Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal 15:08 - Jul 27 with 3006 viewsmagicdaps10

Here we go!!!

Could be a nervous month or so regarding Wilfried Bony.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:22 - Jul 27 with 2124 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I still can't see Rodgers going for him. Not mobile enough to play their style

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:51 - Jul 27 with 1913 viewsicecoldjack

I think Rodgers has been noting public opinion of Wilf up in scouseland and so will give him a miss .

Massive season for Brenden as well, if he spunks away the money and they finish out of champions league he will be under quite a bit pressure IMO .

Personally i think he has done a cracking job there.
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:54 - Jul 27 with 1888 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:51 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I think Rodgers has been noting public opinion of Wilf up in scouseland and so will give him a miss .

Massive season for Brenden as well, if he spunks away the money and they finish out of champions league he will be under quite a bit pressure IMO .

Personally i think he has done a cracking job there.

Rodgers ego wouldn't allow him to be dictated to by public opinion. Not in a million years.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:01 - Jul 27 with 1834 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:54 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

Rodgers ego wouldn't allow him to be dictated to by public opinion. Not in a million years.

I strongly disagree with you on that one.

Rodgers is a very politically aware guy and knows how to play to the masses when needed.

I guarentee you he is well aware of what the public feeling is RE Bony . He will of course choose his own players but he will also listen to whats going on around him .

Brenden isnt a dummy thats for sure.
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:29 - Jul 27 with 1697 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:01 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I strongly disagree with you on that one.

Rodgers is a very politically aware guy and knows how to play to the masses when needed.

I guarentee you he is well aware of what the public feeling is RE Bony . He will of course choose his own players but he will also listen to whats going on around him .

Brenden isnt a dummy thats for sure.

Brendan listens to Brendan. There's not a chance in hell that he will listen to what a load of tracksuited scallies want. You canvas 10000 scousers and they will be split down the middle, same as on here over practically every player.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:31 - Jul 27 with 1659 viewsicecoldjack

We will agree to disagree on this one.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:33 - Jul 27 with 1630 viewsymaohyd

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 15:22 - Jul 27 by Brynmill_Jack

I still can't see Rodgers going for him. Not mobile enough to play their style

Absolutely.

And going by some of the other replies on this thread I'm astonished that people who follow football would think that a Premier League manager would listen to what supporters think before signing a player.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 17:54 - Jul 27 with 1347 viewsItchySphincter

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:29 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

Brendan listens to Brendan. There's not a chance in hell that he will listen to what a load of tracksuited scallies want. You canvas 10000 scousers and they will be split down the middle, same as on here over practically every player.

He's very savvy mind. He wouldn't go for Wilf unless he's already signed a Suarez replacement and can parade Wilf as an 'oytstarnding option'.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:02 - Jul 27 with 1306 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 16:33 - Jul 27 by ymaohyd

Absolutely.

And going by some of the other replies on this thread I'm astonished that people who follow football would think that a Premier League manager would listen to what supporters think before signing a player.

Be astonished all you like, but when a guy like Brenden has quite a few choices/options to choose from, the more politically aware people way up ALL the Pro's and Cons.

Im actually more astounded people who follow football dont think managers take all factors into consideration, especially when replacing somebody of Suarez stature .
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:16 - Jul 27 with 1244 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 17:54 - Jul 27 by ItchySphincter

He's very savvy mind. He wouldn't go for Wilf unless he's already signed a Suarez replacement and can parade Wilf as an 'oytstarnding option'.

He's not going to sign a Suarez replacement and Wilf.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:18 - Jul 27 with 1234 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:02 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Be astonished all you like, but when a guy like Brenden has quite a few choices/options to choose from, the more politically aware people way up ALL the Pro's and Cons.

Im actually more astounded people who follow football dont think managers take all factors into consideration, especially when replacing somebody of Suarez stature .

What or who the fans want, isn't one of those factors.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:20 - Jul 27 with 1223 viewsicecoldjack

But i think he is aware that the fans are expecting somebody in that Suarez mould,more so after the negative feed back the proposed Bony transfer was getting.

I guess we will see soon enough, Brenden wont go for Bony though IMO.
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 1217 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:20 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

But i think he is aware that the fans are expecting somebody in that Suarez mould,more so after the negative feed back the proposed Bony transfer was getting.

I guess we will see soon enough, Brenden wont go for Bony though IMO.

I don't think he will either, nothing to do with the fans though.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:23 - Jul 27 with 1207 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:18 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

I agree , but who the fans DON'T want will be acutely taken on board by Brenden, especially as he has good options
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 1198 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:23 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I agree , but who the fans DON'T want will be acutely taken on board by Brenden, especially as he has good options

Not a chance.

