Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flares? 18:16 - Oct 21 with 6899 viewstrolley_jack

Just wondering peoples veiws on flares at football game? Obviously not throwing them at officials. I personally thought they looked impressive when the swiss came to town in a night match. Lets get the jokes about flared trousers out the way early.
Flares? on 18:17 - Oct 21 with 5916 viewsAndy1300

Not a fan of them myself.

Number 1 team in Wales

Flares? on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 5851 viewsorion3016

Let's not forget the world cup qualifier in 1993 when that guy died

Be over there now after

Flares? on 20:16 - Oct 21 with 5767 viewsJackTheLad

Gives the game some edge. I'm all for it personally as long as its done responsibly. You only have to look at some of our opponents so far in the Euro League to see how intense the support is for their teams

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Flares? on 20:18 - Oct 21 with 5747 viewsJackfath

I think if it's safely done then it's ok. Perhaps the club could employ a "flare steward" to set some off.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flares? on 20:19 - Oct 21 with 5754 viewsWhiterockin

Flares? on 20:18 - Oct 21 by Jackfath

I think if it's safely done then it's ok. Perhaps the club could employ a "flare steward" to set some off.

Instead of music when a goal is scored.
Flares? on 20:20 - Oct 21 with 5733 viewsJackfath

Flares? on 20:19 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

Instead of music when a goal is scored.

As well as. Why didn't they announce the attendance on Saturday? I wanted to clap it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flares? on 21:25 - Oct 21 with 5651 viewsChief

I love flares, used to go there all the time when it was on the kingway

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Flares? on 21:26 - Oct 21 with 5647 viewsChief

Thought it was great against St Gallen, a real insight into continental football culture.

Don't see too much harm in it, they don't last long, so if you are concerned for your safety, you could always move away for a few a minutes until the flare burns out.

why do you ask trolley???? what are you planning????

Login to get fewer ads

Flares? on 21:27 - Oct 21 with 5644 viewsC_jack

Don't get them or how they add anything to the atmosphere. Can't imagine anyone with asthma would be pleased to find themselves surrounded by such fumes either, should be able to go to a football match in the modern day without fear of your health.

It would look like the Vatican if our support decided to set them off.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 21:28]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Flares? on 21:51 - Oct 21 with 5595 viewsVetchitBack

Flares down the Liberty? Standing and noise don't even go down well.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Flares? on 05:39 - Oct 22 with 5456 viewsmljonzy

I hope they are banned from all stadiums purely because it is an accident waiting to happen regardless of how cautious some people can be. It just is not worth the risk you can have a great atmosphere without them.
Flares? on 07:39 - Oct 22 with 5416 viewsGretsch

Flares? on 05:39 - Oct 22 by mljonzy

I hope they are banned from all stadiums purely because it is an accident waiting to happen regardless of how cautious some people can be. It just is not worth the risk you can have a great atmosphere without them.

Dont want flares around me, or where I am standing (obviously East).

We couldnt even pass that big Swans shirt over our heads properly never mind set off a flare safely.
Flares? on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 5372 viewsOwenThom

I would love to see them safely introduced but we're a hell of a long way off that at the moment.

The more pressing issue is safe standing which seems to be picking up pace more and more each week. That's where you'll get a European atmosphere from, not just setting off a few flares unfortunately.

Can't wait for safe standing to become a fixture in modern British football, just a matter of time!

Twitter - @Owen_Thom

Flares? on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 5360 viewsGretsch

Flares? on 09:37 - Oct 22 by OwenThom

I would love to see them safely introduced but we're a hell of a long way off that at the moment.

The more pressing issue is safe standing which seems to be picking up pace more and more each week. That's where you'll get a European atmosphere from, not just setting off a few flares unfortunately.

Can't wait for safe standing to become a fixture in modern British football, just a matter of time!

I cant see how they can be safely introduced, unless it's some sort of display on the pitch.

