Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waspi 06:13 - Mar 21 with 2930 viewsWhiterockin

The new Labour government may have a giant black hole to fill from day one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68622764
Waspi on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 597 viewsmax936

Waspi on 08:45 - Mar 21 by majorraglan

100%. Work for 5 years longer and have a lower life expectancy - completely unacceptable. The retirement ages should have been the same from the outset.

As I see it there are 2 issues, the first is to an extent based on government competence and the way the Ganges were implemented and the second is equality.
I can appreciate that the government changing the timeline and bringing things forward won’t have helped people prepare re financial planning etc which may have cased some people hardship, but the bottom line is people want equality and this is an example of it being implemented.

I’d have preferred the retirement age for men to have been reduced to 60, but that was never going to happen.
[Post edited 21 Mar 8:56]

Disagree completely, women bring up the families children, look after the home do most if not all the cooking, washing and ironing etc and work as well.
There's a reason for the being called the stronger sex, they're certainly not the weaker sex.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Waspi on 17:32 - Mar 22 with 575 viewsmax936

Waspi on 09:09 - Mar 21 by onehunglow

It’s hard to reply but …
For years women juggled two jobs bringing up kids when hubby went out and blew out his wages at the pub / bookies etc.
The same workers who did a job that paid less than men for doing the same job .
In most scenarios ,women held the family together and it’s still often the case .
As for putting their feet up,one of the most insulting phrase# I’ve re@ in many years on here .

Top post and spot on OHL agree 100%.

My Mrs is incredible the work she's does and the massive amount of sleep she misses out on with issues our youngest has, I don't know how she does it and continues to do so, she's in her 60's now but she hasn't slowed down and she still works part-time which is like a busman's holiday has she's got to deal with the same issues she deals with at home.

She's one of many in similar situation's care workers especially work an enormous amount of hours, in a very demanding job and a great majority earn minimum wage.
[Post edited 22 Mar 17:37]

Waspi on 17:36 - Mar 22 with 560 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 17:18 - Mar 22 by max936

Disagree completely, women bring up the families children, look after the home do most if not all the cooking, washing and ironing etc and work as well.
There's a reason for the being called the stronger sex, they're certainly not the weaker sex.

An example
Mum gives birth,gets home then feeds child every three hours . That enough would kill most men.
Then, has to get other kids ready for school then attend to household work whilst keeping watch on child .
Child is teething and its mum it goes to for comfort then ,oh yeah,it’s time to feed chappie as he comes home from work. Then ,it’s cleaning up . Menial ? Nah,it’s basic cleanliness and hygiene .

Etc etc for many many years

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Waspi on 17:50 - Mar 22 with 563 viewsmax936

Waspi on 17:36 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

An example
Mum gives birth,gets home then feeds child every three hours . That enough would kill most men.
Then, has to get other kids ready for school then attend to household work whilst keeping watch on child .
Child is teething and its mum it goes to for comfort then ,oh yeah,it’s time to feed chappie as he comes home from work. Then ,it’s cleaning up . Menial ? Nah,it’s basic cleanliness and hygiene .

Etc etc for many many years

All that and lots and lots more. R.

Waspi on 17:53 - Mar 22 with 547 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 17:09 - Mar 22 by Gwyn737

Not really.

It would be quite simple to produce stats where women come out significantly poorer of.

There’s a big section in there on education where females outstrip males across the board - I wonder why this doesn’t translate into quality paid employment?

It's because they don't go into the same high paying jobs, or work the same hours as men. It's quite simple really,
Waspi on 18:03 - Mar 22 with 545 viewsGwyn737

Waspi on 17:53 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

It's because they don't go into the same high paying jobs, or work the same hours as men. It's quite simple really,

Why?
Waspi on 18:29 - Mar 22 with 528 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 18:03 - Mar 22 by Gwyn737

Why?

No idea! Why did you choose your occupation instead of another?
Waspi on 18:34 - Mar 22 with 521 viewsonehunglow

Waspi on 17:50 - Mar 22 by max936

All that and lots and lots more. R.

