Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is more important ? 20:43 - Mar 22 with 2384 viewsKeithHaynes

Beating Poland or Sheffield Wednesday ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What is more important ? on 20:29 - Mar 23 with 965 viewsunion_jack

What is more important ? on 20:26 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

The Poland game will have absoutely no bearing on the Swans season whatsoever.

This^

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

What is more important ? on 20:33 - Mar 23 with 957 viewsjack247

What is more important ? on 20:26 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

The Poland game will have absoutely no bearing on the Swans season whatsoever.

And this is why the question is flawed.

Everyone on here is passionate about the Swans. People’s interest in the national team varies from equally passionate to completely disinterested.

People who aren’t bothered about Wales are going to answer this the same way I would if it was between the Sheffield game and the rugby team winning the grand slam.
What is more important ? on 21:38 - Mar 23 with 931 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Easy, beat Poland.
What is more important ? on 05:40 - Mar 24 with 877 viewsTreforys_Jack

I simply don't get the same elation or dejection with Wales results, however I'd rather Wales win, due to the occasion.
What is more important ? on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 821 viewsmax936

Wales progressing for me, one off game to get to a prestige tournament is important to keep growing the Welsh National team in my opinion.

Swans will beat Wednesday they should anyway. in my opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What is more important ? on 12:41 - Mar 24 with 812 viewsswancity

What is more important ? on 19:50 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

In any scenario club comes first.

In this scenario, where safety for the Swans is far from secure, doubly so.

It might for you but fortunately not everyone has such insular blinkered views as you.

The success of a country to most people is important. It’s not club v country but most normal people want to see both doing well. Football seems to have overtaken rugby as our national
spirt in Wales and that’s partly down to our (relative) success on the pitch by qualifying and doing well in competitions. For s small nation we are doing so well at present. It’s good to see.

To answer the original question, Wales without doubt. It’s huge. Getting to Germany that is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What is more important ? on 13:22 - Mar 24 with 766 viewsonehunglow

What is more important ? on 12:41 - Mar 24 by swancity

It might for you but fortunately not everyone has such insular blinkered views as you.

The success of a country to most people is important. It’s not club v country but most normal people want to see both doing well. Football seems to have overtaken rugby as our national
spirt in Wales and that’s partly down to our (relative) success on the pitch by qualifying and doing well in competitions. For s small nation we are doing so well at present. It’s good to see.

To answer the original question, Wales without doubt. It’s huge. Getting to Germany that is.

With respect, that is his view
Not everyone thinks as you do.
Wales ,if they qualify ,will end up bottom of the group .Fact.
The bond that ties fans to their home town club start early in life and remain for life.
Without doubt ( my opinion) most fans put club first as it represents their local community and town.
Moreover, supporting the country with fans from clubs seen as xxxx ,like us with Cardiff ,is not easy .
Not long ago,we were seeing the usual pleasantries from Cardiff fans towards Swans fans with the sick chants of past tragedies .But now,it’s all brothers united !

Not for me .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What is more important ? on 18:30 - Mar 24 with 720 viewsjack247

In case anyone genuinely still thinks we’re in relegation trouble

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/sky-bet-championship-relegati
Login to get fewer ads

What is more important ? on 18:36 - Mar 24 with 718 viewsWhiterockin

What is more important ? on 18:30 - Mar 24 by jack247

In case anyone genuinely still thinks we’re in relegation trouble

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/sky-bet-championship-relegati

They should put their money where their mouth is, the bookies are seldom wrong.
What is more important ? on 23:47 - Mar 24 with 642 viewsmajorraglan

What is more important ? on 13:22 - Mar 24 by onehunglow

With respect, that is his view
Not everyone thinks as you do.
Wales ,if they qualify ,will end up bottom of the group .Fact.
The bond that ties fans to their home town club start early in life and remain for life.
Without doubt ( my opinion) most fans put club first as it represents their local community and town.
Moreover, supporting the country with fans from clubs seen as xxxx ,like us with Cardiff ,is not easy .
Not long ago,we were seeing the usual pleasantries from Cardiff fans towards Swans fans with the sick chants of past tragedies .But now,it’s all brothers united !

Not for me .

If we qualify, we may well end up bottom of the group, but the money brought in to the FAW coffers from getting there will give Welsh football a fair boost and will benefit grass roots football.
What is more important ? on 06:12 - Mar 25 with 607 viewspencoedjack

Club over country although I’m going tomorrow so hope we win.
What is more important ? on 08:45 - Mar 25 with 579 viewsjack247

What is more important ? on 06:12 - Mar 25 by pencoedjack

Club over country although I’m going tomorrow so hope we win.

The problem with club v country is it almost always ignores the relative significance of both matches.

Anything on it for the Swans and I’m 100% with you. Reality is we’ll probably need to win two of eight matches to stay up. We’re safe. It’s a cup final for Wales.

Appreciate some people aren’t bothered by international football and that’s fair enough.
What is more important ? on 09:22 - Mar 25 with 569 viewsonehunglow

What is more important ? on 23:47 - Mar 24 by majorraglan

If we qualify, we may well end up bottom of the group, but the money brought in to the FAW coffers from getting there will give Welsh football a fair boost and will benefit grass roots football.

