Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 17614 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:25 - May 8 with 3061 viewsRichardO

Didn't he have a drink and gambling problem and blew it all, or was that someone else?
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:36 - May 8 with 3014 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:11 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

There are add ins, but not £3,000,000, and the initial payment is suspect as well.

The exact WoL quote is "could be worth as much as £3million to the Swans" . In WoL speak its there is a sum to be paid if Leeds are promoted but we haven't got a clue, so we will pick a hypothetical amount and say could be as much as.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:39 - May 8 with 2928 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:36 - May 8 by Whiterockin

The exact WoL quote is "could be worth as much as £3million to the Swans" . In WoL speak its there is a sum to be paid if Leeds are promoted but we haven't got a clue, so we will pick a hypothetical amount and say could be as much as.

There’s not a lot of people out there who read between the lines like that mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:34 - May 8 with 2683 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:24 - May 8 by Daggyjack

Tottenham to listen to offers for Ben Davies.
An experienced head amongst the youngsters - is it worth offering a contract with a view to then moving into coaching?

100% definitely.
Him and Joey managerial duo superteam.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:36 - May 8 with 2683 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:35 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

I think Ben’s main issue will come from his wife Emily. I think both are far too young to do a Joe Allen. She has a growing business in London, and since they got married it seems to be getting a lot more profile. Her work is all around the south east and London.

This is a guy who earns millions every year, far more than Joe Allen I would say. And at 31 he’s got maybe three more good years left, model pro. Would love to see him back tho.

Swansea’s problem will be a player looking at a contract with £8k or so a week on it and trying not to get too embarrassed when he bursts out laughing.

So true. That just brought me back down to earth

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:38 - May 8 with 2683 viewsjackrmee

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:22 - May 8 by RichardO

Why? do you think he would score an own goal or two.

Never really played in the position he was brought in for given part of the deal was to lump in our only left back so he had to play in a position he was no better in than what we gave away..

Never going to happen.

Who would sanction such a thing?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:37 - May 9 with 2470 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:38 - May 8 by jackrmee

Who would sanction such a thing?

Presumably someone who thought you could buy success on a limited budget instead of looking towards the future, young players need careful nurturing especially as they move up to higher levels they will make mistakes as they learn to play against players with better already learnt skills set.
We as fans are quick to judge criticising young players as they make mistakes but it would also appear that coaches who seem to make snap decisions and reluctant to give players a decent run of game before ditching them into the recycling bin.
Would Martin have persevered with Guehi after his mistakes, Cooper did, knowing the qualities he possessed from his England under 17 days.
The team really needs to build it self around our youth products to aid and learn from our better quality senior players.
Think Sheehan and Williams understand you can't buy success without funds and trusted some young player enough to bring them into the team.
Williams got it wrong for the Millwall game but he wanted to end the season on a winning high but it went pear shape he will have time to reflect why in the closed season.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:55 - May 9 with 2445 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:37 - May 9 by RichardO

Presumably someone who thought you could buy success on a limited budget instead of looking towards the future, young players need careful nurturing especially as they move up to higher levels they will make mistakes as they learn to play against players with better already learnt skills set.
We as fans are quick to judge criticising young players as they make mistakes but it would also appear that coaches who seem to make snap decisions and reluctant to give players a decent run of game before ditching them into the recycling bin.
Would Martin have persevered with Guehi after his mistakes, Cooper did, knowing the qualities he possessed from his England under 17 days.
The team really needs to build it self around our youth products to aid and learn from our better quality senior players.
Think Sheehan and Williams understand you can't buy success without funds and trusted some young player enough to bring them into the team.
Williams got it wrong for the Millwall game but he wanted to end the season on a winning high but it went pear shape he will have time to reflect why in the closed season.

Why play the loans against millwall when they were going back the next day and I won't dwell on the player on the bench who never gets on the pitch. Give a couple of the youngsters a go for the experience, if we had lost then we would have accepted he was playing youngsters. As it was the team selection was crap as was the effort from the players. Could it have been any worse.
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:07 - May 9 with 2419 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:55 - May 9 by Whiterockin

Why play the loans against millwall when they were going back the next day and I won't dwell on the player on the bench who never gets on the pitch. Give a couple of the youngsters a go for the experience, if we had lost then we would have accepted he was playing youngsters. As it was the team selection was crap as was the effort from the players. Could it have been any worse.

There is the human angle and the future relations with Chelsea to consider. They have been good to Swansea. There could have been notional agreed minimum number of games. Swansea players grafted but we're lacking in quality.

Ronald was a the match winner but Grimes was sloppy.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:02 - May 9 with 2298 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 12:07 - May 9 by ReslovenSwan1

There is the human angle and the future relations with Chelsea to consider. They have been good to Swansea. There could have been notional agreed minimum number of games. Swansea players grafted but we're lacking in quality.

Ronald was a the match winner but Grimes was sloppy.

Any chance of getting Humphreys back I quite liked him and with Woods seemingly on his way think we need someone given both Cabango and Darling have had injuries.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:22 - May 9 with 2217 viewsFlashberryjack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:02 - May 9 by RichardO

Any chance of getting Humphreys back I quite liked him and with Woods seemingly on his way think we need someone given both Cabango and Darling have had injuries.

There is definitely something about Humphreys, prone to the odd howler, but a good player IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 17:29 - May 9 with 2100 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:22 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

There is definitely something about Humphreys, prone to the odd howler, but a good player IMO.

