Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 23:07 - May 17 with 2048 viewsbuilthjack

It must be time for that useless lot to go now surely.
I just saw the latest polls, they are widening by the day.
47% Labour. 23% Tory.
Time to be a man and chuck the towel in Sunak.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

General Election on 11:19 - May 18 with 1054 viewsSullutaCreturned

You live in a different world. In their world they'll hold on as long as possible. I thought Sunak may have called a June election but now it's seems more like he'll only call it when he actually has to.

It doesn't matter what the polls say the tories will stagger across the finishing line is total disarray.
General Election on 13:14 - May 18 with 1032 viewsbuilthjack

General Election on 11:19 - May 18 by SullutaCreturned

You live in a different world. In their world they'll hold on as long as possible. I thought Sunak may have called a June election but now it's seems more like he'll only call it when he actually has to.

It doesn't matter what the polls say the tories will stagger across the finishing line is total disarray.

Every Tory newspaper will knock the shit out of Labour between now and the election.
The Tories have failed us very badly, ruined the country., but always blame others.
Starmer has had the blame for many things over the last few years, yet isn’t in office.
Pathetic they are. Absolutely pathetic.
[Post edited 18 May 13:28]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

General Election on 13:26 - May 18 with 1024 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 13:14 - May 18 by builthjack

Every Tory newspaper will knock the shit out of Labour between now and the election.
The Tories have failed us very badly, ruined the country., but always blame others.
Starmer has had the blame for many things over the last few years, yet isn’t in office.

I think I know how you might vote Ken.
I might well not vote at all.
I am that dissolutioned

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General Election on 13:48 - May 18 with 997 viewsBoundy

General Election on 13:26 - May 18 by onehunglow

I think I know how you might vote Ken.
I might well not vote at all.
I am that dissolutioned

I wouldn't get too excited .It seems out of the frying pan into the fire , I'm sure most will remember Labours last debacle of their last term in office.
In the one-line letter, Byrne told Laws, the then new chief secretary to the Treasury: “I’m afraid there is no money”, and signed off wishing him “good luck!

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

General Election on 14:13 - May 18 with 975 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 13:14 - May 18 by builthjack

Don't get me wrong the Conservatives will get hammered in the election and rightly so. But there are a couple of twists yet to come from Labour, Angela Rayner for a start.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 14:36 - May 18 with 951 viewsunion_jack

I can’t see any way the Tories are going to win the next election and more to the point, nor should they. A reset is needed as is always the case in politics. Pity the Welsh voters didn’t have more sense!

This comes from a traditional Conservative voter.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

General Election on 14:52 - May 18 with 942 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 13:48 - May 18 by Boundy

I wouldn't get too excited .It seems out of the frying pan into the fire , I'm sure most will remember Labours last debacle of their last term in office.
In the one-line letter, Byrne told Laws, the then new chief secretary to the Treasury: “I’m afraid there is no money”, and signed off wishing him “good luck!

The Byrne letter was meant as a private joke as was the Reginald Maudling note to James Callaghan back in 1964 …."Good luck, old cock ... Sorry to leave it in such a mess”, that said whatever Byrn’s intentions it was a stupid and naive act.

Under the Labour government between 1997 and 2010, we saw a consistent rise in the standard of living and we also saw significant investment in the NHS which saw satisfaction levels increase and achieve record levels, we were also spending 2.5% of GDP on our armed forces to give them the budget they needed, unlike what we’ve seen from our current government over the last 14 years. I suspect that if Labour hadn’t caught the financial crash in 2008, they may have had another 5 years in government.
I’m not a Labour supporter and have never voted for them in my life, but I’d like to think I’m objective and can see the wood from the trees, this current shower are the worst we’ve ever had.
General Election on 14:57 - May 18 with 938 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 14:52 - May 18 by majorraglan

The Byrne letter was meant as a private joke as was the Reginald Maudling note to James Callaghan back in 1964 …."Good luck, old cock ... Sorry to leave it in such a mess”, that said whatever Byrn’s intentions it was a stupid and naive act.

Under the Labour government between 1997 and 2010, we saw a consistent rise in the standard of living and we also saw significant investment in the NHS which saw satisfaction levels increase and achieve record levels, we were also spending 2.5% of GDP on our armed forces to give them the budget they needed, unlike what we’ve seen from our current government over the last 14 years. I suspect that if Labour hadn’t caught the financial crash in 2008, they may have had another 5 years in government.
I’m not a Labour supporter and have never voted for them in my life, but I’d like to think I’m objective and can see the wood from the trees, this current shower are the worst we’ve ever had.