It's a great spectacle from a distance, but not when you are standing close by, or in the cloud of smoke.
Flares? on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 5309 viewstrolley_jack

Flares? on 09:37 - Oct 22 by OwenThom

I would love to see safe standing it just seems the whole football experience is becoming a quiet sober affair.
Flares? on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 5270 viewstreboethjack

When I initially started following the swans (thanks to a mate of mine) it was the general match day feeling and the atmosphere that really got me hooked. I started off with a season ticket in the West for a few years until I decided that I wanted to be part of the singing and the atmosphere, so decided to move to the North-East corner where I've had my season ticket for the past few years. The first Prem season was incredible there but it seems that from there on the buzz around the ground seems to be declining. I'ts a massive shame as it's what got me into it in the first place and I'm sure it's the same for many others.
Hopefully it will improve again soon.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Flares? on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 5250 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Flares? on 13:10 - Oct 22 by treboethjack

When I initially started following the swans (thanks to a mate of mine) it was the general match day feeling and the atmosphere that really got me hooked. I started off with a season ticket in the West for a few years until I decided that I wanted to be part of the singing and the atmosphere, so decided to move to the North-East corner where I've had my season ticket for the past few years. The first Prem season was incredible there but it seems that from there on the buzz around the ground seems to be declining. I'ts a massive shame as it's what got me into it in the first place and I'm sure it's the same for many others.

I think our difficult start hasn't helped the atmosphere either. Don't forget that Sunderland was our first league at home in months as well

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Flares? on 13:28 - Oct 22 with 5235 viewsChief

Flares? on 13:10 - Oct 22 by treboethjack

i had same feeling, but got hooked by the North Bank. Back then we generally had a s hit team, but awesome fans.

Now we have an amazing team, but the fans aren't so good, but there are more of them.

Price of success i suppose.

Flares? on 14:19 - Oct 22 with 5174 viewsFlashberryjack

Flares? on 13:28 - Oct 22 by Chief

i had same feeling, but got hooked by the North Bank. Back then we generally had a s hit team, but awesome fans.

Now we have an amazing team, but the fans aren't so good, but there are more of them.

Price of success i suppose.

And if we had the loudest fans in the league, and the best team, best stadium etc.
I wonder what the f*ck you would moan about then.

In answer to the OP...... I hate flares, the acrid smoke really irritates my chest, I dread to think what it does to asthmatics.
And the lunatic suggestion to allow flares in a none smoking stadium is behond belief.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flares? on 14:45 - Oct 22 with 5157 viewsPortland_Jack

I dont think that flares being thrown is any good, or even being held by fans in amoungst everyone, but if you have a couple of them set up at the front of thr crowd, it works really well. We have them here in Portland, and it adds something to the atmospehre. They have like a hollowed out log which they put some stuff in which gives coloured smoke.

Imagine home to Cardiff and we score and up goes a black and a white smoke. Would be amazing.

A lot of great points on here, but I think for the atmosphere, if we had safe standing and the smoke, it would be a great way of getting the atmosphere going. I wrote a few words about it before....
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/blogs/10/what-could-the-premie

Blog: What could the Premier League learn from the MLS?

Flares? on 15:00 - Oct 22 with 5145 viewstrolley_jack

Flares? on 14:19 - Oct 22 by Flashberryjack

And if we had the loudest fans in the league, and the best team, best stadium etc.
I wonder what the f*ck you would moan about then.

In answer to the OP...... I hate flares, the acrid smoke really irritates my chest, I dread to think what it does to asthmatics.
And the lunatic suggestion to allow flares in a none smoking stadium is behond belief.

To be fair the atmosphere is dulling down at the liberty. Some like to sit down in silence some like to stand and sing. If you prefer the latter todays game is moving away from you.
Flares? on 18:43 - Oct 22 with 5051 viewsDull1Thomas

Had to move my empty cup from the step next to my seat on saturday. Flares!!

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Flares? on 19:12 - Oct 22 with 5027 viewsswanny

Fenebahce (sp) - the stadium's on fire

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Flares? on 20:55 - Oct 22 with 4952 viewsjackarmy8

they bring more atmostphere to the game abroad is bouncing get the crowd going, you cant even stand up.
Flares? on 21:06 - Oct 22 with 4942 viewsDarran

Loons.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024