Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing at Half Time 19:48 - Nov 10 with 6920 viewsMagicDaps

A small minority seem to think that first half performance warranted boos, not on at all. There was nothing wrong with the first half performance, or the effort from the players. We were creating chances, and controlling the game, we were mounting pressure and looking like scoring all game. Both of their goals came completely against the run of play, with the first one due to Ashley Williams not being on the pitch, but other than that it was complete control from us. No, it wasn't going for us, but not due to a lack of effort or performance and I don't see how booing would have helped the team. Show them some support ffs.

The main problem at half time, was the negativity in the ground. Bony was getting stick, and shut any body right up with him now on 10 goals in 13 starts. He's lethal, a great striker and we're fortunate to have a player of his calibre, why people think getting on his back because of his lack of pace is a good idea I don't know, as he's not going to be able to improve his pace and it's not essential to him as a striker. The performance was fine, we were playing well, the only thing we were missing until we got our first goal was some support from all section of the ground.

We're a very good side, we're showing it, we're not going to be in contention for relegation and will get a top half finish. Results aren't going for us at this moment in time, but they will be at some point if we can keep playing like this. We've reacted brilliantly on the field since the Cardiff game, and can be proud of our performances in the last two games going in to the International break ready to come out of it just as strong.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Booing at Half Time on 23:33 - Nov 10 with 1787 viewsLeonisGod

Booing at Half Time on 21:52 - Nov 10 by C_jack

Well I respectfully disagree, first half performance for me was nowhere near good enough. Bony never looked like scoring with his feet, a few decent heading opportunities was about it. No passing, no movement. Stoke couldn't believe their luck.

Don't headed goals count now?

Regarding how we are playing. We are not clicking, that's easy to see. But we are getting better. If WBA at home last season was a 10, our performances now are at about 7.
Booing at Half Time on 08:30 - Nov 11 with 1734 views2face

Fans booing their own team are the lowest scum there is imo.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 8:31]
Booing at Half Time on 09:10 - Nov 11 with 1703 viewsTokijo

Booing at half time.? Think all those fans need to need to get a grip - that Swans are not world beaters. Terrific second half performance coming back form 0-2 down.
Booing at Half Time on 10:23 - Nov 11 with 1673 viewsUxbridge

Booing at Half Time on 21:29 - Nov 10 by exiledclaseboy

We were nowhere near as bad in the first half as is being made out. Nowhere near.

Quite. The only difference between the two halves was we took our chances ... mainly because of the chasing that totally wore them down to the point they could barely walk for the last 10 minutes.

We spent half-time debating how entertaining the two week meltdown would be. We saw signs with some of the posts from the usual suspects around that time. I almost feel more cheated about that than the corrupt officiating.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Booing at Half Time on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 1661 viewsJonTheJack

We weren't good in the first half, but there was absolutely no grounds for the boos. We were creating chances and got hit by two sucker punches, it happens.

I will say that JDG was utter shoite yet again, though. The most frustrating player I've seen for many years; bundles of ability but really needs to speed up what he does.
Booing at Half Time on 10:46 - Nov 11 with 1659 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I’m quite surprised by some of the responses to this thread, I was expecting the half time booing, the first half was so frustrating to watch. I expected a reaction from the players yesterday after last weekend, the first half performance was not it.

1. The movement off the ball was baffling, nobody seemed to know what others were doing around them.
2. Rangel was often a lone figure in acres of space out wide but was ignored on more than one occasion.
3. De Guzman was anonymous in the first half and I don’t think he passed the ball forward once (even when he had the option to do so).
4. Routledge had no idea how or where to cross the ball when given the chance.
5. Bony missed 2 sitters.
6. It says a lot that our best player in the 1st half was Lamah.

The second half was exactly the reaction I was hoping for. I was surprised to see JDG come out, he should have come off sooner,. Shelvey added a bite that was missing in the first half and Dyer scared the sh!t out of the full back. Ben came into the game more and we didn’t play quite as narrow. We had players in the box to attack the crosses which didn’t happen earlier in the game.

Overall, thanks to second half, I was pleased with todays performance, it should help the confidence, it’s just a shame the ref ruined the day. If in doubt, don’t give the penalty! There is no way he was 100% sure it was a penalty, not from his angle.

Booing at Half Time on 10:55 - Nov 11 with 1643 views_

Booing at Half Time on 10:46 - Nov 11 by Jack_y_Jwc

I’m quite surprised by some of the responses to this thread, I was expecting the half time booing, the first half was so frustrating to watch. I expected a reaction from the players yesterday after last weekend, the first half performance was not it.

1. The movement off the ball was baffling, nobody seemed to know what others were doing around them.
2. Rangel was often a lone figure in acres of space out wide but was ignored on more than one occasion.
3. De Guzman was anonymous in the first half and I don’t think he passed the ball forward once (even when he had the option to do so).
4. Routledge had no idea how or where to cross the ball when given the chance.
5. Bony missed 2 sitters.
6. It says a lot that our best player in the 1st half was Lamah.