Writing that letter was daft and he’s said how much he regrets it.

Doesn’t take away the fact that finances and services are in a far worse state now than they were then, whether a note is left or not.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 15:02 - May 18 with 933 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 14:36 - May 18 by union_jack

I can’t see any way the Tories are going to win the next election and more to the point, nor should they. A reset is needed as is always the case in politics. Pity the Welsh voters didn’t have more sense!

This comes from a traditional Conservative voter.

I’d say your feelings are pretty much mirrored by the electorate UK.

Labour have moved to the centre and their policy direction matches what would be traditionally Tory.

Meanwhile the Tory party are left trying to keep the UKIP lot that they hoovered up through brexit happy and wooing back Reform losses.
General Election on 15:03 - May 18 with 930 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

If they run the uk anywhere near as badly as they run Wales we can all look out.

I agree that the tories need to be booted out on their arses asap but the Labour Party in its current state is creating a powerful sense of dread.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

General Election on 15:18 - May 18 with 919 viewsmajorraglan

General Election on 14:57 - May 18 by Gwyn737

Writing that letter was daft and he’s said how much he regrets it.

Doesn’t take away the fact that finances and services are in a far worse state now than they were then, whether a note is left or not.

Moronic is the word I’d use. It may well have been a private joke, but I think it shows a clear lack of judgement and stupidity on Byrne’s part and I don’t think he should be near high office again.

In terms of the finances you’re spot on, debt levels are much higher now than they ever were under the Blair/Brown government, in fact the debt levels only surged under Brown after the 2008 fiscal crash when he used the money to keep the banks open, under the subsequent Conservative governments debt levels increased.

I’ve no problem with having increased debt if it stays at a serviceable level and the money is used to deliver sustainable long term benefits, but can we honestly say the U.K. is in better shape now as a result of this increased debt. I know the pandemic caused a massive increase in debt, but it’s been on an upward trajectory since 2010.
General Election on 15:54 - May 18 with 884 viewsSullutaCreturned

While I totally agree with your last line you must remember that Blair's Labour were spending a lot more than we had, they ran up massive debt and ran up the defiit too which was the start of the road we are still on today, record debt and deficit started with Blair.

Plus him and Brown ransacked pension funds and actually bankrupted the Royal Mail fund which had to be rescued by Cameron's government.

This is why I won't vote Labour or Tory, they are both culpable for the state this country is in. Right now labour look very much the lesser of two evils but it still doesn't make them a great choice.
General Election on 16:26 - May 18 with 868 viewsFlashberryjack

General Election on 15:03 - May 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If they run the uk anywhere near as badly as they run Wales we can all look out.

I agree that the tories need to be booted out on their arses asap but the Labour Party in its current state is creating a powerful sense of dread.

People need to be careful what they wish for, Starmer, Rayner, David Lammy, Miliband (Mr net zero) plus I'm sure they could find a job for the incomparable Diane Abbot.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

General Election on 16:30 - May 18 with 861 viewsSullutaCreturned

General Election on 16:26 - May 18 by Flashberryjack

People need to be careful what they wish for, Starmer, Rayner, David Lammy, Miliband (Mr net zero) plus I'm sure they could find a job for the incomparable Diane Abbot.

it's not so much wishing for that lot it's just desperation to be rid of the tories. As I said, Labour are the lesser of two evils which isn't a great choice.
General Election on 23:26 - May 18 with 742 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 16:30 - May 18 by SullutaCreturned

it's not so much wishing for that lot it's just desperation to be rid of the tories. As I said, Labour are the lesser of two evils which isn't a great choice.

Absolutely mate. And we’ll see what comes.

Before long Felixtone Jack will be on here pretending austerity wasn’t a thing and all public sector workers are lazy any that’s the problem.

Luckily the majority know that that’s what thick people think and we can do better than that that.
General Election on 00:52 - May 19 with 715 viewsDJack

Fck me you cant hide your biases can't you. The labour party in Wales, no matter how awful, aren't a patch on how awful the last 14 years of conservative rule has been and any other view is deluded.

