Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. 16:38 - Nov 13 with 6252 viewsNOTRAC

There is a massive bias by the Welsh F A towards matches taking place at the Cardiff City stadium rather than at the Liberty.In the World Cup qualifiers four out of the five home games were played at Cardiff and only the game against Croatia was played at Swansea.
It could be argued that the reason for this is the fact that Cardiff has the greater capacity, but only once (Scotland 23429) was the attendance above the capacity of tHe Liberty.
Indeed the crowd at the Croatia game (12534) was higher than the crowd at Cardiff to see Macedonia(11257) and Serbia (10923).
Indeed only 6323 turned up at Cardiff to see Australia in a friendly international in August 2011 .
Once again Cardiff has been chosen for the friendly against Finland and to boost sales we are being told that children go in for a pound.
The Liberty has not been chosen for one big name International, friendly or otherwise since it was built.
This bias towards Cardiff will probably mean that the Liberty won,t even have a decent qualifying game even after the ground capacity has been increased.
I personally find the idea of going to the Cardiff City Stadium to watch Wales play ,a turnoff, and I am sure I am not the only one.
If Swansea is not going to be chosen on a fair basis in the future, I would prefer to see the games return to the Millenium Stadium.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:43 - Nov 13 with 3432 viewsorion3016

Good point
The days of 74000 going to millennium to watch Azerbaijan like in 2003 are a million miles away so I doubt we will be rushing back there for sometime
I also can't bring myself to attending Legoland as there are too many knob eds abusing our players
From an monetary point of view clearly swansea are losing out

Be over there now after

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:48 - Nov 13 with 3414 viewsscottishjack

It has been this way for as long as I can remember (37 years old)?

I seem to remember a lot of games being played at the Racecourse as well when I was younger?
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:54 - Nov 13 with 3402 viewsJBT95

I think they just play it in Cardiff as it's the capital tbf, generally we get better crowds there too than elsewhere.

Parc y Scarlets' friendlies have attracted around 5000 fans a time I think too.

I don't think the Racecourse is allowed to host FIFA/UEFA games any more.

I don't mind going to the CCS, it's crap compared to the Liberty, but at least it's somewhere different to go (plus its 12 miles away from me compared to 50!).

Getting back to the Millennium would be great but only if we had 40k+ in there. If we were to draw England again we'd play there for sure.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 16:55]
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:56 - Nov 13 with 3393 viewsjohnlangy

Once again i've emailed the FA to ask (politely) why they choose to stage so many matches at the CCS as compared with the Liberty. I'll post when/if they reply.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. (n/t) on 16:57 - Nov 13 with 3391 viewswelshman79

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:54 - Nov 13 by JBT95

I think they just play it in Cardiff as it's the capital tbf, generally we get better crowds there too than elsewhere.

Parc y Scarlets' friendlies have attracted around 5000 fans a time I think too.

I don't think the Racecourse is allowed to host FIFA/UEFA games any more.

I don't mind going to the CCS, it's crap compared to the Liberty, but at least it's somewhere different to go (plus its 12 miles away from me compared to 50!).

Getting back to the Millennium would be great but only if we had 40k+ in there. If we were to draw England again we'd play there for sure.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 16:55]

[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 16:58]
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:59 - Nov 13 with 3379 viewswelshman79

It's the capitol city, a much nicer city and a better stadium what do you expect
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:04 - Nov 13 with 3362 viewstreboethjack

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:59 - Nov 13 by welshman79

It's the capitol city, a much nicer city and a better stadium what do you expect

What exactly makes it a better stadium then?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:08 - Nov 13 with 3346 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 16:59 - Nov 13 by welshman79

It's 'capital' you thick c*nt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:14 - Nov 13 with 3332 viewsSenhin

It's easier for people to get to Cardiff.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:14 - Nov 13 with 3331 viewsEdmundo

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:04 - Nov 13 by treboethjack

What exactly makes it a better stadium then?

Cos its bigger mun and bigger means better don't you know!

Its mainly because the little darlings in Kairdiff region, just can't drag their arses down here for any sort of game (unless it involves the red birds)

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:22 - Nov 13 with 3304 viewsQuakerJack

Imagine how the north walians feel

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 17:23 - Nov 13 with 3297 viewsJBT95

The Stadium is crap, cheap and plastic, no doubt just to have a bigger capacity than ours. When it rains, a lot of people get wet, including the management & playing staff!!

I laughed at the Derby the other day, joke about to my mates saying they have a racing track in the concourse, to find a burger van to be parked in there.
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:05 - Nov 13 with 3223 viewsdgt73

This is one of the reasons I dont go and watch Welsh matches anymore. If they shared the matches around I might start to watch them again, until then fuk um.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:06 - Nov 13 with 3219 viewsdgt73

Nicer stadium your having a laugh. What a plank

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:07 - Nov 13 with 3219 viewsDarran

The games should be shared out but the CCS is a better stadium than the Lib.
Not the point though.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:11 - Nov 13 with 3210 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:07 - Nov 13 by Darran

The games should be shared out but the CCS is a better stadium than the Lib.
Not the point though.

In what way is it better.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:14 - Nov 13 with 3204 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:11 - Nov 13 by dgt73

Its bigger for starters.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 3196 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:14 - Nov 13 by Darran

Its bigger for starters.

Yes you are correct. But I made no reference to stadium size.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:21 - Nov 13 with 3191 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:19 - Nov 13 by dgt73

Yes you are correct. But I made no reference to stadium size.

I didn't say you did.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:23 - Nov 13 with 3186 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:21 - Nov 13 by Darran

I didn't say you did.

And i didn't say you did.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:24 - Nov 13 with 3180 viewsJBT95

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:05 - Nov 13 by dgt73

This is one of the reasons I dont go and watch Welsh matches anymore. If they shared the matches around I might start to watch them again, until then fuk um.

We could do with people like you not turning up tbh.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 18:24]
Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:24 - Nov 13 with 3175 viewsDarran

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:23 - Nov 13 by dgt73

And i didn't say you did.

And people say this site is dying,all I did was say the CCS was a better stadium than the Lib and then you get this crap.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:25 - Nov 13 with 3172 viewsdgt73

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:24 - Nov 13 by JBT95

We could do with people like you not turning up tbh.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2013 18:24]

Thank fuk for that.

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:26 - Nov 13 with 3167 viewsDyfnant

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:11 - Nov 13 by dgt73

They've got a bookies

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Liberty not having a fair deal with International Matches. on 18:26 - Nov 13 with 3167 viewsDr_Winston

If the game's rubbish you can break bits off and make other things with them to entertain yourself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024