Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? 09:42 - Oct 28 with 3736 views_

It has got to that stage, hasn't it, with some of our fan base.

It's a sad, sad, indictment of a 'modern day' football fan, but of course not exclusive. There's enough on this board alone who have watched us through the leagues but still can't help themselves.

I was as frustrated as anyone last night, we all wanted the 3 points, but we all must have started worrying when Chico's bullet header was straight at Jaaskeleinen in the first half. Norwich had the same luck in front of goal but arguably they created more than we did.

I noticed at half time we had some 60 odd per cent possession but only 2 shots to their 10, we turned that completely around in the second half but it was still not enough.

As I thought, Vasquez may get his first game and West Ham do allow themselves a pacey forward to get in behind them and that certainly looked like the tactic in the first half. I don't want to be too harsh on Vasquez but if he hasn't learned what the Premier League can be like yesterday, he never will. So in short, he needs to man up, get stuck in, get in there where it hurts and most importantly, stay on his feet. As the game went we couldn't afford to have a striker missing those attributes on the pitch for as long as 65 minutes, or thereabouts. Bony for me should have come on at half time but I'm guessing Laudrup wanted to protect the Spanish youngster.

Michu continues to be our problem and is confusing everyone at the club, from management to fans. The Arsenal game, in my opinion, we played very well, without creating en masse, he played up front then. The Southampton away game whereby again, in my opinion, we created the best chances so far this season, he played behind Bony. Canas also played that game and he brings more cutting edge to the side.

Which brings me on to Leon, a fans favourite and club legend of that there is no doubt, certainly in my eyes as well. That shouldn't mean he's the first name on the sheet however, and yesterday, apart from some late swashbuckling in the middle of the park, where lets be honest no team scores from, he had a relatively quiet game.I really think we need to give Canas more games to get him properly up to speed for the rest of the very important season ahead.

It's also not easy rotating the side, the Europa League is having an affect here, we wouldn't change it for the world, but for me, that's the main area where our involvement is costing us. It seems obvious that even though we need to rotate, Laudrup doesn't know his best XI and that should mean that one game soon, he should he brave and drop Michu for Shelvey or even Pablo in behind Bony.

There's no easy solution to the problem that's becoming quite obvious now - fitting in Michu and Bony in the same side, not while Michu continues to have this Maverick nature about him.

It's a problem many managers would welcome, however, probably Allardyce, whose team are so big and strong, it really was a hard battle out there yesterday, us fans would do well to remember that. Even though we could smell the 3 points, huge teams like that are not ever going to bend over and give them to us.

Time to look for the positives and get our heads on the scum game.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2013 9:45]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:33 - Oct 28 with 1134 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:24 - Oct 28 by lifelong

We could be up a creek without a padlo.

Better off with a pedalo though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:33 - Oct 28 with 1134 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:23 - Oct 28 by JonTheJack

I can't really disagree with much of the OP.

I wouldn't go as far to say that Canas is better than Leon, we just need to use their characteristics according to who we're playing. i.e., playing Leon away from home where his hard work is needed and Canas at home where he can create a little more with our increased possession.

Yesterday was frustrating, but another clean sheet is a positive to go with Ash and Pablo's return.

I didn't say Canas was better. That's impossible to judge.

I am merely saying that the game we created the most in this season, was arguably Soton away. In that game, and also against a very mean defence, we played Canas, Michu and Bony in the same team.

I am just putting it out there, just searching for answers the same as we all are. Its just, for me, not enough praise has been given to that performance and due to the result, most of the excellent play that went on in creating the chances has been forgotten.

Can we maybe go back and learn more from that game, perhaps?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:36 - Oct 28 with 1118 viewsperchrockjack

Its the players who should be learning from the game.
Several teams have and will continue to park the bus against us which shows they either have respect for us or believe its the way to frustrate us-best at it are Everton-. Its down to the players to amend tactics to suit.
We hope

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:52 - Oct 28 with 1102 viewsmonmouth

Without reading every post. I think the opening post is very sensible. WHU will be floating around the top ten at the end. They are Stoke with some bite. And yes, finding Michu an effective team role (and getting him to stick to it) is becoming a real problem, as is over rotation.

How can a team grow if they don't play together? I doubt anybody including the management have any real idea what our real 'best' team looks like and it's ok having options but not if it means trying to give everybody a game, or if it makes players scared to make a mistake or they'll be 'rotated'. I thought there was a lot of safety first yesterday, and I wonder if we have become mentally constipated by fear and unfamiliarity.

