Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable these Tories 06:09 - May 1 with 5769 viewsbuilthjack

So, after all the drama, and over half a billion spent, the Tories have lost over 60% of the people that they were deporting to Rwanda.
Only about 2000 of the 5700 can still be traced. The rest are missing.
What a shower of shite again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:57 - May 9 with 673 viewsWhiterockin

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:55 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

She did, so she's pretty sure she's in the clear, either that, or she's thick as mince.

Pride comes before a fall.
Unbelievable these Tories on 21:32 - May 9 with 649 viewsbuilthjack

Unbelievable these Tories on 18:50 - May 9 by JumpingJackFlash

She wasn’t in public office when the alleged offence took place. It was before she became an MP.

Nadhim Zahawi continues to serve as an MP after failing to pay £3.7 million capital gains tax. HMRC applied a 30% penalty so he eventually agreed to pay them £4.8 million. He claimed it was “careless and not deliberate”.

Should have served time for that

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:45 - May 10 with 580 viewsraynor94

Starmer shooting himself in foot again, what on earth is he thinking accepting Elphicke into the party.

He is doing a great job alienating voters

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:09 - May 10 with 554 viewscontroversial_jack

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:45 - May 10 by raynor94

Starmer shooting himself in foot again, what on earth is he thinking accepting Elphicke into the party.

You wouldn't vote Labour anyway, so what are you complaining about?
Unbelievable these Tories on 13:19 - May 10 with 545 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:09 - May 10 by controversial_jack

You wouldn't vote Labour anyway, so what are you complaining about?

Why wouldn't I vote Labour?

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:58 - May 10 with 522 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:45 - May 10 by raynor94

Not according to the usual Friday polling announcements today. Survation for example, who conducts its polls every Thursday and Friday morning has just announced a further 2% lead for Labour up to 20 points. All the polls today show increased Labour leads except one with no change.

You gov for the Times shows a 30 point lead. It must be an outlier because that would result in fewer than 20 Conservative MPs.
Unbelievable these Tories on 16:08 - May 10 with 484 viewscontroversial_jack

Unbelievable these Tories on 13:19 - May 10 by raynor94

Why wouldn't I vote Labour?

You have stated in the past that you wont
Unbelievable these Tories on 16:41 - May 10 with 467 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 16:08 - May 10 by controversial_jack

You have stated in the past that you wont

I always will nationally, but Labour in Wales is a totally different subject

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable these Tories on 18:14 - May 10 with 453 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 18:50 - May 9 by JumpingJackFlash

She wasn’t in public office when the alleged offence took place. It was before she became an MP.

Nadhim Zahawi continues to serve as an MP after failing to pay £3.7 million capital gains tax. HMRC applied a 30% penalty so he eventually agreed to pay them £4.8 million. He claimed it was “careless and not deliberate”.

Well then, she sold the house in 2015 and when did she become an MP...2015. Now I can't be certain if she sold the house before or after May 7th but she was selected as the Labour party candidate in September 2014.

How's them for facts, Gwyn?

Can anyone enlighten us as to when she sold the house? If later than 07/05/2015 then she was in public office.

Now Nadim Zahawi, if he broke a law he should have been punished far more strongly. My personal feeling is he should be in prison and still have to pay back the tax.
Truthfully, because Rayner is who she is, she'll prbably end up like Zahawi, told to pay it back with a penalty, if guilty. Why the rich or priviliged just get to pay it back, specially when its massive amount of money, is beyond me. If Zahawi was truly that careless then he's not fit for public office anyway.

I took this from a legal website, thanks to Patrick Cannon, Barrister at law.

Tax evasion carries serious penalties – those found guilty of tax evasion could face fines and prison sentences – from £5,000 and six months in jail to seven years in prison and unlimited fines. Of course, the penalties themselves are not the only suffering brought by tax evasion cases. Legal fees, stress, asset-freezing or confiscation and reputational damage can all be crippling to an individual or a business facing tax evasion investigations and litigation.

Tax evasion is the deliberate, dishonest non-payment of tax owed to HMRC.

Anyone who doesn’t declare exactly how much taxable income or gains they receive can be accused of tax evasion. In order for the HMRC to find an individual guilty of tax evasion, they must demonstrate that the taxpayer knowingly suppressed information in order to avoid or reduce tax payments.

So while Zahawi's punishment would be bigger because of the massive sum involved they are both in the same bracket. I pretty much guarantee I would spend some time in prison if I did this and my claims of "careless and not deliberate" wouldnt make a difference.
Unbelievable these Tories on 18:25 - May 10 with 446 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 18:14 - May 10 by SullutaCreturned

Well then, she sold the house in 2015 and when did she become an MP...2015. Now I can't be certain if she sold the house before or after May 7th but she was selected as the Labour party candidate in September 2014.

Can anyone enlighten us as to when she sold the house? If later than 07/05/2015 then she was in public office.

