Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR 18:08 - Feb 5 with 4387 viewsMagic_Michu

I bloody hate QPR... and Saturday will be the sweetest victory of the season for me.

That is all.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

QPR on 09:43 - Feb 7 with 800 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR on 09:33 - Feb 7 by Magic_Michu

How do you think you'll survive when financial fair play comes in?

The wages your paying so many of your players is absolutely ridiculous for a club with a stadium under 20,000.

It just seems from our perspective to be crazy for a club of your size to be spunking £50k - £110k a week on players.

Agree we are paying stupid wages (although our top earner is on around £70K not £110K) and it's not sustainable - but not sure why other fans and press keep banging on about our stadium size?

Ticket money is such a small part of most prem clubs income stream (excepting Man Utd et al) it's pointless linking those facts.

I doubt even a well run clubs like Swansea's wage bill is covered by your ticket sales over the season...
QPR on 10:42 - Feb 7 with 773 viewsheadcleaner

I don't think people hate QPR fans its probably down to a few factors.
Being bought by wealthy owners is no guarantee to success just ask forest, Leeds, Pompey, Cardiff etcetera etcetera.

Historically we've done poorly against the hoops.

Neil warlock wasn't/isn't the easiest manager to warm to.

Smugness and arrogance when we've visited loftus rd doesn't help either.

As for Fernandez being a 'fan'. come on is he really? Since when?

The tv doc about the previous regime was nuts and not in a good or amusing way.

Arry and his "I love the media" cheeky cockernee chappy contradictions.

Ffp will absolutely ruin qpr and force them to act sensibly maybe then we'll see how much of a 'fan' Fernandez is.

Personally I'd chuckle if the Rrrs went down for a mixture of all the above but other than twice a season I can't say I really think about them a great deal.

Lets hope it's a home win tomorrow and one less team to worry about as relegation will be all the more likely
QPR on 10:54 - Feb 7 with 771 viewsJuzzie

QPR on 06:46 - Feb 7 by orion3016

Do you fear you will be the next Portsmouth?

Not really.

Portsmouth owed £18m+ to HMRC, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to Barclays Bank, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to ex-owners, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to hundreds of businesses, we don't

People say "doing a Portsmouth" far too easliy and it's quite a lazy analogy really as the situation between us and Portsmouth are completely different.

In fact, we're probably more akin to our neighbours Fulham and Chelsea in that all the debts are in-house.
Al Fayed has written off hundreds of millions of pounds. About 8 years ago or so, Fulham spent in excess of £40m in one transfer window alone. I don't recall people criticising them in the same way we're getting.

Chelsea too spend so much money, it's almost become accepted.

So no, I don't fear us doing a Portsmouth. The club have reiterated on numerous occasions the finances are OK and not anywhere near the wild speculation the media are creating.

Also, people go on about the supposed salaries we're paying. Remember, no one knows for sure but happy to believe what they read, moreso if it gives them an oppotunity to take the pi$$ out of us.

Most of the high earners (Barton, SWP, Boswingwa, Johnson, Cesar etc) were all free transfers, a lot of the players we did pay a transfer fee on are not on as much as the others. Probably only Remy and Samba are both a high transfer & high salary, that's two players.

Souhampton spent £13m on Ramirez , still more than we have paid up until Samba, yet no one criticised them. His COMBINED transfer fee and salary will be more than Barton's salary alone.
Newcaastle spent loads, much more than us, in the transfer window just gone.

As I said earlier, we're the fashionable club to hate at the moment so it's easy for people to ignore what other clubs are doing.

But as other QPR fans have said, we as fans have no choice in the matter. The owners can, and do, do what they like. Did any of you see The 4 Year Plan? Briatore showed his utter contempt for the fans. The early part of the film was even edited to make the fans look stupid.
Briatore said in the film that the 4 Year Plan was to get the club into the Premier League. Then not long later fans were demonstrating outside the ground singing "4 Year Plan, you're having a laugh". Knowing the club did get promoted, it made those fans look stupid. However, the 4 year plan was actually to get us into the Champions League, Briatore said so himself over the PA before his first home game in charge. We all knew that was just not possible and frankly quite laughable but it was changed to suit him.