The second half was exactly the reaction I was hoping for. I was surprised to see JDG come out, he should have come off sooner,. Shelvey added a bite that was missing in the first half and Dyer scared the sh!t out of the full back. Ben came into the game more and we didn’t play quite as narrow. We had players in the box to attack the crosses which didn’t happen earlier in the game.

Overall, thanks to second half, I was pleased with todays performance, it should help the confidence, it’s just a shame the ref ruined the day. If in doubt, don’t give the penalty! There is no way he was 100% sure it was a penalty, not from his angle.

You actually took time and effort to write that.

Its a real insight into the mind of a clueless boo-type supporter and there are two or three in this thread.

There is no point trying to point out your blatant misreading of a football game, except maybe to say, what a fantastic cross for Bony's and Swansea's opener, a goal that got the show back on the road.

And as for the first half, i'd say it was our best first half performance of the season. Chances came thick and fast against a big defensive unit that were fit and strong then.

If it wasn't for the constant pressure we put them under THE WHOLE GAME we wouldn't have had them out on their feet from 60 minutes on.

We were cheated by a ref that we really should be investigating as a club, we are cheated of real supporters when we have clowns like you and latchford "latching" on to us.

Please go.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Booing at Half Time on 11:02 - Nov 11 with 1641 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I never said I booed, just that I expected the booing.

The first goal was superb, Leon's pass to JDG was special and credit to De Guzman, the cross was spot, but until then JDG frustrated me all whole game.

Football is all about opinion...the first half has clearly split opinion.

Login to get fewer ads

Booing at Half Time on 12:00 - Nov 11 with 1618 viewsC_jack

Booing at Half Time on 10:55 - Nov 11 by _

You actually took time and effort to write that.

Its a real insight into the mind of a clueless boo-type supporter and there are two or three in this thread.

There is no point trying to point out your blatant misreading of a football game, except maybe to say, what a fantastic cross for Bony's and Swansea's opener, a goal that got the show back on the road.

And as for the first half, i'd say it was our best first half performance of the season. Chances came thick and fast against a big defensive unit that were fit and strong then.

If it wasn't for the constant pressure we put them under THE WHOLE GAME we wouldn't have had them out on their feet from 60 minutes on.

We were cheated by a ref that we really should be investigating as a club, we are cheated of real supporters when we have clowns like you and latchford "latching" on to us.

Please go.

How can LOSING 2-0 at HT be classed as our best first half performance of the season. No words can describe that statement.

I don't know what game/sport you were watching, but it most certainly wasn't the one at the Liberty yesterday.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Booing at Half Time on 12:35 - Nov 11 with 1593 views_

Booing at Half Time on 12:00 - Nov 11 by C_jack

How can LOSING 2-0 at HT be classed as our best first half performance of the season. No words can describe that statement.

I don't know what game/sport you were watching, but it most certainly wasn't the one at the Liberty yesterday.

Because they scored with their only 2 chances of the half. One with Ash off the pitch and a slip from Ben.

Pork, educate, you certainly can not.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Booing at Half Time on 12:37 - Nov 11 with 1596 viewsdeanscfc

JDG got us back in that game. I doubt that anybody else in the team would have had the quality to play that cross to Bony. Bony is the sort of player who needs those crosses to score.
Booing at Half Time on 12:46 - Nov 11 with 1576 viewsMillJack

Booing at Half Time on 12:00 - Nov 11 by C_jack

Aaaah, we have another one who can't separate scoreline from performance.

The fact is we absolutely battered them 1st half and the only thing that was different from the 2nd half was that we didn't have any goals to show for it.

I remember playing Northampton at the Vetch in front of the Sky cameras I think (Friday night??). basically they completely outplayed us from start to finish yet we won the game 4-1.

If you can't see that our performance in the 1st half was excellent then I feel sorry for you.
Booing at Half Time on 12:48 - Nov 11 with 1574 viewsGretsch

Booing at Half Time on 20:13 - Nov 10 by saawonzee

Were you one of the co*ks around me who where going nuts when we dared to pass the ball backwards when we were losing, but clapping and shouting well played when we were playing the same balls when we came back ??? People on the singing part of the east stand need to get a fuc8ing grip !!!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2013 20:28]

On the singing end Well i sit (stand) there and let me tell you whilst a lot of the booing came from the just off middle section of East, between the drummer and half way, there were mostly people calling the booers cocks for that, so don't paint everyone with the same brush. Try and get your end singing.
Booing at Half Time on 13:53 - Nov 11 with 1527 viewsC_jack

Booing at Half Time on 12:46 - Nov 11 by MillJack

Aaaah, we have another one who can't separate scoreline from performance.

The fact is we absolutely battered them 1st half and the only thing that was different from the 2nd half was that we didn't have any goals to show for it.

I remember playing Northampton at the Vetch in front of the Sky cameras I think (Friday night??). basically they completely outplayed us from start to finish yet we won the game 4-1.

If you can't see that our performance in the 1st half was excellent then I feel sorry for you.

No don't feel sorry for me buddy, it's you I feel sorry for, sounding like your tripping away in rosey spectacle la la land.