For a witty and cogent poster you are in a siloh of delusion and one eyedness... and yes the Labour party in Wales aren't great.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

General Election on 09:01 - May 19 with 637 viewsDr_Winston

Labour's "investment" in the NHS largely consisted of PFI spending so eye wateringly expensive our grandkids will probably still be paying for it. It was the political equivalent of bragging about how nice your furniture is when you bought it all from Brighthouse.

No question the current shower are basically like Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes at the minute. They need to be gone. I don't have much faith in Starmer and Co to step up and do a vastly better job however.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

General Election on 09:20 - May 19 with 637 viewsbuilthjack

14 years of driving the country into the ground.
That’s the CONSERVATIVES. Accept it.

General Election on 09:40 - May 19 with 607 viewsWingstandwood

When Thatcher first got elected and when Blair did also, there was a buzz of jubilation, celebration and an upbeat mood from many, and whoever wins (indeed looks a Labour cert) this time around? "Dawn of a new era" stuff it will NOT be.

It'll be some anti-climax with a mood as flat as a pancake this time around imo. I detect an apathetic "oh whatever" atmosphere leading up to this one that I’ve never seen before.

Argus!

General Election on 10:01 - May 19 with 597 viewsGwyn737

General Election on 16:30 - May 18 by SullutaCreturned

Absolutely mate. And we’ll see what comes.

Before long Felixtone Jack will be on here pretending austerity wasn’t a thing and all public sector workers are lazy any that’s the problem.

Luckily the majority know that that’s what thick people think and we can do better than that that.
General Election on 12:02 - May 19 with 542 viewsBarrySwan

In regards to the prospect that either the Conservatives or Labour will be left to wreak their own special kind of hopelessness, incompetence and despair after the next election.

The most accurate saying in politics springs to mind :-

'Unfortunately whoever you vote for the government always gets in'
General Election on 12:06 - May 19 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Spot on.
Labour activists simp,y want to see them gain office
Sunak calling election now wouod be as dumb as the excreable Teresa Mays faux pas

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General Election on 12:21 - May 19 with 529 viewsSullutaCreturned

General Election on 09:20 - May 19 by builthjack

14 years of driving the country into the ground.
That’s the CONSERVATIVES. Accept it.

Accept it? most on here have been singing from that songsheet for ages, exccept for a couple (including Felix obviously) but most of us think the tories are utter gash.

That's not the problem, well to myself anyway. The problem for me is that some people seem to think Labour will rescue us when all I see coming is a different set of roblems caused by a different ideology.

Lets face it builthy, when people criticise Welsh Labour you always pop up with threads about the tories, your the other side of the coin that Felix is on and if anyone doesn't see that Welsh labour have been running Wales into the ground for the last 25 years then they are as blind as felix.

UK politics, world politics, it's all fecked up.
General Election on 13:15 - May 19 with 504 viewsmax936

General Election on 15:18 - May 18 by majorraglan

Moronic is the word I’d use. It may well have been a private joke, but I think it shows a clear lack of judgement and stupidity on Byrne’s part and I don’t think he should be near high office again.

In terms of the finances you’re spot on, debt levels are much higher now than they ever were under the Blair/Brown government, in fact the debt levels only surged under Brown after the 2008 fiscal crash when he used the money to keep the banks open, under the subsequent Conservative governments debt levels increased.

I’ve no problem with having increased debt if it stays at a serviceable level and the money is used to deliver sustainable long term benefits, but can we honestly say the U.K. is in better shape now as a result of this increased debt. I know the pandemic caused a massive increase in debt, but it’s been on an upward trajectory since 2010.

Massive increase in debt didn't stop their butties and hangers on making further fortunes, throughout this corrupt governments tenure, corruption, lies, fraud you name it and they are culpable for it all.
[Post edited 19 May 14:41]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

General Election on 13:23 - May 19 with 494 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

General Election on 00:52 - May 19 by DJack

Fck me you cant hide your biases can't you. The labour party in Wales, no matter how awful, aren't a patch on how awful the last 14 years of conservative rule has been and any other view is deluded.

For a witty and cogent poster you are in a siloh of delusion and one eyedness... and yes the Labour party in Wales aren't great.

I have made nearly three thousand posts on this website. I challenge you to find just one that even suggests I have even the slightest affection or bias towards the Conservative Party. Please try.

Even this week I believe I referred to them as cheating, conniving degenerate perverts or something to that effect. I’m not sure how much clearer I can be? 🤷‍♂️

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024