Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposition to new smoking ban 08:09 - Apr 16 with 1590 viewsonehunglow

Being contested and led by the excreable Liz Truss ,a truly pitiful political ,no doubt influenced by the massive Tobacco industry .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Opposition to new smoking ban on 06:16 - Apr 17 with 566 viewsPawelAbbott

Vaping is a ticking time bomb. Just as smoking was reducing in numbers along comes vaping and huge numbers take it up as a safe alternative.
Now it's starting to come to light that it is just as harmful.
Opposition to new smoking ban on 08:25 - Apr 17 with 512 viewsBoundy

Opposition to new smoking ban on 06:16 - Apr 17 by PawelAbbott

Vaping is a ticking time bomb. Just as smoking was reducing in numbers along comes vaping and huge numbers take it up as a safe alternative.

If any thinks that sucking copious amounts of propylene glycol and glycerin is better than smoking needs to check that their will is up to date .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Opposition to new smoking ban on 08:56 - Apr 17 with 500 viewsraynor94

Opposition to new smoking ban on 06:16 - Apr 17 by PawelAbbott

Excellent post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Opposition to new smoking ban on 12:08 - Apr 17 with 464 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Opposition to new smoking ban on 08:25 - Apr 17 by Boundy

If any thinks that sucking copious amounts of propylene glycol and glycerin is better than smoking needs to check that their will is up to date .

Filling your lungs with copious amounts of water vapour doesn’t really sound like the best idea either.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Opposition to new smoking ban on 13:35 - Apr 17 with 431 viewsBoundy

Opposition to new smoking ban on 12:08 - Apr 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Filling your lungs with copious amounts of water vapour doesn’t really sound like the best idea either.

Can you drown from it ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Opposition to new smoking ban on 13:46 - Apr 17 with 418 viewscontroversial_jack

Opposition to new smoking ban on 13:35 - Apr 17 by Boundy

Can you drown from it ?

No!
Opposition to new smoking ban on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 388 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Opposition to new smoking ban on 13:35 - Apr 17 by Boundy

Can you drown from it ?

Of course you can if you’re lighting up and not looking where you’re going you can fall in the sea.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:02 - Apr 17 with 370 viewsJumpingJackFlash

As they always say, “follow the money”.

Login to get fewer ads

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:06 - Apr 17 with 361 viewsDr_Winston

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:02 - Apr 17 by JumpingJackFlash

He's right though. They've made it harder and more expensive to get hold of cigarettes and all they've done is created the vape market, which is even more attractive to kids.

I can't think of anywhere in recorded human history where banning something that people want has led to its eradication. The Jocks are even doubling down on this nonsense by trying to increase their minimum unit pricing for alcohol.

This of course won't remotely trouble the problem drinkers. It will just lead to increased cost and inconvenience for everyone else. Wales will no doubt follow suit shortly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:57 - Apr 17 with 332 viewsunion_jack

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:06 - Apr 17 by Dr_Winston

He's right though. They've made it harder and more expensive to get hold of cigarettes and all they've done is created the vape market, which is even more attractive to kids.

I can't think of anywhere in recorded human history where banning something that people want has led to its eradication. The Jocks are even doubling down on this nonsense by trying to increase their minimum unit pricing for alcohol.

This of course won't remotely trouble the problem drinkers. It will just lead to increased cost and inconvenience for everyone else. Wales will no doubt follow suit shortly.

If vaping hadn’t been introduced I think we’d have had less of a problem. Smokers would still smoke, some would give up but I believe less people would have started.

Vaping however has made the process ‘cool’ and kids who may never have smoke have taken up vaping. They need to get to grips with this behavioural pattern rather than tobacco and I’d start with making them one neutral flavour only and strict age laws. It’s far too attractive for the young hard of thinking brigade.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Opposition to new smoking ban on 17:31 - Apr 17 with 316 viewsPawelAbbott

Opposition to new smoking ban on 16:57 - Apr 17 by union_jack

If vaping hadn’t been introduced I think we’d have had less of a problem. Smokers would still smoke, some would give up but I believe less people would have started.

Vaping however has made the process ‘cool’ and kids who may never have smoke have taken up vaping. They need to get to grips with this behavioural pattern rather than tobacco and I’d start with making them one neutral flavour only and strict age laws. It’s far too attractive for the young hard of thinking brigade.

They are specifically targeting kids with the flavours and single use kits that are cheap to buy.
They are made in China but are illegal there. They just export them everywhere else
Opposition to new smoking ban on 18:16 - Apr 17 with 274 viewsWhiterockin

I wonder how many of the cigarettes smoked in this country are bought legally. Customs will be very busy when people come back from holiday.
[Post edited 17 Apr 18:17]
Opposition to new smoking ban on 18:22 - Apr 17 with 253 viewsmajorraglan

It would be really interesting to see how many of the MP’s who spoke against the proposed ban have received money from companies and or groups lobbying on behalf of tobacco companies. MP’s who have received payments in relation to a particular matter, like smoking, gambling or whatever should declare an interest and step aside when it comes to parliamentary business on that particular issue.
Opposition to new smoking ban on 20:16 - Apr 17 with 213 viewsReslovenSwan1

Opposition to new smoking ban on 10:17 - Apr 16 by pencoedjack

Maybe pedestrians should start wearing helmets to save the NHS money from accidents caused by those damn car drivers.

More nanny state malarkey.

For once I agree with Truss.

Smoking gives you a whole host of illnesses and is highly addictive.

We have a country where millions of young people are unfit to work from lifestyle choices who all expect the state (taxpayer) to bail them out.

This law is long overdue in my opinion . The community is not here for the benefit of tobacco firms and their shareholders.

Truss has seens how stupid people van be convinced of things with a well oiled machine and narrative. Namely MAGA in the US. She can be the UK Majorie Taylor Green perhaps.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Opposition to new smoking ban on 07:45 - Apr 18 with 154 viewsAnotherJohn

The latest research seems to suggest that contrary to the view that smoking is more prevalent among the poorest socio-economic groups, the demographic where it is increasing fastest is middle-class women aged 18-45.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/experts-university-college-london-england-

https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-024-03311-4

The research above found that surprisingly this group prefers roll-ups to manufactured cigarettes. They suggest that price is probably the main reason. I wonder whether a factor could be dual use with weed. I've noticed a lot of women university students smoking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024