Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stones in the Park 2013 00:47 - Oct 13 with 3963 viewscentrestandswan

Just been on the box , that's the way to do it even better than Glastonbury.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Stones in the Park 2013 on 11:43 - Oct 13 with 3173 viewsDarran

Its an absolute disgrace that after 20 years Darryl Jones isn't recognised as a band member,I thought it was astonishing last night that Mick Taylors name was in the credits and in the onstage huddle but Darryl was nowhere to be seen.
Egotistical c*nts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:11 - Oct 13 with 3141 viewsGretsch

Because thats the deal, he is free to go off and record what he wants with whoever he wants without the being a Rolling Stone tag. Guess he gets paid quite a bit every 5 years or whatever. What about Bobby Keys over 30 years, Chuck Leveal etc

He seems happy
Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:15 - Oct 13 with 3132 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:11 - Oct 13 by Gretsch

Because thats the deal, he is free to go off and record what he wants with whoever he wants without the being a Rolling Stone tag. Guess he gets paid quite a bit every 5 years or whatever. What about Bobby Keys over 30 years, Chuck Leveal etc

He seems happy

Mick Taylor was though.

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:16 - Oct 13 with 3129 viewsperchrockjack

Much better show

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:24 - Oct 13 with 3122 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:15 - Oct 13 by Darran

Mick Taylor was though.

He was a Stones and still gets royalties
Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:26 - Oct 13 with 3117 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:24 - Oct 13 by Gretsch

He was a Stones and still gets royalties

I know - I don't care - It's wrong.

Do you play a Gretsch.

Stones in the Park 2013 on 16:31 - Oct 13 with 3093 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 15:26 - Oct 13 by Darran

I know - I don't care - It's wrong.

Do you play a Gretsch.

Aye White falcon amongst others

I was at the last Hyde park this year awesome concert hope they call it a day for live work and go out at the to.
Stones in the Park 2013 on 16:36 - Oct 13 with 3082 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 16:31 - Oct 13 by Gretsch

Aye White falcon amongst others

I was at the last Hyde park this year awesome concert hope they call it a day for live work and go out at the to.

This is a nice one,oh and the Stones are getting together in February for rehearsals to tour next year.

Login to get fewer ads

Stones in the Park 2013 on 16:39 - Oct 13 with 3075 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 16:36 - Oct 13 by Darran

This is a nice one,oh and the Stones are getting together in February for rehearsals to tour next year.

Ah well, I will be back wherever they are. Been saying it would be their /my last since the 80s
Stones in the Park 2013 on 19:25 - Oct 13 with 3054 viewsmax936

It was brilliant, I was gutted that l missed the first 15mins or so.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stones in the Park 2013 on 19:36 - Oct 13 with 3040 viewsPapaLazarou

I don't think the Hyde Park gig comes close to the Glastonbury one, even for the Stones and their die-hard fans

Glastonbury wasn't your typical Stones gig with executive bods paying £300 a pop to be at the front, the crowd (like all London shows) are dead at Hyde Park in comparison.

Also interesting that Keef messed up the opening riff to 'Start Me Up' on both Hyde Park dates (possibly deliberately), yet this was edited out of the footage. See from 1:47 in this video:

Also it does take the piss that Darryl isn't an official member, great bassist.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 19:38]
Stones in the Park 2013 on 19:57 - Oct 13 with 3023 viewsGowerjack

He seems happy

Been doing it for years Daz...

Ian Stewart was a founder member played on all their records until his death in '85 but never had the recognition he deserved.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Stones in the Park 2013 on 07:47 - Oct 14 with 2981 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 19:57 - Oct 13 by Gowerjack

Been doing it for years Daz...

Ian Stewart was a founder member played on all their records until his death in '85 but never had the recognition he deserved.

Yeah Ian Stewart was ousted at the start, pre Stones kicking off big style. As for recognition, he toured , he played on albums, he was a part of the machinery of the Stones and was always well respected by the band. Mick Taylor was actually in the band etc. Oh and Carlo Little and Mick Avory, oh and Dick Taylor, Bobby Keys, Nicky Hopkins, Ry Cooder etc, etc.

Same as those bastard Beatles yeah, fancy doing that to Pete Best, etc., etc. Jimmy Page surely he should be reognised as a member of the Kinks.

Name a band and there is always someone who has contributed but to some peoplee not had recognition, apart from being paid vast amounts of money. Cheap Trick ever use a session man???.
Stones in the Park 2013 on 08:26 - Oct 14 with 2967 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 07:47 - Oct 14 by Gretsch

Yeah Ian Stewart was ousted at the start, pre Stones kicking off big style. As for recognition, he toured , he played on albums, he was a part of the machinery of the Stones and was always well respected by the band. Mick Taylor was actually in the band etc. Oh and Carlo Little and Mick Avory, oh and Dick Taylor, Bobby Keys, Nicky Hopkins, Ry Cooder etc, etc.

