Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 18:35 - Mar 28 with 3934 viewsSwansIndependent

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 28th Mar 2024 18:32
It’s a big game for Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow afternoon and Luke Williams has kept his promise to stick with the players that have boosted his popularity rating as Swans manager in recent times. There most certainly will be a very similar team drawn from Williams squad that overwhelmed Cardiff City nearly two weeks ago. 0

Walsh exclusive, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:01 - Apr 2 with 761 viewsDr_Winston

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:04 - Apr 2 by RichardO

About the balance in the team never liked Ntcham and Paterson playing together too many players trying clever stuff at the expensive of defensive safety, thought exactly the same with both Paterson and Walsh on the pitch as the same time as they try and be creative there is not enough attention to cover by the other player leaving us exposed, thought we made too many substitutions.
At times yesterday opportunities opened up to play the quick ball but the player on the ball held onto it far too long closing the spaces created.
Our full backs were guilty of it so often if you remember the likes of Rangel moved the ball on much quicker then got in positions to receive the ball, our movement off the ball is poor.

There would have been no reason for Ntcham and Paterson to conflict.

ON should have been played through the middle with JP as a #10. Grimes to sit deeper and just be responsible for ball recycling and getting it to more dynamic players as soon as possible.

Ntcham is the player we could, probably should have been looking to build the midfield around, not Grimes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:33 - Apr 2 with 742 viewsRichardO

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:01 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

There would have been no reason for Ntcham and Paterson to conflict.

ON should have been played through the middle with JP as a #10. Grimes to sit deeper and just be responsible for ball recycling and getting it to more dynamic players as soon as possible.

Ntcham is the player we could, probably should have been looking to build the midfield around, not Grimes.

And yet in my eyes they did, lots of other things happening during Martin second year of tenure which could not be explained.
Was hoping that ON stayed with us this season and I think his loss upset me more than Piro, given it was more or less a certainty of loosing Piroe.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:47 - Apr 2 with 732 viewsDr_Winston

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:33 - Apr 2 by RichardO

And yet in my eyes they did, lots of other things happening during Martin second year of tenure which could not be explained.
Was hoping that ON stayed with us this season and I think his loss upset me more than Piro, given it was more or less a certainty of loosing Piroe.

We certainly lack an ON type player. I suspect given the way he'd been largely messed around and played out of position for the last two years the likelihood of him wanting to hang around if a decent offer came in was negligible.

Much like Whittaker, he could have become a valuable asset rather than a cheap sale item had RM had the wit to use either of them properly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:50 - Apr 2 with 729 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:47 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

We certainly lack an ON type player. I suspect given the way he'd been largely messed around and played out of position for the last two years the likelihood of him wanting to hang around if a decent offer came in was negligible.

Much like Whittaker, he could have become a valuable asset rather than a cheap sale item had RM had the wit to use either of them properly.

If Plymouth go south,he will be off for a big fee.
We missed out on him because of the coach we employed at that time .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:00 - Apr 22 with 556 viewsWhiterockin

It's close to decision time on Walsh, anyone had a change of thought. I am edging towards a low basic salary with a reasonably high appearance related bonus. If he can stay injury free he is an excellent player, history hasn't been so kind though.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 12:47 - Apr 22 with 484 viewsKeithHaynes

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 18:50 - Apr 2 by onehunglow

If Plymouth go south,he will be off for a big fee.
We missed out on him because of the coach we employed at that time .

Incorrect.

Cooper, Gyorkeres

Williams, Mykola

The Swans will capitalise financially and not just pennies.

Accept it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 435 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 12:47 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

Incorrect.

Cooper, Gyorkeres

Williams, Mykola

The Swans will capitalise financially and not just pennies.

Accept it.

Keith.
I do not accept that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:55 - Apr 22 with 330 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:00 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

It's close to decision time on Walsh, anyone had a change of thought. I am edging towards a low basic salary with a reasonably high appearance related bonus. If he can stay injury free he is an excellent player, history hasn't been so kind though.

This for me 👆 big time. He can and will do some amazing things for us I think.
When he’s on the pitch.
He deserves a go with a cheap wage 100%

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:02 - Apr 23 with 295 viewsbuilthjack

Here lies the problem.
Throughout his career he has averaged 10 games a season. Slightly less for us.
So if he signs a contract at say £8,000 a week. That’s £416,000 a year.
10 appearance’s, that’s £41,600 a game.
I wouldn’t.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:21 - Apr 23 with 289 viewsgrabsplatter

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:02 - Apr 23 by builthjack

Here lies the problem.
I wouldn’t.

Neither would I, nothing he's done on the rare occasions he's on the pitch justifes giving him another contract.
We've got a limited budget & obvious deficiencies in the squad so can't afford to risk giving him a contract hoping he might manage to stay fit.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 07:26 - Apr 23 with 263 viewsWhiterockin

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 06:02 - Apr 23 by builthjack

Here lies the problem.
I wouldn’t.

I was thinking more like £4K a week basic plus £8K a game for 12 months with a years option if he plays X amount of games. Minimum contact cost £208K if he doesn't play one game £576K if he plays every league match £11K a week. If he would accept that personally I think it would be a great deal for both side and worth the risk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024