This is what fans have to put up with.

Thankfully the current owners are much better but I still feel they want to turn QPR into a global brand and we all know this is not what QPR is about.

QPR on 11:13 - Feb 7 with 764 viewsMagic_Michu

QPR on 10:54 - Feb 7 by Juzzie

Not really.

Portsmouth owed £18m+ to HMRC, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to Barclays Bank, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to ex-owners, we don't
Portsmouth owed £millions to hundreds of businesses, we don't

People say "doing a Portsmouth" far too easliy and it's quite a lazy analogy really as the situation between us and Portsmouth are completely different.

In fact, we're probably more akin to our neighbours Fulham and Chelsea in that all the debts are in-house.
Al Fayed has written off hundreds of millions of pounds. About 8 years ago or so, Fulham spent in excess of £40m in one transfer window alone. I don't recall people criticising them in the same way we're getting.

Chelsea too spend so much money, it's almost become accepted.

So no, I don't fear us doing a Portsmouth. The club have reiterated on numerous occasions the finances are OK and not anywhere near the wild speculation the media are creating.

Also, people go on about the supposed salaries we're paying. Remember, no one knows for sure but happy to believe what they read, moreso if it gives them an oppotunity to take the pi$$ out of us.

Most of the high earners (Barton, SWP, Boswingwa, Johnson, Cesar etc) were all free transfers, a lot of the players we did pay a transfer fee on are not on as much as the others. Probably only Remy and Samba are both a high transfer & high salary, that's two players.

Souhampton spent £13m on Ramirez , still more than we have paid up until Samba, yet no one criticised them. His COMBINED transfer fee and salary will be more than Barton's salary alone.
Newcaastle spent loads, much more than us, in the transfer window just gone.

As I said earlier, we're the fashionable club to hate at the moment so it's easy for people to ignore what other clubs are doing.

But as other QPR fans have said, we as fans have no choice in the matter. The owners can, and do, do what they like. Did any of you see The 4 Year Plan? Briatore showed his utter contempt for the fans. The early part of the film was even edited to make the fans look stupid.
Briatore said in the film that the 4 Year Plan was to get the club into the Premier League. Then not long later fans were demonstrating outside the ground singing "4 Year Plan, you're having a laugh". Knowing the club did get promoted, it made those fans look stupid. However, the 4 year plan was actually to get us into the Champions League, Briatore said so himself over the PA before his first home game in charge. We all knew that was just not possible and frankly quite laughable but it was changed to suit him.

This is what fans have to put up with.

Thankfully the current owners are much better but I still feel they want to turn QPR into a global brand and we all know this is not what QPR is about.

I resent the fact that when you came up and spent stupid money on Barton, Traore, Cisse, Zamora, Wright Phillips, Ferdinand, Dyer, Gabbidon amongst others... all on a big packet I guess (compared to our players)... your then manager, Warnock, was still going on every week how he needed more players.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

QPR on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 754 viewsSA1_Jack

A win for Swansea I think, though not as comfortable as last time.
QPR on 12:06 - Feb 7 with 745 viewsJuzzie

QPR on 11:13 - Feb 7 by Magic_Michu

I resent the fact that when you came up and spent stupid money on Barton, Traore, Cisse, Zamora, Wright Phillips, Ferdinand, Dyer, Gabbidon amongst others... all on a big packet I guess (compared to our players)... your then manager, Warnock, was still going on every week how he needed more players.

This is the nail-on the head... lots of resentment (i.e. envy) about how much we spent, irrespective of whether it was a success or failure. People don't like it when clubs spend big money. I must admit I don't really either but it's how football runs these days.

We did need more players though because the players we got were s**t! NB: Cisse was brought by Hughes after Warnock left.

The others you mentioned were all knee-jerk bottom of the barrel signings. I'd even forgotten about Gabbiadon lol!

Our troubles really started the summer after we got promoted. Briatore refused to sanction any meaningful signings, we were after Graham & Routledge who both ended up with you guys, because he wanted the finances to look as healthy as possible in preperation of selling the Club.

