Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without the rose tinted glasses 15:40 - Sep 1 with 21023 viewsGeoffThom

Lets have an honest assessment of bony today ,and not because we've signed a 12 mill player he's got to be good, a real head thinking not heart assessment of his display and I'll kick it off he was terrible today
Without the rose tinted glasses on 07:29 - Sep 2 with 3446 viewsPlasticman

Without the rose tinted glasses on 05:04 - Sep 2 by JoeSoccerFan

I came away with something very valuable from this thread, the term "spunk bubbles". I can't wait to call someone that!

My opinion on Bony based not on today but on the other matches that I've seen (including the Ivory Coast match against Mexico) is that he has some desirable attributes (such as clinical finishing, combines well with others, big body in the box) and a few concerning (such as limited acceleration, can have a rough first touch when controlling the ball). But, I think he can be valuable for us and I'm not willing to be quick to judgment on him 3 games into the PL.

just my opinion

about bonys first touch, it seemed to me more of a 50/50 thing. sometimes he would get a ball and just take it down 100% like it was nothing (despite it looking like a really hard ball to do that with) and other times his touch would be slightly too heavy.

Given this I feel fairly confident about his first touch once he's fully settled in the team.

Plastic since 2012

Without the rose tinted glasses on 08:21 - Sep 2 with 3394 viewsRamblinJack

Still waiting for the OP to add arguments to his opinion of Bonys performance.

What about him was terrible and very disapointing?
Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:06 - Sep 2 with 3352 viewsshandyjack

he's got a 1 in 2 record so far for us this season. That will do for me, looks a quality player and looks to have brought the best out of Michu again.

But lets not forget people thought JS was poor and lazy and brought nothing to the team

Poll: Expectation for the season

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:23 - Sep 2 with 3332 viewsperchrockjack

And the Prosser defence is...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:24 - Sep 2 with 3331 viewsDarran

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:23 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

And the Prosser defence is...

What you mean?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 3327 viewsperchrockjack

I was expecting him to come in and smash the opposition and he could be dynamite but its going to take far more games for him to get up to speed. I assuming he s really putting in the effort at training.
He s obviously got to be given support by is all during a game anyway.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:29 - Sep 2 with 3317 viewsDarran

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:27 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

I was expecting him to come in and smash the opposition and he could be dynamite but its going to take far more games for him to get up to speed. I assuming he s really putting in the effort at training.
He s obviously got to be given support by is all during a game anyway.

Ah right so that's you and the OP that thought he was terrible yesterday then?
I'm out of the bollox,we'll never win with some people.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:40 - Sep 2 with 3310 viewsHalon_x

I kinda agree with Geoffthom. I dont think bony performed well. To me it seemed he struggle abit to find where he shud position himself.
Im a big fan of bony and im not worried about him. He will find his spot up front, and once he does that he show us why we spent 12 mill on him
Login to get fewer ads

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 3295 viewsperchrockjack

Now there you go again..
Where did I say he was terrible.
You keep misquoting me and I m going to be on your case

Without the rose tinted glasses on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 3265 viewsRamblinJack

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:40 - Sep 2 by Halon_x

I kinda agree with Geoffthom. I dont think bony performed well. To me it seemed he struggle abit to find where he shud position himself.
Im a big fan of bony and im not worried about him. He will find his spot up front, and once he does that he show us why we spent 12 mill on him

He did struggle a bit as you point out. But was he "terrible" and "very disapointing"?
Without the rose tinted glasses on 12:38 - Sep 2 with 3240 viewslovejuicejack

I suppose when we spend 12 mill people expect the player to hit the grass on fire but it does not always happen like that. Look at Guiroud for Arsenal ... he said himself it has taken all season to settle down and sharpen up and what a good player he is turning into.

Bony has the talent but it is very early days, I think he will improve a lot.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 16:23 - Sep 3 with 3122 viewsJamesJack

I seriously don't understand what more people want from him. JS got seriously abused, despite him scoring an incredible amount of goals for us. It will surely be the same for Bony. I've seen a few 'Bony Bashers' come out of the works already, so at the Albion game on Sunday, I paid very close attention to Bony, and I was very impressed to say the least. His positioning is great, he's always looking for space, he can hold the ball up well, and when needed, can draw a foul from the opposition, giving us a set piece to attack. He's not the best dribbler, but it's good enough and he's also not afraid to shoot outside the box. People must NOT forget that he is a TARGET man. This is why he goes missing at times. Most of our game is played in midfield and he is forward, waiting for a good ball in. As a target man, he is completely dependant on the delivery from the wingers/midfielders, and I don't mind saying that 95% of the time, our delivery/crosses have been absolutely abysmal. Not sure at times if we're actually crossing the ball or playing it to the other wing. Still, to stay with the subject, I'll say I'm very happy with him. Definitely the striker we need. Just need to improve our delivery.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 16:33 - Sep 3 with 3102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Without the rose tinted glasses on 16:23 - Sep 3 by JamesJack

I seriously don't understand what more people want from him. JS got seriously abused, despite him scoring an incredible amount of goals for us. It will surely be the same for Bony. I've seen a few 'Bony Bashers' come out of the works already, so at the Albion game on Sunday, I paid very close attention to Bony, and I was very impressed to say the least. His positioning is great, he's always looking for space, he can hold the ball up well, and when needed, can draw a foul from the opposition, giving us a set piece to attack. He's not the best dribbler, but it's good enough and he's also not afraid to shoot outside the box. People must NOT forget that he is a TARGET man. This is why he goes missing at times. Most of our game is played in midfield and he is forward, waiting for a good ball in. As a target man, he is completely dependant on the delivery from the wingers/midfielders, and I don't mind saying that 95% of the time, our delivery/crosses have been absolutely abysmal. Not sure at times if we're actually crossing the ball or playing it to the other wing. Still, to stay with the subject, I'll say I'm very happy with him. Definitely the striker we need. Just need to improve our delivery.

