Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium 10:11 - Mar 23 with 1414 viewsguthrieintherain

We have a fantastic record at Lego land.
Not got the stats but I think it's pretty good.

Beating the likes of Belgium,Ukraine and Crotia.

But there is an arguement that they should give the Millenium another go in the future.

Maybe for the World Cup qualifiers 75000 would then be able to attend as opposed to 33000 now.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Pitch wouldn’t be the best but the atmosphere would be off the scale
absolutely

Best it not be in a club ground

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:35 - Mar 23 with 939 viewsguthrieintherain

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:19 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Pitch wouldn’t be the best but the atmosphere would be off the scale
absolutely

Best it not be in a club ground

Yes I agree not convinced results would get worse either.

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 936 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:35 - Mar 23 by guthrieintherain

Yes I agree not convinced results would get worse either.

Was it not Italy we beat there
Now that was a night to remember
I think

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:42 - Mar 23 with 929 viewsWhiterockin

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:37 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

I think

Read your post again mate, it really is quite amusing.
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:58 - Mar 23 with 900 viewsjack247

We’d have to have significant success first. Qualify for a couple more tournaments and hold our own, there may be demand for it.

As it is, we’d get nowhere near capacity most games and the atmosphere would suffer. Belgium, Ukraine and Croatia would much rather play us in a half empty stadium.
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 11:08 - Mar 23 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

Most games should be rotated between us, Legoland and when they've finished renovating it, the Racecourse. Keep the Principality for the biggest matches.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:30 - Mar 23 with 804 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:42 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

Read your post again mate, it really is quite amusing.

Glad to help.
It were Italy wasn’t it or some greasy foreign mob

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 792 viewsKeithHaynes

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 10:37 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

I think

That was at Anfield. I think 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:40 - Mar 23 with 786 viewsRhonddaSwans

As demand climbs again now we are doing well.

The A grade games should be at the millennium stadium.

B grade games should rotate between Swansea , Cardiff.

Then there should be friendly matches played in Wrexham.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:40 - Mar 23 with 786 viewsbuilthjack

No. Legoland sells out, great atmosphere, we have a decent record there.
Keep the competitive games there.
Play friendlies at Swansea, and maybe the odd one at Wrexham once extended.
Wrap any Swans players in cotton wool to keep some of our followers happy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 15:17 - Mar 23 with 756 viewsjack247

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:40 - Mar 23 by RhonddaSwans

As demand climbs again now we are doing well.

The A grade games should be at the millennium stadium.

B grade games should rotate between Swansea , Cardiff.

Then there should be friendly matches played in Wrexham.

Demand is climbing because we’ve been doing well. I’d guess we’ve been playing there about 10 years. In that time we’ve qualified for two euros, a world cup and potentially another euros next week. Prior to that, nothing for over 50 years.

As much as I’d rather the games be played here, that’s not realistic and the evidence is pretty compelling that we do better in a packed, hostile stadium.

Appreciate some people, me included, can’t get tickets for big games, but that aside, it’s not broke and doesn’t need fixing.
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 15:57 - Mar 23 with 749 viewsWhiterockin

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 14:38 - Mar 23 by KeithHaynes

I'm sure we played Italy at Anfield and the Mill Stad. I was definitely at Anfield and I was away so gave my tickets for the Mill Stad.
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 701 viewsangryjack

We did beat Italy st the millenium simon Davies and Bellamy scored
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:10 - Mar 23 with 702 viewsonehunglow

Last time I was at Anfield to see Wales was when Joe Jordan was star turn
Never gotten over it

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:40 - Mar 23 with 654 viewsangryjack

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:10 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Last time I was at Anfield to see Wales was when Joe Jordan was star turn
Never gotten over it

Wales played at anfield Sept 98 when the millennium stadium being built against Italy as well I was there list 2 or 3 nil,they also played them at mill stadium and beat them 2 1
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:40 - Mar 23 with 662 viewsguthrieintherain

Think it was Germany not that it got us anywhere just another failiure.

