Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another 2 million invested 02:09 - Mar 23 with 7631 viewsRhonddaSwans

Nigel Morris shares diluted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68640116

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

another 2 million invested on 07:24 - Mar 23 with 2264 viewsjackrmee

So is Morris getting tucked up here as well?
I mean, how come all the American investors put their money in the LLC and seem to get good perks out of it, like jobs, trips round the world etc.

Seems like Morris has gained nothing and sees his share holding reduced every few months.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

another 2 million invested on 09:25 - Mar 23 with 2199 viewsKeithHaynes

The last sentence says it all.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

another 2 million invested on 09:49 - Mar 23 with 2164 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 09:25 - Mar 23 by KeithHaynes

The last sentence says it all.

They are slowly working towards over a 75% holding. As this holding would be by one beneficiary the LLC (although there are individuals invested in the LLC the LLC solely own the shares) this could be significant.
another 2 million invested on 11:27 - Mar 23 with 2101 viewsQJumpingJack

another 2 million invested on 09:49 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

They are slowly working towards over a 75% holding. As this holding would be by one beneficiary the LLC (although there are individuals invested in the LLC the LLC solely own the shares) this could be significant.

Why do the Trust announce it but there is nothing on the official site?

The communication seems very haphazard at times.
another 2 million invested on 12:54 - Mar 23 with 2028 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 11:27 - Mar 23 by QJumpingJack

Why do the Trust announce it but there is nothing on the official site?

The communication seems very haphazard at times.

They don't announce it just update the figures on the club website. They are now less than 3% below the 75% benchmark, I expect this to be reached next round of dilution. Morris could lose every penny he put in for virtually nothing. Yet some are still not suspicious of their actions and the lack of clarity. Sneakily just updating the website, which they must do to comply with EFL rules, without a statement is just an example.

What's your opinion Keith, are they going for the 75% to allow them to buy all the other shares for virtually nothing. I pretty sure even the trusts protected 5% is then no longer protected.

EDIT
The trusts 5% would remain protected as they are Class A shares.
[Post edited 23 Mar 13:55]
another 2 million invested on 13:16 - Mar 23 with 1992 viewsKeithHaynes

another 2 million invested on 12:54 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

They don't announce it just update the figures on the club website. They are now less than 3% below the 75% benchmark, I expect this to be reached next round of dilution. Morris could lose every penny he put in for virtually nothing. Yet some are still not suspicious of their actions and the lack of clarity. Sneakily just updating the website, which they must do to comply with EFL rules, without a statement is just an example.

What's your opinion Keith, are they going for the 75% to allow them to buy all the other shares for virtually nothing. I pretty sure even the trusts protected 5% is then no longer protected.

EDIT

I’ve never professed to be very knowledgable on this, just what more advised people tell me, Kieran Maguire as an example. Even alleged informed people elsewhere haven’t always got it right, despite their claims.

another 2 million invested on 13:28 - Mar 23 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

I would be somewhat surprised if Morris ends up with nothing. There's all sorts of legal action they'd be wide open to if they purposely devalued someone's holdings without agreement.

In all likelihood it's part of whatever plan they have.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

another 2 million invested on 13:51 - Mar 23 with 1921 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 13:28 - Mar 23 by Dr_Winston

I would be somewhat surprised if Morris ends up with nothing. There's all sorts of legal action they'd be wide open to if they purposely devalued someone's holdings without agreement.

In all likelihood it's part of whatever plan they have.

At 75% they can pass special resolutions, you need to have 25% to object. So if they reached 75.1% nobody can object.

Special resolution
A special resolution is required for exceptional or sensitive matters. The Companies Act 2006 and the articles of association will outline which decisions require this type of resolution. A special resolution can only be passed when at least 75% of shareholders’ votes are in favour of the resolution.

This type of resolution is most commonly used to:

alter the articles of association
alter a shareholders’ agreement
change a company name
restructure a company
remove pre-emption rights of shareholders
reduce share capital
wind up a company

They would be able to devalue someone's holding without agreement.

To correct myself from an earlier post, the Trusts protected 5% are untouchable because they are Class A shares.
Login to get fewer ads

another 2 million invested on 13:51 - Mar 23 with 1919 viewsReslovenSwan1

another 2 million invested on 07:24 - Mar 23 by jackrmee

I mean, how come all the American investors put their money in the LLC and seem to get good perks out of it, like jobs, trips round the world etc.

Seems like Morris has gained nothing and sees his share holding reduced every few months.

Morris is not being tucked up at all. He is friendly with the other owners and can join the LLP if he wants to like Silverstein did.

ALL "the hard yards" are being done by the LLP. If Morris wants to maintain his PERCENTAGE holding he only needs s few hundred thousand. (£400k perhaps). Like the trust he does not want to.

Coleman's job is to cut the losses and get recruitment right.

Wise sage since Toshack era

another 2 million invested on 14:02 - Mar 23 with 1904 viewsReslovenSwan1

another 2 million invested on 12:54 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

EDIT

You said: -

"Morris could lose every penny he put in for virtually nothing." is a quote which tells me your understanding is not great. How does that work?