Its bloody complex for sure, but I'm still hopeful it will really click after a few more games. I know it's old fashioned and dinosaurish but my view is pick what you think is your best team and start it in every PL game that you can. Let them 'jelly'. Rotate in cups or substitutes to change things. Often, fewer options in management is a blessing.

Yes, I know in my old bones that its not that simple.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 12:40 - Oct 28 with 1073 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:52 - Oct 28 by monmouth

Without reading every post. I think the opening post is very sensible. WHU will be floating around the top ten at the end. They are Stoke with some bite. And yes, finding Michu an effective team role (and getting him to stick to it) is becoming a real problem, as is over rotation.

How can a team grow if they don't play together? I doubt anybody including the management have any real idea what our real 'best' team looks like and it's ok having options but not if it means trying to give everybody a game, or if it makes players scared to make a mistake or they'll be 'rotated'. I thought there was a lot of safety first yesterday, and I wonder if we have become mentally constipated by fear and unfamiliarity.

Its bloody complex for sure, but I'm still hopeful it will really click after a few more games. I know it's old fashioned and dinosaurish but my view is pick what you think is your best team and start it in every PL game that you can. Let them 'jelly'. Rotate in cups or substitutes to change things. Often, fewer options in management is a blessing.

Yes, I know in my old bones that its not that simple.

Totally agree.

Question for you.

What was your opinion of the Soton game?

The team that day:

- - - - - - - Vorm - - - - -
Rangel - Chico - Amat - Davies
Dyer - Cañas - Shelvey - Routledge
- - - - - - - - Michu - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - Bony - - - - - - -

Pozuelo came on for Routs.

Soton have 7 clean sheets this season and I know one of them was against the team up there, so either they are really lucky, as they were against us or they're a pretty effective team at keeping teams at bay.

If we are going to persevere with Michu as AM do we have to go with more creation behind ie Shelvey and/or Canas?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 13:10 - Oct 28 with 1048 viewsmonmouth

I thought we looked good, compact, dangerous and in control at St Mary's. That performance would get us the points on many occasions and at least a point on most. The midfield looked well balanced and neat....Canas had a very good game. Certainly something that's worth a repeat attempt I think.

I've also wondered why, if we're going to really go for 'lower quality' teams at home we've not really given the three wingers behind Michu more of an airing. It may just have been a one off in that game against WBA but the tempo and movement it created, blew away any defensive shape by an opposition that had not conceded a single goal in the first half up until that game.

Whatever, I think some consistency in selection is desirable, even if its for 5-10 game batches (say one for league, one for cup - obviously with some common members) and then review the mix.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 13:32 - Oct 28 with 1033 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 13:10 - Oct 28 by monmouth

I thought we looked good, compact, dangerous and in control at St Mary's. That performance would get us the points on many occasions and at least a point on most. The midfield looked well balanced and neat....Canas had a very good game. Certainly something that's worth a repeat attempt I think.

I've also wondered why, if we're going to really go for 'lower quality' teams at home we've not really given the three wingers behind Michu more of an airing. It may just have been a one off in that game against WBA but the tempo and movement it created, blew away any defensive shape by an opposition that had not conceded a single goal in the first half up until that game.

Whatever, I think some consistency in selection is desirable, even if its for 5-10 game batches (say one for league, one for cup - obviously with some common members) and then review the mix.

Yep, exactly. Mentioned the "3" behind the striker in the OP. But not just with Michu up front, Bony too.

I do get the feeling though, that we are some way away from leaving Michu out.

I know this isn't really that important but Michu was the first to break away from the team huddle at the start, pulling away slowly as it was going on even. We know he's out of the dressing room on his own at HT's, he's always first down the tunnel at FT and he seems a bit of a loner. I also get annoyed with his constant berating of the other players when a ball goes astray, they don't give him the same treatment.

I'd like him to sort this side of him out, i'm sure he can still be as effective to us if he were more of a team player.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 14:21 - Oct 28 with 987 viewsperchrockjack

Michu a problem?

For fans?

Seems to be the mots motivated and effective player we have.

He s covering for many who aren't as arsed as he is- a winner.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 16:30 - Oct 28 with 935 viewsScoobyWho

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 11:19 - Oct 28 by _

"""A man who posts solely to post abuse is telling me not to post. """

Hmmm, read the OP.

Please, Dick, go away.

