Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff's Stadium Extension 15:11 - Aug 16 with 9406 viewswhitewhite

Surely they are getting a bit ahead of themselves?

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/stadium-phase-one-development-994444
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:14 - Aug 16 with 8209 viewscheeryjack

10p a day ? Such is inflation.

Nice new home

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:21 - Aug 16 with 8177 viewssketty_jack

There's never a right or wrong time to expand imo. Any team outside the top6/7 could get relegated in any given season so make hay while the sun shines i say. Just hope that if/when Laudrup leaves at seasons end, the board doesnt start saying 'We'll just see if we can survive a season without him before we start expanding'.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:24 - Aug 16 with 8171 viewsDyfnant

Sell a piece of land with granted planning permission on it and it always sells for more.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:37 - Aug 16 with 8126 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:21 - Aug 16 by sketty_jack

There's never a right or wrong time to expand imo. Any team outside the top6/7 could get relegated in any given season so make hay while the sun shines i say. Just hope that if/when Laudrup leaves at seasons end, the board doesnt start saying 'We'll just see if we can survive a season without him before we start expanding'.

I don't think any of us were agitating for a stadium expansion our first season in the PL. Our first thought was to use any money we had in strengthening the squad, hopefully to enable us to stay up.

So that would have been the wrong time to expand in my opinion. But, when we are sure of staying up this year we should just get on with it. The demand has been shown to definitely be there.

And when we do it we'll be spending our OWN money.

John
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:38 - Aug 16 with 8125 viewsAl_Bundy

We will never expand. Chipping away at minor adjustments to the stadium will all we will commit to.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 16:12 - Aug 16 with 8040 viewsOldjack

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 15:38 - Aug 16 by Al_Bundy

We will never expand. Chipping away at minor adjustments to the stadium will all we will commit to.

we will take the chance and expand in the very near future ,it's a must ,booked-marked for next season i believe with he plans already in-place

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 16:51 - Aug 16 with 7949 viewsdeanscfc

I'd rather we had a smaller stadium that is full than be in the championship with a third of the seats spare. Our board are going about it the correct way (doing it in phases). Another 4000 seats at the end of the season and then take it from there.

Cardiff's situation and approach to business is completely different and i wouldn't want to be them. It's all one big gamble. Whereas our money comes from shrewd business, there's come from a sugardaddy. At any time their owner can pull the plug and they will be screwed. e.g. if their team don't deliver after he has spent nearly £35m then things will go horribly wrong very quickly. We'll be careful when it comes to spending on a stadium expansion because the costs are quite high.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 17:09 - Aug 16 with 7913 viewstomdickharry

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 16:51 - Aug 16 by deanscfc

I'd rather we had a smaller stadium that is full than be in the championship with a third of the seats spare. Our board are going about it the correct way (doing it in phases). Another 4000 seats at the end of the season and then take it from there.

Cardiff's situation and approach to business is completely different and i wouldn't want to be them. It's all one big gamble. Whereas our money comes from shrewd business, there's come from a sugardaddy. At any time their owner can pull the plug and they will be screwed. e.g. if their team don't deliver after he has spent nearly £35m then things will go horribly wrong very quickly. We'll be careful when it comes to spending on a stadium expansion because the costs are quite high.

Tan is one of the shrewdest businessmen in Malaysia,don't take him for a fool who will pull the plug,he won't without turning a profit.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 17:18 - Aug 16 with 7881 viewsJulian

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 17:09 - Aug 16 by tomdickharry

Tan is one of the shrewdest businessmen in Malaysia,don't take him for a fool who will pull the plug,he won't without turning a profit.

"A fool and his money are easily parted". Tan is a Billionaire and, therefore, no fool. Do you really think he'll just walk away from an investment of £70+ million? Only the most blinkered of you truly believe that; the rest of you will have to wait and see just how far he can take us.....
I'm along for the ride anyway - weeeeeeeeee.
Good luck against the Mancs tomorrow :-)
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 18:10 - Aug 16 with 7773 viewsdeanscfc

Tan has already threatened to walk away if people didn't support the rebrand. It doesnt sound very stable to me. And with the sky money and the fact that he wont havr bought the club for much i doubt he would actually lose too much money if he did walk away.

Either way, im glad its not the way we do things.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 7726 viewswr72

He's just another member of the billionaire's club who's fads include buying football clubs.I doubt very much he's in it for the money,he's already at a loss the day he bought their club and how many clubs are long term profitable in the PL or anywhere for that matter? They'd need to be seriously successful to show a profit.

I think he's more interested in seeing his beloved Malaysia seen all around the world than making money from them.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:02 - Aug 16 with 7667 viewsJulian

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 18:33 - Aug 16 by wr72

He's just another member of the billionaire's club who's fads include buying football clubs.I doubt very much he's in it for the money,he's already at a loss the day he bought their club and how many clubs are long term profitable in the PL or anywhere for that matter? They'd need to be seriously successful to show a profit.

I think he's more interested in seeing his beloved Malaysia seen all around the world than making money from them.

Tan is no Abramovich mate; no innate interest in football, not the same level of disposable assets and he's already parted with close to half of his personal wealth via donations to charity.
Of course he's "in it" to promote Malaysia but also he's there to raise his own profile and the businesses he owns which includes Cardiff City. Do you honestly think that if he doesn't get his own way (ie. every fan buying into the rebrand, relegation etc.) that he'd just say, "Oh well, never mind, I'll just put losing £xxx millions down to experience and move on to my next crazy project"??
He's here to make money and the only way he can now achieve that is via success on the pitch. I'm not naive enough to think that the money we're spending guarantees anything but it certainly helps.
You do what you do we'll but there's no guarantee that will continue to be successful either. We'll see eh?
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:34 - Aug 16 with 7600 viewsTheFranchise

It's a carrot being dangled in front of their noses while he plans to fcuk them from behind with the name change.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:42 - Aug 16 with 7584 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:34 - Aug 16 by TheFranchise

It's a carrot being dangled in front of their noses while he plans to fcuk them from behind with the name change.