I am not an expert either but can do reading and research. It is this sort of nonsense that saw the Trust perform so badly.

Morris's share will go up if Swansea cut their losses and do well. They will go down if the club continues to lose money. If the LLP force buy his shares he will get the market valuation which is into that different from what he bought.

The US people bought 69% when they arrived in 2016. It is according to you 72%.

another 2 million invested on 14:09 - Mar 23 with 1900 viewsRhonddaSwans

another 2 million invested on 07:24 - Mar 23 by jackrmee

They made out Nigel was here as a huge investor.
To take us to the next level,
More hype to manipulate stock prices isn't it
These days I don't trust a single thing that comes out of the board room.
I wonder if their gearing up to sell the club 🤔.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

another 2 million invested on 14:11 - Mar 23 with 1893 viewsSullutaCreturned

another 2 million invested on 13:51 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Morris is not being tucked up at all. He is friendly with the other owners and can join the LLP if he wants to like Silverstein did.

ALL "the hard yards" are being done by the LLP. If Morris wants to maintain his PERCENTAGE holding he only needs s few hundred thousand. (£400k perhaps). Like the trust he does not want to.

Coleman's job is to cut the losses and get recruitment right.

Answer this question, is what you just posted a known fact, is that what Morris himself has has stated or is it just another assumption by you?

My money is it being an assumption, maybe even a lie.
another 2 million invested on 14:29 - Mar 23 with 1880 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 14:02 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

You said: -

"Morris could lose every penny he put in for virtually nothing." is a quote which tells me your understanding is not great. How does that work?

I am not an expert either but can do reading and research. It is this sort of nonsense that saw the Trust perform so badly.

Morris's share will go up if Swansea cut their losses and do well. They will go down if the club continues to lose money. If the LLP force buy his shares he will get the market valuation which is into that different from what he bought.

The US people bought 69% when they arrived in 2016. It is according to you 72%.

To answer your questions.

Under the Special resolutions they can restructure the share capital and remove pre emption rights of shareholders.

I will not comment on the trust as its not relevant, apart from if this dilution carries on they may have have a higher share percentage than Morris due to the protected 5%.

There is no guarantee that Morris "share will go up" When he invested his money his share value was 19.42% now after several rounds of dilution it is 14.2%. Any restructure of share capital or dilution could change this again.

When "the US people bought in" there percentage was about 60% it is now as of today 72.39%.

Re your previous statement.
"Morris is not being tucked up at all. He is friendly with the other owners and can join the LLP if he wants to like Silverstein did.

ALL "the hard yards" are being done by the LLP. If Morris wants to maintain his PERCENTAGE holding he only needs s few hundred thousand. (£400k perhaps). Like the trust he does not want to."

Why would Morris invest in the LLP and devalue his own shareholding? Is he getting the option to buy more shares? Or are they just diluting him out of existence?
another 2 million invested on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 1867 viewsKeithHaynes

I can now add the trust shares are protected to 5% and cannot be sold or whatever. Regardless what happens in the future. As for the LLC, nobody knows anything about it despite the trust trying to get details. And of course others. We have asked the question for a few years now, as have many others. They are refusing to answer anything as to who is involved, how much is in it or who has invested what. Our next question come April ( or when declarations are made ) is are the UK tax returns reflecting anything regards the LLC. Is the LLC being used to pay Coleman and Gude and if that’s the case why ? (Or indeed in part) The questions will keep on coming, and we have no doubt they will keep on not answering. And the more that happens the more suspicious people will become.

another 2 million invested on 15:01 - Mar 23 with 1819 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 14:38 - Mar 23 by KeithHaynes

I can now add the trust shares are protected to 5% and cannot be sold or whatever. Regardless what happens in the future. As for the LLC, nobody knows anything about it despite the trust trying to get details. And of course others. We have asked the question for a few years now, as have many others. They are refusing to answer anything as to who is involved, how much is in it or who has invested what. Our next question come April ( or when declarations are made ) is are the UK tax returns reflecting anything regards the LLC. Is the LLC being used to pay Coleman and Gude and if that’s the case why ? (Or indeed in part) The questions will keep on coming, and we have no doubt they will keep on not answering. And the more that happens the more suspicious people will become.

I did correct myself regarding the trust shares Keith.
another 2 million invested on 15:07 - Mar 23 with 1811 viewsKeithHaynes

another 2 million invested on 15:01 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

I did correct myself regarding the trust shares Keith.

It wasn’t in response to you it was a general reply from the original question.
Missed your amendment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

another 2 million invested on 15:17 - Mar 23 with 1787 viewsReslovenSwan1

another 2 million invested on 14:11 - Mar 23 by SullutaCreturned

Answer this question, is what you just posted a known fact, is that what Morris himself has has stated or is it just another assumption by you?

My money is it being an assumption, maybe even a lie.

Morris invested for the long term and will make big money in the Premier League if they get there. The LLP people are winners and know how to make money. If he wants to avoid dilution he has to invest further as the club is losing money. 75% does a not authorize theft. If you jointly own a flat everyone has to contribute to fixing the boiler. Its life.

another 2 million invested on 15:25 - Mar 23 with 1781 viewsReslovenSwan1

another 2 million invested on 14:29 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

To answer your questions.

