Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Bony 14:15 - Aug 19 with 23376 viewsJamesJack

So, we've seen him a few times in a Swans shirt. Wanted to know what everyone thinks about our new No.10 so far?

For me, he seems a good buy (though it's impossible to make accurate judgements after only a few games). He gets himself into good positions, holds the ball up well and long enough that others have time to get into the box or into a good position for a pass, his passing is good and his finishing so far seems to be spot on. Scored 3 in 3 for us now. (would've been 4 if he hadn't been incorrectly flagged offside against Malmo in the 2nd leg). My only problem with him is he's a little sluggish. Seems to have the acceleration of an aircraft carrier. His movement seems quite slow, but apart from that, I've not found much to really be concerned about.

What are your thoughts on him?
Thoughts on Bony on 14:19 - Aug 19 with 12387 viewsTheClash

too soon to judge but 30 plus goal in the dutch league and he gets in the right positions so Michu and him will score alot together given time.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Thoughts on Bony on 14:23 - Aug 19 with 12360 viewsshandyjack

great clinical striker with good hold up play, what we have been crying out for. Shearer was never the quickest of strikers was he

Poll: Expectation for the season

Thoughts on Bony on 14:24 - Aug 19 with 12358 viewsSpokenword

He's so far doing what he was bought for and that's scoring goals, 3 in 3 (should be 4), great return and i'd be surprised if he doesnt score more than 20 + goals. Your absolutley right, he does get into a great positions. An upgrade from Jason Scotland.
Thoughts on Bony on 14:27 - Aug 19 with 12328 viewsJamesJack

Thoughts on Bony on 14:23 - Aug 19 by shandyjack

great clinical striker with good hold up play, what we have been crying out for. Shearer was never the quickest of strikers was he

You're right about Shearer there. Bonys goal against United was a good one too. Great position and snapped at it with power and accuracy. perfect!
Thoughts on Bony on 14:29 - Aug 19 with 12305 viewsPozuelosSideys

Thoughts on Bony on 14:24 - Aug 19 by Spokenword

He's so far doing what he was bought for and that's scoring goals, 3 in 3 (should be 4), great return and i'd be surprised if he doesnt score more than 20 + goals. Your absolutley right, he does get into a great positions. An upgrade from Jason Scotland.

All power and positioning, no speed or acceleration whatsoever. For these reasons, i just dont see us going in for Lukaku as our other striker. ML will want somebody nippy to play off the shoulder of the last defender, which is probably why there is something in the Rebic rumour.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Thoughts on Bony on 14:35 - Aug 19 with 12270 viewsSkipTheJack

2 1/2 competivie games played - 3 goals and another good goal disallowed. If he keeps this up he'll be the signing of the season.

He's got strength, skill and quality in the air and on the ground. It's been quite hard to find any faults so far, but maybe he goes down a little too easily looking for freekicks that he's never going to get in the PL.

It's early days I know, but so far he looks better value than Soldado in the two games I've seen him for Spurs.
Thoughts on Bony on 14:38 - Aug 19 with 12258 viewsDrGonzo

Didn't look that sluggish when he scored over in malmo.
Thoughts on Bony on 14:41 - Aug 19 with 12235 viewsPegojack

I'm very pleased with him, he's exceeded my expectations. He doesn't have blistering acceleraion over 10 yards, but he is an excellent target man with great strength, which is what we were desperately missing in the second half of last season, and he is a clinical finisher in the box, again something we've missed.
I was miffed when he put that free header wide from six yards but who knows, a wet ball, a slight touch of jet lag, we're all human. He was coolness personified when he took his goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on Bony on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 12181 viewsSwanzay

Looks good so far, exactly what we needed up front. Looks strong and physical and will be able to take some of the strain of Michu.
Hopefully they will form an exciting partnership this season.
Thoughts on Bony on 15:03 - Aug 19 with 12154 viewsBaker

Apart from that haircut of his which acts as a big, soppy sponge when he heads the ball, I have to say that I do like the cut of his jib.

