Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 22:06 - Nov 1 with 1015 viewsunion_jack

Are they as good as their league position suggests.

What I saw of them down here, they were ordinary and if we'd kept 10 on the pitch I've no doubt we'd have taken all 3 points.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Southampton on 22:07 - Nov 1 with 1011 viewsC_jack

No, they will not finish second. They've had a good run and can only beat what has been in front of them, but the two they've lost have been against Liverpool and Spurs.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 22:08]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Southampton on 22:08 - Nov 1 with 996 viewsJackfath

They're on the crest of a wave presently. I believe they are a good side but lack the squad to continue until the end of the season. They'll finish around 9th however.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Southampton on 22:10 - Nov 1 with 976 viewsunion_jack

Southampton on 22:08 - Nov 1 by Jackfath

They're on the crest of a wave presently. I believe they are a good side but lack the squad to continue until the end of the season. They'll finish around 9th however.

A case of confidence breeds confidence I suppose.

Tend to agree with you.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Southampton on 22:12 - Nov 1 with 963 viewsJackfath

Southampton on 22:10 - Nov 1 by union_jack

Tend to agree with you.

Indeed. We had the beating of them but were reduced to 10 men.

If we'd beaten them that fateful day, we'd currently be 3rd, one point behind them.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Southampton on 22:14 - Nov 1 with 937 viewsDarran

Southampton on 22:10 - Nov 1 by union_jack

Tend to agree with you.

And I agree too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Southampton on 22:15 - Nov 1 with 937 views_

I think they are just having one of those seasons...the type where the whole club is buzzing and that team spirit is going through the roof.

They've also bought very well and have got a real gem in Pelle. Their manager is to thank for all this and credit to hm. I know it's a bit far fetched but wouldn't it be amazing if they could stay in the top 4 at the end of the season. It would do the EPL the world of good. Unlikely though, I know...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Southampton on 22:31 - Nov 1 with 884 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Schinerlin has piped down and Koeman isn't so vociferous about wanting extra players.

I wonder how they look to lambert, Lallana and Louvren who get to watch Liverpool play crap from the bench every week? Great stuff.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Southampton on 22:34 - Nov 1 with 868 views_

Southampton on 22:31 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Schinerlin has piped down and Koeman isn't so vociferous about wanting extra players.

I wonder how they look to lambert, Lallana and Louvren who get to watch Liverpool play crap from the bench every week? Great stuff.

It truly is and a great achievement for the club who sold at one MASSIVE profit too.

Who's in charge down there then?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 22:38 - Nov 1 with 861 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Southampton on 22:34 - Nov 1 by _

It truly is and a great achievement for the club who sold at one MASSIVE profit too.

Who's in charge down there then?

Isn't it the daughter of some Swiss banker who bout them and died or something?

Oh no this is going to please the Dineens!

Southampton on 22:43 - Nov 1 with 847 viewsJackFish

Probably won today because it's impossible to tell these two apart on the highlights.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 22:43]
Southampton on 22:43 - Nov 1 with 843 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

They're having their moment in the sun at the moment. Make no mistake, they'll be scrapping with the rest of us for mid-table obscurity come the end of the season.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Southampton on 22:48 - Nov 1 with 817 viewsJackfath

Southampton on 22:43 - Nov 1 by JackFish

Probably won today because it's impossible to tell these two apart on the highlights.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 22:43]

Mr. Lineker just made exactly that point.

Southampton on 22:52 - Nov 1 with 808 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I forgot that Ponchetto threatened to leave if Nicola Cortese was replaced, then left anyway. Where is he now? Another win for a smallish club being blackmailed by egos who should feel priveoeged to work for them!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/16/katharina-liebherr-southampton-f

Southampton on 22:54 - Nov 1 with 790 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Oof go get him Huw:

In an interview with The Times in March 2010, Cortese discussed his approach to running a football club.

Clubs spend money they do not have; they spend next year’s income. They spend money that will not arrive for two years and say, "But we'll have some success and bring in more cash to cover the shortfall". It cannot be sustained. In good times you need to be saving money for the bad times. If we reach the Premier League, I would like to be in a position where we did not need parachute payments. In good years you should put money away for the bad years.[2]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_Cortese

Southampton on 23:58 - Nov 1 with 698 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2766121/Southampton-owner-Kath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024