Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Silverstein & Saudi 12:44 - Feb 24 with 2054 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea City tagged into the post.

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 14:30 - Feb 24 with 1952 viewsblackpooljack

We can only hope and wish he has a few billion to spaff away
[Post edited 24 Feb 14:31]
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 14:47 - Feb 24 with 1915 viewsSullutaCreturned

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 14:30 - Feb 24 by blackpooljack

We can only hope and wish he has a few billion to spaff away
[Post edited 24 Feb 14:31]

I'd rather be a solid, viable League ONE team than have Saudi owners.

The fact that Levein is so friendly with the Saudi's makes him even worse in my eyes.
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 15:01 - Feb 24 with 1888 viewsKeithHaynes

Goes very well with this weeks feature 👍

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect 20th Feb 2024 08:00
Swansea City majority owner and DC United CEO and Co- owner Jason Levien is having to field more anger than he would like - now his club in the USA capital has promoted themselves in Saudi Arabia. That included a pre season in Saudi this month. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 16:33 - Feb 24 with 1809 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 14:47 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

The fact that Levein is so friendly with the Saudi's makes him even worse in my eyes.

You are probably using Qatari gas every day.

The world is a far from fair and equitable place sady. At least the Saudis are moving in the right direction with slow liberalization. I see no reason to discourage them from this pathway. A very long way to go for sure.

There are 4 man states in south Arabia. Saudi, the Emirates, Oman and Yemen.

Three are monarchies and stable. Saudi oppressive. Emirates and Oman less so and Yeman not a monarchy and a basket case.

I met 6-7 lovely female students from Oman in Cardiff. Perfect English and were working hard , sophisticated and clearly with a level of independence. All studying at Cardiff University. The British army in the past has quelled Islamists uprising in Oman who would have seen these women returned and put in a veil and an indoors making flat bread.

Jake is a very good networker by the looks of it. He came to Swansea and got to understand the mentality of the fans to a certain extent. He understood immediately that the fans ownership group was a timid low aspiration people who simply wanted "protection" in the big bad world. He gave them what they wanted and settled the claim.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 17:30 - Feb 24 with 1751 viewsQJumpingJack

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 16:33 - Feb 24 by ReslovenSwan1

The world is a far from fair and equitable place sady. At least the Saudis are moving in the right direction with slow liberalization. I see no reason to discourage them from this pathway. A very long way to go for sure.

Three are monarchies and stable. Saudi oppressive. Emirates and Oman less so and Yeman not a monarchy and a basket case.

I met 6-7 lovely female students from Oman in Cardiff. Perfect English and were working hard , sophisticated and clearly with a level of independence. All studying at Cardiff University. The British army in the past has quelled Islamists uprising in Oman who would have seen these women returned and put in a veil and an indoors making flat bread.

Jake is a very good networker by the looks of it. He came to Swansea and got to understand the mentality of the fans to a certain extent. He understood immediately that the fans ownership group was a timid low aspiration people who simply wanted "protection" in the big bad world. He gave them what they wanted and settled the claim.

why hasn't Jake spoken about the club over the last 12 months.
The silence is worrying.
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 1657 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 17:30 - Feb 24 by QJumpingJack

why hasn't Jake spoken about the club over the last 12 months.
The silence is worrying.

The LLP have appointed Mr Coleman. Silverstein if he wants to be seem will be with him. Silverstein was always seen with Mr Levien in podcasts with the Trust.

The fans would leap on any differences between him and Coleman. I want to see Mr Gude in action. A Public relations expert. He is probably taking time to understand the local culture. A wise move.

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 19:43 - Feb 24 with 1550 viewsQJumpingJack

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:33 - Feb 24 by ReslovenSwan1

The LLP have appointed Mr Coleman. Silverstein if he wants to be seem will be with him. Silverstein was always seen with Mr Levien in podcasts with the Trust.

The fans would leap on any differences between him and Coleman. I want to see Mr Gude in action. A Public relations expert. He is probably taking time to understand the local culture. A wise move.

Silverstein has not spoken since the February 2023 Trust event.
Not good enough.
and Coleman didn't join until the Summer.
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:05 - Feb 24 with 1517 viewsKeithHaynes

They didn’t like his social media efforts, as simple as that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:06 - Feb 24 with 1517 viewsvetchonian

as in for car gas?

If that's a yes you ain't from Resolven

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:28 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsQJumpingJack

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:05 - Feb 24 by KeithHaynes

They didn’t like his social media efforts, as simple as that.

who is "they" - Levien and Kaplan?
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 23:48 - Feb 24 with 1373 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:06 - Feb 24 by vetchonian

as in for car gas?

