Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones 07:49 - Mar 12 with 2444 viewsQJumpingJack

It was pleasing that this got addressed last night at the forum.

Watson claims it was a coincidence that he sat next to him at Bournemouth away (FA Cup).
A slightly odd comment "it won't happen again" if they are indeed friends from their time at Luton.

Some further questions for the club.

Bournemouth away - who was he a guest of? Bournemouth? Swansea?
The seating plan suggests he may have been a guest of Swansea. If yes - why?

Another question for the club:
Was this the first time Jones had been in a directors box at a Swans game this season?
People connected to the club claim he was at the Cardiff away game in the directors box - in defence of Jones - he may have been a guest of Cardiff but the club should be able to confirm.

Coleman sat next to Watson last night so Andy will know what the truth is.

And perhaps the most important issue is that while Jones is invited as a guest of Swansea then it could undermine the manager in the dugout.
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 07:59 - Mar 12 with 1956 viewsDr_Winston

I'll say again, "man watches football match with friend, even if friend is a dick" is really not anything to generate the kind of ire that this has.

If Watson had sat down to watch the game with any other manager he'd previously worked with, it would have passed with nary a comment. The only reason people are still getting their knickers in a twist over this is because it was Nathan Jones. I'm starting to suspect that half the opprobrium that Watson is getting is because of who his friends are rather than the job he's done.
[Post edited 12 Mar 8:01]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:09 - Mar 12 with 1939 viewsswan_si

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 07:59 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

I'll say again, "man watches football match with friend, even if friend is a dick" is really not anything to generate the kind of ire that this has.

If Watson had sat down to watch the game with any other manager he'd previously worked with, it would have passed with nary a comment. The only reason people are still getting their knickers in a twist over this is because it was Nathan Jones. I'm starting to suspect that half the opprobrium that Watson is getting is because of who his friends are rather than the job he's done.

It's like an unhealthy obsession 🤷‍♂️
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:16 - Mar 12 with 1928 viewsPawelAbbott

I think it's because he has done a pretty bad job and it's something to beat him with.
If we has been in the top 2 having signed 3 or 4 superstars cheaply, then he could probably sit next to Vinny Tan in a Bluebirds suit if he wanted to
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:56 - Mar 12 with 1842 viewsQJumpingJack

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:09 - Mar 12 by swan_si

It's like an unhealthy obsession 🤷‍♂️

it is all about good judgement, honesty and trust.

Maybe he should have just admitted that Nathan is a friend and he wanted his views on Luke and the team. And perhaps give indication that this was not the first time it happened this season.

The room laughed last night with his reply. Not good for someone quite senior at the club.

Maybe follow some of the tweets by 9MileHigh who is posting on twitter the relationship between RM and PW in Spring 2023.
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:11 - Mar 12 with 1796 viewsmagicdaps10

Well Watson stayed last night that it won't happen again.
I think that comment tells the whole story.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:18 - Mar 12 with 1777 viewsDr_Winston

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:56 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

Maybe he should have just admitted that Nathan is a friend and he wanted his views on Luke and the team. And perhaps give indication that this was not the first time it happened this season.

The room laughed last night with his reply. Not good for someone quite senior at the club.

Maybe follow some of the tweets by 9MileHigh who is posting on twitter the relationship between RM and PW in Spring 2023.

Let's just say that I know where 9MH is getting his information from and it's not what you would call a neutral source.

But yeah, they've made it worse by trying to play it down. Better to front it out than apologise for doing not much at all.
[Post edited 12 Mar 9:19]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:18 - Mar 12 with 1776 viewsDr_Winston

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:11 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

Well Watson stayed last night that it won't happen again.
I think that comment tells the whole story.

No doubt. Doing it once has triggered thousands of tantrums. Doing it twice would be silly.

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:31 - Mar 12 with 1740 viewsQJumpingJack

maybe it has happened twice - hence the reactions to his reply....
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:56 - Mar 12 with 1700 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m thinking with regards to the players he has sourced and or got in he hasn’t been that bad, the banner thing I can’t get my head around. He’s working within his prescribed financial remit, the signings of Ashby, Patino and Humphreys were good on paper, they are rising stars in the game. Ronald is clearly going to flourish, Placheta half decent but you can see why Norwich won’t be renewing his contract. Yates is awful but again his scoring record and performances were decent las seaso. Tymon is possibly the best of the lot.

I’m just disappointed he stated it was a coincidence he and Jones were at Bournemouth in seats next to each other. Unless of course he clarifies by saying it was a coincidence they were at the same game and they chose to sit together. It’s the fabrication and questions that come out of these replies that’s annoying regardless of the subject

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:10 - Mar 12 with 1659 viewsQJumpingJack

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:56 - Mar 12 by KeithHaynes

I’m thinking with regards to the players he has sourced and or got in he hasn’t been that bad, the banner thing I can’t get my head around. He’s working within his prescribed financial remit, the signings of Ashby, Patino and Humphreys were good on paper, they are rising stars in the game. Ronald is clearly going to flourish, Placheta half decent but you can see why Norwich won’t be renewing his contract. Yates is awful but again his scoring record and performances were decent las seaso. Tymon is possibly the best of the lot.