Now Nadim Zahawi, if he broke a law he should have been punished far more strongly. My personal feeling is he should be in prison and still have to pay back the tax.
Truthfully, because Rayner is who she is, she'll prbably end up like Zahawi, told to pay it back with a penalty, if guilty. Why the rich or priviliged just get to pay it back, specially when its massive amount of money, is beyond me. If Zahawi was truly that careless then he's not fit for public office anyway.

Tax evasion carries serious penalties – those found guilty of tax evasion could face fines and prison sentences – from £5,000 and six months in jail to seven years in prison and unlimited fines. Of course, the penalties themselves are not the only suffering brought by tax evasion cases. Legal fees, stress, asset-freezing or confiscation and reputational damage can all be crippling to an individual or a business facing tax evasion investigations and litigation.

Anyone who doesn’t declare exactly how much taxable income or gains they receive can be accused of tax evasion. In order for the HMRC to find an individual guilty of tax evasion, they must demonstrate that the taxpayer knowingly suppressed information in order to avoid or reduce tax payments.

So while Zahawi's punishment would be bigger because of the massive sum involved they are both in the same bracket. I pretty much guarantee I would spend some time in prison if I did this and my claims of "careless and not deliberate" wouldnt make a difference.

Well Katie Price certainly doesn't adhere to any taxation laws, and is still getting away with it

Unbelievable these Tories on 19:43 - May 10 with 425 viewsJumpingJackFlash

I said earlier that it will be interesting to see what she is charged with if anything.

Tax evasion?

Never in a million years will Raynor be charged with tax evasion. She took advice and heeded that advice. HMRC looked at it years ago and took no action. Tax experts have calculated that the most she could have possibly owed based on her buying and selling price was £1500. Any work done by her on the house would be offset against the CGT. HMRC can reclaim tax owed due to mistakes or carelessness for 6 years.

The CGT is a red herring. The daily Mail say that 12 police officers are looking into her case. The police do not get involved in tax matters unless it is significant evasion or fraud. To have 12 officers looking at her case when the police are overstretched means it must be a potentially significant breach of the law.

It has been widely reported by all sectors of the media that what happened took place before she became an MP. I took that at face value.
Unbelievable these Tories on 21:23 - May 10 with 380 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 19:43 - May 10 by JumpingJackFlash

I said earlier that it will be interesting to see what she is charged with if anything.

Tax evasion?

Never in a million years will Raynor be charged with tax evasion. She took advice and heeded that advice. HMRC looked at it years ago and took no action. Tax experts have calculated that the most she could have possibly owed based on her buying and selling price was £1500. Any work done by her on the house would be offset against the CGT. HMRC can reclaim tax owed due to mistakes or carelessness for 6 years.

The CGT is a red herring. The daily Mail say that 12 police officers are looking into her case. The police do not get involved in tax matters unless it is significant evasion or fraud. To have 12 officers looking at her case when the police are overstretched means it must be a potentially significant breach of the law.

It has been widely reported by all sectors of the media that what happened took place before she became an MP. I took that at face value.

Taking news reports at face value eh, tricky business that

Honestly, I'm not down on Rayner because she's Labour, its because she's a politician and they are, in my opinion, a generally self serving, deeitful, crooked lot. They lie, they cheat, they steal and they get away with it.
Unbelievable these Tories on 07:32 - May 11 with 331 viewsGwyn737

As I’ve said previously, if found guilty she should be out.

I think it’s unlikely as the party is sticking by her.

The reason I think the Zahawi comparison is import for me is not just the difference in amounts involved, its that she appears to be being treated quite differently to him, probably because she’s a working class female.
Unbelievable these Tories on 09:45 - May 11 with 306 viewsraynor94

Unbelievable these Tories on 07:32 - May 11 by Gwyn737

The reason I think the Zahawi comparison is import for me is not just the difference in amounts involved, its that she appears to be being treated quite differently to him, probably because she’s a working class female.

I think she is being treated this way because on numerous occasions in the house she has always accused the Tories of tax evasion, and calling for them to reveal their returns.

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:54 - May 11 with 275 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:45 - May 11 by raynor94

I think she is being treated this way because on numerous occasions in the house she has always accused the Tories of tax evasion, and calling for them to reveal their returns.

If she can’t take it,she shouldn’t give it
No offence

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:56 - May 11 with 275 viewsmajorraglan

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:45 - May 11 by raynor94

She recently offered to publish her tax returns for the period in question if Sunak and Hunt who were criticising her published their ax returns, they didn’t and they also stopped criticising her!

She needs to be fully investigated as do any MP’s who are under suspicion. Zahawi had “issues” with his tax and he questions were also raised about his expenses.
Unbelievable these Tories on 11:01 - May 11 with 263 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 07:32 - May 11 by Gwyn737

The tories are pushing it because she's labour. The only difference is in the amounts but the basic crime is the same.

if she's guilty then she should get the appropriate punsihment and as I said, Zahawi should have been punished very strongly for such a massive amount.
Unbelievable these Tories on 11:11 - May 11 with 255 viewsGwyn737

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:01 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

The tories are pushing it because she's labour. The only difference is in the amounts but the basic crime is the same.

if she's guilty then she should get the appropriate punsihment and as I said, Zahawi should have been punished very strongly for such a massive amount.