Get your hair cut, lad

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Thoughts on Bony on 15:04 - Aug 19 with 12143 viewsLiam12345

his only problem is his accleleration and speed over all but even then hes a strong lad

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Thoughts on Bony on 16:20 - Aug 19 with 11894 viewsMolliemick

Thoughts on Bony on 15:04 - Aug 19 by Liam12345

his only problem is his accleleration and speed over all but even then hes a strong lad

It is early days but so far never worth £12 million. Looks unfit, is slow, and missed at least two good heading chances. We still need to sign another striker.
Thoughts on Bony on 16:21 - Aug 19 with 11888 viewsMagic_Michu

Thoughts on Bony on 16:20 - Aug 19 by Molliemick

It is early days but so far never worth £12 million. Looks unfit, is slow, and missed at least two good heading chances. We still need to sign another striker.

ha ha... good one.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Thoughts on Bony on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 11810 viewsSpratty

Thoughts on Bony on 14:35 - Aug 19 by SkipTheJack

2 1/2 competivie games played - 3 goals and another good goal disallowed. If he keeps this up he'll be the signing of the season.

He's got strength, skill and quality in the air and on the ground. It's been quite hard to find any faults so far, but maybe he goes down a little too easily looking for freekicks that he's never going to get in the PL.

It's early days I know, but so far he looks better value than Soldado in the two games I've seen him for Spurs.

"maybe he goes down a little too easily looking for freekicks that he's never going to get in the PL"........................

When he first kept falling over I honestly thought he must have balance problems.
Thoughts on Bony on 16:49 - Aug 19 with 11797 viewsJokeren1943

Thoughts on Bony on 15:04 - Aug 19 by Liam12345

When we play so heavier in the middle (and not on the outsides), he may slow down our counterattacks.

On the other hand,, he is strong and if he can pass too our fast "wings" like Routledge, Pablo etc, our counterattack can be lethal.

And think we need to get use to a player, who is not moving all the time, as all out players did last season.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 17:56]
Thoughts on Bony on 17:23 - Aug 19 with 11734 viewsDull1Thomas

Yeah, a bit like Jason Scotland was slow, sluggish, lazy and (at his level) devastating.
Definitely not worth his place.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Thoughts on Bony on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 11727 viewsJamesJack

Thoughts on Bony on 16:49 - Aug 19 by Jokeren1943

When we play so heavier in the middle (and not on the outsides), he may slow down our counterattacks.

On the other hand,, he is strong and if he can pass too our fast "wings" like Routledge, Pablo etc, our counterattack can be lethal.

And think we need to get use to a player, who is not moving all the time, as all out players did last season.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 17:56]

Think it's nice that we finally have someone who'll stick around in the attacking position though. Helps when the target man is in the position in which he'll be targeted.

He seems to be a great buy so far though. Holds the ball up fantastically well for my liking.
Thoughts on Bony on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 11718 viewsJamesJack

He's not looked unfit to me. he's definitely slow though. Yeah, he missed a good headed chance, but every striker will miss chances here and there. Chill man.
Thoughts on Bony on 18:38 - Aug 19 with 11588 viewsDr_Winston

Obviously lacking match sharpness, which you'd expect given his interrupted pre-season. Otherwise he has a definite knack for being where he needs to be and plainly looks capable of 20+ goals per season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thoughts on Bony on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 11569 viewsOldjack

half a chance and wallop the net is bulging ,enough said ,i like him a lot

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Thoughts on Bony on 18:48 - Aug 19 with 11549 viewsJoe_bradshaw

His touch can be poor at times and he doesn't look too sharp which may be a lack of match fitness.

He becomes a completely different animal in the penalty area though and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time and he can finish.

He's just what we've been missing so far in the Premier League.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Thoughts on Bony on 18:54 - Aug 19 with 11525 viewsBelfast

Bony is a goal a game premier league player.

FACT.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Thoughts on Bony on 19:09 - Aug 19 with 11487 viewspencoedjack

Will become a legend
Thoughts on Bony on 19:14 - Aug 19 with 11467 viewsBLAZE

Thoughts on Bony on 18:45 - Aug 19 by Oldjack

half a chance and wallop the net is bulging ,enough said ,i like him a lot

Why did you always give Scotland grief then? He was just the same at his respective level

[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 19:15]
Thoughts on Bony on 19:28 - Aug 19 with 11422 viewswaynekerr55

Is that a serious post?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024