My mother had it relatively “ easy”;as we were reasonably well off but her mum had a very tough life indeed and they eeked a hard living out of what they could put together . Her mum looked after a sick half crippled husband and three brothers ,all war injured, who lived in the next street .
No central heating, no running hot water, no interior bathroom.No Labour saving devices .
These days ,we have devices but life is faster but many women have by far tougher lives than men

Login to get fewer ads

Waspi on 18:38 - Mar 22 with 529 viewsshingle

Waspi on 12:49 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

I worked in the petrochemical industry most of my life. I worked shifts. Hardly any women applied for vacancies, and those that did, most did not stick it out for long.They got positions on days in the training dept or safety dept 9 to 5. They didn't work overtime when someone went sick or wanted time off.They didn't like being out on plant at 3 am in the rain opening valves, or isolating a pump or control valve.

Why do you think there's a glass ceiling? Many females get senior jobs in the medical profession or journalism etc. They all want to be CEOS, but don't want to do the bricklaying, roofing, bin collecting etc.

So you were exposed to the chemicals over many years obtained from Petroleum which have caused the thought process that goes on inside your mind, at least we now have an explanation.
Waspi on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 501 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 18:38 - Mar 22 by shingle

So you were exposed to the chemicals over many years obtained from Petroleum which have caused the thought process that goes on inside your mind, at least we now have an explanation.

So, what’s your excuse?
Waspi on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 488 viewsSullutaCreturned

What this thread proves is that was and still is inequality for men AND women. What the egislation proves yet again is how woeful our politicians are.

Westminster could have planned this properly, they could have given enough notice for women of a certain age to plan for the changes and not be worse off.

It's just another case of piss poor planning and implementation.

BTW, whilst I recognise that what OHL says about men is often the truth, it's not the whole truth. I could blow my own trumet here but it's pointless, enough to say that equality is a myth but the inequalty runs both ways and as loathe as I am to agree with Kikenny, he's right, it's working people versus the establishment, whichever way the working people turn the establishment screws us over.
Waspi on 20:02 - Mar 22 with 480 viewsWhiterockin

Waspi on 19:47 - Mar 22 by SullutaCreturned

What this thread proves is that was and still is inequality for men AND women. What the egislation proves yet again is how woeful our politicians are.

Westminster could have planned this properly, they could have given enough notice for women of a certain age to plan for the changes and not be worse off.

BTW, whilst I recognise that what OHL says about men is often the truth, it's not the whole truth. I could blow my own trumet here but it's pointless, enough to say that equality is a myth but the inequalty runs both ways and as loathe as I am to agree with Kikenny, he's right, it's working people versus the establishment, whichever way the working people turn the establishment screws us over.

If the government had stuck to the original timescale for equalising the pension ages there would have been less of a problem. To bring it forward without contacting those who it was relevant is inexcusable.
Waspi on 20:21 - Mar 22 with 444 viewsonehunglow

Please note, there are of course exceptional men around .
However, I was responding to a pretty gruesome post .

Waspi on 10:55 - Mar 23 with 384 viewsDr_Winston

They had decades of notice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Waspi on 11:49 - Mar 23 with 366 viewsTreforys_Jack

Waspi on 10:55 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

They had decades of notice.

This !!!
Waspi on 12:05 - Mar 23 with 361 viewsDr_Winston

Waspi on 11:49 - Mar 23 by Treforys_Jack

This !!!

An increase to the age of 65 was included in the 1995 pensions act.

I'm sorry, but anyone claiming that "they had no notice" this this was likely to happen simply hasn't been paying attention. I'm not expecting to be able to lay hands on my state pension before I'm 70. It's not been announced, but given the way things are going it's highly probable, so I will plan for the worst.

The arrogance of some of these people now expecting the working young, many of whom may not get a state pension at all, to compensate them for having to do an extra couple of years? Staggering.
[Post edited 23 Mar 13:31]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Waspi on 12:41 - Mar 23 with 340 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 12:05 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

An increase to the age of 65 was included in the 1995 pensions act.

