Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! 08:00 - Apr 3 with 1263 viewsSwansIndependent

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! 3rd Apr 2024 08:00
The old warrior with his crystal gazing football returns, and again his senses are working overtime. If this continues there will be a big queue for the plank come the end of this season. And we shouldn’t forget the many thousands willing to push those who talk too much off it - right into the deep and perilous dark foreboding sea. 0

Truth hurts ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 10:00 - Apr 3 with 1137 viewsWhiterockin

I totally agree that there is no mental toughness and grit in the squad. Allen will hold his own with possibly Dalling and Tymon, Fulton will mix it but will always get a booking. Midfield has no real dog about it if Allen isn't there and upfront there is no physical presence. Oh for a forward who will bully defenders and shake them up, currently the opposition defenders are coming off the pitch without breaking sweat, I want them to leave the pitch battered and bruised and glad the game is over.
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 11:22 - Apr 3 with 982 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 10:00 - Apr 3 by Whiterockin

I totally agree that there is no mental toughness and grit in the squad. Allen will hold his own with possibly Dalling and Tymon, Fulton will mix it but will always get a booking. Midfield has no real dog about it if Allen isn't there and upfront there is no physical presence. Oh for a forward who will bully defenders and shake them up, currently the opposition defenders are coming off the pitch without breaking sweat, I want them to leave the pitch battered and bruised and glad the game is over.

Agreed.
We are simply soft .
Mediocre teams can simply wait until we fupp it up and tamper the points .
Possession stats are for the soft in the head .
Meaningless drivel really but used by charlatans to gain employment .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 11:30 - Apr 3 with 968 viewsKeithHaynes

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 11:22 - Apr 3 by onehunglow

Agreed.
We are simply soft .

Luke ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:26 - Apr 3 with 888 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 11:30 - Apr 3 by KeithHaynes

Luke ?

Buck stops with him ,Guv

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:36 - Apr 3 with 879 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 11:22 - Apr 3 by onehunglow

Agreed.
We are simply soft .

Away from home the possession control is quite useful. . It quietens the home crowd down and can dampen the atmosphere for the home side. Swansea without checking the stats seem better away from home. Williams might be in the Brendan camp. Brendan told Beattie and Kuqi they were great human beings but not his type of player. Kuharevych might be in this situation and getting very frustrated. (Speculation)

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:40 - Apr 3 with 876 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:36 - Apr 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Away from home the possession control is quite useful. . It quietens the home crowd down and can dampen the atmosphere for the home side. Swansea without checking the stats seem better away from home. Williams might be in the Brendan camp. Brendan told Beattie and Kuqi they were great human beings but not his type of player. Kuharevych might be in this situation and getting very frustrated. (Speculation)

I’ve seen Wood and Cabango,in possession,in injury time,stroking the ball to each other sideways
We were losing
We lost
Indefensible

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 810 viewsSullutaCreturned

I didn't make the game Monday, I was there outside the ground but something personal cam up and I went home so I can't say much about it.

However, after the season so far, one game aside, I have not and will not be renenwing my season. More than that I have also said Im not going again. The standards are rubbish, the games are rubbish and the players, I'll let you guess!

There are better things for me to spend my money on.
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 17:06 - Apr 3 with 773 viewsThornburyswan

For me if sides sit against us so we can relatively easily retain possession we lose any drive/passion in our play & are content passing it around in front of the opposition’s final third trying for either the perfect pass into our weak strikers or a random cross.

That malaise spreads across all 10 outfield players & we become way too passive all over the pitch which leads to very few challenges being made & easy for the opposition to create chances - quite regularly we have 60 - 70% possession but have less attempts on goal/target than our opponents a recipe for losing more games than you win.

We probably need at least 5/6 first team regulars if we are up for changing that for next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 17:32 - Apr 3 with 749 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 17:06 - Apr 3 by Thornburyswan

For me if sides sit against us so we can relatively easily retain possession we lose any drive/passion in our play & are content passing it around in front of the opposition’s final third trying for either the perfect pass into our weak strikers or a random cross.

That malaise spreads across all 10 outfield players & we become way too passive all over the pitch which leads to very few challenges being made & easy for the opposition to create chances - quite regularly we have 60 - 70% possession but have less attempts on goal/target than our opponents a recipe for losing more games than you win.

We probably need at least 5/6 first team regulars if we are up for changing that for next season.

I’ve yet to see other goalkeepers literally foot on the ball rolling it until somebody bothers their arse to accept the ball.

