Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Jenkins 12:18 - May 24 with 1947 viewsSgorioFruit

ex Swan (1990-1995) Steve Jenkins born in Merthyr has taken over as Merthyr Town manager.
Merthyr fans are absolutely chuffed with this.
Steve knows Welsh football inside out having played for the Swans, Cardiff, Newport County and Llanelli (player assistant manager to Andy legg).
Aswel as playing for English clubs Huddersfield, Birmingham, Notts County, Peterborough, Swindon and Worcester.
also achieved 16 caps for Wales international team.
and his first proper managerial post was at Monmouth Town last year.

is he the guy to take them up to the next divison? which everyone in Merthyr so desperately craves after narrowly missing out on promotion for the last two seasons.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Steve Jenkins on 12:54 - May 24 with 1840 viewsswanjackal

Genuinely, do not remember him passing the ball forward in a Swans shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Steve Jenkins on 13:15 - May 24 with 1752 viewsNOTRAC

What has happened to Gary Shephard?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Steve Jenkins on 13:32 - May 24 with 1712 viewsorion3016

Steve Jenkins on 13:15 - May 24 by NOTRAC

What has happened to Gary Shephard?

Resigned at end of season

Be over there now after

Steve Jenkins on 16:29 - May 24 with 1499 viewsicecoldjack

Thought he was a really good player for us, not sure about him not passing it forward i have to say .
Steve Jenkins on 16:35 - May 24 with 1492 viewsswanjackal

Steve Jenkins on 16:29 - May 24 by icecoldjack

Thought he was a really good player for us, not sure about him not passing it forward i have to say .

He was good at the time, but his mantra always seemed to be "get ball, push forward over half way, stop, look around, pass sideways to Cornforth, or back to Walker/Harris". First player I genuinely got frustrated at, but certainly not the last.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Steve Jenkins on 17:39 - May 24 with 1407 viewsScoobyWho

Steve Jenkins on 12:54 - May 24 by swanjackal

Genuinely, do not remember him passing the ball forward in a Swans shirt.

I saw him pass it forty yards once in to the top corner at Exeter once in a Cup tie.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Steve Jenkins on 17:43 - May 24 with 1395 viewsswanjackal

Steve Jenkins on 17:39 - May 24 by ScoobyWho

I saw him pass it forty yards once in to the top corner at Exeter once in a Cup tie.

Which is testament to why I got frustrated with his play :P

Steve Jenkins on 18:23 - May 24 with 1346 viewsmarchamjack

One of my favoutires in the Frankie Burrows team of the time. Always gave 100%. Good player at that level.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Jenkins on 18:36 - May 24 with 1321 viewsswanjackal

Steve Jenkins on 18:23 - May 24 by marchamjack

One of my favoutires in the Frankie Burrows team of the time. Always gave 100%. Good player at that level.

Snap, even though I used to go down before then most games, when Burrows took over was coming to the age where football rivalry really started to take over for me and coming from a predominantly Cardiff town at the time, loved the feeling on the North Bank and began the rivalry with mates. The 92/93 season in paticular (and the Action Matchwinner kits) will always be iconic to my upbringing.

Edit: sorry misread your post, thought you said that team were one of your favourites, not that Jenkins was one of favourites of that team. Jenkins was decent at hat level, but not by any means a favourite of mine.
[Post edited 24 May 2014 19:21]

Steve Jenkins on 19:14 - May 24 with 1282 viewsswancity

Decidedly average lower league journey man of limited ability but strangely worthy of a place on the Robbie James wall of fame. Wall of mediocrity in his case it must be said.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Steve Jenkins on 19:47 - May 24 with 1241 viewsGowerjack

Steve Jenkins on 16:35 - May 24 by swanjackal

He was good at the time, but his mantra always seemed to be "get ball, push forward over half way, stop, look around, pass sideways to Cornforth, or back to Walker/Harris". First player I genuinely got frustrated at, but certainly not the last.

Surely you're getting him mixed up with Mickey Howard?

Jenkins was much better than that....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Steve Jenkins on 19:49 - May 24 with 1236 viewsswanjackal

Steve Jenkins on 19:47 - May 24 by Gowerjack

Surely you're getting him mixed up with Mickey Howard?

Jenkins was much better than that....

Nope, but that does not mean the same criticism does not apply.

Steve Jenkins on 23:09 - May 24 with 1159 viewsTNT

Didn't Doug Sharpe get a pretty good price for Steve Jenkins? Think it was from Huddersfield.

What Doug did with that money is another matter!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Steve Jenkins on 09:24 - May 25 with 1058 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Jenkins on 16:35 - May 24 by swanjackal

That's not a bad assessment really. I completely understand the frustration part, standing on the North Bank watching him bomb on and then.....nothing. Decent player but I used to think he was a bit overrated. I remember being surprised when he got a Wales cap, even back in those days when my granny could have got called up.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Jenkins on 11:19 - May 25 with 1002 viewsSgorioFruit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27558513

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024