Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' 07:42 - Feb 27 with 1369 viewsmangohilljack

Landmark Decision declares Vaccine Mandates “UNLAWFUL”

In a groundbreaking decision earlier today, the Supreme Court of Queensland has ruled that vaccine mandates were unlawful and that the Queensland Police Commissioner, Katrina Carroll, had violated the rights of QPS workers.
Justice Glenn Martin’s 115 page decision refers to Section 58 of the Human Rights Act (HRA), which requires a public entity to consider human rights, and make decisions that are compatible with human rights.
On the question: “Did the directions limit any of the rights identified in the HRA?”, the Judge said:
“I have held that the Commissioner, in making the decisions the subject of contention, failed to give proper consideration to human rights relevant to those decisions. AS A RESULT, THOSE DECISIONS WERE UNLAWFUL.”
The Judge also ruled that mandate directions made by John Wakefield, the Director General of Queensland Health, mandating Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) workers be vaccinated were also unlawful and “of no effect”.
The Supreme Court ruling is a huge vindication for all those who fought against these unjust and draconian mandates.
They set up a contentious battleground in Queensland, that split friends, families and caused people to lose their jobs.
The decision now lays the roadmap for unvaccinated QPS and QAS employees to seek redress and compensation for all the adverse impacts they suffered, of which job loss is just one.
No doubt many other workers will be looking to launch their own legal challenges in the wake of the court’s landmark ruling.
The case sets a clear precedent on which the legality of ALL mandates imposed on workers will now be judged.
One that I’m sure is sending shivers up the spines of the current government and its bureaucratic henchmen.
After all, if mandates were “unlawful” for QPS and QAS workers, surely they must be considered “unlawful” for ALL public sector workers.
Congratulations to the dozens of QPS and QAS workers who stayed strong and challenged the government mandates, and well done to Sibley Lawyers, who took the case on when many, many other lawyers in the state refused to do so.
All will be remembered as having stood on the ‘right side of history’ when it came to this important Human Rights issue.

This is just the start, a lot more to come
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 08:05 - Feb 27 with 1347 viewsBoundy

What happens in Oz stays in Oz

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 08:28 - Feb 27 with 1331 viewsmangohilljack

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 08:05 - Feb 27 by Boundy

In general yes, but this far too big for that!!

The cards are falling
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 09:04 - Feb 27 with 1309 viewsWhiterockin

True. Didn't they lock them all in for a year.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 10:40 - Feb 27 with 1251 viewsDr_Winston

Queensland is basically Australia's Florida.

Hot, humid, often raining, and full of both loonies and twelve foot long armoured lizards with more teeth than Ryland.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:22 - Feb 27 with 1203 viewsWhiterockin

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 10:40 - Feb 27 by Dr_Winston

Queensland is basically Australia's Florida.

Hot, humid, often raining, and full of both loonies and twelve foot long armoured lizards with more teeth than Ryland.

I struggle to find a more insignificant country in the world. Does anyone care what the obnoxious Australians say or do. Unless there is a sporting event on most of the world don't even remember they exist.

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 12:52 - Feb 27 with 1164 viewsonehunglow

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:22 - Feb 27 by Whiterockin

I struggle to find a more insignificant country in the world. Does anyone care what the obnoxious Australians say or do. Unless there is a sporting event on most of the world don't even remember they exist.

Culture
Skippy
The Flying doctor
Kylie
Rolf Harris
Come on , mum

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:12 - Feb 27 with 1119 viewsFlashberryjack

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 12:52 - Feb 27 by onehunglow

Culture
Skippy
The Flying doctor
Kylie
Rolf Harris
Come on , mum

Crocodile Dundee
Ned Kelly
Dame Edna

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:56 - Feb 27 with 1104 viewshobo

Some shameful things happened during the covid years. People in power seemed to lose their minds - along with much of the enabling population
Login to get fewer ads

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 15:00 - Feb 27 with 1099 viewsDr_Winston

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:56 - Feb 27 by hobo

Some shameful things happened during the covid years. People in power seemed to lose their minds - along with much of the enabling population

Wouldn't disagree with that.

If some of the moonbats poured their ire on unnecessary lockdown measures instead of hugely successful vaccination ones then perhaps they might not be so tedious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 16:37 - Feb 27 with 1053 viewsonehunglow

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:12 - Feb 27 by Flashberryjack

Crocodile Dundee
Ned Kelly
Dame Edna

Nellie Melba
Joan Sutherland
Bradman

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 19:46 - Feb 27 with 1011 viewsSullutaCreturned

Or it should.

My only other comment s to say I only care enough to say I dont care.
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 21:09 - Feb 27 with 970 viewsWhiterockin

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 19:46 - Feb 27 by SullutaCreturned

Or it should.

My only other comment s to say I only care enough to say I dont care.

Exactly, who gives a flying F what Australians are arguing about.