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 618 viewsRichardO

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 17:32 - Apr 3 by onehunglow

I’ve yet to see other goalkeepers literally foot on the ball rolling it until somebody bothers their arse to accept the ball.

A lot more teams are relying on the goal keeper to make up the extra man and hence the keeper has more time on the ball, earlier in Luke tenure Rushworth would play the quick long ball which to be fair to Ronald he competed for the aerial ball giving us field position higher up the park, even early balls to Parker got us corners which we converted into goals
Happy to keep possession in away games to quiet home teams fans but not particularly happy to be a quieted home fan.
We were well in the QPR game and created a few chances but we should have created more.
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 09:06 - Apr 4 with 517 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 23:05 - Apr 3 by RichardO

A lot more teams are relying on the goal keeper to make up the extra man and hence the keeper has more time on the ball, earlier in Luke tenure Rushworth would play the quick long ball which to be fair to Ronald he competed for the aerial ball giving us field position higher up the park, even early balls to Parker got us corners which we converted into goals
Happy to keep possession in away games to quiet home teams fans but not particularly happy to be a quieted home fan.
We were well in the QPR game and created a few chances but we should have created more.

That’s as maybe but a goalkeeper foot on ball then stroking it 10 yards or sometimes straight into touch isn’t a good look.
To play as you describe requires requisite ability,which we don’t have .

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 09:15 - Apr 4 with 504 viewsRichardO

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 09:06 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

That’s as maybe but a goalkeeper foot on ball then stroking it 10 yards or sometimes straight into touch isn’t a good look.
To play as you describe requires requisite ability,which we don’t have .

I have no problem with Rushworth at all, will he make mistakes yes just like everyone else, but he is a quality goalkeeper, how he is being asked to play same as all the outfield players really needs to be questioned, also fine line with our midfield picked as to how we play defensive play or attacking.
Grimes is dropping deep again to the detriment of the team.
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 10:06 - Apr 4 with 467 viewsKeithHaynes

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 09:15 - Apr 4 by RichardO

I have no problem with Rushworth at all, will he make mistakes yes just like everyone else, but he is a quality goalkeeper, how he is being asked to play same as all the outfield players really needs to be questioned, also fine line with our midfield picked as to how we play defensive play or attacking.

All of our recent managers choose Grimes for every game. It’s almost as if he is untouchable. He does thoughnprovide some safety in midfield, I just wish he would look for the forward pass more often.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 12:30 - Apr 4 with 424 viewsRichardO

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 10:06 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

All of our recent managers choose Grimes for every game. It’s almost as if he is untouchable. He does thoughnprovide some safety in midfield, I just wish he would look for the forward pass more often.

But does he provide safety, if you consider a winger will try and test a full back to see if there are any weaknesses they can exploit, similarly a full back will often try and stamp his authority on the winger sometimes literally, I sure it is the same for opposition midfielders and Grimes most now know he can read the game and can cover quite well but is not blessed with pace but they know if they drop deep Grimes will be reluctant to follow them so they can receive the ball, turn and they can run at him leaving him stranded unable to catch the oncoming player once past him.
In many respects a manager gets lucky with team selections when players are out injured and have to search for alternative which can be better, Grime's is never out so we as well as a number of managers seem to be stuck with the safe option which really isn't that safe.
Maybe in our present predicament now is not the time for change but I think it must come if we are to progress.
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:30 - Apr 4 with 397 viewsonehunglow

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 09:15 - Apr 4 by RichardO

I am not criticising Rushworth who has and will save our bacon.
He should not be doing this however .

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 15:23 - Apr 4 with 375 viewsRichardO

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 13:30 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

I am not criticising Rushworth who has and will save our bacon.
He should not be doing this however .

Varying the play and not being predictable is the answer funnily enough Martin picking Manning as part of a three man attack worked wonderfully, game won in first half revert in the second as the opposition tried to adjust
Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 16:34 - Apr 4 with 355 viewsSullutaCreturned

Jack Butty : Swansea City players are at fault for a miserable Easter ! on 10:06 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Safety? he taes the whole team backwards, he starts passing about on the edge of our nox and so invites pressure onto us.

We are just as dangerous to ourselves wehn in possession as when out of it.

At Sheff Weds they just sat on halfway and let us pass the ball back and fore in our own half but when the chance was there they pressed quickly and the end result...

There are people who think Grimes is the answer, our best midfielder but when he is in full on negative mode he is a danger to us too, partly because we rarely take the attacking option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024