Same as those bastard Beatles yeah, fancy doing that to Pete Best, etc., etc. Jimmy Page surely he should be reognised as a member of the Kinks.

Name a band and there is always someone who has contributed but to some peoplee not had recognition, apart from being paid vast amounts of money. Cheap Trick ever use a session man???.

I know exactly what you're saying but you're quite simply wrong.
A mainstay member of the band for 20 years and not recognised as a member of the band.

Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:38 - Oct 14 with 2946 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 08:26 - Oct 14 by Darran

I know exactly what you're saying but you're quite simply wrong.
A mainstay member of the band for 20 years and not recognised as a member of the band.

Am I really quite simply wrong ?? Ha Ha , rather pompous opinion that, when exactly did you take a drink from that fountain of all knowledge. If I was "quite simply wrong" his name would be on the credits and you wouldnt have to be on here whimpering on his behalf. If he didnt like it he wouldnt be there.

Just looking at the Stones

Lisa Fisher, Bernard Fowler backing singers on albums and live since mid to late 80's should they be in the band ?

Bobby Keys played live and on the album since 70's (apart from a short spell when he was exiled) should he be in the band?
Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:47 - Oct 14 with 2931 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:38 - Oct 14 by Gretsch

Am I really quite simply wrong ?? Ha Ha , rather pompous opinion that, when exactly did you take a drink from that fountain of all knowledge. If I was "quite simply wrong" his name would be on the credits and you wouldnt have to be on here whimpering on his behalf. If he didnt like it he wouldnt be there.

Just looking at the Stones

Lisa Fisher, Bernard Fowler backing singers on albums and live since mid to late 80's should they be in the band ?

Bobby Keys played live and on the album since 70's (apart from a short spell when he was exiled) should he be in the band?

Where did this 'should be in the band' come from then?
He should be recognised,bit like Ronnie Wood was.

Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:55 - Oct 14 with 2921 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:47 - Oct 14 by Darran

Uuuumm from this statement of yours I think:-

Its an absolute disgrace that after 20 years Darryl Jones isn't recognised as a band member.

Ronnie Wood is in the band, not an employee, he has written songs with the band too
[Post edited 14 Oct 2013 9:56]
Stones in the Park 2013 on 10:36 - Oct 14 with 2884 viewsGretsch

Hired key board players, different from hired Bass players then? He isnt an official member, full stop.

I assure you that nothing you say or write is beyond my comprehension, but then you do seem quite arrogant.

Sorry to spoil a page of your personal forum. Please let me know which pages I may respond to in future. Sorry to upset you Sir.
Stones in the Park 2013 on 10:40 - Oct 14 with 2875 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 10:36 - Oct 14 by Gretsch

Hired key board players, different from hired Bass players then? He isnt an official member, full stop.

I assure you that nothing you say or write is beyond my comprehension, but then you do seem quite arrogant.

Sorry to spoil a page of your personal forum. Please let me know which pages I may respond to in future. Sorry to upset you Sir.

What have you got against him being an official member then?

Stones in the Park 2013 on 10:44 - Oct 14 with 2873 viewsGretsch

Stones in the Park 2013 on 10:40 - Oct 14 by Darran

What have you got against him being an official member then?

Nothing at all, great bass player but it aint my band.

There are people who have made far bigger contributions to their music. Ry Cooder for one just by influence. Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston (even though I think his influence was negatitve to their style), Bobby Keys, Gram Parsons.

Thats the score, it's like employment, I contract to major company and probably contribute far more than many of their employees, but I am still a contractor.
Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 2816 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 22:43 - Nov 30 with 1942 viewsDarran

He seems happy

Remember this thread Gretschy me old mucker?

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-30/rolling-stones-bassist-darryl-jones-wants-fu

Stones in the Park 2013 on 22:49 - Nov 30 with 1930 viewsSwanzay

Stones in the Park 2013 on 22:43 - Nov 30 by Darran

Remember this thread Gretschy me old mucker?

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-30/rolling-stones-bassist-darryl-jones-wants-fu

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38135674
Stones in the Park 2013 on 22:57 - Nov 30 with 1461 viewsWarwickHunt

Stones in the Park 2013 on 09:47 - Oct 14 by Darran

See also: Terry Williams & Dire Straits.
Stones in the Park 2013 on 23:02 - Nov 30 with 1457 viewsDarran

Stones in the Park 2013 on 22:57 - Nov 30 by WarwickHunt

See also: Terry Williams & Dire Straits.

I don't disagree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024