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 23:08 - Feb 27 with 910 viewsmangohilljack

Not sure why you think all this Aussie bashing would bother a born n bred jack but hey ho!!

You might not care about what happens in Australia and I get that, but you will care when you realise the same scam that played out in Australia was also played out on your door step.

I read the posts on here constantly about what a bunch of liars and corrupt people we have running the country, YET when it comes to covid they can do no wrong.

No wonder they did what they did when the majority of the people on here are so easy to fool.

Biggest transfer of wealth in history and even now with all the evidence staring you in the face you still take it in right up the hoop.
[Post edited 27 Feb 23:09]
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 23:28 - Feb 27 with 889 viewsmangohilljack

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 12:52 - Feb 27 by onehunglow

Culture
Skippy
The Flying doctor
Kylie
Rolf Harris
Come on , mum

You really don't want me to pull a list from Liverpool do you
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 00:32 - Feb 28 with 873 viewshobo

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 15:00 - Feb 27 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't disagree with that.

If some of the moonbats poured their ire on unnecessary lockdown measures instead of hugely successful vaccination ones then perhaps they might not be so tedious.

Both equally as hideous
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 08:07 - Feb 28 with 814 viewsScotia

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 23:08 - Feb 27 by mangohilljack

Not sure why you think all this Aussie bashing would bother a born n bred jack but hey ho!!

You might not care about what happens in Australia and I get that, but you will care when you realise the same scam that played out in Australia was also played out on your door step.

I read the posts on here constantly about what a bunch of liars and corrupt people we have running the country, YET when it comes to covid they can do no wrong.

No wonder they did what they did when the majority of the people on here are so easy to fool.

Biggest transfer of wealth in history and even now with all the evidence staring you in the face you still take it in right up the hoop.
[Post edited 27 Feb 23:09]

It didn't play out on our doorstep at all. But why let facts get in the way of a good old conspiracy theory?
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:05 - Feb 28 with 772 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Goes without saying that the move towards vaccine mandates is incredibly insidious and unethical. Nobody should be forced or pressured into any medical procedure against their will.

People should be able to choose not to have them no matter how batshit crazy their reasons are.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:28 - Feb 28 with 759 viewsonehunglow

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:05 - Feb 28 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Goes without saying that the move towards vaccine mandates is incredibly insidious and unethical. Nobody should be forced or pressured into any medical procedure against their will.

People should be able to choose not to have them no matter how batshit crazy their reasons are.

And no child should be refused the chance not to die from the likes of measles ,which can still kill.
Same with blood transfusion bans for Jehovahs Witnesses .
Vaccines save lives

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:47 - Feb 28 with 750 viewsTogg

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 16:37 - Feb 27 by onehunglow

Nellie Melba
Joan Sutherland
Bradman

David Campese
Nick Cave
Fling Doctor
AC/DC..well there and Scotland.
A rather good glass of Shiraz
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 12:04 - Feb 28 with 741 viewsonehunglow

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 11:47 - Feb 28 by Togg

David Campese
Nick Cave
Fling Doctor
AC/DC..well there and Scotland.
A rather good glass of Shiraz

Don’t know why mangehill has mentioned Liverpool. Who the fork is he ? I think he could be a long lost troll of mine,one who was lying dormant ,commotose in a dried up billabong .

As for Liverpool people …
Have this lot
Gladstone politician
Henry Tate Sugar Magnate
Frank Hornsby industrialist inventor
Jeremiah Horrocks Astronomer
The Beatles
Alma Cohan and
Frankie Vaughan

Hmmm

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:27 - Feb 28 with 699 viewsAnotherJohn

While I would oppose any general mandate, I do think there is an argument for compulsory vaccination for certain occupations. Personally I would prefer that all NHS staff in contact with patients and all care home staff are vaccinated. My other thought is that people like Mango probably want to argue that those who opt not to be vaccinated should not be penalised in any way, but this will run into certain real-world realities. One is that entry to some countries is always likely to be subject to certain inoculation requirements.
[Post edited 28 Feb 18:29]
Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 17:49 - Feb 28 with 661 viewsDr_Winston

Supreme Court rules Mandates 'Unlawful' on 14:27 - Feb 28 by AnotherJohn

While I would oppose any general mandate, I do think there is an argument for compulsory vaccination for certain occupations. Personally I would prefer that all NHS staff in contact with patients and all care home staff are vaccinated. My other thought is that people like Mango probably want to argue that those who opt not to be vaccinated should not be penalised in any way, but this will run into certain real-world realities. One is that entry to some countries is always likely to be subject to certain inoculation requirements.
[Post edited 28 Feb 18:29]

Certain professions certainly.

I'd also take vaccination decisions out of the parents hands as the rise in Measles cases alone would suggest that there are far too many mouthbreathers out there not getting their kids protected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024