Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable these Tories 06:09 - May 1 with 4922 viewsbuilthjack

So, after all the drama, and over half a billion spent, the Tories have lost over 60% of the people that they were deporting to Rwanda.
Only about 2000 of the 5700 can still be traced. The rest are missing.
What a shower of shite again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:56 - May 3 with 703 viewscontroversial_jack

I didn't vote yesterday because of the Id requirement. It's a step towards a National Id card. There's not been a problem with voter fraud here and I have managed without one for almost 50 years
Unbelievable these Tories on 13:00 - May 3 with 702 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:52 - May 3 by Gwyn737

In principle I'm against national ID cards - as we're a lot of centerist across the main parties.

The one thing that may convince me is if we had an issue wioth widespread voter fraud.

But we don't, so I'm not.

I am concerend the current forms of acceptable ID dicriminated against younger would be voters.

Younger would be voters have no issue with producing acceptable forms of ID when buying drinks or vapes or lottery tickets or getting into concerts or nightclubs or jetting off to Shagaluf or the millions of other things young people need to produce acceptable forms of ID for than older people who generally don’t.

I’m not sure how it would discriminate against them when they are probably more used to needing ID and also have the same right and go through the same process to attain said ID card as everyone else. The main issue with younger would be voters is in many cases they simply can’t be arsed to go and vote and with the current state of play who could blame them?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:04 - May 3 with 701 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:56 - May 3 by controversial_jack

I didn't vote yesterday because of the Id requirement. It's a step towards a National Id card. There's not been a problem with voter fraud here and I have managed without one for almost 50 years

Can't see the fuss, all they did was tick a box to say what form of identity it was, you haven't got anything to hide have you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:36 - May 3 with 665 viewsGwyn737

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:00 - May 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Younger would be voters have no issue with producing acceptable forms of ID when buying drinks or vapes or lottery tickets or getting into concerts or nightclubs or jetting off to Shagaluf or the millions of other things young people need to produce acceptable forms of ID for than older people who generally don’t.

I’m not sure how it would discriminate against them when they are probably more used to needing ID and also have the same right and go through the same process to attain said ID card as everyone else. The main issue with younger would be voters is in many cases they simply can’t be arsed to go and vote and with the current state of play who could blame them?

I agree with you on the need to provide ID for all those things as there are specific reasons for doing so.

The reason given for producing ID at the ballot box is preventing voter fraud.

The question 'what voter fraud?' still counts.

I think it's a dangerous slope to start legislating agains things that might happen.

As I said earlier, if voter fraud is a problem I'll get 100% behind voter ID. If not, it's disenfranchising voters for no reason.
Unbelievable these Tories on 15:31 - May 3 with 627 viewsJumpingJackFlash

I agree.

But why is a senior railcard acceptable ID to vote but a student railcard isn’t?

You’d think that the government wanted to make it easier for older people to vote because they’re more likely to vote Conservative.
Unbelievable these Tories on 15:38 - May 3 with 606 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:04 - May 3 by raynor94

Can't see the fuss, all they did was tick a box to say what form of identity it was, you haven't got anything to hide have you?

Those against ID cards to me seem rather paranoid.
Nobody is immune from ID checks .
Try an airport.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:16 - May 3 with 591 viewsAnotherJohn

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:36 - May 3 by Gwyn737

I agree with you on the need to provide ID for all those things as there are specific reasons for doing so.

The reason given for producing ID at the ballot box is preventing voter fraud.

The question 'what voter fraud?' still counts.

I think it's a dangerous slope to start legislating agains things that might happen.

As I said earlier, if voter fraud is a problem I'll get 100% behind voter ID. If not, it's disenfranchising voters for no reason.

Wouldn't you then feel uncomfortable in an EU country where this is the norm? Of course, the long-term trend within the Union is towards convergence on matters like this , so that this would almost certainly have eventually affected the UK had we remained a member country.
[Post edited 3 May 16:23]
Unbelievable these Tories on 16:22 - May 3 with 577 viewsJumpingJackFlash

An admission by Jacob Rees Mogg that voter ID was an attempt to fiddle the system.

“Mr Rees-Mogg's statement suggests that the reforms were an attempt to boost the Conservative Party's support, rather than to reduce electoral fraud - as had been said in public.

Speaking at the National Conservatism conference in Westminster, Mr Rees-Mogg said: "Parties that try and gerrymander end up finding their clever scheme comes back to bite them, as dare I say we found by insisting on voter ID for elections.

"We found the people who didn't have ID were elderly and they by and large voted Conservative, so we made it hard for our own voters and we upset a system that worked perfectly well."”
Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:54 - May 3 with 567 viewscontroversial_jack

Yes i have something to hide, my anonymity
Unbelievable these Tories on 18:18 - May 3 with 546 viewsGwyn737

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:16 - May 3 by AnotherJohn

Wouldn't you then feel uncomfortable in an EU country where this is the norm? Of course, the long-term trend within the Union is towards convergence on matters like this , so that this would almost certainly have eventually affected the UK had we remained a member country.
[Post edited 3 May 16:23]

It wouldn’t be my choice, no. I could probably be persuaded for the right reasons.

The point in this discussion is that saying countries in Europe have to have ID to vote is moot as they have national ID cards.

