Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Selling Tickets Back - 2 21:40 - Aug 27 with 2188 viewsjacksinceever

Now that tickets can be sold back to the club for the WBA game, any indication how much we'd get paid for an Adult Ticket. Is it £429/19 (£22.57) ?
Anyone know - Phil perhaps?
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:09 - Aug 27 with 1710 viewsBlasterJack

Just done mine as I have a bloody wedding.

I will get the grand sum of £17.50 if it's sold (as a credit on future ticket/season ticket purchases).

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:12 - Aug 27 with 1679 viewsjacksinceever

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:09 - Aug 27 by BlasterJack

Just done mine as I have a bloody wedding.

I will get the grand sum of £17.50 if it's sold (as a credit on future ticket/season ticket purchases).

Is that for a £35 ticket? If so it's a rip-off
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:27 - Aug 27 with 1638 viewsBlasterJack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:12 - Aug 27 by jacksinceever

Is that for a £35 ticket? If so it's a rip-off

That's assuming it's sold as an adult I think. I will probably get 20p if a student buys the facking thing.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:38 - Aug 27 with 1608 viewsKennedy

Do you only get paid if they sell the ticket?

It's not bad, but is there a deadline for selling it back?

You better off selling your ticket to a mate for £20

Just call me JFK

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 07:01 - Aug 28 with 1495 viewsMattG

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 22:38 - Aug 27 by Kennedy

As I have done for the games I can't make.

I'd agreed that before the sell-back scheme was announced but looks like I got the better deal in any case.
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 08:05 - Aug 28 with 1448 viewsBLAZE

I was interested in this initiative as I miss a lot of games due to distance these days. But at those prices I'd rather take my chance selling it privately at £20 to £25. If I can't find a seller I'd rather give it away to a mate or something

It would be nice if they'd offered it as a free service essentially, giving you back what you'd paid (roughly £22.50 mentioned above). That's something a club owned by the fans, for the fans would do.... They're already making money off it selling it back on for £35 or £45. I don't see why they need to take another chunk, but there we are, I shouldn't have hoped for anything different I guess.
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 08:29 - Aug 28 with 1407 viewsDyfnant

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 08:05 - Aug 28 by BLAZE

I was interested in this initiative as I miss a lot of games due to distance these days. But at those prices I'd rather take my chance selling it privately at £20 to £25. If I can't find a seller I'd rather give it away to a mate or something

It would be nice if they'd offered it as a free service essentially, giving you back what you'd paid (roughly £22.50 mentioned above). That's something a club owned by the fans, for the fans would do.... They're already making money off it selling it back on for £35 or £45. I don't see why they need to take another chunk, but there we are, I shouldn't have hoped for anything different I guess.

Advantage of letting the club sell it being it's not your problem when the automatic entry plays up at the turnstiles

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 1323 viewsshingle

I would have to try and sell mine for the full price as i have not got any mate`s.
Login to get fewer ads

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:35 - Aug 28 with 1304 viewsjojaca

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:28 - Aug 28 by shingle

I would have to try and sell mine for the full price as i have not got any mate`s.

If you are only getting £17.50 back for adult season ticket, your better selling privately or passing it on to family member.

Even when you know, you never know?

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 1296 viewsJackfath

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:28 - Aug 28 by shingle

I'm your mate.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:48 - Aug 28 with 1280 viewsWinchWenJack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 08:29 - Aug 28 by Dyfnant

Advantage of letting the club sell it being it's not your problem when the automatic entry plays up at the turnstiles

If your card scanned against Burnley, there is no reason for it not to scan for every other game.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:16 - Aug 28 with 1233 viewsCatullus

I don't see why we can't exchange tickets for when we want to take someone else. For example, when I want to take my son, I should be able to exchange my seat so I only pay for my sons ticket. They can still sell my seat on and make a profit of £13-£23.
Surely that's better for them than if I sell my ticket to a mate or just pass it on?

Think they are being short sighted here, again. Looking for the money straight away instead of considering a deal that potentially benefits all of us.
Lets face it, will we give our ticket back for a credit on future purchases, or will we sell it privately and make more money (not a profit on the seat by the way, I wouldn't do that) that we can put towards next season?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:23 - Aug 28 with 1222 viewsjacksinceever

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:16 - Aug 28 by Catullus

I don't see why we can't exchange tickets for when we want to take someone else. For example, when I want to take my son, I should be able to exchange my seat so I only pay for my sons ticket. They can still sell my seat on and make a profit of £13-£23.
Surely that's better for them than if I sell my ticket to a mate or just pass it on?

Think they are being short sighted here, again. Looking for the money straight away instead of considering a deal that potentially benefits all of us.
Lets face it, will we give our ticket back for a credit on future purchases, or will we sell it privately and make more money (not a profit on the seat by the way, I wouldn't do that) that we can put towards next season?

Exactly. Just advertised mine for £25 rather than take a chance and maybe get £17.50 if they sell it.
By the time you take into account that several tickets won't sell at all (as has been my experience over last few seasons) then it balances out that you just get your money back
Club are being short sighted.
Even with the children's £79 ST, if they gave us £10 and sold the ticket for either £17.50 or £35 they still make a large profit
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:24 - Aug 28 with 1222 viewsBlasterJack

I'm just trying out the scheme to see if it works ok to be honest. The ticket needs to have been sold by 12:00 on Friday. If it's not, my season ticket remains 'active'.

Normally I would pass on the ticket to a mate but most of us are at this wedding.

It's a half decent fall back for exiles, non-trusting types and those without friends I suppose.