If that's a yes you ain't from Resolven

Gas is gas not petroleum. Gas out of pipes to fry your eggs and bacon.

Never been to the USA. Heading there this summer all being well. For the record DC United seem to have had a pre season in Saudi. They have played three Saudi teams anyway.
[Post edited 24 Feb 23:50]

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 23:56 - Feb 24 with 1364 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:28 - Feb 24 by QJumpingJack

who is "they" - Levien and Kaplan?

He mentioned the A word in a feisty moment

"If we were not here the money would run out club would be in administration", This might have seemed over confrontational to Levien who wanted to come more friendly and constructive. He understands the fans better than to give them the harsh truth.

The "tough medicine" era is over. Football fans want Christmas presents every week like Manchester City.

"We are doing what we can folks "

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 08:08 - Feb 25 with 1275 viewsDr_Winston

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 14:47 - Feb 24 by SullutaCreturned

Innit.

The naked avarice on display from a disconcertingly large number of our fans at the vaguest prospect of "investment and ambishun" from a source like this tells you all you need to know about football fans attitude to spending.

They don't much care where it comes from as long as it keeps being spent, and some would have you believe that they have absolutely no responsibiity for the current state of the game.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:09]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 11:01 - Feb 25 with 1171 viewsSullutaCreturned

Qatari gas, really? The UK imports around 50% of our gas which is rising as North sea supplies dwindlw.
Od the imports 77% comes from Norway apparently. I may use some Qatari gas but I have no control over that. I need the gas as an essential service. If I had the choice I would not use Qatari gas and that is the important part.

When it comes to the Swans I have the choice, they are not an essential service and I can choose at any time to stop going, as indeed I have declined to renew my season ticket this year.

I know full well the word is unfair but I disagree about the Saudi's, they are presnting an image abroad but I am sceptical, they are Wahhabist or as they call themselves, Salafi's and they believe in the literal translation of the Qu'ran, there is nothing moderate or liberal in that, it is in fact very consrvative so any change towards the liberal has to include a move away from Wahhabism or the changes could easily be reversed by a very controlling Saudi Royal family.

Jake doesn't sem to understand the menatlity of his fellow Americans at Dc United let alone undestand Welsh fans. he is a businessman who's iny goal is to get what he wants. The simple fact there is that he isn't getting what he wants because he doesn't seem to understand sport very well. Which is why all 3 of the teams his group owns have seen a downturn in fortunes since they took over.
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:50 - Feb 25 with 958 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 11:01 - Feb 25 by SullutaCreturned

Qatari gas, really? The UK imports around 50% of our gas which is rising as North sea supplies dwindlw.
Od the imports 77% comes from Norway apparently. I may use some Qatari gas but I have no control over that. I need the gas as an essential service. If I had the choice I would not use Qatari gas and that is the important part.

When it comes to the Swans I have the choice, they are not an essential service and I can choose at any time to stop going, as indeed I have declined to renew my season ticket this year.

I know full well the word is unfair but I disagree about the Saudi's, they are presnting an image abroad but I am sceptical, they are Wahhabist or as they call themselves, Salafi's and they believe in the literal translation of the Qu'ran, there is nothing moderate or liberal in that, it is in fact very consrvative so any change towards the liberal has to include a move away from Wahhabism or the changes could easily be reversed by a very controlling Saudi Royal family.

Jake doesn't sem to understand the menatlity of his fellow Americans at Dc United let alone undestand Welsh fans. he is a businessman who's iny goal is to get what he wants. The simple fact there is that he isn't getting what he wants because he doesn't seem to understand sport very well. Which is why all 3 of the teams his group owns have seen a downturn in fortunes since they took over.

Silverstein sees himself different from what you do. He and his family have started businesses and developed them successfully. In doing this it has created wealth and jobs for other people not a smart as them. They create wealth and pay taxes in the USA.

Jake has kindly pumped money into Swansea city backing the k football knowledge and football skills of Swansea city. I see no reason t not to thank him for that. They way I see it he is unlikely to get his money back at least in the short term.

Saudi Arabia is ultra conservative but generally wealthy and at peace. Immigrant workers do most of the everyday functions are rewarded and can send their much needed money home.

They are lucky enough to sit on oilfields. The much maligned West never stole their resources and left it in Arab hand and endeavoured to work with them. The Russians or the Turks would have subjugated them or wiped them out. UK - American cultural and economic expansion.

The Saudis run their country strictly but here are signs of relaxing. I regard Western way as generally the best for existence and self respect. We generally get on with each other and avoid conflict between each other. There is nothing to stop the USA invading Canada, if they want it. They have to force to take it. It is not how the West behaves towards each other unlike for example Russia.

