Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please 01:31 - Sep 27 with 10098 viewsJackEwing

We are live to the world this Saturday, lets please not look little league and have this pathetic goal celebration music please!

After the thread on here a few weeks ago, it was clear no one wants it, yet the PA played it. after the Liverpool goals, granted I didn't notice it for the first goal! Shouldn't the guy on the PA express the fans views? He's not adding to the atmosphere in any way.

Doesn't the trust have any power to address this? I remember the delight in working with Stadco to get ketchup stations installed. To me this is a much bigger issue to resolve
[Post edited 27 Sep 2013 1:32]
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 2589 viewsSwansNZ

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:49 - Sep 27 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Its w@nk and makes us look like yeovil town. Get rid asap.

No need for it.

Is it the same song every time? if so, what is it?

I assume it's only played when we score, not the opposition?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:10 - Sep 27 with 2568 viewsDarran

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 20:44 - Sep 27 by SwansNZ

I couldn't tell you what it is because I never hear it.
Out of curiosity could someone explain to me how it spoild the atmosphere,surely it only lasts for seconds.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:10 - Sep 27 with 2565 viewslonglostjack

Music ? Will be there tomorrow instead of struggling with streams on a dodgy computer - they can play bloody Cliff Richard and I wouldn't care!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:11 - Sep 27 with 2560 viewsJackfath

People need to concentrate on the game rather than completely insignificant goings on like this.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:17 - Sep 27 with 2550 viewsdgt73

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:11 - Sep 27 by Jackfath

People need to concentrate on the game rather than completely insignificant goings on like this.

That's great.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:20 - Sep 27 with 2538 viewsJackfath

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:17 - Sep 27 by dgt73

That's great.

I'm glad you like it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:26 - Sep 27 with 2526 viewsdgt73

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 21:20 - Sep 27 by Jackfath

I'm glad you like it.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 22:20 - Sep 27 with 2494 viewsSpratty

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 14:07 - Sep 27 by Joe_bradshaw

You're not allowed to say "mental".

I said it in Asda this morning but I think I got away with it.

Login to get fewer ads

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 2430 viewsJackEwing

As I thought the overwhelming response is that the goal music is embarrassing to say the least.

For those who stated that fans should worry about more important things, what exactly are they?

For once in my 26 years supporting club we are flying high in the Premier League and everything is going well in Europe and we are playing fantastic football. The most important place on the pitch, there is nothing to worry about!

Therefore how do we as fans go about getting rid of this music? Who gave the PA announcer the go ahead to play the music? Surely the fans views should be consulted.

This is something that could be easily resolved, tell the PA not to play any music after we score, or we get another PA.

That's why I would like the trust to address this issue, after all aren't they meant to represent the fans views? And the fans don't want this awful music killing the atmosphere when we score.
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:35 - Sep 28 with 2411 viewsDarran

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:18 - Sep 28 by JackEwing

As I thought the overwhelming response is that the goal music is embarrassing to say the least.

For those who stated that fans should worry about more important things, what exactly are they?

For once in my 26 years supporting club we are flying high in the Premier League and everything is going well in Europe and we are playing fantastic football. The most important place on the pitch, there is nothing to worry about!

Therefore how do we as fans go about getting rid of this music? Who gave the PA announcer the go ahead to play the music? Surely the fans views should be consulted.

This is something that could be easily resolved, tell the PA not to play any music after we score, or we get another PA.

That's why I would like the trust to address this issue, after all aren't they meant to represent the fans views? And the fans don't want this awful music killing the atmosphere when we score.

What atmosphere does it kill when we score then?
It only lasts for seconds.

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:39 - Sep 28 with 2401 viewsmatt_the_jack

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:35 - Sep 28 by Darran

What atmosphere does it kill when we score then?
It only lasts for seconds.

Bayern Munich and Dortmund have goal music and the atmospheres in Germany are brilliant

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:42 - Sep 28 with 2390 viewsDarran

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:39 - Sep 28 by matt_the_jack

Bayern Munich and Dortmund have goal music and the atmospheres in Germany are brilliant

Well yeah I knew that but I was saving it.

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:45 - Sep 28 with 2385 viewsSA1_Jack

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 20:44 - Sep 27 by SwansNZ

Its: Tom Hark - The Pirhanas ...

I am not too bothered either way. Generally I don't really notice it, though I know we tend to get stick for it so for that reason I would say to get rid if we had the option. Not really a major concern to me either way.

And yes, it's only used for our goals.
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:45 - Sep 28 with 2383 viewsJackEwing

But it doesn't add to ours, as the vast majority of fans agree
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:48 - Sep 28 with 2380 viewsDarran

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:45 - Sep 28 by JackEwing

But it doesn't add to ours, as the vast majority of fans agree

How doesn't it?

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:01 - Sep 28 with 2186 viewsJackEwing

As it drowns out our joyous screams as we celebrate a goal, which is the highlight of any game.

This would sometimes quickly turn to chants of 'easy' (with the clapping) , or the 'who are you? chant'? This doesn't seem to happen now IMO as much with the music on almost immediately.

The cheering is drowned out by the music. The choice of song is also completely irrelevant to the club.

If you are watching on the TV, as very many of our fans will be doing with our rapidly growing fan base and the smallest stadium in the league, its sounds even worse. You don't hear the crowd only the music.

The vast majority of fans want to get rid of it, so why keep it? For those who say I couldn't give a (add choice of expletive), well you wont care if it goes?

