Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony tonight 19:35 - Sep 16 with 13551 viewswr72

Big game for him........and on here, i'd imagine.He'll either be lauded or ruined.I wonder!
Bony tonight on 11:10 - Sep 17 with 3317 viewsMattG

Bony's best game so far, I thought. Although still not perfect, his touch looked better, even under pressure from the Liverpool CBs and his link-up play with Michu looks like something we'll be able to get really excited about in the not-too-distant future.
Bony tonight on 11:18 - Sep 17 with 3302 viewslifelong

Bony tonight on 11:10 - Sep 17 by MattG

Bony's best game so far, I thought. Although still not perfect, his touch looked better, even under pressure from the Liverpool CBs and his link-up play with Michu looks like something we'll be able to get really excited about in the not-too-distant future.

I agree.

That strike in the first half, when there seemed nothing on, was quality and it took an excellent save to keep it out.

He's as strong as a horse and will be a handful for all centre backs this season.
Bony tonight on 11:39 - Sep 17 with 3271 viewsJackSomething

Bony tonight on 11:05 - Sep 17 by 2face

In the roughly 250 minutes we have played without Bony on the pitch, we have scored exactly 1 goal. In the roughly 470 minutes we have played with Bony on the pitch, we have scored 12 goals.

It's pretty much statistical fact that when Bony comes off, we don't score.

Careful. By using intelligent analysis to point out that those knocking him are clearly wrong, you could be considered a 'f*ckwit'.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony tonight on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 3226 views2face

Bony tonight on 11:39 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

Careful. By using intelligent analysis to point out that those knocking him are clearly wrong, you could be considered a 'f*ckwit'.

But I am a f*ckwit. So if this was intelligent, I would put it down to luck.
Bony tonight on 15:53 - Sep 17 with 3140 viewscontroversial_jack

He needs time to adapt to the pace of this league, unfortunately players don't get that luxury in the P.L.
Bony tonight on 16:01 - Sep 17 with 3127 viewsmonmouth

Bony tonight on 11:05 - Sep 17 by 2face

In the roughly 250 minutes we have played without Bony on the pitch, we have scored exactly 1 goal. In the roughly 470 minutes we have played with Bony on the pitch, we have scored 12 goals.

It's pretty much statistical fact that when Bony comes off, we don't score.

I wish I'd known that wonderful stat last night to shut up the real f**kwits who know zero about football and think they know a lot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony tonight on 19:07 - Sep 17 with 3082 viewsMattG

Fit for Thursday, according to BBC Sportsday earlier.
Bony tonight on 01:10 - Sep 18 with 3043 viewsmawdlamjack

Bony tonight on 23:44 - Sep 16 by Dull1Thomas

WHy didn't we get a penalty when a centre back, defender and goalkeeper clatter our centre forward?

now that's the first sensible post you've made

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Login to get fewer ads

Bony tonight on 02:35 - Sep 18 with 3020 viewslovejuicejack

Bony tonight on 19:07 - Sep 17 by MattG

Fit for Thursday, according to BBC Sportsday earlier.

Sweet ... throw the big cnuut. into the mixer then innit.
Bony tonight on 09:10 - Sep 18 with 2927 viewsPureRockFury

Bony tonight on 02:35 - Sep 18 by lovejuicejack

Sweet ... throw the big cnuut. into the mixer then innit.

Those were the exact words used by Laudrup when the medical team told him Bony was clear to play.

Even the bad times were good.

Bony tonight on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 2924 viewsBackHeel

he's looked good, without looking electric, but he has a hard job leading the line alone, will improve as the overall chemistry does
Bony tonight on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 2914 viewsPureRockFury

Both he and Michu love the one-touch lay-off, they do it all the time when playing together, sometimes it comes off and everyone oohs and aahs, a lot of times it doesn't and potential moves break down.

I'm actually quite impressed they're attempting to link up in that way so early after playing together as it usually takes a lot of playing together to instinctively know where the other will be when the ball comes zipping into you and I think that part of their link-up will only get better. Eventually there'll be a few goal of the season contenders from that kind of play, but not sure how prolific it'll be.

Of course, Bony plays with 9 other outfield players apart from Michu, so how many goals he scores from that partnership alone won't define his season. The main problem for Bony will be if Laudrup starts to 'mission creep' Michu back up top in order to make use of his midfield riches. I'm not sure how much Bony's substitution on Monday was down to injury and how much it was down to Laudrup wanting to sacrifice the striker for a midfielder, something he seems unable to resist whoever plays up top.

Even the bad times were good.

Bony tonight on 09:38 - Sep 18 with 2903 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony tonight on 23:44 - Sep 16 by Dull1Thomas

WHy didn't we get a penalty when a centre back, defender and goalkeeper clatter our centre forward?

Because the keeper got to the ball...
Bony tonight on 17:18 - Sep 18 with 2841 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony tonight on 09:38 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

Because the keeper got to the ball...

The way I saw it was that there was no foul (I thought it may have been one but i sit down the southern end of the East so quite far away ) but on seeing the replay on TVit looked like Bony actually got to the ball first and got something on it but his other leg as he was falling blocked his own effort.

I have to say he's impressing me, the shot he had i the first half looked powerful enough with very little backlift. If one of the Liverpool defenders hadn't put in an attempted block which slowed the ball down as it went through to Mignolet I reckon it would have beaten him for sure.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony tonight on 17:38 - Sep 18 with 2824 viewsDr_Winston

Bony tonight on 09:29 - Sep 18 by PureRockFury

Both he and Michu love the one-touch lay-off, they do it all the time when playing together, sometimes it comes off and everyone oohs and aahs, a lot of times it doesn't and potential moves break down.

I'm actually quite impressed they're attempting to link up in that way so early after playing together as it usually takes a lot of playing together to instinctively know where the other will be when the ball comes zipping into you and I think that part of their link-up will only get better. Eventually there'll be a few goal of the season contenders from that kind of play, but not sure how prolific it'll be.

Of course, Bony plays with 9 other outfield players apart from Michu, so how many goals he scores from that partnership alone won't define his season. The main problem for Bony will be if Laudrup starts to 'mission creep' Michu back up top in order to make use of his midfield riches. I'm not sure how much Bony's substitution on Monday was down to injury and how much it was down to Laudrup wanting to sacrifice the striker for a midfielder, something he seems unable to resist whoever plays up top.

Aye. He can't resist the urge to bung Michu upfront at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024