t think it will go down to the Milwall game either. If you think I’m talking drivel to look good on the internet that’s up to you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024