Under the Special resolutions they can restructure the share capital and remove pre emption rights of shareholders.

I will not comment on the trust as its not relevant, apart from if this dilution carries on they may have have a higher share percentage than Morris due to the protected 5%.

There is no guarantee that Morris "share will go up" When he invested his money his share value was 19.42% now after several rounds of dilution it is 14.2%. Any restructure of share capital or dilution could change this again.

When "the US people bought in" there percentage was about 60% it is now as of today 72.39%.

Re your previous statement.
"Morris is not being tucked up at all. He is friendly with the other owners and can join the LLP if he wants to like Silverstein did.

ALL "the hard yards" are being done by the LLP. If Morris wants to maintain his PERCENTAGE holding he only needs s few hundred thousand. (£400k perhaps). Like the trust he does not want to."

Why would Morris invest in the LLP and devalue his own shareholding? Is he getting the option to buy more shares? Or are they just diluting him out of existence?

They bought 69% in 2016 and now own 72% according to you. They did not want 75% in 2016 It seems. People argue at the same time that the Trust were keen to sell their shares. They could not have been keen on either side.

You are wrong about the 60%. I am a decent bloke and accept it is your mistake. I do not accuse people of being a fantasist or a liar like SC appears to do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/10509295/
[Post edited 23 Mar 15:33]

another 2 million invested on 15:33 - Mar 23 with 1758 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 15:25 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

They bought 69% in 2016 and now own 72% according to you. They did not want 75% in 2016 It seems. People argue at the same time that the Trust were keen to sell their shares. They could not have been keen on either side.

You are wrong about the 60%. I am a decent bloke and accept it is your mistake. I do not accuse people of being a fantasist or a liar like SC appears to do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/10509295/
[Post edited 23 Mar 15:33]

Depends where you look.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-citys-100million-american-t

Whatever it was on purchase it was diluted when Morris invested.
another 2 million invested on 15:37 - Mar 23 with 1746 viewsReslovenSwan1

Dilution is not a weapon. It can be seen as a punishment for not contributing to the losses and allowing losses in the first place. Morris knows if Swansea do badly he will lose money. He has left the LLP to run the shop and presumably gets on well with the LLP. The LLP know where the money is and will not dump a failing SCFC. Silverstein copied in the fans on his trip to Saudi. They have contacts.

another 2 million invested on 15:53 - Mar 23 with 1731 viewsWhiterockin

another 2 million invested on 15:37 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Dilution is not a weapon. It can be seen as a punishment for not contributing to the losses and allowing losses in the first place. Morris knows if Swansea do badly he will lose money. He has left the LLP to run the shop and presumably gets on well with the LLP. The LLP know where the money is and will not dump a failing SCFC. Silverstein copied in the fans on his trip to Saudi. They have contacts.

Dilution is not a punishment but necessary if there is new investment. The trust shares dropped to 11.82% after the Morris investment, its now 9.99%. Morris bought 19.42% now 14.2%. While the LLC own 72.39%.

Its very easy to keep up to date here, although the club release few statements in the news section.

https://www.swanseacity.com/club/ownership-statement
another 2 million invested on 16:01 - Mar 23 with 1717 viewsQJumpingJack

another 2 million invested on 15:17 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Morris invested for the long term and will make big money in the Premier League if they get there. The LLP people are winners and know how to make money. If he wants to avoid dilution he has to invest further as the club is losing money. 75% does a not authorize theft. If you jointly own a flat everyone has to contribute to fixing the boiler. Its life.

are you a close friend of Morris? It sounds like you are the way you write about his plans.
another 2 million invested on 16:19 - Mar 23 with 1702 viewsReslovenSwan1

another 2 million invested on 16:01 - Mar 23 by QJumpingJack

are you a close friend of Morris? It sounds like you are the way you write about his plans.

I am a minnow from Neath. If I had a second crack at it knowing what I now know would have learned more about business in my 20 s and 30s.

I like to think I understand how Morris thinks. I like the look of the club these days. I like Coleman. Morris will make a fortune if he sells in the Premier league. Even the Trust, will even with only 5%. They behaved stupidly in 2016. If Morris wants to avoid dilution he needs to cough up another £400k. Easy. even the Trust have that in the bank.

another 2 million invested on 16:29 - Mar 23 with 1692 viewsKeithHaynes

another 2 million invested on 16:19 - Mar 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a minnow from Neath. If I had a second crack at it knowing what I now know would have learned more about business in my 20 s and 30s.

I like to think I understand how Morris thinks. I like the look of the club these days. I like Coleman. Morris will make a fortune if he sells in the Premier league. Even the Trust, will even with only 5%. They behaved stupidly in 2016. If Morris wants to avoid dilution he needs to cough up another £400k. Easy. even the Trust have that in the bank.

The trust behaved stupidly when ?

another 2 million invested on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 1692 viewsQJumpingJack

A lot of the unanswered questions could be asked in the new Coleman sessions (the one-to-one's).

And the Western Mail/WalesOnline have a listed of the investors which was published a few years back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024