Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? 19:20 - Oct 8 with 3169 viewswr72

Obviously Laudrup comes to mind bringing in Michu etc.But what about the likes of Rodgers,Sousa,Martinez,Jacket and Flynn.Who made the most significant signings with their time at the club.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 19:35 - Oct 8 with 3144 viewsJackFish

With the exception of Sousa, who managed to spunk most of his transfer budget on Beattie & Cotterill, they've all made some pretty significant signings:

Flynn brought in Trundle, Britton, Martinez & Robinson.
Jackett signed Monk & Pratley.
Martinez had loads - Scotland, Bodde, de Vries, Rangel, Williams, Gomez.
Rodgers - Sinclair, Glyfi, Vorm, Caulker.
Laudrup - Michu, Hernandez, Chico, JDG. (Not including this seasons signings yet).

I'd say probably Martinez, given that he spent very little money signing most of those players, although obviously a lower quality than we've got now, to have Bodde, Scotland and Rangel in a L1 team was brilliant.

Having said that, most of them managed some duffers, like Sylvain Meslien, Josh McEachran, Lita, Keiran Durkan, Priskin.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 19:35 - Oct 8 with 3140 viewsexiledclaseboy

Flynn brought in Britton, Martinez, Tate, Thomas, Trundle and others. All of whom were instrumental in getting us where we are now in one form or another. And he did it all for no cash at all. For that reason, I'm going for Flynn.

But this is undoubtedly about to now descend into the usual nonsense about how rubbish Flynn was and how I don't know what I'm talking about so after this post, I'm out.

Poll: Tory leader

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:01 - Oct 8 with 3103 viewsDr_Winston

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 19:35 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Flynn brought in Britton, Martinez, Tate, Thomas, Trundle and others. All of whom were instrumental in getting us where we are now in one form or another. And he did it all for no cash at all. For that reason, I'm going for Flynn.

But this is undoubtedly about to now descend into the usual nonsense about how rubbish Flynn was and how I don't know what I'm talking about so after this post, I'm out.

He didn't bring Thomas in.

Plus he was shite etc etc...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:04 - Oct 8 with 3099 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:01 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

He didn't bring Thomas in.

Plus he was shite etc etc...

Who signed James Thomas then? Must've been Cusack?

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:07 - Oct 8 with 3094 viewswaynekerr55

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 19:35 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Flynns acquisitions in the transfer market were first class.

His "flexi time" approach to the job was the only black mark on a job well done - although it does make me laugh when the anti Jackett brigade pipe up and say that he was only successful because of the work of Flynn

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:08 - Oct 8 with 3090 viewsDr_Winston

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:04 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Who signed James Thomas then? Must've been Cusack?

Yup.

Mind you, it was pretty obvious that he was signing for us no matter who the manager was so putting it down to Cusack might be pushing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:14 - Oct 8 with 3075 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:07 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

Flynns acquisitions in the transfer market were first class.

His "flexi time" approach to the job was the only black mark on a job well done - although it does make me laugh when the anti Jackett brigade pipe up and say that he was only successful because of the work of Flynn

I think it's fair to say that every manager since Flynn has benefited from the work their immediately predecessor did. That's not to say that all the credit should go that way of course. Every manager from Flynn since has a done a fine job for this club to one extent or another. I was no particular fan of Jackett for much of his time here but even I'm not churlish enough to deny him the credit for the promotion he achieved and for leaving at the right time with more class than any of the managers since him have managed to leave with.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:17 - Oct 8 with 3063 viewswaynekerr55

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:14 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

I think it's fair to say that every manager since Flynn has benefited from the work their immediately predecessor did. That's not to say that all the credit should go that way of course. Every manager from Flynn since has a done a fine job for this club to one extent or another. I was no particular fan of Jackett for much of his time here but even I'm not churlish enough to deny him the credit for the promotion he achieved and for leaving at the right time with more class than any of the managers since him have managed to leave with.

That last post shows that you are one of the more "erudite" posters on ere Mr ECB

Yes ol Kenny did show class in his departure

Login to get fewer ads

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 3043 viewsDr_Winston

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:14 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Getting soft in your old age...

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:37 - Oct 8 with 3024 viewswr72

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:28 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

Getting soft in your old age...

Time is a great healer.

I think Martinez has brought in the most significant signings.He started the Spanish flavour down here signing Rangel,Orlandi,Gomez etc.Without that input i don't think we'd have adopted the Spanish mentality which has got us to where we are now.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:38 - Oct 8 with 3020 viewswr72

Jeez.I keep on quoting posters unintentionally all the time on here.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:39 - Oct 8 with 3017 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:37 - Oct 8 by wr72

Time is a great healer.

I think Martinez has brought in the most significant signings.He started the Spanish flavour down here signing Rangel,Orlandi,Gomez etc.Without that input i don't think we'd have adopted the Spanish mentality which has got us to where we are now.

To be honest you could make an argument for any of them, Sousa excepted.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 3004 viewsCaptain_Sham

Martinez wouldn't have been here in the first place were it not for Flynn bringing him here, so the entire legacy can be traced back to the diminutive dipsomaniac.

Its just a ride.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:44 - Oct 8 with 2994 viewsDr_Winston

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:39 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

I'm a big KJ fan and even I wouldn't argue for his record in the transfer market being best.

Think you have to go for either Laudrup or El Greaseball.

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:40 - Oct 8 with 2907 viewswaynekerr55

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 20:39 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Not having that. Van Der Gun was a great signing....

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:43 - Oct 8 with 2899 viewsJackFish

Jackett's signings were decent when he didn't have much money to spend, most of his L2 signings were very good, but he spoiled it by spunking so much money away on Fallon, Craney and Darren Way.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:44 - Oct 8 with 2895 viewsDaithejack

To be fair to Flynn it was a miracle he got anybody to sign the state the club was in back then.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:50 - Oct 8 with 2877 viewswr72

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:44 - Oct 8 by Daithejack

To be fair to Flynn it was a miracle he got anybody to sign the state the club was in back then.

Defo.He was very shrewd back then or very lucky.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:53 - Oct 8 with 2869 viewswr72

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 19:35 - Oct 8 by JackFish

With the exception of Sousa, who managed to spunk most of his transfer budget on Beattie & Cotterill, they've all made some pretty significant signings:

Flynn brought in Trundle, Britton, Martinez & Robinson.
Jackett signed Monk & Pratley.
Martinez had loads - Scotland, Bodde, de Vries, Rangel, Williams, Gomez.
Rodgers - Sinclair, Glyfi, Vorm, Caulker.
Laudrup - Michu, Hernandez, Chico, JDG. (Not including this seasons signings yet).

I'd say probably Martinez, given that he spent very little money signing most of those players, although obviously a lower quality than we've got now, to have Bodde, Scotland and Rangel in a L1 team was brilliant.

Having said that, most of them managed some duffers, like Sylvain Meslien, Josh McEachran, Lita, Keiran Durkan, Priskin.

I'm embarrassed to say i do not remember Sylvian Meslian.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 01:03 - Oct 9 with 2809 viewssmoulder

Can't split Flynn and Martinez.....they set the foundations for where we are now.
Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 09:32 - Oct 9 with 2716 viewsperchrockjack

I agree

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 2698 viewsDevz00

Which of our recent managers has been the best in the transfer market? on 21:53 - Oct 8 by wr72

I'm embarrassed to say i do not remember Sylvian Meslian.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't think he played more than 2 games for us!

I remember Jackett spending 300k on Rory Fallon and being ridiculously excited by us splashing that amount of money!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024