Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate scores 20:57 - Sep 30 with 4002 viewsGroo

for the opposition ... ooops

Groo does what Groo does best

Alan Tate scores on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 2153 viewsSwansNZ

Oh well, they all count.

Well done Alan

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Alan Tate scores on 21:05 - Sep 30 with 2106 viewsorion3016

He'll always be a legend

Be over there now after

Alan Tate scores on 21:06 - Sep 30 with 2095 viewsicecoldjack

still got it..
Alan Tate scores on 21:09 - Sep 30 with 2076 viewsScoobyWho

Alan Tate scores on 21:05 - Sep 30 by orion3016

He'll always be a legend

Never was.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Alan Tate scores on 21:26 - Sep 30 with 2012 viewsorion3016

Alan Tate scores on 21:09 - Sep 30 by ScoobyWho

Never was.

He gets my vote for the part he played in getting us where we are today

Be over there now after

Alan Tate scores on 21:28 - Sep 30 with 1990 views1jack

Alan Tate scores on 21:09 - Sep 30 by ScoobyWho

Never was.

Genuinely no offence, but bollox.
Alan Tate scores on 21:28 - Sep 30 with 1983 viewsScoobyWho

Alan Tate scores on 21:28 - Sep 30 by 1jack

Genuinely no offence, but bollox.

Legends are Robbie James, not Alan Tates.

Alan Tate scores on 21:29 - Sep 30 with 1969 views1jack

Alan Tate scores on 21:28 - Sep 30 by ScoobyWho

Sorry but I have to disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate scores on 21:33 - Sep 30 with 1939 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 21:28 - Sep 30 by ScoobyWho

I'm with you on this one Scoobs. Anyone who thinks Alan Tate is a legend must be a youngster. Done his bit for us and deserves his testimonial, but Legend? Not for me!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Alan Tate scores on 21:34 - Sep 30 with 1936 viewsScoobyWho

Alan Tate scores on 21:29 - Sep 30 by 1jack

Sorry but I have to disagree.

Then you have never seen Robbie James
Tate couldn't lace his left boot.
I think we use the term too much and too loosely which devalues those players who deserve recognition.

Alan Tate scores on 21:43 - Sep 30 with 1882 viewsorion3016

Alan Tate scores on 21:33 - Sep 30 by morningstar

I'm with you on this one Scoobs. Anyone who thinks Alan Tate is a legend must be a youngster. Done his bit for us and deserves his testimonial, but Legend? Not for me!

I like being called youngster - thanks most appreciated! The beauty of anonymity eh!

I would class monk, Leon & Tate in similar ways. Played through all 4 divisions with us and for me in my humble opinion are all legends of swansea City

Be over there now after

Alan Tate scores on 21:48 - Sep 30 with 1852 views1jack

Alan Tate scores on 21:34 - Sep 30 by ScoobyWho

Then you have never seen Robbie James
Tate couldn't lace his left boot.
I think we use the term too much and too loosely which devalues those players who deserve recognition.

Robbie James was one of the best players I have ever seen. Brilliant ball control, truly wonderful vision and awareness, a great passer and hard as effin nails, would of shunted the over hyped Tommy Smith over the North Bank imo. As for Tate, when I first saw him you could see he was way above what we had at the time, (which wasn't great I know) but a club legend doesn't necessarily have to be the greatest of players. He saw us from them bottom to the top and was a great club man, so for me he is a Swansea City Legend.
Alan Tate scores on 22:02 - Sep 30 with 1793 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 21:43 - Sep 30 by orion3016

I like being called youngster - thanks most appreciated! The beauty of anonymity eh!

I would class monk, Leon & Tate in similar ways. Played through all 4 divisions with us and for me in my humble opinion are all legends of swansea City

If your older then you should know better!

Yes he played in all four divisions for us and I have a lot of respect for him. But honestly, some of his performances were poor at times in lge 2, cringworthy in lge 1, Dire in the championship and please don't mention the prem. A legend? Never!

Alan Tate scores on 22:15 - Sep 30 with 1745 viewsC_jack

Where's it written that 'club legends' have to be the best players?

The man has given the club incredible service on and off the pitch in his time here, more than enough to earn a season ticket for life.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Alan Tate scores on 22:59 - Sep 30 with 1624 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 22:15 - Sep 30 by C_jack

Where's it written that 'club legends' have to be the best players?

The man has given the club incredible service on and off the pitch in his time here, more than enough to earn a season ticket for life.