Is this all neccessary ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:00 - Oct 28 with 876 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 10:34 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

Mental health is a serious issue and Ive total contempt for anyone not seeing that.
Anyone who s seen family friends suffer from this and worse-being sent to a home for disgusting fees- should get my drift.
Disagree about football? Big deal?-not really.

It shows how little sense of proportion some have.

Regarding the OP.YES ITS ACCEPTABLE but yesterday apparently a stone wall penalty was not given so yesterday it wasn't acceptable. I was glad to take a point as we re not firing on all cylinders so to collect a point is better than nowt

With regards to mental health I was disappointed and shocked that Mark Lawrenson reffered to Decanio as a raving nutter on the Match of the day 2 preview. Anyone see it there was an awkward silence from the others! Think he should resign as it was disrespectful to mental health sufferers.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:08 - Oct 28 with 867 viewsNeath_Jack

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:00 - Oct 28 by jackportis

With regards to mental health I was disappointed and shocked that Mark Lawrenson reffered to Decanio as a raving nutter on the Match of the day 2 preview. Anyone see it there was an awkward silence from the others! Think he should resign as it was disrespectful to mental health sufferers.

While mental health is an awful thing, things are going way too far now. He obviously didnt say it in a mocking manner of sufferer's as you well know i'd guess.

We are going to need a new dictionary on what can and can't be said so as to not offend anyone. It wont be a very big book.

Everyone, stop getting offended on others behalfs please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:10 - Oct 28 with 863 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:00 - Oct 28 by jackportis

Oh FFS,

As if Lawrenson is being insensitive to mental health sufferers by saying that...

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:10 - Oct 28 with 863 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can't imagine many of those who are or have suffered from mental illness are going to be upset and offended about something Mark Lawrenson said on Match of the Day 2.

Poll: Tory leader

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:15 - Oct 28 with 847 viewsJackfath

I'd like to see Di Canio tw at Lawrenson for calling him a nutter.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:15 - Oct 28 with 846 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:08 - Oct 28 by Neath_Jack

While mental health is an awful thing, things are going way too far now. He obviously didnt say it in a mocking manner of sufferer's as you well know i'd guess.

We are going to need a new dictionary on what can and can't be said so as to not offend anyone. It wont be a very big book.

Everyone, stop getting offended on others behalfs please.

You don't need to be a sufferer of mental health to be offended by his comments...it was inappropriate it makes me wonder what his relationship is like with Garth Crooks. Lawro seems to have old school thoughts and behaviours not needed in todays television..

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:18 - Oct 28 with 826 viewsJackfath

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:15 - Oct 28 by jackportis

You don't need to be a sufferer of mental health to be offended by his comments...it was inappropriate it makes me wonder what his relationship is like with Garth Crooks. Lawro seems to have old school thoughts and behaviours not needed in todays television..

I reckon Lawro fists Garth and that's why his eyes pop out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:23 - Oct 28 with 817 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:18 - Oct 28 by Jackfath

I reckon Lawro fists Garth and that's why his eyes pop out.

think Jimmy Saville did match of the day a couple of times didn't he? Garth Crooks and Lawro are kept apart at the BBC. Fact

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:35 - Oct 28 with 803 viewsNeath_Jack

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:15 - Oct 28 by jackportis

You're being very silly and over dramatic.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:40 - Oct 28 with 792 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:35 - Oct 28 by Neath_Jack

You're being very silly and over dramatic.

Maybe you are right however I expect to see football when I watch MOTD 2 not listen to stone age, bigoted comments it was like Bernard Manning was speaking.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:51 - Oct 28 with 774 views_

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:23 - Oct 28 by jackportis

think Jimmy Saville did match of the day a couple of times didn't he? Garth Crooks and Lawro are kept apart at the BBC. Fact

Blydi Nora, Garth Crooks looks mental in that photo.....oops!!

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:52 - Oct 28 with 770 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:23 - Oct 28 by jackportis

Hello jackportis

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:58 - Oct 28 with 754 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:52 - Oct 28 by Darran

Hello jackportis

hello bud.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:58 - Oct 28 with 752 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:58 - Oct 28 by jackportis

hello bud.

You remind me of someone though I can't think who.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 21:00 - Oct 28 with 746 viewsjackportis

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 20:58 - Oct 28 by Darran

You remind me of someone though I can't think who.

the little fella no doubt.

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 21:01 - Oct 28 with 742 viewsDarran

Is a draw not acceptable in the Premier League now? on 21:00 - Oct 28 by jackportis

the little fella no doubt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024