Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis and his "illness" 15:00 - Jan 25 with 12409 viewsJackfath

This must be a real worry in terms of his value and our ability to offload him. I'd wonder how he manged to end up here with a history like is.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:05 - Jan 25 with 4844 viewsexiledclaseboy

What illness has he got? Apart from an apparent aversion to controlling the ball when it's at his feet.

Poll: Tory leader

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:07 - Jan 25 with 4830 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:05 - Jan 25 by exiledclaseboy

What illness has he got? Apart from an apparent aversion to controlling the ball when it's at his feet.

He feints continually. On the bench. At training.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 4813 viewswaynekerr55

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:07 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

Where's your source for this Fath?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:08 - Jan 25 with 4801 viewslondonlisa2001

He's got a fainting thing.

I imagine that it's all been pretty carefully assessed throughout the guy's career (for insurance purposes as much as anything else) and has little to no effect on his ability to be an average footballer with an appalling ego problem.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:09 - Jan 25 with 4804 viewsjackrabbit

I think he must suffer from severe arse-ache, as he spends so much time on it on cold, wet grass.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:09 - Jan 25 with 4802 viewsPrivate_Partz

I have not seen anything reported on an illness. Bad news if we are going to lose him injured. Btw ECB I think he controls the ball very well and has loads of skill. Not much chance at Blackburn admittedly where he was getting crowded out but still managed quite a few neat moves.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:09 - Jan 25 with 4796 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Like Gareth Edwards?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:10 - Jan 25 with 4792 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:08 - Jan 25 by waynekerr55

Where's your source for this Fath?

A quick search reveals it. Also heard it from several sources. I mentioned it a few weeks back on another Gomis bashing thread, but was down arrowed by the usual seuspects and left it there.

It's clear not mnay on here are aware. It does answer a nummber of questions though.

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:11 - Jan 25 with 4775 viewslondonlisa2001

He only 'faints' very occasionally and hasn't done so for some time according to an article there was about the whole situation.

Things are bad enough at the moment without this sort of rubbish.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:11 - Jan 25 with 4770 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:11 - Jan 25 by londonlisa2001

He only 'faints' very occasionally and hasn't done so for some time according to an article there was about the whole situation.

Things are bad enough at the moment without this sort of rubbish.

Apologies if it's rubbish Lisa.

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:18 - Jan 25 with 4706 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:11 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

Apologies if it's rubbish Lisa.

there was a long article about it some time ago (although I can't remember where).

Think about it logically mun - if a player was constantly fainting on the bench and so on, there is no chance that they would get insurance to play. And he's had the disease (and I can't remember what it's called) for ever - during which time he's played professionally for various teams and for France. And he's played this season in loads of games. When have you seen him faint?
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 4693 viewsNeiltheTaylor

It's not narcolepsy is it?

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 with 4681 viewssomersetsimon

'Feint' as in pretending to go one way, then actually go another? Or 'faint' as in lose consciousness? I would have thought that the first one would be quite useful!
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 with 4680 viewsAnotherJohn

The diagnosis is said to be Vasovagal Syncope.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 with 4679 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:18 - Jan 25 by londonlisa2001

there was a long article about it some time ago (although I can't remember where).

Think about it logically mun - if a player was constantly fainting on the bench and so on, there is no chance that they would get insurance to play. And he's had the disease (and I can't remember what it's called) for ever - during which time he's played professionally for various teams and for France. And he's played this season in loads of games. When have you seen him faint?

I heard he fainted on the bench one match and had to be brought round. I've also heard he's fainted in training.

I am only passing on what I've heard Lisa.

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 with 4675 viewsItchySphincter

Unfair.

Okay, I bit, tidy footballer though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:23 - Jan 25 with 4652 viewsskippyjack

F*ck me.. it happens like once or twice a year... if he takes good advice.. like lay off certain foods.. he probably won't have one.. Don't make it out to be a massive burden..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 4628 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 by AnotherJohn

The diagnosis is said to be Vasovagal Syncope.

Vasovagal syncope occurs in response to a trigger, with a corresponding malfunction in the parts of the nervous system that regulate heart rate and blood pressure. When heart rate slows, blood pressure drops, and the resulting lack of blood to the brain causes fainting and confusion.[5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

Causes can include standing up, sitting down, running around, stopping running around and pi55ing

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 4628 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

I heard he fainted on the bench one match and had to be brought round. I've also heard he's fainted in training.

Fainting on the bench in one match and once in training is not 'fainting constantly' is it. And we've all heard it, as it has been discussed on here before.

And it's not a new thing - your post suggested (or at least implied) that it had only just been discovered (otherwise why would it affect his value now and hadn't done so in the past?) which isn't the case.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 4625 viewssomersetsimon

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:21 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

Knowing our luck, if that happened on the pitch, he'd get booked for diving.
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 4616 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:23 - Jan 25 by skippyjack

F*ck me.. it happens like once or twice a year... if he takes good advice.. like lay off certain foods.. he probably won't have one.. Don't make it out to be a massive burden..

God - it says something when I find myself in complete agreement with one of your posts Skipps ;-)
Gomis and his on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 4607 viewsairedale

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:08 - Jan 25 by londonlisa2001

He's got a fainting thing.

I imagine that it's all been pretty carefully assessed throughout the guy's career (for insurance purposes as much as anything else) and has little to no effect on his ability to be an average footballer with an appalling ego problem.

Have you noticed as well, that the ego problem very rarely is a problem for the egotist?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 22:37]
Gomis and his "illness" on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 4601 viewsJackfath

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:26 - Jan 25 by londonlisa2001

Fainting on the bench in one match and once in training is not 'fainting constantly' is it. And we've all heard it, as it has been discussed on here before.

And it's not a new thing - your post suggested (or at least implied) that it had only just been discovered (otherwise why would it affect his value now and hadn't done so in the past?) which isn't the case.

If someone faints repeatedly, over a number of years I'd say that is a constant. No?

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:34 - Jan 25 with 4543 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis and his on 15:28 - Jan 25 by airedale

Have you noticed as well, that the ego problem very rarely is a problem for the egotist?
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 22:37]

Well, by fainting you definitely will become the centre of attention ....
It must be like Fcking 'come dine with me' in training sometimes.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:41 - Jan 25 with 4496 viewslondonlisa2001

Gomis and his "illness" on 15:28 - Jan 25 by Jackfath

If someone faints repeatedly, over a number of years I'd say that is a constant. No?

no.

Fainting once or twice a year over a period of many many years is not accurately described as 'fainting constantly'.

It's like saying that a volcano erupting once every 100 years over thousands of years is 'erupting constantly'.

Consistently perhaps, even regularly, but certainly not constantly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024