Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Academy 15:07 - Jan 27 with 1635 viewssully49

With the U21 team doing so well, currently I am wondering if there are there any players showing the potential of graduating given the fist teams "crisis" currently.
Just a hopeful stab in the dark really as I have to admit I haven't been to 1 match.
We are constantly looking to Europe for players when we could have another Joe Allen waiting in the wings!!!

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Academy on 17:22 - Jan 27 with 1582 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well I am beginning to wonder if Kenji Gore couldn't do a better job than Gomis, at least he knows where the Goal is and can hit it regularly.
Academy on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 1574 viewsjacabertawe

Academy on 17:22 - Jan 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Well I am beginning to wonder if Kenji Gore couldn't do a better job than Gomis, at least he knows where the Goal is and can hit it regularly.

Isn't he a winger?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Academy on 17:37 - Jan 27 with 1554 viewsTim_Harry

I went last night. It was a nice finish for Gorre's first and a good assist by Grimes for his second.

Of the players most likely to make the step up, I'd say Josh Sheehan is a good bet. Ok, I know he's been involved in the first team before, but still worth mentioning. Grimes was quality with him in the centre of midfield, but I guess that's to be expected for £1.75m.

The right back Connor Roberts looked pretty good too. Haven't heard much about him in the past so I don't know if it was a one off good game.
Academy on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 1550 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Academy on 17:27 - Jan 27 by jacabertawe

Isn't he a winger?

Probably, but he knows how to score, so he could obviously play as a striker.
Academy on 18:01 - Jan 27 with 1513 viewsjacabertawe

Academy on 17:40 - Jan 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Probably, but he knows how to score, so he could obviously play as a striker.

That's saying two-and-two-make-five!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Academy on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 1464 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Academy on 18:01 - Jan 27 by jacabertawe

That's saying two-and-two-make-five!

No the first
2 = getting in the right place in front of the goal.
the second
2 = putting the ball in the back of the net.
2+2 = 4 = a goal.

That is why quite a few players "can" play both positions, although to be a winger they need to have more speed than to be a striker.
Emnes has played in both positions as does Barrow, it is called being a "Forward".
Academy on 04:14 - Jan 28 with 1348 viewsMagicDaps

The point is that why would we play a youngster out of position, ahead of somebody like Gomis who's scored as many goals as he has done in professional football who will score goals if given chances.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Academy on 04:41 - Jan 28 with 1345 viewsZut_Alors

I wonder whether Garry will want to hold out until after the window closes. I'm sure he'll want to stress need for 1st team signings.
Login to get fewer ads

Academy on 07:30 - Jan 28 with 1322 viewsDr_Winston

Academy on 04:14 - Jan 28 by MagicDaps

The point is that why would we play a youngster out of position, ahead of somebody like Gomis who's scored as many goals as he has done in professional football who will score goals if given chances.

Was kinda wondering that.

The diatribes against Gomis are becoming ever more outlandish and amusing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Academy on 10:55 - Jan 28 with 1248 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Academy on 07:30 - Jan 28 by Dr_Winston

Was kinda wondering that.

The diatribes against Gomis are becoming ever more outlandish and amusing.

I don't consider a 22% conversion rate, compared to Bony's 54% to be good enough to hold our current position. So with Gomis I expect to see us drop quite a few places unless he improves considerably, ie doubles his scoring rate.
Dr, do you think that is likely?
Academy on 16:33 - Jan 28 with 1162 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Academy on 17:37 - Jan 27 by Tim_Harry

I went last night. It was a nice finish for Gorre's first and a good assist by Grimes for his second.

Of the players most likely to make the step up, I'd say Josh Sheehan is a good bet. Ok, I know he's been involved in the first team before, but still worth mentioning. Grimes was quality with him in the centre of midfield, but I guess that's to be expected for £1.75m.

The right back Connor Roberts looked pretty good too. Haven't heard much about him in the past so I don't know if it was a one off good game.

To be honest I was expecting Gorre to progress a little quicker and at least been on the bench considering he form or our current wingers.
Not sure what has happened there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024