I’m just disappointed he stated it was a coincidence he and Jones were at Bournemouth in seats next to each other. Unless of course he clarifies by saying it was a coincidence they were at the same game and they chose to sit together. It’s the fabrication and questions that come out of these replies that’s annoying regardless of the subject

were they sitting on the same table pre/post the Bournemouth game?
I am sure that can be answered.
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 01:06 - Mar 14 with 1229 viewsReslovenSwan1

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:10 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

were they sitting on the same table pre/post the Bournemouth game?
I am sure that can be answered.

If you had not noticed Luton where they worked together are in the Premier league.

They know each other and Jones is out of work. There is no chance of him coming to Swansea. Watson should source any "intelligence" he can get. As friends Jones would not tell him who to buy necesaarily, based on his knowledge but might tell him who to avoid.

I would have said he was "not aware" of the fans feeling on Jones and would take note of the opinions.. Fans like this are pathetic in my eyes. They play the hard man or sing salacious chants about themselves with no self respect then show hyper sensitive over a non event like this. Its pathetic and reminds me of Rafa and Chelsea.
[Post edited 14 Mar 1:26]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 07:52 - Mar 14 with 1079 viewsAguycalledJack

Does anybody really care that Watson sat next to Nathan Jones? Is it really that big of a deal? Didn’t Brendan Rogers go for lunch with a Cardiff manager (Dave Jones? ) before one of the derby games. Don’t remember this fuss.
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:09 - Mar 14 with 1066 viewsQJumpingJack

If the club was doing well then this would have been less of an issue.
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 1016 viewsswan_si

"You are missing the point" So what is the point?🤷‍♂️
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:11 - Mar 14 with 971 viewsQJumpingJack

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:37 - Mar 14 by swan_si

"You are missing the point" So what is the point?🤷‍♂️

the audience laughed at his answer.
Why didn't he admit that it was no coincidence.

It just erodes any trust that was left.

and it is probably not the first time they sat next to each other this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 10:13]
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:17 - Mar 14 with 941 viewsswan_si

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:11 - Mar 14 by QJumpingJack

the audience laughed at his answer.
Why didn't he admit that it was no coincidence.

It just erodes any trust that was left.

and it is probably not the first time they sat next to each other this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 10:13]

So you have proof that it was no coincidence?
Who cares if it wasn't the first time, what does it matter? What's the problem with him watching a game of football with a mate?
Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 11:05 - Mar 14 with 893 viewsunion_jack

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 10:17 - Mar 14 by swan_si

So you have proof that it was no coincidence?
Who cares if it wasn't the first time, what does it matter? What's the problem with him watching a game of football with a mate?

I’m afraid this is where I am with this, it really doesn’t matter, well not to me anyway. The only issue was he was rumoured to being tapped up as our next manager. That clearly wasn’t the case. It never will be.

Just let it go.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 00:13 - Mar 15 with 625 viewsKeithHaynes

Our bullshit detector was enabled earlier and posts from this thread were removed.
No references to clowns on the Indy please.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:49 - Mar 15 with 537 viewsjackrmee

Most sensible thing you’ve said all day 👍👍👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:52 - Mar 15 with 535 viewsjackrmee

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 08:56 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

I thought the way the fans treated Watson on that video was very disrespectful.
I imagined being him and imagined trying to do my best for the club, yet get abused when I try to be honest face to face with them.
Bad look I thought.
Don’t think Watson deserved that.

Ps. Not on tw@tter. Who’s PW?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:54 - Mar 15 with 534 viewsjackrmee

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:18 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

Let's just say that I know where 9MH is getting his information from and it's not what you would call a neutral source.

But yeah, they've made it worse by trying to play it down. Better to front it out than apologise for doing not much at all.
[Post edited 12 Mar 9:19]

Can anyone enlighten us on what this 9MH guy has been saying.

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:55 - Mar 15 with 530 viewsunion_jack

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:54 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

Can anyone enlighten us on what this 9MH guy has been saying.

9MH is T2C.

Take what you want from that!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:56 - Mar 15 with 530 viewsjackrmee

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:56 - Mar 12 by KeithHaynes

I really thought he said that the club say them together, as it was known they were friends.
That’s not a coincidence, but it’s also not at either man’s request.
Did i get that bit wrong?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:59 - Mar 15 with 528 viewsvetchonian

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:52 - Mar 15 by jackrmee

I thought the way the fans treated Watson on that video was very disrespectful.
I imagined being him and imagined trying to do my best for the club, yet get abused when I try to be honest face to face with them.
Bad look I thought.
Don’t think Watson deserved that.

Ps. Not on tw@tter. Who’s PW?

Paul Watson

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones (n/t) on 10:06 - Mar 15 with 526 viewsjackrmee

Paul Watson and Nathan Jones on 09:59 - Mar 15 by vetchonian

Paul Watson

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024