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 1198 viewsjacksinceever

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:24 - Aug 28 by BlasterJack

I'm just trying out the scheme to see if it works ok to be honest. The ticket needs to have been sold by 12:00 on Friday. If it's not, my season ticket remains 'active'.

Normally I would pass on the ticket to a mate but most of us are at this wedding.

It's a half decent fall back for exiles, non-trusting types and those without friends I suppose.

I pass it on to friends and relatives whenever possible, but otherwise whenever I have sold it to strangers I haven't been let down - yet!
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:50 - Aug 28 with 1173 viewsBLAZE

Likewise. Usually goes to a friend or family member, but on the few occasions I've sold to a stranger (advertised through this forum), they've never let me down
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 1158 viewsbalboajack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 08:05 - Aug 28 by BLAZE

So what you're saying is buy a season, go to the biggest games, then when the smaller games come around sell your ticket for "what you paid for it", so you guarantee going to big games and have a slight gamble that you can sell all your other tickets?

Plastic.
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:03 - Aug 28 with 1150 viewsjacksinceever

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:59 - Aug 28 by balboajack

So what you're saying is buy a season, go to the biggest games, then when the smaller games come around sell your ticket for "what you paid for it", so you guarantee going to big games and have a slight gamble that you can sell all your other tickets?

Plastic.

I refer you my post on plastics - I have a ST which is rarely used due to specific reasons.
All is not always as it seems.
Many work Saturdays / weekends / evenings / shifts and therefore cannot attend every game.
I know several work on oil rigs or in Saudi and can only get home a few times a year.
Plastics - I think not
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:07 - Aug 28 with 1142 viewsshingle

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 09:36 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

I'm your mate.

Thank`s .
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:07 - Aug 28 with 1141 viewsBLAZE

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 10:59 - Aug 28 by balboajack

Plastic.

Heh.

I've got a 700 mile round trip, which is £100+ in fuel alone. Factor work requirements and maybe you can see why it isn't easy for me to make every single game anymore.

Now, if the extension had gone ahead as originally hoped I'd have no need to buy a season ticket. But as it stands, to guarantee myself a seat for the 2 out of 3 games that I do attend, I've got to take a gamble on selling my ticket.

Hope that satisfies you, Bulboa
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:15]
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:15 - Aug 28 with 1115 viewsbalboajack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:03 - Aug 28 by jacksinceever

I refer you my post on plastics - I have a ST which is rarely used due to specific reasons.
All is not always as it seems.
Many work Saturdays / weekends / evenings / shifts and therefore cannot attend every game.
I know several work on oil rigs or in Saudi and can only get home a few times a year.
Plastics - I think not

I emplore you to read the post to which I was replying (slightly tongue in cheek) to.

Blaze wanted 'the value of the ticket' back, but my point is that if you got the full value of your ticket back, then that could be taken advantage of- you COULD sell all your tickets (as long as a sell-out occurs) and just go to the 'big' games.

I can't see why people are complaining about this- when most bought their season ticket, they were doing so under the assumption that the tickets were subject to the same rules as previous seasons- ie the tickets are (officially) non-transferable. For the club to offer an outlet to transfer your ticket is a win-win situation.

Like people you know, I work away quite regularly, and if I miss a game my mrs won't go on her own or with a +1, add to that most of my mates are season ticket holders already and that makes it hard some games to sell / give tickets away. With this it's a no-risk option. The club making a lite bit extra on it doesn't bother me, (obviously they will incur costs doing it, but these are very minimal)
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:17 - Aug 28 with 1105 viewsbalboajack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:07 - Aug 28 by BLAZE

Heh.

I've got a 700 mile round trip, which is £100+ in fuel alone. Factor work requirements and maybe you can see why it isn't easy for me to make every single game anymore.

Now, if the extension had gone ahead as originally hoped I'd have no need to buy a season ticket. But as it stands, to guarantee myself a seat for the 2 out of 3 games that I do attend, I've got to take a gamble on selling my ticket.

Hope that satisfies you, Bulboa
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:15]

Have a kit kat

I feel your pain, but as above, if you got 'full ticket price' back, then it could be exploited.

Hope you understand, Bluze
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:18 - Aug 28 with 1102 viewsBLAZE

You're mad if you think people would folk out £500 to guarantee themselves some games against the top 5 or 6 teams, and take the risk of not being able to sell the tickets for the rest of the games. It just wouldn't happen.

*Whoosh* by the way.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:19]
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:31 - Aug 28 with 1076 viewsbalboajack

Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:18 - Aug 28 by BLAZE

You're mad if you think people would folk out £500 to guarantee themselves some games against the top 5 or 6 teams, and take the risk of not being able to sell the tickets for the rest of the games. It just wouldn't happen.

*Whoosh* by the way.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:19]

"You're mad you are"

Wouldn't it? I wouldn't do it, but it would be interesting to see at the end of the season how many games do sell out and exchanges are allowed.

It just grinds my gears when people complain and it's better than it was last year.

Last year, if I was passing on my 2 seasons to my mate john from work's brother-in-law's mate, then I would be happy to get £30/£40 for the pair, and even happier to get my season cards back for the next match. If the same happens this year, I can do it no-risk
Selling Tickets Back - 2 on 11:34 - Aug 28 with 1069 viewslifelong

Reading the email, what I find somewhat confusing is, if they have not exchanged it by midday on Friday it is returned for you to do as you wish. Surely this is not the case as the ticket them returns to being non transferable?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 11:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024