F**k, how do you think Laudrups half time talk went? "Well done Lads that was the best performance of the season" He gave them a rollocking I hope, and rightly so.

Battered them? that's propaganda Joseph Goebbells would have blushed at.

Booing at Half Time on 13:57 - Nov 11 with 1521 viewsC_jack

Booing at Half Time on 12:35 - Nov 11 by _

Because they scored with their only 2 chances of the half. One with Ash off the pitch and a slip from Ben.

Pork, educate, you certainly can not.

There you go then, I live in a world where the scoreline is what counts.

"As long as we play well lads, don't worry if the other team scores"
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 13:57]

Booing at Half Time on 13:57 - Nov 11 with 1444 views_

Booing at Half Time on 13:53 - Nov 11 by C_jack

No don't feel sorry for me buddy, it's you I feel sorry for, sounding like your tripping away in rosey spectacle la la land.

F**k, how do you think Laudrups half time talk went? "Well done Lads that was the best performance of the season" He gave them a rollocking I hope, and rightly so.

Battered them? that's propaganda Joseph Goebbells would have blushed at.

Errr no he didn't, maybe in your la-la-misery land he did...In reality, you're way off the mark - no surprise there.

""Laudrup from the BBC""

"We still continued to play, created two or three chances. I said to the players we have to continue and believe in what we are doing, [it was an] absolutely fantastic second half.

WE HAVE TO CONTINUE!!!

Booing at Half Time on 14:02 - Nov 11 with 1445 viewsC_jack

Booing at Half Time on 13:57 - Nov 11 by _

Errr no he didn't, maybe in your la-la-misery land he did...In reality, you're way off the mark - no surprise there.

""Laudrup from the BBC""

"We still continued to play, created two or three chances. I said to the players we have to continue and believe in what we are doing, [it was an] absolutely fantastic second half.

WE HAVE TO CONTINUE!!!

Well he's not going to come out and say he told them to shift their arse and get into the game is he? Are you purposefully being naive? Have you ever been in a dressing room?

Booing at Half Time on 14:10 - Nov 11 with 1439 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Words must have been said at half time because there was more about us in the second half - more urgency and composure. Once Shelvey came on we also had more bite, which helped the midfield.

Booing at Half Time on 14:18 - Nov 11 with 1419 viewsperchrockjack

People were also happy about then way played at Cardiff and thought our play superb.
Aye,results ,who d have them,

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Booing at Half Time on 14:28 - Nov 11 with 1413 viewsJackSomething

Booing at Half Time on 14:18 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

People were also happy about then way played at Cardiff and thought our play superb.

I haven't seen one person say they were happy with how we played at Cardiff.

Amazed you have the cheek to post on this forum this morning. I suspect had Stoke not been gifted a point, you'd be somewhere else, unhappy that we'd won.

Also amazed that some still aren't getting the fact that due to the way we play, we are almost always going to do better in the second half of games, once we've exhausted our opponents by making them run all over the pitch in search of the ball.

Not that our first half performance was bad, far from it. The same old clueless types wheeling out their nonsense though.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Booing at Half Time on 14:54 - Nov 11 with 1391 viewsperchrockjack

JS.

You re one of the better ones .TRUST ME those words were used and Im not going to name the poster as Im too nice.

The chuite coming my way was expected by the same crew,JOBBIE, CLASIE,CHRISSY AND RAYLOR sadly.

I honestl thought I d declared war on Iran to be honest.

My typing was gross no question but when you see dedeicated used to describe one fan it shows and proves much what this site is about. A bad do all around

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Booing at Half Time on 15:43 - Nov 11 with 1384 viewsMillJack

Booing at Half Time on 14:18 - Nov 11 by perchrockjack

WTF are you talking about?

We were toothless against Cardiff and I don't think anyone has said any different. HOWEVER, anybody who watched the 1st half yesterday should have seen that it was a 1000% improvement on last week. It started early on when Pozuelo had a shot turned away following some lovely interplay on the right, it continued with the De Guzman's(??) volley that he should have finished and Bony's headed chance that he also should have done better with.

In between all of that we were caught by two suckerpunches, one due (partly) to Ash being off the pitch and the other because of a slip from Ben Davies.

In a lot of ways it reminded me of the Reading game last season when we found ourselves 2-0 down having been by far the better side.

We SHOULD have been at least level at half-time after admittedly being wasteful in front of goal, we were simply less wasteful in the 2nd half but our football was excellent all night.
Booing at Half Time on 15:58 - Nov 11 with 1369 viewsmonmouth

I can't even begin with some of the arse on this thread.

No, just can't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Booing at Half Time on 16:02 - Nov 11 with 1363 viewsJackanapes

Cardiff was three games ago. Its a bit desperate if people are still dragging that up. Especially when those very people are very often mocking those that compare our performances to last season for reference purposes. We are as good as our last half of football at all times. So right now, we are AWESOME.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2013 16:09]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Booing at Half Time on 18:01 - Nov 11 with 1318 viewsjohnlangy

Booing at Half Time on 20:04 - Nov 10 by latchford

You must watch a different game to me. If you can't beat teams like that we'll struggle to stay up

Hes a red.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024