I’m thinking wider than the tories, Cat.

It’s maintained news traction, particularly in the printed press.

Look at the title of this thread and look what it’s become…

I’m sure it’s not the case on here but I’m sure she gets a worse deal because of who she is.
Unbelievable these Tories on 11:48 - May 11 with 248 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:11 - May 11 by Gwyn737

I’m thinking wider than the tories, Cat.

It’s maintained news traction, particularly in the printed press.

Look at the title of this thread and look what it’s become…

I’m sure it’s not the case on here but I’m sure she gets a worse deal because of who she is.

Maybe she does. personalky I dont care about where she came from. I care about how she behaves and what she does.

It'd be really arsey of me to be a critic because of her background when its fairly similar to mine.

I know I'm an idealist but I expect better of our politicians and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Lets face it, Zahawi may be a posh tory nw but he's a Kurdish/Iraqi immigrant and we are supposed to be racists aren't we, yet we treat a non white immigrant better than a white british woman?
Maybe it's not about background as much? She's labour so they're chucking whatever they think will stick at her.
Unbelievable these Tories on 11:55 - May 11 with 247 viewsGwyn737

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:48 - May 11 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe she does. personalky I dont care about where she came from. I care about how she behaves and what she does.

It'd be really arsey of me to be a critic because of her background when its fairly similar to mine.

I know I'm an idealist but I expect better of our politicians and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with things like this, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Lets face it, Zahawi may be a posh tory nw but he's a Kurdish/Iraqi immigrant and we are supposed to be racists aren't we, yet we treat a non white immigrant better than a white british woman?
Maybe it's not about background as much? She's labour so they're chucking whatever they think will stick at her.

You could well be right, mate.

It’s a sad state of affairs that our expectations of our politicians are so often dashed.
Unbelievable these Tories on 12:15 - May 11 with 241 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:55 - May 11 by Gwyn737

You could well be right, mate.

It’s a sad state of affairs that our expectations of our politicians are so often dashed.

it's a sad state of affairs that we are so ofetn given dross to vote for. Why do they choose these people?

Why do we vote for these people.. is this why so many don't bother to vote?

But then, politics has always been corrupt and you can go back to the rotten boroughs and beyond, as bent as a ten bob note.
The people we need to clean it up are the filth who infest it. No wonder the world is such a bad place when we are run by these kinds of people.

When will we learn.
Unbelievable these Tories on 12:15 - May 11 with 241 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Unbelievable these Tories on 20:55 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

She did, so she's pretty sure she's in the clear, either that, or she's thick as mince.

Her being thick as mince is surely not even up for debate at this point? Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a thick politician. Maybe Lammy or dianne Abbott would be contenders or that gormless Hancock but I think our Ange is still number 1.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:25 - May 12 with 169 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 12:15 - May 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Her being thick as mince is surely not even up for debate at this point? Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a thick politician. Maybe Lammy or dianne Abbott would be contenders or that gormless Hancock but I think our Ange is still number 1.

Have a look at the Senedd!

Thing is you can be thick as mince and still be honest. Ange could be tellingthe truth and the reality of her capital gains/electoral fraud thing is just because she's too thick to have realised the mistake.

There again, with Zahawi, he claimed a "careless mistake" but he had been Chancellor, if he wasnt clever enough to manage his own finances he clearly wasn't suited to such a role and maybe if Ange is that thick, she's not suted to politics either.
Unbelievable these Tories on 10:35 - May 12 with 165 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Unbelievable these Tories on 09:54 - May 11 by onehunglow

If she can’t take it,she shouldn’t give it
No offence

Exactly. Her only role since day one of becoming an MP has been that of an attack dog. Having an incredibly limited intellect, very little political ability and no ideas of her own her precise modus operandi has been to point out vociferously what a bunch of posh no good downright conniving thieving backstabbing degenerate perverted bunch of bastards the tories are. Which they are. But to play that role you yourself have to be squeaky clean because glasshouses and stones and all that.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Unbelievable these Tories on 11:03 - May 12 with 154 viewsSullutaCreturned

Unbelievable these Tories on 10:35 - May 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Exactly. Her only role since day one of becoming an MP has been that of an attack dog. Having an incredibly limited intellect, very little political ability and no ideas of her own her precise modus operandi has been to point out vociferously what a bunch of posh no good downright conniving thieving backstabbing degenerate perverted bunch of bastards the tories are. Which they are. But to play that role you yourself have to be squeaky clean because glasshouses and stones and all that.

Ah but saying such things will draw comments like you're sexist, you don't like her regional accent, you don't like her background because she was a poor single arent done good.

Many people of left AND right see things through blinkers, if you're not with them you must be with the other side. I think Zahawi should be in prison but that doesn't matter; If I say something bad about Rayner then I must be a Tory and the same thing works the other way around.

As for being squeaky clean, let they who are without sin cast the first stone in which case there ain't no politician can say a word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024