So, in came free transfers like Gabbiadon, Bothroyd and injury prone Dyer, Zamora and Johnson (great move there!). When he sold the Club to Fernandes, there was only something like 10 days of the window to go so all Warnock had left was the likes of Barton and SWP who no one else wanted. These players should still have been of the calibre to produce the goods but they simply didn't.

We suffered, Warnock got the sack and in came Hughes and a shed load of signings to get us out of the mire. Despite that, we still performed poorly and stayed up by the skin of our teeth.
Hughes made his famous "we won't be in this position again while I'm in charge" speech after the Man City game. Oh dear....

Lessons not learnt about buying mercenary players and Fernandes falling for Hughes' cheque book 'name' player style of player purchase. Though I do think Park was a Club decision, not Hughes'.

Every player signed had them saying they they wanted to be part of the 'project' and were 'excited' about the direction the club was going in. Made me a bit nauseous tbh.
Way too many midfielders bought when we were crying out for a couple of good centre-backs. Nelsen was only meant to be for cover but ended up being our best player in defence!

QPR on 13:02 - Feb 7 with 733 viewsscottishjack

Aside from all the other things I don't like about QPR, took my lad to his first away game at Loftus Road a few years back and had a whale of a time dodging bottles and abuse on the way back to the bus after the match.

Scumbags of the highest order, and just for that little section of heroes that sit outside the "Springbok" pub thinking that it's a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, the sooner QPR go "pop" the better.
QPR on 13:08 - Feb 7 with 732 viewsJuzzie

Ah right, so the actions of a few mindless idiots represents all fans? Idiots in groups outside pubs absuing the opposition fans.... Of course, that never happens at any other club in the country does it.... only at QPR huh?

I too over the years have had such incidents when visiting other grounds but don't tar all fans of that club as the same.

edit: example.... coming out of the Millenium Stadium after losing the 2003 Division 2 play off Final to Cardiff... QPR fans were getting serious abuse down Queen Street as people were coming out of the pubs to have a go at us. A few fights started too, Police nowhere to be seen. God knows what would have happened had we won.

On the way out of town, again, people lining up to hurl abuse at us. "F**k off back to England you cts". One old bloke encouraging his grandchildren to abuse us. Charming.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR on 13:21 - Feb 7 with 715 viewsscottishjack

QPR on 13:08 - Feb 7 by Juzzie

Ah right, so the actions of a few mindless idiots represents all fans? Idiots in groups outside pubs absuing the opposition fans.... Of course, that never happens at any other club in the country does it.... only at QPR huh?

I too over the years have had such incidents when visiting other grounds but don't tar all fans of that club as the same.

edit: example.... coming out of the Millenium Stadium after losing the 2003 Division 2 play off Final to Cardiff... QPR fans were getting serious abuse down Queen Street as people were coming out of the pubs to have a go at us. A few fights started too, Police nowhere to be seen. God knows what would have happened had we won.

On the way out of town, again, people lining up to hurl abuse at us. "F**k off back to England you cts". One old bloke encouraging his grandchildren to abuse us. Charming.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

As I said, "that little section of heroes", of course you can't tar everyone with the same brush, but I've been up and down the country following the Swans, and they're the only ones I've come across who think it's a good idea to throw bottles at kids.
QPR on 13:25 - Feb 7 with 713 viewsSA1_Jack

Randomly, the only QPR fans I've ever really met was I went to Blackpool on a stag weekend 10 years ago, and happened to be staying in the same B&B as a group of QPR fans on an away trip. They all thought we were Cardiff fans (being Welsh) and the atmosphere was deadly, it was starting to kick off but when they realised we were from Swansea it instantly changed as they hated Cardiff fans almost as much as we did. Got on well then.
QPR on 14:19 - Feb 7 with 693 viewsfbreath

2-0, Itay to score a wonder goal and Ki to score off his head

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

QPR on 00:17 - Feb 8 with 665 viewslibertyjack22

QPR on 16:46 - Feb 6 by Shoeless_Joe

QPR everything that is wrong with modern day football. Hope we stuff them 6-0, but think it will be a goalless draw.

This

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024