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 1193 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:18 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

I agree , but who the fans DON'T want will be acutely taken on board by Brenden, especially as he has good options elsewhere .
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:26 - Jul 27 with 1187 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:25 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

I agree , but who the fans DON'T want will be acutely taken on board by Brenden, especially as he has good options elsewhere .

Still no chance, how ever you word it

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 1173 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:24 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

Not a chance.

I disagree .

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 23:38 - Jul 27 with 858 viewsymaohyd

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:02 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Utter Bollox

As Brynmill rightly points out, Bony doesn't suit Liverpool's style. to replace Suarez will be nearing an impossibility. Remy would have been playing to similar strengths
If Bony was valued at £10 odd mill, there's a possibility that Rodgers might have gone for him as a plan B, option

It's frankly ridiculous to suggest that Rodgers would be taking on board the thoughts of supporters prior to signing a player. Possibly if that player had for example a criminal conviction, but not in terms of gauging fans reactions as to that player's general suitability.

Brendan's in the boot room.'i really fancy Bony at Swansea, if we play with greater width, get him to play attacking crosses, he could be a real option for us, but I need to check what the Kop thinks first'...really!

It's frankly ridiculous to sug

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 23:42 - Jul 27 with 843 viewsymaohyd

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 23:38 - Jul 27 by ymaohyd

Utter Bollox

As Brynmill rightly points out, Bony doesn't suit Liverpool's style. to replace Suarez will be nearing an impossibility. Remy would have been playing to similar strengths
If Bony was valued at £10 odd mill, there's a possibility that Rodgers might have gone for him as a plan B, option

It's frankly ridiculous to suggest that Rodgers would be taking on board the thoughts of supporters prior to signing a player. Possibly if that player had for example a criminal conviction, but not in terms of gauging fans reactions as to that player's general suitability.

Brendan's in the boot room.'i really fancy Bony at Swansea, if we play with greater width, get him to play attacking crosses, he could be a real option for us, but I need to check what the Kop thinks first'...really!

It's frankly ridiculous to sug

Oops, sorry for bit on end, typing on my mobile!

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:08 - Jul 28 with 795 viewsicecoldjack

Think what you like.

Brendan is a politically aware guy, that was and is my main point .

He is clever enough to know that there is a perception from supporters,media,etc that buying players from a 15th placed team isnt going to enhance Liverpool and make them stronger.

He is also clever enough to keep an aging player like stevie G around even though playing deep isnt his game, he knows his job as manager of Liverpool will be harder without being able to blow sunshine up stevie's bum to the kop .

Brendan is smart enough to know the best way to get ahead in life, trust me.

Any man that hangs a self portrait of himself in his hallway cares what people think.
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:16 - Jul 28 with 772 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:08 - Jul 28 by icecoldjack

Think what you like.

Brendan is a politically aware guy, that was and is my main point .

He is clever enough to know that there is a perception from supporters,media,etc that buying players from a 15th placed team isnt going to enhance Liverpool and make them stronger.

He is also clever enough to keep an aging player like stevie G around even though playing deep isnt his game, he knows his job as manager of Liverpool will be harder without being able to blow sunshine up stevie's bum to the kop .

Brendan is smart enough to know the best way to get ahead in life, trust me.

Any man that hangs a self portrait of himself in his hallway cares what people think.

??
Anyone who does that clearly doesn't care what anyone thinks seeing that anyone who sees/hears about it will think he is an utter narcissistic tosser.

I do think you are right though, he is very keen to be manage perceptions. hell look what he did to us. he'll be looking for a suarez like replacement I should think. Quick, agile and can play behind. If Sturridge had gone then I suspect Wilf might be higher up the list, but with old brenno you never do know.....15m for the 'welsh xavi' took my breath away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:17 - Jul 28 with 767 viewsraynor94

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 18:23 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

Got to go with the utter bollix on this one, the thought that Brenda would worry about the fans thoughts is laughable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:31 - Jul 28 with 741 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:17 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Got to go with the utter bollix on this one, the thought that Brenda would worry about the fans thoughts is laughable

Who said he would worry about what the fans thought ?

Im saying that he would take into consideration the reaction of popular opinion from all sections as he is a very self aware and savvy bloke .

He may take it into consideration and decide its all worth it, but at that club i believe Brendan is quite aware of public reactions.
Liverpool pull plug on Remy deal on 00:42 - Jul 28 with 727 viewsicecoldjack

So its reported that Brendan is prepared to wait for the right type of player,which according to press reports wont be Bony or Lukaku.

"Rodgers admits he is even prepared to wait until January to sign a frontman if the right player does not become available in the summer transfer window.

He said: "There are certain different areas where I want to bring in players, but they have to be the right type.

"There is money to spend, no question, but I won't spend it for the sake of it. It has to be the right type. If that means I have to wait until January then that's what I will do "
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024