Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough Memorial 15:32 - Apr 15 with 768 viewsJackfath

A fitting tribute. Moving speeches by two great managers, Rogers and Martinez.

Such an awful day to have to go through for the families, hopefully they can find comfort in the times ahead.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hillsborough Memorial on 15:35 - Apr 15 with 754 viewsperchrockjack

Some utter poisonous comments around fathy on the lines of scouse victims etc.

I put a Swansea shirt there a few years ago and shortly after had a chat with several at the memorial clearly genuinely traumatised.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Hillsborough Memorial on 16:05 - Apr 15 with 713 viewsCooperman

I have no ties to the city or club whatsoever and would go as far as saying that my dislike for the club is on a par with that for Manure. However I feel somewhat humbled by watching the Sky News coverage this afternoon and observed the minutes silence myself. Two very good speeches by the Merseyside managers and excellent contributions from all of the other participants. RIP to the 96.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hillsborough Memorial on 16:11 - Apr 15 with 692 viewsjackharris

As a 13 year old standing on the East Terrace (watching us play Wigan) listening to my Walkman/radio I will never forget the words of the late Peter Jones who never recovered. Rest in Peace the 96 fans who never came back.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Hillsborough Memorial on 16:14 - Apr 15 with 684 viewsGretsch

I think we watch it on TV and divorce ourselves from it. To us possibly similar to when you pass a car crash, you slow up for a while, soon forget and then carry on at your normal speed.

To them it's their lives, their children, fathers, brothers, sisters, they live it day in day out. 25 years is probably just another day for them, they dont forget, they cant forget, but it is a chance for others irrespective of feelings against for the clubs to show you remember too.

And the Swansea fans at least, did it proud on Sunday in our tribute.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 16:15]
Hillsborough Memorial on 18:25 - Apr 15 with 598 viewsperchrockjack

dislike manure Chelsea intensely but if had been them would have felt the same.

People should be aware for what this area (Merseyside) was like the day after.

If you think of those unfortunate miners in and multiply it many times you ll get the drift.

My wife still works in Liverpool and went out today ;place is rather solemn but very united and will stand together as they have done no matter what adversity. Its a city with still too great problems but its fighting back as it always has done and you ll not find more genuine people . Its why millions come here to visit every year

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:26 - Apr 15 with 594 viewsDarran

I cannot lie,they could have done with a better choir.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:27 - Apr 15 with 590 viewsJackfath

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:26 - Apr 15 by Darran

I cannot lie,they could have done with a better choir.

I thought they were excellent.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:28 - Apr 15 with 587 viewsDarran

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:27 - Apr 15 by Jackfath

I thought they were excellent.

Really?

Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:29 - Apr 15 with 586 viewsperchrockjack

Not many Welsh choirs around here

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:30 - Apr 15 with 583 viewsJackfath

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:28 - Apr 15 by Darran

Really?

The reminded me of the East-side comedy band in the Mumbles carnival back in the late 1970's early 1980s before the police stopped the carnival as there was too much fighting on the Castle Field.

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:34 - Apr 15 with 570 viewsDarran

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:30 - Apr 15 by Jackfath

The reminded me of the East-side comedy band in the Mumbles carnival back in the late 1970's early 1980s before the police stopped the carnival as there was too much fighting on the Castle Field.

They didn't have enough Hwyl for me.

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:36 - Apr 15 with 560 viewsJackfath

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:34 - Apr 15 by Darran

They didn't have enough Hwyl for me.

No, being honest, they were a bit below par. Perhaps there was another reason why they were there?

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:40 - Apr 15 with 553 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone who has listened to or watched that today and wasn't moved must have ice in their veins. You only have to give a fleeting thought to what if that was us. Doesn't bear thinking about.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Hillsborough Memorial on 18:42 - Apr 15 with 549 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed NJ

Hillsborough Memorial on 20:18 - Apr 15 with 493 viewssnork44

I echo everything that has been said about the Memorial today. But the best thing to happen is for the Police Officers responsible to be prosecuted and be given jail time and treated like scum, like the way they treated not only the Liverpool fans that day, but the way they treated football fans in the 70s,80s and the 90s. That would be a true tribute to the 96.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Hillsborough Memorial on 20:40 - Apr 15 with 464 viewsperchrockjack

Perfectly. Understandable reaction . Looking further back you can understandeople wanting our country for our whole scale abuse of countries we colonised

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024