How many different positions did he play in, add in different formations and different managers who asked different things of him, there were mistakes but we have seen many over the years not necessarily down to an individual player but some are. He came for a different experience he certainly got it.
Good footballer.
[Post edited 9 May 18:07]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:59 - May 9 with 2000 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t see him wanting to come back, he hardly played in the second part of the season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:20 - May 9 with 1979 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 18:59 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

Can’t see him wanting to come back, he hardly played in the second part of the season.

Three first team players ahead of him from the start of the season Wood got injured Humphreys got demoted on his return , as mentioned before u21s to come in anyway so don't expect him back either.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:49 - May 9 with 1934 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 19:20 - May 9 by RichardO

Three first team players ahead of him from the start of the season Wood got injured Humphreys got demoted on his return , as mentioned before u21s to come in anyway so don't expect him back either.

Lissah feature late in the season and is a good prospect. He should go on loan. Swansea's record on loans is poor. Swansea fiddle about with pre season before deciding. Cardiff in contrast have done much better with Isaak Davies Eli King and numerous others all heading out and not coming back for 12 months. Josh Thomas and Cotterill BBC oth returned early.
with a
George Byers is now a free agent. Press suggests he is highly rated . There was always a goal in George. Scored goals for Potter and in league 1

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday

Tom Heaton linked to Wrexham out of contract and 38 younger than Fabianski. Marg needs to find a permanent keeper.
[Post edited 9 May 20:04]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:23 - May 9 with 1897 viewsHoneyBadger

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:22 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

I always thought Humpreys was a great looking player and could never understand why his appearances started to dwindle. I have never seen him beaten for pace when defending and he also showed great attacking potential. Another talent lost to stodgy coaching in my opinion.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:41 - May 9 with 1854 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:23 - May 9 by HoneyBadger

I always thought Humpreys was a great looking player and could never understand why his appearances started to dwindle. I have never seen him beaten for pace when defending and he also showed great attacking potential. Another talent lost to stodgy coaching in my opinion.

With a Key, Dalling, Cabango, Tymon back four who would you leave out to put him in.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:56 - May 9 with 1808 viewsHoneyBadger

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:41 - May 9 by Whiterockin

With a Key, Dalling, Cabango, Tymon back four who would you leave out to put him in.

Reasonable players but not exactly Dixon, Bould, Winterburn,Adams.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:59 - May 9 with 1793 viewsHoneyBadger

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:56 - May 9 by HoneyBadger

Humphreys similar potential to Dixon. Good defensively and ability to break forward at pace
[Post edited 9 May 21:02]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:01 - May 9 with 1788 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:56 - May 9 by HoneyBadger

But they are all better than Humphries IMO and the reason he was not playing when they are fit.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:46 - May 10 with 1599 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:41 - May 9 by Whiterockin

We are not playing a back four as such when playing out from the back.
Key and Tymon both need cover in case of injuries wouldn't say Humphreys would be the one to do that anyway.not a full back as such.
As for Darling and Cabango they both have had injuries that have restricted their game time more than happy to have someone like Humphreys in the squad.
Think given the number of substitutions available. to come on as impact subs and I don't like using too many subs but if we are ahead and teams bring on big players to cause aerial threats more than happy bolster our options in the height department because we do look as if we can be bullied into dropping back at times.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:53 - May 10 with 1514 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:46 - May 10 by RichardO

We are not playing a back four as such when playing out from the back.
Key and Tymon both need cover in case of injuries wouldn't say Humphreys would be the one to do that anyway.not a full back as such.
As for Darling and Cabango they both have had injuries that have restricted their game time more than happy to have someone like Humphreys in the squad.
Think given the number of substitutions available. to come on as impact subs and I don't like using too many subs but if we are ahead and teams bring on big players to cause aerial threats more than happy bolster our options in the height department because we do look as if we can be bullied into dropping back at times.

My post was in response to a poster questioning why Humphries game time had dropped off. With the back four I mentioned when injury free IMO he would not start.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:10 - May 10 with 1478 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 08:53 - May 10 by Whiterockin

My post was in response to a poster questioning why Humphries game time had dropped off. With the back four I mentioned when injury free IMO he would not start.

I don't think he would either, I was thinking more about the number of injuries we had this season and the impact it had on us.
Also little disappointed with team set up given it didn't give our wingers space to work properly
[Post edited 10 May 9:14]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:04 - May 10 with 1423 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:10 - May 10 by RichardO

I don't think he would either, I was thinking more about the number of injuries we had this season and the impact it had on us.
Also little disappointed with team set up given it didn't give our wingers space to work properly
[Post edited 10 May 9:14]

I don't think a loan would be the answer to cover injuries. I would prefer it if we signed a youngster with potential to work with, if there is nobody in the u21s ready to step up. Pretty much what we did with Wood.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 11:34 - May 10 with 1317 viewsRichardO

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:04 - May 10 by Whiterockin

I don't think a loan would be the answer to cover injuries. I would prefer it if we signed a youngster with potential to work with, if there is nobody in the u21s ready to step up. Pretty much what we did with Wood.

I wouldn't want a loan either, I know it can be a hard step up to Championship level but I'd rather see our youngsters given a chance first, seeing our youngsters going out on loan as cover doesn't really do them good if they don't get game time, rather see them get a chance with us if they are good enough they will learn to play
Somewhere in my comments I alluded to signing Humphreys but that would have to be at a reasonable price but think he will be out of our reach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024