Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Buenos Aries? 13:37 - Jan 6 with 1746 viewsswanny

Looking for advice about currency xx

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Anyone been to Buenos Aries? on 13:42 - Jan 6 with 1740 viewspansypants

I believe they do accept it there.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Anyone been to Buenos Aries? on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 1735 viewsLord_Bony

Avoid the tourist traps and things you should not do in Buenos Aires. Your vacation time is precious.
With so many top 10 things to do in Buenos Aires lists, best of Argentina articles and travel forums full of thousands of recommendations I thought we would do the complete opposite. In any city there are tourist traps and things Argentina travel veterans know not to do. Here is our helping hand to you.
1. The most basic of basic things to NOT do in Buenos Aires:
-Do not under any circumstances exchange currency at the airport booths. It is bordering on robbery right now with exchange rates below the official rate. You automatically get the official rate when withdrawing from an ATM. You could get an even better rate by paying in cash USD, Euros or Sterling depending on the place and what you are buying. If you must get some pesos at the airport go to either the Banco Nacion bank or use your debit card at the airport ATM.
-Avoid taking a random taxi from Retiro bus/train station, EZE international airport, the Buque Bus port station and the MALBA museum. These 4 locations are notorious for having dishonest cab drivers that run scams. Arrange EZE airport transportation ahead of time or use one of the indoor, I repeat indoor booths there. At the MALBA, Buque Bus and Retiro locations, walk a few blocks away from the entrances and hail a cab. Here some more general tips on EZE International airport arrivals.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Anyone been to Buenos Aries? on 13:57 - Jan 6 with 1716 viewsswanny

I've heard that there two rates of exchange, an Official rate and a 'blue rate' - any one have any experience of this?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024