76 Yuguslavia cheating Ref
78 Jocks cheating Jordan
82 Iceland and the floodlights
86 cheating jocks again and the tragedy of Jock Stein
94 Romania Paul Bodin and tragedy again with that poor soul losing his life
Then Russia and the drug scandal.

So much pain thats why 2016 20 and 22 were so special.
[Post edited 23 Mar 17:41]

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:45 - Mar 23 with 648 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:40 - Mar 23 by angryjack

Wales played at anfield Sept 98 when the millennium stadium being built against Italy as well I was there list 2 or 3 nil,they also played them at mill stadium and beat them 2 1

Post that Joe Jordan event,things were a blur for several years
It was outright robbery and he players themselves would never forget it

Btw,best night at Anfield for me was THE St Etienne game . Unforgettable

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:45 - Mar 23 with 648 viewstheloneranger

We've beaten Italy and Germany at the Millennium Stadium.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:47 - Mar 23 with 645 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:45 - Mar 23 by theloneranger

We've beaten Italy and Germany at the Millennium Stadium.

An iconic great world stadium and we play at a league ground out if choice,the home of Cardiff city .
Only us

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 18:00 - Mar 23 with 643 viewsReslovenSwan1

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:40 - Mar 23 by guthrieintherain

Think it was Germany not that it got us anywhere just another failiure.

76 Yuguslavia cheating Ref
78 Jocks cheating Jordan
82 Iceland and the floodlights
86 cheating jocks again and the tragedy of Jock Stein
94 Romania Paul Bodin and tragedy again with that poor soul losing his life
Then Russia and the drug scandal.

So much pain thats why 2016 20 and 22 were so special.
[Post edited 23 Mar 17:41]

I have met Paul Bodin a few times while when was scouting potential U21 players when he was u21 coach. We talked about his lad Billy.

I know he was getting treatment in November 2023 for his prostrate but have no information on how it went . He condition was reported as treatable. Hopefully he is recovering.

Wales generally have a sack full of excuses. Then Speed came then Bale came and excuses went out of fashion.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 18:13 - Mar 23 with 633 viewsbuilthjack

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:47 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

An iconic great world stadium and we play at a league ground out if choice,the home of Cardiff city .
Only us

As do a lot of other countries. They have big stadiums, but prefer to play at smaller ones.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 18:26 - Mar 23 with 622 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 18:13 - Mar 23 by builthjack

As do a lot of other countries. They have big stadiums, but prefer to play at smaller ones.

Why don’t they give Swansea meaningful games ?

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 19:04 - Mar 23 with 606 viewsRhonddaSwans

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 15:17 - Mar 23 by jack247

Demand is climbing because we’ve been doing well. I’d guess we’ve been playing there about 10 years. In that time we’ve qualified for two euros, a world cup and potentially another euros next week. Prior to that, nothing for over 50 years.

As much as I’d rather the games be played here, that’s not realistic and the evidence is pretty compelling that we do better in a packed, hostile stadium.

Appreciate some people, me included, can’t get tickets for big games, but that aside, it’s not broke and doesn’t need fixing.

yeah but 72,500 stadium full of people going mad.

Is going to be far more scary for Any traveling fan.
Also the travel to and from via the train is better.
For evening kick offs.

If poland and Wales go into extra time then penalties.
The last train home is going to be horrible sardines packed into a little carrage.

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 19:45 - Mar 23 with 568 viewsjack247

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 19:04 - Mar 23 by RhonddaSwans

yeah but 72,500 stadium full of people going mad.

Is going to be far more scary for Any traveling fan.
Also the travel to and from via the train is better.
For evening kick offs.

If poland and Wales go into extra time then penalties.
The last train home is going to be horrible sardines packed into a little carrage.

Yes, but that wouldn’t happen. Even 50,000 people in the Principality and it’s going to feel hollow. Take the advantage away from us.

If the demand was there to fill it, it would be a no brainer.
Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 19:50 - Mar 23 with 563 viewsjack247

Should Wales play at the Millenium Stadium on 17:47 - Mar 23 by onehunglow

Only us

And we’ve qualified for more tournaments in the last 8 years than we have in total before moving there.

4 from 5 if we win Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024