Great post, he is getting up to speed with us and had to go away for a meaningless friendly which can't have helped him either. He's doing fine and will just get better.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Without the rose tinted glasses on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 3035 views2face

Without the rose tinted glasses on 16:23 - Sep 3 by JamesJack

I just think people underestimate his performance because he is unassuming and doesn't wave his arms about all the time.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 05:19 - Sep 4 with 2947 viewsCatullus

Ah, the JS9 argument! I don't think he brought us nothing, just that a very good goal return would have been truly spectacular with a bit more effort. But that's just me always wanting more back then!
Bony will come good. When he's properly settled and 100% match ready. It's hard coming into a new team, even more so when expectations are so high. £12,000,000 pounds high, which is very very high for us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Without the rose tinted glasses on 07:52 - Sep 4 with 2911 viewsDr_Winston

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:40 - Sep 2 by Halon_x

Bony was a hell of a lot better against WBA than he was against Petrolul.

He remains a work in progress, even more so if he's still carrying a knock.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 08:49 - Sep 4 with 2877 viewsJackSomething

Without the rose tinted glasses on 05:19 - Sep 4 by Catullus

Ah, the JS9 argument! I don't think he brought us nothing, just that a very good goal return would have been truly spectacular with a bit more effort. But that's just me always wanting more back then!
Bony will come good. When he's properly settled and 100% match ready. It's hard coming into a new team, even more so when expectations are so high. £12,000,000 pounds high, which is very very high for us.

I'd call 45 goals in 90 games (league only) spectacular, especially given some of the 'talent' that have played up front for us since then.

I'm always surprised by the 'more effort would lead to more goals' idea. I always thought Jason conserved his energy for when he needed it most, when there was a chance of a goal.

If he'd spent the whole game against Barnsley in 2008 (for example) running around like Adrian Forbes, would he have had the energy left to score a stunning equaliser in the 94th minute?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:38 - Sep 4 with 2848 viewsjruss1

Danny Graham was quoted as saying Laudrup told him to stop wasting energy by chasing and running needlessly, so don't expect much movement from Bony on that front.

It's the age old problem our fan base has, write a player off after a few games. We will never learn patience will we? Give the guy a chance to settle in , it doesn't always happen straight away ala Michu.
Without the rose tinted glasses on 10:58 - Sep 4 with 2833 viewswaynekerr55

Without the rose tinted glasses on 15:56 - Sep 1 by GeoffThom

Oh I do and js10 did it a dam sight better than him for a lot less wonga

At a level below - mare

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Without the rose tinted glasses on 11:49 - Sep 4 with 2809 viewswaynekerr55

Without the rose tinted glasses on 09:38 - Sep 4 by jruss1

Danny Graham was quoted as saying Laudrup told him to stop wasting energy by chasing and running needlessly, so don't expect much movement from Bony on that front.

It's the age old problem our fan base has, write a player off after a few games. We will never learn patience will we? Give the guy a chance to settle in , it doesn't always happen straight away ala Michu.

I've only been on page 1, has the old chesnut "Trundle was better" popped up yet?

Without the rose tinted glasses on 11:57 - Sep 4 with 2835 viewsDarran

Without the rose tinted glasses on 11:49 - Sep 4 by waynekerr55

I've only been on page 1, has the old chesnut "Trundle was better" popped up yet?

Different level,Trundle was exceptional for us at that level.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 2782 viewswaynekerr55

Without the rose tinted glasses on 11:57 - Sep 4 by Darran

Different level,Trundle was exceptional for us at that level.

Of course, but people think he was better than he actually was and some no doubt think he'd cut it at this level

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 2760 viewsDarran

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:08 - Sep 4 by waynekerr55

Of course, but people think he was better than he actually was and some no doubt think he'd cut it at this level

You mean like Swansea fans thinking Swansea players are better than what they really are?

F*ck me I must have missed that one.

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:44 - Sep 4 with 2742 viewswaynekerr55

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:22 - Sep 4 by Darran

You mean like Swansea fans thinking Swansea players are better than what they really are?

F*ck me I must have missed that one.

Yeah, this being the biggest example

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:39 - Sep 4 with 2692 viewsrossshaw

Without the rose tinted glasses on 13:44 - Sep 4 by waynekerr55

Yeah, this being the biggest example

Can a mod take these extra posts off? My internet went to absolute s**t for a moment
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 15:42]

Trundle could still do a job..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024