Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 11:36 - Jan 19 with 1023 viewsswansea92

I have always read on here and never made an account but after the way people are acting after the Chelsea game, I had to!
I would say the level of our squad on Saturday was equal or less than our first season in the premier league ( a good championship side) I know we have injuries as well but that shows we have no depth. And then they say the money from Bony is going to be spent on infrastructure of the club! what bollocks that is! £20M+ in Dividends they mean.
Everyone of you who is like "In Huw we trust" and all this crap needs to wake up! Fair enough, good business but not a way for a club to move forward.
No subject on 11:38 - Jan 19 with 1010 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

No subject on 11:38 - Jan 19 with 1003 viewsperchrockjack

Who takes over?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

No subject on 11:41 - Jan 19 with 984 viewsswansea92

No subject on 11:38 - Jan 19 by shandyjack

before all you delusional zombies take the piss, where have the huge profits gone?
No subject on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 974 viewswetjack

No subject on 11:41 - Jan 19 by swansea92

before all you delusional zombies take the piss, where have the huge profits gone?

Where do you think they have gone? Or did the money fairies pay the wages for the last couple of years?

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

No subject on 11:44 - Jan 19 with 965 viewsswansea92

No subject on 11:42 - Jan 19 by wetjack

Where do you think they have gone? Or did the money fairies pay the wages for the last couple of years?

15M END OF YEAR PROFITS.....if your a bit slow that means after wages, tax everything
No subject on 11:50 - Jan 19 with 936 viewswetjack

No subject on 11:44 - Jan 19 by swansea92

15M END OF YEAR PROFITS.....if your a bit slow that means after wages, tax everything

It is almost that time of year where the accounts will be issued so your answer will be in there but seeing as you are a bit slow

Wilf £3m per year
Bafe £4m per year

Reported wages

We have a nice academy centre in Landore with all the mod cons a Premier League club should have and we have done a massive amount of work at Fairwood

Or do you think that this money Is sat in the bank just accruing a little bit of interest

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

No subject on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 929 viewsshandyjack

if your a bit slow we have built a new training ground that is continuously getting money spent on it to improve it, spent £8m on a world cup runner up, £4m+ on Monterro, Gomis signing on fee, Fabianski signing on fee, the ML pay off. £15M profit is money that may have been put aside for this window or the summer window.
What would you like the club to do thats realistic?

Poll: Expectation for the season

No subject on 11:54 - Jan 19 with 919 viewsCatullus

Yes, then there's wages over the summer with no income, transfer fees, running costs (which don't stop when the season does) and I may have missed something, but that's about it.
And when they spend on infrastructure, it does improve the club, and we do need it. It's a balancing act. We all know we need to improve the squad too. But all these things must be done at the same time, and that is very difficult.

If you have a good idea about how to do it, speak up. But knocking the board that have got us (and kept us) here, shows a bit of a lack of knowledge, or naivete maybe?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 895 viewsswansea92

No subject on 11:54 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Yes, then there's wages over the summer with no income, transfer fees, running costs (which don't stop when the season does) and I may have missed something, but that's about it.
And when they spend on infrastructure, it does improve the club, and we do need it. It's a balancing act. We all know we need to improve the squad too. But all these things must be done at the same time, and that is very difficult.

If you have a good idea about how to do it, speak up. But knocking the board that have got us (and kept us) here, shows a bit of a lack of knowledge, or naivete maybe?

Fair enough, done well to get us here but it might be too early to say it looks like we are standing still... say theres 5M left over from wages probably about 2-3M left over from the ben davies/vorm deal and now 25M from Bony gomis looking like he's going and they say they aren't going to spend much, thats crazy...money infrastructure has to be done but it doesn't win you games, players do
No subject on 12:11 - Jan 19 with 841 viewsCatullus

No subject on 12:01 - Jan 19 by swansea92

Fair enough, done well to get us here but it might be too early to say it looks like we are standing still... say theres 5M left over from wages probably about 2-3M left over from the ben davies/vorm deal and now 25M from Bony gomis looking like he's going and they say they aren't going to spend much, thats crazy...money infrastructure has to be done but it doesn't win you games, players do

But you can't just rely on buying players to succeed, not the way our facilities currently are. We'd soon either run out of money or be in heavy debt again.
Which is why the ground expansion is so important, as are the other facilities. Some players are drawn to a club just by looking at infrastructure. I've heard/read players interviews where they admit the facilities convinced them to sign. And having one of the smallest grounds in the Premier league is holding us back.
As I said, it's a balancing act and I think the board are almost getting it right. Right now though, I think we need to bring in some players. If Gomis doesn't wan t to be here, I'd sell him. It'll be hard buying the right striker now but we may be able to loan one in, maybe from the Championship. There might be a good prospect.
I don't follow football as closely as when I was young. There was a time when I could have reeled names off, but not now.
Hell, I'm not even renewing my season, I've lost so much interest. I didn't go again Saturday. I watched it online.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No subject on 12:33 - Jan 19 with 784 viewsswansea92

No subject on 12:11 - Jan 19 by Catullus

But you can't just rely on buying players to succeed, not the way our facilities currently are. We'd soon either run out of money or be in heavy debt again.
Which is why the ground expansion is so important, as are the other facilities. Some players are drawn to a club just by looking at infrastructure. I've heard/read players interviews where they admit the facilities convinced them to sign. And having one of the smallest grounds in the Premier league is holding us back.
As I said, it's a balancing act and I think the board are almost getting it right. Right now though, I think we need to bring in some players. If Gomis doesn't wan t to be here, I'd sell him. It'll be hard buying the right striker now but we may be able to loan one in, maybe from the Championship. There might be a good prospect.
I don't follow football as closely as when I was young. There was a time when I could have reeled names off, but not now.
Hell, I'm not even renewing my season, I've lost so much interest. I didn't go again Saturday. I watched it online.

Yeah I get that, maybe I was a bit extreme at first. But we only really have one striker who is nowhere near bonys level. When Ben Davies was sold there was no replacement bought, instead left with one SHIT back up right back who isn't capable but does play at left back.

IMO we need:
At least on full back
At least one good winger
Defensive Midfielder
Striker

But instead we will probably get a position we don't need on loan
No subject on 13:19 - Jan 19 with 687 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No subject on 12:11 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Is your fall off in interest down to an "age" thing or the way the Swans are currently playing?
No subject on 13:25 - Jan 19 with 660 viewsScotia

Or the "spending on infrastructre" might be a little white lie so we don't get fleeced when we try and buy other players thinking "ooh they've got £25 million to spend"?

This is a premier league club with a very shrewd board not a teemager playing championship manager in his bedroom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024