Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald 10:11 - May 2 with 1594 viewsQJumpingJack

Congratulations to both gentlemen on their awards last night.
Very much deserved.

And if I were Jake, Jase, Ken and Andy - I would probably find some time to speak to these gentlemen. They may learn a thing or two.
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 11:43 - May 2 with 1224 viewsBoundy

They probably wont though, which would be a pity due to boths' experiences within the Club

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 12:13 - May 2 with 1203 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 11:43 - May 2 by Boundy

They probably wont though, which would be a pity due to boths' experiences within the Club

think how much experience around football and Swansea Mel and Stu have compared to the current board.

Stu and the Trust played a big roll alonsgside Trevor 2020-2021 during the pandemic - that should not be underestimated.
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:28 - May 2 with 1104 viewsmax936

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 12:13 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

think how much experience around football and Swansea Mel and Stu have compared to the current board.

Stu and the Trust played a big roll alonsgside Trevor 2020-2021 during the pandemic - that should not be underestimated.

Well, someone reckons Trev was useless for the Swans, probably because he embraced the fans that someone doesn't like that sort of thing.

For me Trev was like a breath of fresh air a proper football man not a pretender and he was right to embrace the fans cause the club belongs to the fans who have they hearts and souls in the place and will still be here when this lot are long gone they are owners passing through and only interested in making money for themselves, like the sellouts did.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:42 - May 2 with 1082 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:28 - May 2 by max936

Well, someone reckons Trev was useless for the Swans, probably because he embraced the fans that someone doesn't like that sort of thing.

For me Trev was like a breath of fresh air a proper football man not a pretender and he was right to embrace the fans cause the club belongs to the fans who have they hearts and souls in the place and will still be here when this lot are long gone they are owners passing through and only interested in making money for themselves, like the sellouts did.

Trevor is a very good man and I think we miss him and his expertise especially during the difficult period that was the pandemic.
Remember that brilliant night at Reading in July 2020?
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:05 - May 2 with 1061 viewsmax936

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:42 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

Trevor is a very good man and I think we miss him and his expertise especially during the difficult period that was the pandemic.

Absolutely, its no wonder he's got the job he's got and he'll go on and on to better jobs!

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:08 - May 2 with 1057 viewsKeithHaynes

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:42 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

On the tv yes 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:26 - May 2 with 1034 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:05 - May 2 by max936

Absolutely, its no wonder he's got the job he's got and he'll go on and on to better jobs!

Trevor has a very impressive CV in football and is hugely respected.
He was a bad loss when he left in 2021.
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:34 - May 2 with 1027 viewsKeithHaynes

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 18:26 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

Trevor has a very impressive CV in football and is hugely respected.
He was a bad loss when he left in 2021.

Went on to better things, it’s what happens to many at Swansea.

Login to get fewer ads

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 19:55 - May 2 with 973 viewsQJumpingJack

re: POTY Awards last night.

Did anyone go?

What was Coleman's speech like? Did he acknowledge that it has been a very miserable season (apart from one or two exceptions)?
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 21:41 - May 2 with 922 viewsKeithHaynes

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 19:55 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

re: POTY Awards last night.

Did anyone go?

What was Coleman's speech like? Did he acknowledge that it has been a very miserable season (apart from one or two exceptions)?

I think he had to check his calendar first, get his shower fixed and watch a rerun of Dallas.

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 23:16 - May 2 with 874 viewsmax936

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 21:41 - May 2 by KeithHaynes

I think he had to check his calendar first, get his shower fixed and watch a rerun of Dallas.

Dallas

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 16:34 - May 4 with 703 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 17:28 - May 2 by max936

You big up Trevor Birch who was here for about a year and just kept the club ticking over while lambasting the real achievers Huw Jenkins and Mr Morgan. I like to think they would never allow their team to stand in front of a logo of a far left American activist group for free on the club website.

Birch and Winter just kept the club ticking over losing £1m a month. Both got good money for players who have not proven worth what they were sold for. McBurney Rodon and Downes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 16:47 - May 4 with 704 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 16:34 - May 4 by ReslovenSwan1

You big up Trevor Birch who was here for about a year and just kept the club ticking over while lambasting the real achievers Huw Jenkins and Mr Morgan. I like to think they would never allow their team to stand in front of a logo of a far left American activist group for free on the club website.