Mel Nurse gave the club better service than Alan Tate yet he bought his own season ticket when he was a director. And he didn't make even 5% of what Alan Tate did even if you compare the difference in monetary value during the times they played! Now thats a legend!

Alan Tate scores on 23:02 - Sep 30 with 1610 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, turning up for the start of the season grossly overweight is giving great service to the club.

He's been a loyal servant for the most part but I wouldn't use the word legend.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alan Tate scores on 23:04 - Sep 30 with 1604 viewsC_jack

Alan Tate scores on 23:02 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, turning up for the start of the season grossly overweight is giving great service to the club.

He's been a loyal servant for the most part but I wouldn't use the word legend.

So his status at the club is questionable because he had the audacity to enjoy himself too much one pre-season?

They'll tell their grandchildren about Tatey in 50 years time, they won't tell them about Michu.

Alan Tate scores on 23:07 - Sep 30 with 1591 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:04 - Sep 30 by C_jack

So his status at the club is questionable because he had the audacity to enjoy himself too much one pre-season?

They'll tell their grandchildren about Tatey in 50 years time, they won't tell them about Michu.

I think Michu will be remembered more than Tate.

When future generations watch old Swansea videos on youtube they'll be watching the Michu goals at Stamford Bridge, at The Emirates, at Wembley.

They may be told tales of the likes of Tate and Leon but it's not them who'll be remembered the most.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alan Tate scores on 23:15 - Sep 30 with 1568 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:04 - Sep 30 by C_jack

His status at the club is not questionable! He's been a great guy! He just isn't a legend!

Alan Tate scores on 23:15 - Sep 30 with 1567 viewsC_jack

Alan Tate scores on 23:07 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think Michu will be remembered more than Tate.

When future generations watch old Swansea videos on youtube they'll be watching the Michu goals at Stamford Bridge, at The Emirates, at Wembley.

They may be told tales of the likes of Tate and Leon but it's not them who'll be remembered the most.

Future generations will be able to watch 100's of Swansea players score goals at Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc (here's hoping, of course)

They'll be able to watch very few players show the heart and desire of one Alan Tate.

Alan Tate scores on 23:28 - Sep 30 with 1522 viewsmorningstar

Alan Tate scores on 23:15 - Sep 30 by C_jack

Future generations will be able to watch 100's of Swansea players score goals at Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc (here's hoping, of course)

They'll be able to watch very few players show the heart and desire of one Alan Tate.

Oh shut up please! He's been at the club for 12 years and made 293 appearances! Ian Callaghan made 640 appearances for Liverpool in a similar timescale then came to us in his twilight years and made 76 in just 2 seasons! A much higher rate than Tate in his prime!

Alan Tate scores on 23:29 - Sep 30 with 1519 viewsshimmie

Alan Tate scores on 22:02 - Sep 30 by morningstar

If your older then you should know better!

Yes he played in all four divisions for us and I have a lot of respect for him. But honestly, some of his performances were poor at times in lge 2, cringworthy in lge 1, Dire in the championship and please don't mention the prem. A legend? Never!

He was our player of the season at right back in league 1, and played the majority of games under Sousa when we conceded f**k all in the championship. Not forgetting his 2 assists at left back in the game to get us into the prem. legend? All day long. Dire? Hang your head in f**king shame.
Alan Tate scores on 23:30 - Sep 30 with 1513 viewsDarran

Alan Tate scores on 23:29 - Sep 30 by shimmie

He was our player of the season at right back in league 1, and played the majority of games under Sousa when we conceded f**k all in the championship. Not forgetting his 2 assists at left back in the game to get us into the prem. legend? All day long. Dire? Hang your head in f**king shame.

I agree top fella too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alan Tate scores on 23:33 - Sep 30 with 1509 viewsC_jack

Alan Tate scores on 23:28 - Sep 30 by morningstar

Oh shut up please! He's been at the club for 12 years and made 293 appearances! Ian Callaghan made 640 appearances for Liverpool in a similar timescale then came to us in his twilight years and made 76 in just 2 seasons! A much higher rate than Tate in his prime!

Wtf has Ian Callaghan got to do with Alan Tate?

Alan Tate scores on 23:34 - Sep 30 with 1505 viewsC_jack

Alan Tate scores on 23:29 - Sep 30 by shimmie

When we were down to 6 men against Scunthorpe in the cup, 5 players were standing around waiting for the ref to blow the whistle, only one was running all over the pitch in the 120th minute trying to get the equaliser.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 23:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024