We play in the English pyramid system.
Frankly,I’m not that interested in Connah Quay or Flint (Fflint)

What is more important ? on 09:38 - Mar 25 with 550 viewsvetchonian

What is more important ? on 08:45 - Mar 25 by jack247

The problem with club v country is it almost always ignores the relative significance of both matches.

Anything on it for the Swans and I’m 100% with you. Reality is we’ll probably need to win two of eight matches to stay up. We’re safe. It’s a cup final for Wales.

Appreciate some people aren’t bothered by international football and that’s fair enough.

Exactly so neither match is more or less important than the other.

So it is a flawed question. Neither game has an impact on each other imagine had the question which is more important the Bristol game or the Cardiff game what would have been the response.....despite the negativity after the loss to the wurzels positivity returned in abundance after the Cardiff win.
Whilst usually optimistic I think its too early too call safety let's remember our last relegation season.
we currently stand 7 points ahead of the drop a loss agon Friday would see that gap reduce to 4 with 21 points on the table. The loss could affect our confidence and also inspire the likes of QPR who we are due to play.
I am concerned with our injury situation with Naughton now injured and Cabango that we might become vulnerable what if Key is injured again.

That said we should have enough in us to survive which is why for me my answer is they are both equally important

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What is more important ? on 09:46 - Mar 25 with 544 viewsonehunglow

What is more important ? on 09:38 - Mar 25 by vetchonian

So it is a flawed question. Neither game has an impact on each other imagine had the question which is more important the Bristol game or the Cardiff game what would have been the response.....despite the negativity after the loss to the wurzels positivity returned in abundance after the Cardiff win.
Whilst usually optimistic I think its too early too call safety let's remember our last relegation season.
we currently stand 7 points ahead of the drop a loss agon Friday would see that gap reduce to 4 with 21 points on the table. The loss could affect our confidence and also inspire the likes of QPR who we are due to play.
I am concerned with our injury situation with Naughton now injured and Cabango that we might become vulnerable what if Key is injured again.

That said we should have enough in us to survive which is why for me my answer is they are both equally important

It’s a question whereby we can have a little discourse in a Swans free period

What is more important ? on 11:12 - Mar 25 with 502 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a bit like a fun question, you know like when you are given options and you explain your answer. It wasn’t tested under exam conditions granted but it’s good to read the Swans / Wales divide.

For some it’s always been that, these days not so much.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What is more important ? on 11:55 - Mar 25 with 481 viewsjack247

That’s a fair answer. If I thought there was any realistic prospect of us going down, I’d say the Swans game was more important. I just don’t.

I wouldn’t worry about our last relegation season. We were one of the worst teams in the league and looked like going down most of the season. We just had a mini revival under Carvahal that almost kept us up. That’s not the case now and hasn’t been close to it since Duff went.

Tomorrow’s game is huge. It’s the same standing as the Paul Bodin penalty miss and Russia at the Millennium stadium that most of us still remember today.
What is more important ? on 12:36 - Mar 25 with 455 viewsonehunglow

What is more important ? on 11:12 - Mar 25 by KeithHaynes

It’s a bit like a fun question, you know like when you are given options and you explain your answer. It wasn’t tested under exam conditions granted but it’s good to read the Swans / Wales divide.

For some it’s always been that, these days not so much.

You say divide Keith and this is what I’ve been opining on for years.
Wales,for a small country,is very divided.
East West North South.
Football v Rugby
It’s a rare occurrence we can actually unite .
Reading the Cardiff comments though,it does make me chortle when I read of how brotherly we all are .
Get this game over . If we won,fine,if we lose,it means no distractions from our real purpose ad that is to retain our status. Nothing,but nothing else matters.

What is more important ? on 18:45 - Mar 25 with 387 viewsbuilthjack

At Wales games, a group of us, about half Cardiff, half Swansea, are always there to support Wales.
A great bunch of people. All there to support our country.
As for Keith’s question, I hope both Wales and Swansea win.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What is more important ? on 08:08 - Mar 26 with 318 viewsbennytheblue

What is more important ? on 18:45 - Mar 25 by builthjack

At Wales games, a group of us, about half Cardiff, half Swansea, are always there to support Wales.
A great bunch of people. All there to support our country.
As for Keith’s question, I hope both Wales and Swansea win.

That’s the way….be great for us to qualify for this as plenty of fans can go unlike Qatar. Wales v France and Holland on a balmy June eve? Don’t expect anything from those games but might well inspire the next Gareth bake or Joe Allen sitting at home watching it on tv.
What is more important ? on 08:03 - Mar 27 with 220 viewsvetchonian

What is more important ? on 11:55 - Mar 25 by jack247

That’s a fair answer. If I thought there was any realistic prospect of us going down, I’d say the Swans game was more important. I just don’t.

I wouldn’t worry about our last relegation season. We were one of the worst teams in the league and looked like going down most of the season. We just had a mini revival under Carvahal that almost kept us up. That’s not the case now and hasn’t been close to it since Duff went.

Tomorrow’s game is huge. It’s the same standing as the Paul Bodin penalty miss and Russia at the Millennium stadium that most of us still remember today.

did you have to mention that penalty

Well it will be poor Dan James miss we will remember now

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

What is more important ? on 09:07 - Mar 27 with 179 viewsonehunglow

What is more important ? on 08:03 - Mar 27 by vetchonian

did you have to mention that penalty

Well it will be poor Dan James miss we will remember now

Bodin still well remembered

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024