Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a crap season its been 23:52 - Apr 26 with 4263 viewsJethroJack

39pts with 2 (winnable) games to go.

Bloody hell, we're in grave danger of getting to 45pts, only one shy of last season, in spite of 12 extra Europa League games, where we performed admirably.

Last season....often described as our best ever with the COC win and all.

This season....often described by all the doom-merchants on here as being crap.

Keep some perspective, FFS.....and spare us all the over-reaction
What a crap season its been on 23:57 - Apr 26 with 3279 viewsDarran

Great post.
We've got some stupid f*cking fans but unfortunately they'll still be here next season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What a crap season its been on 23:59 - Apr 26 with 3260 views1jack

What a crap season its been on 23:57 - Apr 26 by Darran

Great post.
We've got some stupid f*cking fans but unfortunately they'll still be here next season.

Without stupid fans we wouldn't feel as superior, which we are.
What a crap season its been on 23:59 - Apr 26 with 3258 viewsSwanseajill

You forgot to place at the bottom of your list Jethro."....Hindsight near the end of the season.
What a crap season its been on 00:13 - Apr 27 with 3200 viewsJethroJack

What a crap season its been on 23:57 - Apr 26 by Darran

Great post.

Yes.....and what price we get some more pearlers on here if we don't quite hit the heights against Southampton and/or Sunderland.

Seems like only yesterday that we were contemplating a tough first premier league season and the possibility of second season syndrome etc. Now we've got a FOURTH season in the top flight to savour......NEVER BEEN BETTER
What a crap season its been on 00:19 - Apr 27 with 3182 viewsJethroJack

What a crap season its been on 23:59 - Apr 26 by Swanseajill

You forgot to place at the bottom of your list Jethro."....Hindsight near the end of the season.

No need to qualify what I've said as having the benefit of hindsight....the doom & gloom merchants and drama queens have been getting on my wick most of the season, as I've frequently mentioned
What a crap season its been on 01:00 - Apr 27 with 3092 viewsSwanseajill

What a crap season its been on 00:19 - Apr 27 by JethroJack

No need to qualify what I've said as having the benefit of hindsight....the doom & gloom merchants and drama queens have been getting on my wick most of the season, as I've frequently mentioned

I agree, there have been many doom merchants that have enhanced the truth that would've put Walter Mitty to shame.

If its your team then your support is constant, for better or worst. There are too many on here who feel they know better than the club staff on how to play the tactics, how to spend the clubs funds, how to pick the team, and how much better they can do the managers job.

So many feel that the club was wrong in changing the manager, yet none of them know the real reason that he was dismissed. Some of the posters who who have been on here since the jack army days, are sick of the tripe that's classed as FACTS and rarely post here nowadays.
What a crap season its been on 06:46 - Apr 27 with 2950 viewsDr_Winston

After spending £20m+ on a mid table, cup winning squad, to be unsure of survival until the last couple of games isn't great no matter which way you spin it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What a crap season its been on 07:08 - Apr 27 with 2917 viewsdameedna

What a crap season its been on 06:46 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

After spending £20m+ on a mid table, cup winning squad, to be unsure of survival until the last couple of games isn't great no matter which way you spin it.

not one pundit or supporter of other teams believed we will go down

that is some achievement

not great but acceptable

not winning back to back games hints that we were lucky to win the cup and we are better off not winning the cup again

onwards to a normal season, keeping hold of the players we have and cups as a bonus

it is the first season for some of our players and holding them together is going to be key, including Emnes who brings some much needed flair
Login to get fewer ads

What a crap season its been on 07:22 - Apr 27 with 2899 viewsWhiterockin

Sorry Dr but on this one I have to disagree. In this league you either have to spend well over £20M+ to stand still, or get very lucky with your signings.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

What a crap season its been on 07:33 - Apr 27 with 2887 viewsglobus10

I agree £20 m is nothing in the prem.
Trust in the board. They know what they are doing. It's been said before but look at the financial situation 40 miles away and don't even mention Pompey, Leeds etc.
What a crap season its been on 07:38 - Apr 27 with 2869 viewsDr_Winston

Our net spend was bigger than eleven other clubs. Including the Scousers. And we already had a tidy side.

Whatever. The root causes of most of our problems this season are no longer here. Onwards and upwards under Garry (or someone).

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What a crap season its been on 07:42 - Apr 27 with 2855 viewsdgt73

Laughable absolute laughable.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

What a crap season its been on 08:41 - Apr 27 with 2768 viewsswanny

What a crap season its been on 01:00 - Apr 27 by Swanseajill

I agree, there have been many doom merchants that have enhanced the truth that would've put Walter Mitty to shame.

If its your team then your support is constant, for better or worst. There are too many on here who feel they know better than the club staff on how to play the tactics, how to spend the clubs funds, how to pick the team, and how much better they can do the managers job.

