Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins 13:33 - Feb 2 with 3473 viewsmagicdaps10

Another deadline day and deja vue!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 2533 viewsbuilthjack

If we can stay injury and ban free then we are a match for anyone

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:42 - Feb 2 with 2508 viewsUplandsJack

Not surprised and possibly best in light of history of clubs over paying for players at this time of year - or maybe a tactic to make Norwich change their minds and accept Huws last & seemingly final offer for Olsen...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 13:48]
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 2492 viewsNeath_Jack

Look out, there'll be some toys thrown about this site later and tomorrow if we don't sign anyone.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:54 - Feb 2 with 2406 viewsLeonisGod

Good job we got our business done early then and brought in a highly rated striker with top league experience, a full back and DM that everyone wanted, plus a youngster who looks a very good bet for the future.

Considering the alternative in in the past has included N'gog, I'd say we have had a decent window with the exception of losing Wilf (who realistically we could never replace like for like).
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:54 - Feb 2 with 2405 viewsmagicdaps10

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:44 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

Look out, there'll be some toys thrown about this site later and tomorrow if we don't sign anyone.

Garry Monk will be the first chucking his toys out. This morning he states that he wants two in, few hours later and before 1pm, Jenkins states deals are unlikely.

Last window the club was locked up and lights out by 2pm stating that they triedd but could get any past the line, other clubs were opening their doors at 7pm and starting to work on deals.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:55 - Feb 2 with 2401 viewsUplandsJack

Really, I thought we were all pretty happy with the players brought in this window...
I would have liked a LFB as I have no/little faith in Taylor... Personally liked the look from the little I've seen of Tabanou with the option he brings of playing further forward if needed but would have been happy with Olsen.
Either way though as long as we address this position in the summer I'm comfortable to carry on till then as long as we don't let anyone from 1st team leave today.
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:02 - Feb 2 with 2345 viewsNeath_Jack

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:54 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

Garry Monk will be the first chucking his toys out. This morning he states that he wants two in, few hours later and before 1pm, Jenkins states deals are unlikely.

Last window the club was locked up and lights out by 2pm stating that they triedd but could get any past the line, other clubs were opening their doors at 7pm and starting to work on deals.

Aye and? I want a lot of things from my directors as well, doesn't mean i'll get them. This isn't championship manager.

F*ck what other clubs are doing, i couldn't give a toss what time they were open till, we didn't end up to badly after last January did we?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 2332 viewsPrivate_Partz

This is right and it happened in the last transfer window as well. Gary and Huw do seem to be at odds on this one. Surely Huw should be saying to his manager that any signings are unlikely so that he does then say in press conferences that he is hoping to strengthen. 'Speaking with one voice' and all that.....

IF the OP is correct. Have we any links?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 2326 viewsNeath_Jack

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 13:55 - Feb 2 by UplandsJack

Really, I thought we were all pretty happy with the players brought in this window...
I would have liked a LFB as I have no/little faith in Taylor... Personally liked the look from the little I've seen of Tabanou with the option he brings of playing further forward if needed but would have been happy with Olsen.
Either way though as long as we address this position in the summer I'm comfortable to carry on till then as long as we don't let anyone from 1st team leave today.

This board being really happy about not signing someone on transfer deadline day? Have you been around for only a short time? There'll be tantrums all over the shop, look at the OP's last reply to me, he's already winding himself up ready to go on one.

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:24 - Feb 2 with 2227 viewsUplandsJack

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:03 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

This board being really happy about not signing someone on transfer deadline day? Have you been around for only a short time? There'll be tantrums all over the shop, look at the OP's last reply to me, he's already winding himself up ready to go on one.

Previously though in fairness HJ January signings have lets say being polite pretty average, but this time as others state we have secured the services of some quality players in key areas so I think yes most will be satisfied... HJ could always add another 1 or 2 though and I wouldn't be complaining as long as Ngog wasn't 1 of them...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 14:26]
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:25 - Feb 2 with 2215 viewsScoobyWho

We have done our business, decent side we have ;-)

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:31 - Feb 2 with 2181 viewssnork44

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:25 - Feb 2 by ScoobyWho

I didn't know Yoda was our transfer spokesman. No signings mean HJ and GM have 'The Force' with them!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:32 - Feb 2 with 2170 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:03 - Feb 2 by Private_Partz

This is right and it happened in the last transfer window as well. Gary and Huw do seem to be at odds on this one. Surely Huw should be saying to his manager that any signings are unlikely so that he does then say in press conferences that he is hoping to strengthen. 'Speaking with one voice' and all that.....