Birch and Winter just kept the club ticking over losing £1m a month. Both got good money for players who have not proven worth what they were sold for. McBurney Rodon and Downes.

can you back your statement up with evidence please
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 13:41 - May 5 with 594 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 16:47 - May 4 by QJumpingJack

can you back your statement up with evidence please

https://images.app.goo.gl/6cvbGeQdxS11SzLAA

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 13:45 - May 5 with 595 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 13:41 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

https://images.app.goo.gl/6cvbGeQdxS11SzLAA

No.
Your alleged comments about Mr Birch in relation to Mr Jenkins and Mr Morgan.
Please provide evidence. How would you know this?
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 14:04 - May 5 with 569 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 13:45 - May 5 by QJumpingJack

No.
Your alleged comments about Mr Birch in relation to Mr Jenkins and Mr Morgan.
Please provide evidence. How would you know this?

Birch joined the club in march 2019 and left in September 2020. From memory he appointed Steve Cooper on t a three year contract. Steve sent back a striker now worth £100m and started him only once when he scored. Steve told the club he did not want to work the third year of his contact ( the parachute payments had ended).

Birch was OK apart from the BLM thing. Not sure why he gets so much love compared to say Winter. Jenkins and Morgan took Swansea from nothing made the Trust' s shares worth £21m for three or four years. and built fantastic infrastructure.

Max lambasted Jenkins and Morgan. (I was addressing Max) who called them "sellouts".
[Post edited 5 May 14:09]

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 23:01 - May 5 with 503 viewsmax936

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 14:04 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Birch joined the club in march 2019 and left in September 2020. From memory he appointed Steve Cooper on t a three year contract. Steve sent back a striker now worth £100m and started him only once when he scored. Steve told the club he did not want to work the third year of his contact ( the parachute payments had ended).

Birch was OK apart from the BLM thing. Not sure why he gets so much love compared to say Winter. Jenkins and Morgan took Swansea from nothing made the Trust' s shares worth £21m for three or four years. and built fantastic infrastructure.

Max lambasted Jenkins and Morgan. (I was addressing Max) who called them "sellouts".

Cause that's what they are, we were told by your Hero that these Yanks can sustain us and get us back up if we got relegated, all they are achieving at the moment is haemorrhaging money, because of their haphazard decisions, there's no players of decent value left to sell, leaving the club with little money to strengthen the squad, the squad has got weaker and weaker.

Telling the truth isn't lambasting anyone, only one who can't see that is you, which is no surprise to anyone.

You detest Birch for his BLM stance and praise him for nothing its not Birch's fault that the manger didn't play or want Gyökeres.

Steve told the club he did not want to work the third year of his contact, how do you know that? And even If that is true you only need to look back to the January Transfer window to see why, similar happened with Martin, its well known that you have a selective memory and cherry pick bits to post.
[Post edited 5 May 23:03]

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 23:46 - May 5 with 478 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 23:01 - May 5 by max936

Cause that's what they are, we were told by your Hero that these Yanks can sustain us and get us back up if we got relegated, all they are achieving at the moment is haemorrhaging money, because of their haphazard decisions, there's no players of decent value left to sell, leaving the club with little money to strengthen the squad, the squad has got weaker and weaker.

Telling the truth isn't lambasting anyone, only one who can't see that is you, which is no surprise to anyone.

You detest Birch for his BLM stance and praise him for nothing its not Birch's fault that the manger didn't play or want Gyökeres.

Steve told the club he did not want to work the third year of his contact, how do you know that? And even If that is true you only need to look back to the January Transfer window to see why, similar happened with Martin, its well known that you have a selective memory and cherry pick bits to post.
[Post edited 5 May 23:03]

I was brought up to respect those who did well by me and HJ and MM did very well indeed for my football team and i thank them and respect their work. They made some money but not a massive sum simply selling a share of what they created. The fans group were offered a chance to sell but for 10,000% profit but sold not one share. The members were to blame being AWOL when big decisions were needed 2015 -2016.

The US owners were one game from a return to the Premier league and the club despite losses is not in huge debt because of investments. HJ told the fans the board could not sustain losses like this but the US buyers could. He was correct.

Swansea city has been reporting £1m per month trading losses since relegation offset by big ticket sales. It is worrying now that prospects are not not signing long deals and may need to be sold before they have been developed.

