Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Abroad? 13:50 - Feb 28 with 761 viewsSwan91

i'm curious as to who on this forum has lived outside of the UK? what countries and what your experience was like.

I'm currently in Hong Kong, which is amazing and totally different to living in swansea......but it means I have to watch swans games at 2am :(
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 14:07]
Live Abroad? on 14:05 - Feb 28 with 738 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Quite a bit.

Count yourself lucky though. At least you can see the Swans on telly these days.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Live Abroad? on 14:08 - Feb 28 with 727 viewsZut_Alors

I'm over in Singapore. Really enjoying it here now, after a hard time for the first 6-months or so. I'm now in year 5 and think I'll be here for a while yet, too.

Getting up for all the Europa games last year was tough, but definitely worth it, especially the win against Valencia.

Hope you enjoy your time in HK!
Live Abroad? on 14:32 - Feb 28 with 705 viewsjackportis

I lived in bennidorm 2 years ago for a week. Good experiece recommend the place.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Live Abroad? on 18:03 - Feb 28 with 650 viewsJackistentialist

I've lived in Bratislava, Slovakia for two years and Münster/Hamburg, Germany for a year... Rather different to one another but both wonderful places to live. Most people are genuinely fascinated if you reveal that you are Welsh. I was happily surprised that many Slovaks instantly associate Wales with rugby and Swansea City. Before going out there I assumed that most people wouldn't even know what Wales is, but awareness of Wales, who we are and an appreciation/fascination regarding Celtic culture has grown over the past few years.
Live Abroad? on 18:12 - Feb 28 with 636 viewsLeonisGod

Live Abroad? on 14:32 - Feb 28 by jackportis

I lived in bennidorm 2 years ago for a week. Good experiece recommend the place.

Lol. The old ones are the best. I had a mate who used to blag his way through interviews and gaps on his cv by using that trick. 'Living and working overseas' for him was going on holiday and having to do the washing up. He was a lazy fecker. He had the last laugh though - been living the high life in Boston for over 10 yrs.

I've never lived overseas, but used to spend 3-4 months away each year when I was a consultant. Asia and S. America mostly. Lots of travelling (in style, clients paid, I can recommend Thai Air 1st class ) but a great life. But that gets harder when you've a family and the missus has a good and demanding job. Would go back to it like a shot though. Never did Hong Kong other than the airport, but had a friend who lived there for a year and loved it. Kathmandu was probably my favourite - very interesting place.
Live Abroad? on 22:57 - Feb 28 with 575 viewsAquinas

Considering moving to Australia (Brisbane) for two years but the timings of sporting events has really put me off.

Especially Thursday night darts.
Live Abroad? on 23:00 - Feb 28 with 574 viewsDarran

Live Abroad? on 22:57 - Feb 28 by Aquinas

Considering moving to Australia (Brisbane) for two years but the timings of sporting events has really put me off.

Aren't you living out of the country now?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Live Abroad? on 09:30 - Mar 1 with 521 viewsItchySphincter

Live Abroad? on 22:57 - Feb 28 by Aquinas

I'm in Brisbane, we could meet Dimi for a drink. :)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024