IF the OP is correct. Have we any links?

Could it be a case of "don't blame me, I asked for more players".
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 2158 viewsLohengrin

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:25 - Feb 2 by ScoobyWho

We've managed to recruit Jack Cork and Kyle Naughton this past week, so far as I'm concerned this window has been a great success within the bounds of realism.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 2107 viewsperchrockjack

we were weak at full back and needed a DM .

GM said he didn't plan to sell Gomis..

so seems we have an honest manager and Board come to that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:54 - Feb 2 with 2018 viewsgiantstoneater

As long as nobody leaves the squad is in good shape the only worry for me is wide midfield Dyer and Routledge are in poor form,Mdou B is still a rough diamond and inexperienced at this level and Montero is still feeling his hamstring. Midfield will soon be strong again with the return of Ki and the signing of Cork and Grimes and Fulton doing a good job when called upon Siggy and Shelvey to battle it out for that AM spot and of course LB7! Upfront is also a concern we have an unhappy player in Gomis and Olivero has not had time to show he can score goals.
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:55 - Feb 2 with 2006 viewspremierjack

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 14:32 - Feb 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Could it be a case of "don't blame me, I asked for more players".

Absolutely not.

It's simple, monk wants players, huw will try and get them at the price we are willing to pay, if we don't meet the valuation ... They won't be coming!

Nothing wrong with that at all, on either side.
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 15:41 - Feb 2 with 1842 viewspencoedjack

Can someone tell that Sky bird Amy down the Liberty, she's welcome round the house if Huw says there's nowt happening

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:21 - Feb 2 with 1575 viewsswan65split

Its Deja Vu son.........you should know that!!!
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:25 - Feb 2 with 1513 viewsJackfath

FFS Typical small town Swansea. We've got loads of money and the manager wants someone in but chairman says no. Americans will be different.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:30 - Feb 2 with 1460 viewsexiledclaseboy

Warren Feeney. Nailed on

Poll: Tory leader

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 1442 viewsDarran

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:25 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

FFS Typical small town Swansea. We've got loads of money and the manager wants someone in but chairman says no. Americans will be different.

We'll be world champions when the Americans buy us out just like the New England Patriots.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:46 - Feb 2 with 1371 viewsPrivate_Partz

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 19:25 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

I can see where Huw is coming from. We are safe now barring the biggest loss of form ever witnessed in sport.
It gives us time to look at the existing squad and take in whatever ideas the Americans offer. They may want to look at Gary's position if we suddenly have massive drop form. I hope not and I want him to have continued success.
I just wish Huw had told Gary that the time is not fight to further strengthen instead of the pair of them giving conflicting views in press statements a few hours apart
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 19:46]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 20:10 - Feb 2 with 1276 viewsTom1912

This is exactly how we should be approaching the January transfer window.

Do our business upfront, and don't overspend for the sake of it . We've spent £10m this window. That's quite a lot for us in the January window and we've made some astute acquisitions. Players with PL experience in Cork and Naughton, a youngster for the future in Grimes, and a risk free punt on Oliveria. I'm quite happy with that.

Signing players after 7pm on the January transfer window deadline is the worst time to bring players in. You get ripped off. We're not desperate in any position so no reason to try and bring players in if we can't get them at the right price.
No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 20:13 - Feb 2 with 1254 viewsmattjenkins1990

No signing likely-Huw Jenkins on 20:10 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

This is exactly how we should be approaching the January transfer window.

Do our business upfront, and don't overspend for the sake of it . We've spent £10m this window. That's quite a lot for us in the January window and we've made some astute acquisitions. Players with PL experience in Cork and Naughton, a youngster for the future in Grimes, and a risk free punt on Oliveria. I'm quite happy with that.

Signing players after 7pm on the January transfer window deadline is the worst time to bring players in. You get ripped off. We're not desperate in any position so no reason to try and bring players in if we can't get them at the right price.

wise words

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024