Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. 21:31 - Apr 28 with 2026 viewsReslovenSwan1

I saw Liam Cullen's debut versus Crystal Palace in the league cup early round 5 years ago. Potter threw in a number of youngsters Harries the centre back, Dan James, Reid the solid full back and one or two others. He looked lightweight

Reid put in a beautiful aerial cross to Cullen to head and score on his debut. He made a miserable contact and the bll dribbled away. It seemed to me he did not fancy it at all.

Two year later Bidwell put in another great cross that Ayew would have buried. Sadly it was Cullen on the end of it and missed everybody. He by then had beefed up quite a bit.

I have always backed the man as Swansea born Centre forwards are very rare indeed. I want to see development.

Versus Norwich Ronald did a beautiful pass fed in Key and put in a lovely cross head height. Perfect for a planted header giving the keeper no chance. The Centre forward declined to head it and leaned back and took it on his chest instead. This gave time for the Norwich defender to get a block in.

If you do not like that sort of contact then you cannot be Swansea city's number nine i my opinion. A lot of chances will slip away with two wingers and Key and Tymon putting in juicy crosses.

Swansea appears to have two forward one who cannot head the ball and another who can but is not good enough on the deck.

Cullen does not have lightning pace like Michael Owen type so needs an all around game. Cadogan also have an horrible headed effort for the u21.

Other opinion are welcome.
[Post edited 28 Apr 21:33]

Wise sage since Toshack era

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 19:20 - Apr 30 with 591 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 00:00 - Apr 29 by lifelong

I did comment on the match day thread that he should have headed that first chance, couldn’t understand why he took it on his chest.

He's scored with his head in the past, so he ain't scared which is ridiculous suggestion by some, he doesn't strike me as someone who is afraid of the rough and tumble he's fronted up plenty of times to opos players.
He's limited but works hard, with the financial struggles the club as got, Cullen is a player we need to hang on to, unless Kaplan digs into his apparent deep pockets to buy better.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 586 viewsjack247

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:48 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

I struggle with calling Cullen a "centre forward" but maybe that's because I'm old school. Latchford, Toshack and even Alsop were centre forwards.

To me Cullen is a poacher who would do better off a proper centre forward. A proper CF will head the ball

It was different when everyone played 442 and lots of teams had a powerhouse and a finisher up front.

You’re right, he’s definitely better suited to playing off a target man, or even a player like Piroe who worried defenders and opened up space for him.

He’s quite versatile, but I don’t think he has the attributes to play up front on his own. Very difficult without physicality or serious pace.
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 09:05 - May 1 with 507 viewsonehunglow

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 19:20 - Apr 30 by max936

He's scored with his head in the past, so he ain't scared which is ridiculous suggestion by some, he doesn't strike me as someone who is afraid of the rough and tumble he's fronted up plenty of times to opos players.
He's limited but works hard, with the financial struggles the club as got, Cullen is a player we need to hang on to, unless Kaplan digs into his apparent deep pockets to buy better.

Cullen lacks several attributes but courage isn’t one of them.
Yates is different gravy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:23 - May 1 with 445 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 09:05 - May 1 by onehunglow

Cullen lacks several attributes but courage isn’t one of them.
Yates is different gravy

Yates is a wobbling jelly in comparison, there must be a player in there somewhere, he was a fans favourite at Blackpool, his confidence must be on the floor, that's all I can think, unless he just got lucky last season,

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:35 - May 1 with 425 viewsonehunglow

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:23 - May 1 by max936

Yates is a wobbling jelly in comparison, there must be a player in there somewhere, he was a fans favourite at Blackpool, his confidence must be on the floor, that's all I can think, unless he just got lucky last season,

Beats me S,but we are where we are with him.
Are we again responsible for ruining a player?
Not sure it’s true in this case

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 18:38 - May 1 with 402 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:35 - May 1 by onehunglow

Beats me S,but we are where we are with him.
Are we again responsible for ruining a player?
Not sure it’s true in this case

It's baffling, championship to fast and physical for him can't be true, because of his performances for Blackpool last season in the Championship.

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 19:50 - May 1 with 368 viewsjack247

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 18:38 - May 1 by max936

It's baffling, championship to fast and physical for him can't be true, because of his performances for Blackpool last season in the Championship.

I know he didn’t score many, but he looked a much better player earlier this season than he does now.
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 20:12 - May 1 with 346 viewstheloneranger

Why didn't Trundle head the ball for the Swans winner?? 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:06 - May 1 with 329 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 20:12 - May 1 by theloneranger

Brilliant enjoyed that what a goal, Robbo's freekick was somin else, don't think I was there though, can't remember.

I was, just asked my lad and he remembers that we were up in the east stand, he was 10 at the time.