I'm sorry, but anyone claiming that "they had no notice" this this was likely to happen simply hasn't been paying attention. I'm not expecting to be able to lay hands on my state pension before I'm 70. It's not been announced, but given the way things are going it's highly probable, so I will plan for the worst.

The arrogance of some of these people now expecting the working young, many of whom may not get a state pension at all, to compensate them for having to do an extra couple of years? Staggering.
[Post edited 23 Mar 13:31]

Spot on, it's the young workers who have to fund the pensions. If we want higher pensions, it will mean taxing those further
Waspi on 14:33 - Mar 23 with 324 viewsSullutaCreturned

Waspi on 12:41 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

Spot on, it's the young workers who have to fund the pensions. If we want higher pensions, it will mean taxing those further

Wrong, everybody who works and pays their taxes funds the pensions, not just young people.
Waspi on 15:59 - Mar 23 with 294 viewsWhiterockin

Waspi on 12:41 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

You seem to forget that many pensioners pay tax including income tax.
[Post edited 23 Mar 16:00]
Waspi on 16:12 - Mar 23 with 283 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 15:59 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

You seem to forget that many pensioners pay tax including income tax.
[Post edited 23 Mar 16:00]

Yes, of course, but the burden falls on those who work. Pensioners don't pay NI though.
Waspi on 16:36 - Mar 23 with 283 viewsWhiterockin

Waspi on 16:12 - Mar 23 by controversial_jack

Yes, of course, but the burden falls on those who work. Pensioners don't pay NI though.

No the tax in this country falls on everyone. Everyone pays VAT on purchases where applicable, anyone with income pays PAYE if over the threshold. Some pay capital gains and possibly inheritance tax. Not forgetting smoking, alcohol, fuel, road tax the list is endless. NI is only a small percentage. Yes pensioners pay their tax and contribute, its not only workers some pensioners actually pay more than some workers.
Waspi on 17:09 - Mar 23 with 277 viewsDr_Winston

Waspi on 16:36 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

No the tax in this country falls on everyone. Everyone pays VAT on purchases where applicable, anyone with income pays PAYE if over the threshold. Some pay capital gains and possibly inheritance tax. Not forgetting smoking, alcohol, fuel, road tax the list is endless. NI is only a small percentage. Yes pensioners pay their tax and contribute, its not only workers some pensioners actually pay more than some workers.

The tax burden in this country should be adjusted more towards VAT IMO. Double the rates on luxury goods and halve it on hospitality, construction and other items.

End the pretence that NI is for pensions and benefits and doesn't just go straight into general funds.

Waspi on 17:42 - Mar 23 with 258 viewsonehunglow

Question should be why women were paid far less than men for too long .
Then,why are men more prone to run away from problems
Women invariably literally clean up the mess make make
I’m still trying to recall any in my family that put their feet up.Ever.

Waspi on 18:41 - Mar 23 with 247 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Waspi on 17:42 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Question should be why women were paid far less than men for too long .
Then,why are men more prone to run away from problems
Women invariably literally clean up the mess make make
I’m still trying to recall any in my family that put their feet up.Ever.

Best guess is historically speaking most jobs were incredibly physical and labour intensive and women probably didn’t want to do the jobs and weren’t generally as physically able to do it as men (biological fact).

On the flip side there are a lot of industries that are dominated by women though. Teaching, carers, nursing, onlyfans etc,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Waspi on 23:44 - Mar 23 with 187 viewscontroversial_jack

Waspi on 18:41 - Mar 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Best guess is historically speaking most jobs were incredibly physical and labour intensive and women probably didn’t want to do the jobs and weren’t generally as physically able to do it as men (biological fact).

On the flip side there are a lot of industries that are dominated by women though. Teaching, carers, nursing, onlyfans etc,

Men did the higher paying jobs and worked longer hours. They also took time off to have a family and therefore slipped behind men in career progression because of it.

An employer invests in an employee to make money for them - that’s the only purpose of employment. Men were and are more value to an employer than women are and they get rewarded more because of that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024