Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Vetch to be Proud of 16:25 - Sep 6 with 3182 viewsSpringHeeledJack

Just found this image from 1980(?) online, can anyone shed any light as to what happened with this scheme, and why the expansion didn't go ahead? (I wasn't born until 1987).

@SwanThisDay

A Vetch to be Proud of on 16:45 - Sep 6 with 3120 viewsmonmouth

Did the first bit (East Stand) then ran out of money as financial truths came home to roost.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Vetch to be Proud of on 20:44 - Sep 6 with 2870 viewsjandyt

Yup, ran out of money. The £100 bonds were repayable, but the £25 and £600 bonds weren't. Depending on which one you had gave you the right to buy season tickets, and if you had the £100 or £600 bonds, you had a small plastic plaque with your name on your seat (if you were sitting) for either ten years or life from memory.

The stadium would have been fantastic if it had gone ahead, but it all went pear shaped.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

A Vetch to be Proud of on 22:16 - Sep 6 with 2756 viewscanhecatchit

A Vetch to be Proud of on 20:44 - Sep 6 by jandyt

Yup, ran out of money. The £100 bonds were repayable, but the £25 and £600 bonds weren't. Depending on which one you had gave you the right to buy season tickets, and if you had the £100 or £600 bonds, you had a small plastic plaque with your name on your seat (if you were sitting) for either ten years or life from memory.

The stadium would have been fantastic if it had gone ahead, but it all went pear shaped.

If I remember rightly, the company building the East Stand went bust because the Swans never paid for it .

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

A Vetch to be Proud of on 15:08 - Sep 7 with 2466 viewsBelfast

A Vetch to be Proud of on 22:16 - Sep 6 by canhecatchit

If I remember rightly, the company building the East Stand went bust because the Swans never paid for it .

Or ....
The company went bust whilst building it ?

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

A Vetch to be Proud of on 18:29 - Sep 7 with 2389 viewssomersetsimon

I remember my dad buying some of those £100 bonds for each of us (mum, dad & myself had vice-president season tickets through the late 70s and 80s). Even though they might have been sold as repayable, the club soon ran out of money and he decided that the club needed the money more than he did! When he died in 94, I found the bonds still in his desk drawer.
A Vetch to be Proud of on 20:35 - Sep 7 with 2328 viewsjandyt

A Vetch to be Proud of on 18:29 - Sep 7 by somersetsimon

I remember my dad buying some of those £100 bonds for each of us (mum, dad & myself had vice-president season tickets through the late 70s and 80s). Even though they might have been sold as repayable, the club soon ran out of money and he decided that the club needed the money more than he did! When he died in 94, I found the bonds still in his desk drawer.

Same happened with us as well

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

A Vetch to be Proud of on 21:10 - Sep 7 with 2296 viewsJackfath

They must be worth tens of thousands now, cash in!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A Vetch to be Proud of on 21:44 - Sep 7 with 2264 viewsGeoffThom

East stand built by Rees+Kirkby very big employer and company in its day did go bust but not because of building east stand , gwillym Joseph was chairman and I think still a director of the swans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024