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:14 - May 1 with 329 viewsReslovenSwan1

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 20:12 - May 1 by theloneranger

Trundle had an appreciation of space and his own skills. He would have scored with his feet or head. it was his choice. Cullen would score easily with his head but declined to head it.

I am investigating the reason for this.

a) He did not want to get hurt
b) He knew he was weak in the air.
b) He simply misjudged his option and wanted to make sure.

Govea missed another gilt edged header for the u21 in Sheffield. Swansea players are not allowed to score headers it seems. At least Govea is an out and out winger

Gyokeres score one and never played again. Same with Kukharevych.

Cullen is the greatest forward ever produced by the Swansea city CoE and Academy and cannot bury header 6m out for goal unmarked. The club has spent £30m+ on the academy and not produced a single all rund centre forward of note. Why not?

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:22 - May 1 with 323 viewsonehunglow

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:14 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Trundle had an appreciation of space and his own skills. He would have scored with his feet or head. it was his choice. Cullen would score easily with his head but declined to head it.

I am investigating the reason for this.

a) He did not want to get hurt
b) He knew he was weak in the air.
b) He simply misjudged his option and wanted to make sure.

Govea missed another gilt edged header for the u21 in Sheffield. Swansea players are not allowed to score headers it seems. At least Govea is an out and out winger

Gyokeres score one and never played again. Same with Kukharevych.

Cullen is the greatest forward ever produced by the Swansea city CoE and Academy and cannot bury header 6m out for goal unmarked. The club has spent £30m+ on the academy and not produced a single all rund centre forward of note. Why not?

Fair question

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:36 - May 1 with 318 viewsunion_jack

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:06 - May 1 by max936

Brilliant enjoyed that what a goal, Robbo's freekick was somin else, don't think I was there though, can't remember.

I was, just asked my lad and he remembers that we were up in the east stand, he was 10 at the time.

Didn’t we lose to Tranmere in the next round or have I got that all wrong?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:38 - May 1 with 314 viewsonehunglow

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:36 - May 1 by union_jack

Was that at Prento Park

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:52 - May 1 with 313 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:36 - May 1 by union_jack

Again, I can't remember

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:57 - May 1 with 310 viewsReslovenSwan1

I do remember and have to sadly remind you of that old CCFC favourite jason Koumas before going to WBA He masterminded Tranmere to victory I recall.

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 22:11 - May 1 with 305 viewstheloneranger

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 21:57 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I do remember and have to sadly remind you of that old CCFC favourite jason Koumas before going to WBA He masterminded Tranmere to victory I recall.

Jason Koumas had signed for WBA in 2002. This match was in 2004.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 22:15 - May 1 with 300 viewsReslovenSwan1

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 22:11 - May 1 by theloneranger

Jason Koumas had signed for WBA in 2002. This match was in 2004.

Ryan Taylor and ian Hume who went on to bigger and better things. Yes you were right.

https://www.besoccer.com/match/tranmere-rovers/swansea-city-afc/200441938/lineup

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 23:00 - May 1 with 276 viewsBarrySwan

Two Words

Walter Boyd
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 01:28 - May 2 with 242 viewsRobbie

Last Old Fashioned No.9 , Centre Forward we had was Bob Latchford , a great signing .

Trundle as a forward got his goals , fans adored him , quality stricker though , not sure .

Michu was somebody to to turn up to watch , a great player for us , injuries did not help .

Toshack and Laudraup had a good eye for the Swansea Way of Football playing .

Current culture leaves me cold , board and revolving door of managers , not good .
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 03:02 - May 2 with 231 viewsTreforys_Jack

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 01:28 - May 2 by Robbie

Last Old Fashioned No.9 , Centre Forward we had was Bob Latchford , a great signing .

Trundle as a forward got his goals , fans adored him , quality stricker though , not sure .

Michu was somebody to to turn up to watch , a great player for us , injuries did not help .

Toshack and Laudraup had a good eye for the Swansea Way of Football playing .

Current culture leaves me cold , board and revolving door of managers , not good .

Fernando Lorente ? Bit of an old school CF.
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 13:55 - May 2 with 192 viewsTreforys_Jack

He missed 3 or 4 relatively very good chances with his head in the last 6 games. Didn't even hit the target. But if its between him and Yates, then Liam all the way, but hopefully we are looking at better.
A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 17:15 - May 2 with 144 viewsmax936

A centre forward who does not like heading the ball. on 13:55 - May 2 by Treforys_Jack

He missed 3 or 4 relatively very good chances with his head in the last 6 games. Didn't even hit the target. But if its between him and Yates, then Liam all the way, but hopefully we are looking at better.

"But if its between him and Yates, then Liam all the way, but hopefully we are looking at better."

This 100%!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024