Steve wanted to leave the club on good terms and agreed to do the pre season. He left when a replacement had been found Russell Martin. The January window was a horrendous mistake by Cooper who wanted Gyorkeres out, He had a world class striker in the building but did not see it or develop him. The transfer disaster was initiated by Cooper wanting inferior ex England u17 player over better players he already had signed up.

Potter made the same mistake bringing Asoro when he already had Dan James. It is hope Watson will see the big picture.

I do not detest Birch at all. He was generally competent from what I can see but just passing through lie Winter. They both did good trading on the sales side.

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonald on 00:51 - May 6 with 464 viewsRobbie

Seem to recall Mel Nurse saving The Swans financially after the Tony Petty fiasco .
Put his money into where he believed in , his club , nice one .

Think he had a Guest House on Oystermouth Road around that time too .
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 01:27 - May 6 with 456 viewstheloneranger

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 14:04 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

It's a pity Brighton didn't use your eye for a player, and they wouldn't have let Gyökeres go so cheaply - or even have retained him!!
[Post edited 6 May 1:30]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 06:08 - May 6 with 424 viewsWhiterockin

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 01:27 - May 6 by theloneranger

It's a pity Brighton didn't use your eye for a player, and they wouldn't have let Gyökeres go so cheaply - or even have retained him!!
[Post edited 6 May 1:30]

The truth is he was never our player, but let's not allow facts get in the way of opinion.
Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 08:35 - May 6 with 379 viewsswancity

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 06:08 - May 6 by Whiterockin

The truth is he was never our player, but let's not allow facts get in the way of opinion.

Another truth is that Gyokores wasn’t very good for us. I watched him play several times. He didn’t seem to want to be here. No goals scored in his 11 league appearances is hardly an indication that he deserved more games. He seems to have matured and is doing well now but you could certainly understand why he was not getting regular games at Swansea (or Brighton where he didn’t start one league game. )

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 10:21 - May 6 with 330 viewsmax936

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 06:08 - May 6 by Whiterockin

Can't beat an attention seeking yarn full of delusional opinions, written as truths White, any way the sun's shinning. Au revoir pour le moment.

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 10:52 - May 6 with 318 viewsonehunglow

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 10:21 - May 6 by max936

Can't beat an attention seeking yarn full of delusional opinions, written as truths White, any way the sun's shinning. Au revoir pour le moment.

J’aime voter PG Tips,monsieur

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 11:53 - May 6 with 291 viewsQJumpingJack

Mel Nurse & Stu McDonaldu big up Tee on 23:46 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I was brought up to respect those who did well by me and HJ and MM did very well indeed for my football team and i thank them and respect their work. They made some money but not a massive sum simply selling a share of what they created. The fans group were offered a chance to sell but for 10,000% profit but sold not one share. The members were to blame being AWOL when big decisions were needed 2015 -2016.

The US owners were one game from a return to the Premier league and the club despite losses is not in huge debt because of investments. HJ told the fans the board could not sustain losses like this but the US buyers could. He was correct.

Swansea city has been reporting £1m per month trading losses since relegation offset by big ticket sales. It is worrying now that prospects are not not signing long deals and may need to be sold before they have been developed.

Steve wanted to leave the club on good terms and agreed to do the pre season. He left when a replacement had been found Russell Martin. The January window was a horrendous mistake by Cooper who wanted Gyorkeres out, He had a world class striker in the building but did not see it or develop him. The transfer disaster was initiated by Cooper wanting inferior ex England u17 player over better players he already had signed up.

Potter made the same mistake bringing Asoro when he already had Dan James. It is hope Watson will see the big picture.

I do not detest Birch at all. He was generally competent from what I can see but just passing through lie Winter. They both did good trading on the sales side.

The constant posting about Gyokeres is repetitive and boring. Please come up with a new angle.

I don't know if you watch Swansea much but I saw most games when Gyokeres was with us and he was nothing special.
All clubs have players who move on and become stars.
I am not sure if you supported the Swans in the early 80s but we had a player called Dean Saunders who we released.
Doug Sharpe refused to pay Ron Noades £100,000 for John Salako.
The great Frank Burrows had Frank Lampard Junior.
But we don't go on about those missed opportunities.
[Chelsea had Salah and De Bruyne on their books].

Cooper had a challenging time. From memory he was given players from DC United who he did not want. I trust Steve over Jason and Kaplan when it comes to player quality.

And in summary we should remember

The Huw Jenkins era - more good signings than bad

The Jason Levien era - more bad signings than good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024