The majority of fans want to get rid so it simple 'Benthamism'.
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:05 - Sep 28 with 2179 viewsDarran

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:01 - Sep 28 by JackEwing

As it drowns out our joyous screams as we celebrate a goal, which is the highlight of any game.

This would sometimes quickly turn to chants of 'easy' (with the clapping) , or the 'who are you? chant'? This doesn't seem to happen now IMO as much with the music on almost immediately.

The cheering is drowned out by the music. The choice of song is also completely irrelevant to the club.

If you are watching on the TV, as very many of our fans will be doing with our rapidly growing fan base and the smallest stadium in the league, its sounds even worse. You don't hear the crowd only the music.

The vast majority of fans want to get rid of it, so why keep it? For those who say I couldn't give a (add choice of expletive), well you wont care if it goes?

The majority of fans want to get rid so it simple 'Benthamism'.

Well I don't care if it goes or stays because I think you talking complete gash,i'm sure if we're 2-0 up by 5:40pm tonight the atmosphere wil be dreadful because we've heard the goal music twice.

Think of the people watching on telly like,pity mun.

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:06 - Sep 28 with 2176 viewsjackess

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 12:48 - Sep 28 by Darran

How doesn't it?

It doesn't Darran.
It takes over from the fans celebration in the same way that the blearing music just before kick off won't allow the East to be heard when the players come in
We have to wait 'til the bloody thing shuts before we can be heard.
We all want atmosphere but there is no coordination between the PA and the fans.
I don't understand the stubborness of the PA just to do his own thing even if it spoils the atmosphere.
Put a stop to it .
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:13 - Sep 28 with 2161 viewsJackEwing

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:05 - Sep 28 by Darran

Well I don't care if it goes or stays because I think you talking complete gash,i'm sure if we're 2-0 up by 5:40pm tonight the atmosphere wil be dreadful because we've heard the goal music twice.

Another insightful post by you.

Sad thing is this post proves the vast majority of our fans agree with me and not you. So while you think I'm talking gash most of our fans tend to differ.

Not sure what you mean by the TV comment either. So Swansea only have 18,500 fans who are all at the Liberty today?

Any way I'm off to the pub then the ground as I'm lucky enough to have a season.

I'm sure you will find another thread to add your wisdom too.
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:13 - Sep 28 with 2159 viewsjackess

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 13:05 - Sep 28 by Darran

He's not talking "gash". If it's not bothering you a way or the other why is it a problem to accept that it bothers others, a lot of them may I add ?
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 14:05 - Sep 28 with 2134 viewsStanners

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 08:52 - Sep 27 by numbers123

it is cringe worthy and i dont understand the people who are not bothered by it. makes us look very small time.

ive said it before, if it is going to be played then play it once we have celebrated not straight away once we have scored. If it was something origional to us then it wouldnt be such a big deal but that awful song makes me cringe when i hear it back on motd.

I think by now if people want to sing that tune after we score then they will just do it any without the music so just leave the rest of us to celebrate in our own way.

The fans who ain't bothered by goal music are the sensible fans who just want to see a great game of football and see the Swans get 3pts

The ones who are bothered are the ones who will moan about anything

Hope that helps
No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 14:46 - Sep 28 with 2116 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 14:05 - Sep 28 by Stanners

The fans who ain't bothered by goal music are the sensible fans who just want to see a great game of football and see the Swans get 3pts

The ones who are bothered are the ones who will moan about anything

Hope that helps

For starters it's a shit song and has no connection with the club, something that franchise FC would knock out not a club with 101 year history and playing in the biggest league in the world. We all want a club to be proud of and represent us as a city and people. Playing a f#cking shit song which the majority of other teams fans take the piss out of us for playing makes no sense at all. If you can't see that then what you doing at the football?

Poll: What would you rather see.....

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 15:01 - Sep 28 with 2109 viewsJackanapes

SO the logic is that because more people are on here moaning about shyt, than not, then more people actually feel that way in the real world? I think you will find that people who are happy with the way things are don't log on to express that, they just amble contentedly through the day. Given that we have a home support of 18 odd thousand, how do handful of misanthropes on here think they accurately represent general consensus? I couldn't give two fkswhat they play when we score, I'm too busy celebrating myself, but out of curiosity , if we score tonight, I am going to see if I can overcome my utter joy at us having scored, and if I can ruin it for myself by furrowing my brow, and tutting disapprovingly at the insidious tune.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 15:03]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 15:09 - Sep 28 with 2091 viewsJackanapes

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 14:46 - Sep 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

For starters it's a shit song and has no connection with the club, something that franchise FC would knock out not a club with 101 year history and playing in the biggest league in the world. We all want a club to be proud of and represent us as a city and people. Playing a f#cking shit song which the majority of other teams fans take the piss out of us for playing makes no sense at all. If you can't see that then what you doing at the football?

Do you actually think everyone who goes to football is from your demographic? Not everyone who went to the Vetch stood on the North Bank. Or are we suggesting that only people who listen to Oasis et al should be allowed into football matches?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 16:28 - Sep 28 with 2060 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

No Goal Celebration Music Saturday Please on 15:09 - Sep 28 by Jackanapes

Do you actually think everyone who goes to football is from your demographic? Not everyone who went to the Vetch stood on the North Bank. Or are we suggesting that only people who listen to Oasis et al should be allowed into football matches?

This is an exercise in futility with you lot

Dance like a spanner to some kids party song if it makes the football all the more enjoyable for you.

Pathetic

Poll: What would you rather see.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024