Here not only do you have to source one but the ones you can use are weighted against younger people.
Unbelievable these Tories on 18:36 - May 3 with 542 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:54 - May 3 by controversial_jack

So you do have something to hide, watch you don't get caught out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Unbelievable these Tories on 19:39 - May 3 with 517 viewsSullutaCreturned

Strange thought process that when you sonsider how much we are all tracked in everyday life.

Do you use a bank card?

Do you use a mobile phone?

Do you use any public wifi?

Do you drive anywhere?

Do you walk through any town?

All 4 of those things mean you will be tracked. Then there's work, we use an Ipad which is GPS located, our van is tracked and our work phones are also tracked.

A national ID card is hardly needed, when they need to find us they pretty much can anyway.
Only the paranoid and/or the scared worry about ID cards, that horse has long since bolted.
Unbelievable these Tories on 19:51 - May 3 with 502 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:54 - May 3 by controversial_jack

So when you walk in a polling booth and they ask for your name and address you just stay silent?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:01 - May 3 with 490 viewsDr_Winston

Producing ID when turning up to vote is such a no brainer of a requirement it's decidedly telling that the primary opposition to it has come from the left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:07 - May 3 with 487 viewsGwyn737

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:01 - May 3 by Dr_Winston

Producing ID when turning up to vote is such a no brainer of a requirement it's decidedly telling that the primary opposition to it has come from the left.

I’d say it comes from people who want as many people to vote as possible.

If someone can give me a reason for it other than it stops non- existent election fraud then sign me up.

I’d add it’s not a left wing thing to not want to legislate against things that might happen.
Unbelievable these Tories on 20:36 - May 3 with 475 viewsmax936

Aye, he's a Ruski

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:38 - May 3 with 474 viewscontroversial_jack

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:07 - May 3 by Gwyn737

I’d say it comes from people who want as many people to vote as possible.

If someone can give me a reason for it other than it stops non- existent election fraud then sign me up.

I’d add it’s not a left wing thing to not want to legislate against things that might happen.

It's possible it's put many voters off. Still it will prevent the voting fraud problem we don't have
Unbelievable these Tories on 21:13 - May 3 with 435 viewsmajorraglan

But it’s not a level playing field when it comes to producing the ID, a 60+ plus Oyster card with picture is acceptable, but the 18+ card for students isn’t accepted. A 60plus bus pass is acceptable, a young persons railcard which could be used to gain access to a night club, buy a vape, etc isn’t acceptable neither is a University Student ID card. The rules as they are have been introduced to disenfranchise some elements of society. Down our way, most youngsters have a driving licence as they need it to get about, in places like London lots of youngsters don’t need a driving licence because they’ve got great public transport, over and above that they probably couldn’t afford to learn to drive and run a car.

Agree with your point about most youngsters not being bothered to vote.
Unbelievable these Tories on 19:02 - May 4 with 330 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 21:13 - May 3 by majorraglan

But it’s not a level playing field when it comes to producing the ID, a 60+ plus Oyster card with picture is acceptable, but the 18+ card for students isn’t accepted. A 60plus bus pass is acceptable, a young persons railcard which could be used to gain access to a night club, buy a vape, etc isn’t acceptable neither is a University Student ID card. The rules as they are have been introduced to disenfranchise some elements of society. Down our way, most youngsters have a driving licence as they need it to get about, in places like London lots of youngsters don’t need a driving licence because they’ve got great public transport, over and above that they probably couldn’t afford to learn to drive and run a car.

Agree with your point about most youngsters not being bothered to vote.

There's something in that because while most youngsters don't vote, those that do tend to vote Labour, or at least they don't vote tory. N surprise they try to affect the outcome.

I watched professor Curtice, the electoral expert, on tv this morning. He was saying that Houchen still won in the Tees valley because, while people do vote for a party they will still vote for the person too.
What that does s make the Welsh Labour decision to have closed lists look daft, it may cost them votes. I wont vote Welsh Labour anyway, it's an indepepndent for me but will people in Wales take umbridge to not knowing who they will be voting for, what if they get an MS that s utterly useless?
Unbelievable these Tories on 08:21 - May 5 with 281 viewsBoundy

I take you don't drive then , if you did you'd have observed (or perhaps not) that your plastic driving licence already double as an id card.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:58 - May 5 with 251 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable these Tories on 08:21 - May 5 by Boundy

I take you don't drive then , if you did you'd have observed (or perhaps not) that your plastic driving licence already double as an id card.

“ Do you have ID please.”
Yes,here’s my driving licence

Going abroad,what’s @ passport if not ID

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:23 - May 5 with 235 viewscontroversial_jack

Unbelievable these Tories on 08:21 - May 5 by Boundy

That's my choice though
Unbelievable these Tories on 10:51 - May 5 with 226 viewsBoundy

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:23 - May 5 by controversial_jack

That's my choice though

?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:54 - May 5 with 222 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:51 - May 5 by Boundy

?

If you have a passport ,it is, my definition proof of your identity
We all need to IF ourselves at some stage

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:25 - May 5 with 188 viewsmajorraglan

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:58 - May 5 by onehunglow

“ Do you have ID please.”
Yes,here’s my driving licence

Going abroad,what’s @ passport if not ID

Around 1/3 of eligible persons in the U.K. don’t have driving licences, around 25% of U.K. adults don’t have a passport, which when you consider the numbers actually equates to around 8m adults or a lot of voters.

My mother’s driving days are well behind her as are her vacations abroad, she doesn’t have either and there are quite a few in the same boat. .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024