No mun, he'd never do something like that. He luvs Cardiff now. He drinks daaark.

And Julian, of course he won't walk away with nothing, he'll walk away with everything.

Just speculation of course, but from now on (unless he can sell to a gullible numpty and gain after the eastern-friendly name change) he will milk every penny out of you and retain a high coupon debt (secured against your assets), whilst covering his interest and paying off Sam's quid pro quo for dropping the Langston claim. With a name like Julian, you surely understand his game. cash and carry mun; cash and carry.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 7578 viewsGowerjack

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 16:12 - Aug 16 by Oldjack

we will take the chance and expand in the very near future ,it's a must ,booked-marked for next season i believe with he plans already in-place

The planning application has stalled.

There are issues with the traffic and transport aspects of the application which have not been passed.

It is possible that the application will never be passed.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:50 - Aug 16 with 7546 viewsDr_Winston

It's an out of town stadium with a dual carriageway right next door. They'll work out transport arrangements even if they have to build their own multi-storey car park to go with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:52 - Aug 16 with 7534 viewsDarran

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:44 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

The planning application has stalled.

There are issues with the traffic and transport aspects of the application which have not been passed.

It is possible that the application will never be passed.

You mean Oldjack is wrong?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 7510 viewsNeathJack

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:50 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

It's an out of town stadium with a dual carriageway right next door. They'll work out transport arrangements even if they have to build their own multi-storey car park to go with it.

And with a main railway line running right next to it.

It's absolutely ludicrous that there isn't a platform in Landore to service the stadium on matchdays.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:10 - Aug 16 with 7485 viewsmonmouth

It's one hell of a bottleneck already from the cwm level side and the pedestrian access is shambolic so it would need some real thinking. Also there will be european emissions targets that have to be met. It's not a simple solution, unless as you say, rail, P&R and traffic embargos are enforced.

Personally, I expected trying to thrash out financial details with the council to also be tricky. Wouldn't SCFC build and own the risks and rewards of a bit of a rented property, fully supported by the infrastructure of that rented property, owned by a cash strapped council, who in their eyes would be looking to negotiate a much steeper rent with a PL cash cow? Huw, of course, would want a reduction/freeze in rent no doubt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:13 - Aug 16 with 7472 viewsJulian

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 19:42 - Aug 16 by monmouth

No mun, he'd never do something like that. He luvs Cardiff now. He drinks daaark.

And Julian, of course he won't walk away with nothing, he'll walk away with everything.

Just speculation of course, but from now on (unless he can sell to a gullible numpty and gain after the eastern-friendly name change) he will milk every penny out of you and retain a high coupon debt (secured against your assets), whilst covering his interest and paying off Sam's quid pro quo for dropping the Langston claim. With a name like Julian, you surely understand his game. cash and carry mun; cash and carry.

Very prophetic mate! Like I said, we'll see and I'll just hang on for the ride!
In all honesty, would I rather we had risen from the ashes to where you are now by being managed in a coherent, prudent and self-righteous manner? Or would I rather have been on this mad-cap, roller-coaster ride that I've been on for the last 12 years? I'm not sure to be honest and where will we both end up in 12 years time? I don't know, I don't share your gift of foresight I'm afraid.
With a name like Julian? Please explain....
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:13 - Aug 16 with 7471 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:10 - Aug 16 by monmouth

It's one hell of a bottleneck already from the cwm level side and the pedestrian access is shambolic so it would need some real thinking. Also there will be european emissions targets that have to be met. It's not a simple solution, unless as you say, rail, P&R and traffic embargos are enforced.

Personally, I expected trying to thrash out financial details with the council to also be tricky. Wouldn't SCFC build and own the risks and rewards of a bit of a rented property, fully supported by the infrastructure of that rented property, owned by a cash strapped council, who in their eyes would be looking to negotiate a much steeper rent with a PL cash cow? Huw, of course, would want a reduction/freeze in rent no doubt.

Subways underneath the dual carriageway so pedestrian crossings/road closure aren't required would be a start. Some sort of integrated public transport plan with buses waiting on Station Road to take people away straight after games might be an idea too.

Plus a multi-storey car park.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:26 - Aug 16 with 7424 viewsEuroJacks

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:13 - Aug 16 by Julian

Very prophetic mate! Like I said, we'll see and I'll just hang on for the ride!
In all honesty, would I rather we had risen from the ashes to where you are now by being managed in a coherent, prudent and self-righteous manner? Or would I rather have been on this mad-cap, roller-coaster ride that I've been on for the last 12 years? I'm not sure to be honest and where will we both end up in 12 years time? I don't know, I don't share your gift of foresight I'm afraid.
With a name like Julian? Please explain....

I think he means Julians cash and carry.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 7388 viewsmax936

It is Swansea mind, allowances have to be made, Swansea Council have long been a joke nothing will ever change.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:49 - Aug 16 with 7375 viewsEuroJacks

Pretty sure club are hoping to start around easter time.
Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 22:34 - Aug 16 with 7242 viewsJulian

Cardiff's Stadium Extension on 20:26 - Aug 16 by EuroJacks

I think he means Julians cash and carry.

Cheers, that's something I've learned today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024