Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Site stats so far for August 18:02 - Aug 18 with 1978 viewsDarran

10,000 posts - 2 million page views.

We're struggling.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Site stats so far for August on 18:05 - Aug 18 with 1962 viewsSimonSwansea

All good :)

Although page views is vanity, unique visitors is sanity
Site stats so far for August on 19:12 - Aug 18 with 1906 viewsJackInLondon

Pretty impressive for what's a fairly niche site in the scheme of things.

Do you mind me asking if there's any standout source of traffic given that the social media followings aren't especially high?
Site stats so far for August on 19:30 - Aug 18 with 1883 viewsPhil_S

Site stats so far for August on 19:12 - Aug 18 by JackInLondon

Pretty impressive for what's a fairly niche site in the scheme of things.

Do you mind me asking if there's any standout source of traffic given that the social media followings aren't especially high?

I don't think there is no. The site has around 7700 followers on Twitter and around 6200 on Facebook so that will account for some of it and of course there is the Newsnow feeds.

I dont get Unique stats on here its just a total of page views but in its old home it used to get somewhere between 15000 and 20000 unique visitors a day from all around the world. I just think that in its old and new guises (jackarmy.net previously) that visiting here for so many is a habit which creates a massive amount of page views.
Site stats so far for August on 19:36 - Aug 18 with 1871 viewsSimonSwansea

Site stats so far for August on 19:30 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

I don't think there is no. The site has around 7700 followers on Twitter and around 6200 on Facebook so that will account for some of it and of course there is the Newsnow feeds.

I dont get Unique stats on here its just a total of page views but in its old home it used to get somewhere between 15000 and 20000 unique visitors a day from all around the world. I just think that in its old and new guises (jackarmy.net previously) that visiting here for so many is a habit which creates a massive amount of page views.

Still really good :) wasn't a critism by the way, just the way I've looked at it as a developer lol.
Site stats so far for August on 19:37 - Aug 18 with 1865 viewsDarran

Keep up the good work Phil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Site stats so far for August on 20:13 - Aug 18 with 1828 viewsJackInLondon

Thanks, just curious that's all. Those are pretty impressive uniques btw. Saying that, I use this site in a different way to most others I use. I tend to come directly here, as I know this will usually have some kind of news on a daily basis, pretty much never arriving here from an external link.

Any idea how NewsNow performs? It's something I've made a site application for in my work. Not for a football site though.
Site stats so far for August on 20:17 - Aug 18 with 1811 viewsSimonSwansea

Site stats so far for August on 20:13 - Aug 18 by JackInLondon

Thanks, just curious that's all. Those are pretty impressive uniques btw. Saying that, I use this site in a different way to most others I use. I tend to come directly here, as I know this will usually have some kind of news on a daily basis, pretty much never arriving here from an external link.

Any idea how NewsNow performs? It's something I've made a site application for in my work. Not for a football site though.

Newsnow probably have a crawler that goes over a database of sites looking for specific keywords for each team (category). Like how google robots work
Site stats so far for August on 20:39 - Aug 18 with 1788 viewsPhil_S

Site stats so far for August on 20:17 - Aug 18 by SimonSwansea

Newsnow probably have a crawler that goes over a database of sites looking for specific keywords for each team (category). Like how google robots work

To get on newsnow we had to show that the site produced unique stories and give them our RSS feed. They've become quite hard to accept feeds as they've grown
Login to get fewer ads

Site stats so far for August on 23:44 - Aug 18 with 1740 viewsJackInLondon

Site stats so far for August on 20:39 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

To get on newsnow we had to show that the site produced unique stories and give them our RSS feed. They've become quite hard to accept feeds as they've grown

Thanks. Yes, think I'll be ok getting on there and have created a feed to their specs to filter out commercial content. Annoying that they have 90-100 day backlog for processing new applications. Just have no idea what they're like in terms of supplying traffic to sites and if it's great thing to get on there or if it makes little difference.

Sorry, when I meant how it performs I meant from a traffic perspective rather than the mechanics of how they get content onto their site.
Site stats so far for August on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 1652 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Not bad (well for as site which is twice as awkward to use as it's old one was).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024