Saudi is backward in the things we take for granted. It is inevitable in my opinion that they will move to a western position faster with encouragement. They will particularly like UK because of the Monarchy. This can extend their personal wealth well into the future and help maintain stability. Extreme Islamists create grief wherever they go.

They can enjoy Western lifestyles and still live within a conservative framework. This is seen in the Emirates and Oman.
[Post edited 25 Feb 19:43]

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 09:06 - Feb 26 with 801 viewsjackrmee

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:50 - Feb 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Silverstein sees himself different from what you do. He and his family have started businesses and developed them successfully. In doing this it has created wealth and jobs for other people not a smart as them. They create wealth and pay taxes in the USA.

Jake has kindly pumped money into Swansea city backing the k football knowledge and football skills of Swansea city. I see no reason t not to thank him for that. They way I see it he is unlikely to get his money back at least in the short term.

Saudi Arabia is ultra conservative but generally wealthy and at peace. Immigrant workers do most of the everyday functions are rewarded and can send their much needed money home.

They are lucky enough to sit on oilfields. The much maligned West never stole their resources and left it in Arab hand and endeavoured to work with them. The Russians or the Turks would have subjugated them or wiped them out. UK - American cultural and economic expansion.

The Saudis run their country strictly but here are signs of relaxing. I regard Western way as generally the best for existence and self respect. We generally get on with each other and avoid conflict between each other. There is nothing to stop the USA invading Canada, if they want it. They have to force to take it. It is not how the West behaves towards each other unlike for example Russia.

Saudi is backward in the things we take for granted. It is inevitable in my opinion that they will move to a western position faster with encouragement. They will particularly like UK because of the Monarchy. This can extend their personal wealth well into the future and help maintain stability. Extreme Islamists create grief wherever they go.

They can enjoy Western lifestyles and still live within a conservative framework. This is seen in the Emirates and Oman.
[Post edited 25 Feb 19:43]

I don’t think it works like that with Wahhabis

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 17:41 - Feb 26 with 684 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 09:06 - Feb 26 by jackrmee

I don’t think it works like that with Wahhabis

Wahhbis know who are the biggest players on this planet. Uncle Sam and it's British and EU side-kicks.

The Wahbis also know the West can depose them and make them irrelevant at a time of our choosing. With us as clients they can have good life to themselves and their people. The great Welsh born activist and Welsh prime minister, came to good deal with them in the past.

The West offers stability and wealth, Russia offer chaos and no one is quite sure about China .

Everything changes over time everything. Peace and stability is good for everyone

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:46 - Feb 26 with 634 viewsQJumpingJack

If Silverstein is on the verge of selling the club lets hope he remembers to inform the Trust....
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 19:41 - Feb 26 with 594 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 18:46 - Feb 26 by QJumpingJack

If Silverstein is on the verge of selling the club lets hope he remembers to inform the Trust....

The US people probably would want to sell DC United. A football club right in the middle of Washington hoe of the US Government.

It is worth a whopping $800m. "Levien does not understand football finance. Out of their depth see butt".

They might want to move on Swansea at the same time to offset their profits with DC using losses at SCFC.

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 20:19 - Feb 26 with 566 viewsWhiterockin

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 19:41 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people probably would want to sell DC United. A football club right in the middle of Washington hoe of the US Government.

It is worth a whopping $800m. "Levien does not understand football finance. Out of their depth see butt".

They might want to move on Swansea at the same time to offset their profits with DC using losses at SCFC.

Let's hope.
Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 22:21 - Feb 26 with 504 viewsRhonddaSwans

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 19:41 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

If he could get some Saudi money in his consortium surely that would make more sense.

They invest and they all get rich,
The thing about not being Able to run a club is a bit offensive.
Reading have a owner that can't run a club.

Prediction next season we are in the top half competing for the play offs
THEN WE WILL ALL SAY
Watson is a genius also we all love our owners.
This is how fickle we all are.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 23:16 - Feb 26 with 471 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein & Saudi on 22:21 - Feb 26 by RhonddaSwans

If he could get some Saudi money in his consortium surely that would make more sense.

They invest and they all get rich,
The thing about not being Able to run a club is a bit offensive.
Reading have a owner that can't run a club.

Prediction next season we are in the top half competing for the play offs
THEN WE WILL ALL SAY
Watson is a genius also we all love our owners.
This is how fickle we all are.

Watson has changed the narrative decisively coming up with Ronald and Platcheta. Tymon is improving . Key and Ginnelly were good signings but injured. Ntoe an On is work in progress and Pedersen is experienced cover across the defence. Kuharevych who knows? .

Poor supporters have had a go at him because that is what poor supporters do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024