So many feel that the club was wrong in changing the manager, yet none of them know the real reason that he was dismissed. Some of the posters who who have been on here since the jack army days, are sick of the tripe that's classed as FACTS and rarely post here nowadays.

Well said.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

What a crap season its been on 08:52 - Apr 27 with 2729 viewsdobjack2

It's been a very frustrating season rather than a crap season. Mainly because of our inconsistent performances on the pitch and the off field issues that appear to have their roots in the pre-season behaviour of a former managers agent. I believe the fallout from that hindered our recruitment and intensified any issues between manager and board leading to an inevitable parting of the ways. Maybe one day we'll hear a reasonably accurate version of what happened.
What a crap season its been on 09:05 - Apr 27 with 2675 viewsNeath_Jack

What a crap season its been on 01:00 - Apr 27 by Swanseajill

"Some of the posters who who have been on here since the jack army days, are sick of the tripe that's classed as FACTS and rarely post here nowadays."

Then there's the rest of us who have been around since the Janet days, who are man enough to stick around and fight the good fight against the plethora of silly people that are about.

Good post though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What a crap season its been on 09:10 - Apr 27 with 2660 views3swan

What a crap season its been on 08:52 - Apr 27 by dobjack2

It's been a very frustrating season rather than a crap season. Mainly because of our inconsistent performances on the pitch and the off field issues that appear to have their roots in the pre-season behaviour of a former managers agent. I believe the fallout from that hindered our recruitment and intensified any issues between manager and board leading to an inevitable parting of the ways. Maybe one day we'll hear a reasonably accurate version of what happened.

Frustrating and inconsistent are the best words to describe it.

We were never going to be higher in the league and most would except that.
No team will be perfect every week, but I agree that the going on last summer affected the ending of ML........it was just when.

We saw the best and worse and never got going into a good run.

Who knows what tomorrow brings, but we are capable of a mid table finish again with a bit of squad strengthening.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:11]
What a crap season its been on 09:17 - Apr 27 with 2621 viewsexiledclaseboy

What a crap season its been on 07:38 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Our net spend was bigger than eleven other clubs. Including the Scousers. And we already had a tidy side.

Whatever. The root causes of most of our problems this season are no longer here. Onwards and upwards under Garry (or someone).

Still carping then?

Poll: Tory leader

What a crap season its been on 09:22 - Apr 27 with 2597 viewsDr_Winston

What a crap season its been on 09:17 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

Still carping then?

You do realise that you're a mere step away from using the phrase "SHUT THE FACK UP YOU MUPPETS!" don't you?

I'm sorry. I shall pretend that it's been an awesome season and nothing at all has even remotely been f*cked up if it makes you happy.

What a crap season its been on 09:28 - Apr 27 with 2545 viewsNeath_Jack

What a crap season its been on 09:22 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

You do realise that you're a mere step away from using the phrase "SHUT THE FACK UP YOU MUPPETS!" don't you?

I'm sorry. I shall pretend that it's been an awesome season and nothing at all has even remotely been f*cked up if it makes you happy.

It has been an awesome season. Safe in this league again, which is always going to be our number one aim, and some everlasting magnificent memories of travelling away to Europe in a very respectable cup run. We have been thoroughly spoilt the last 7 years, and i fear our supporters are turning or turned into Billy Big Bo11ocks who think we have a divine right to be something in this, the greatest league in the world.

We've had some little dips in form, replaced a manager but so what? We're still here for at least another year. I could live with another 4 years like this,

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What a crap season its been on 09:30 - Apr 27 with 2534 viewsChief

performances haven't been great, but we've survived with some breathing space.
this season could make us stronger.

Swansea City with 4th consecutive season at the top level. A remarkable achievement.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What a crap season its been on 09:40 - Apr 27 with 2482 viewsharemscarem

I did not see the game yestaerday (was in Prague), but it seems Swansea are back again. This season is not that bad, but I guess most people will remember it as a confusing and unpretty season.

What a crap season its been on 09:41 - Apr 27 with 2474 viewsharemscarem

What a crap season its been on 09:30 - Apr 27 by Chief

performances haven't been great, but we've survived with some breathing space.
this season could make us stronger.

Swansea City with 4th consecutive season at the top level. A remarkable achievement.

This!

What a crap season its been on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 2476 viewsDarran

What a crap season its been on 09:40 - Apr 27 by haremscarem

I did not see the game yestaerday (was in Prague), but it seems Swansea are back again. This season is not that bad, but I guess most people will remember it as a confusing and unpretty season.

He's gone Butt move on mun.

What a crap season its been on 09:45 - Apr 27 with 2461 viewsDarran

What a crap season its been on 09:17 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

Still carping then?

Swanseas very own Scoucejack.

What a crap season its been on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 2444 viewsDrizzle

We weren't safe when we beat Wigan away last season.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024