Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad tactics tonight 21:29 - Mar 4 with 5577 viewstwotimejack

I don't get Garry's thinking tonight with these tactics, flooding the midfield whilst sacrificing a winger, with the pace Spurs have from the wings and full backs im not surprised we have been slaughtered down the flanks tonight, terrible tactics.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Bad tactics tonight on 21:32 - Mar 4 with 2854 viewsJackfath

Have they not worked for the previous couple of games?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bad tactics tonight on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 2824 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bad tactics tonight on 21:32 - Mar 4 by Jackfath

Yes they have but agree with OP that probably not what we should have done tonight with Walker and Rose

Needed our own wingers to try to keep them on the back foot, in their own half and out of the game as much as possible

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Bad tactics tonight on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 2823 viewsSwansNZ

Tactics are good if we win, but poor if we lose.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bad tactics tonight on 21:35 - Mar 4 with 2816 viewstwotimejack

Have the previous couple of teams had the same pace from the wingers/fullbacks as Spurs have?

Bad tactics tonight on 21:48 - Mar 4 with 2710 viewsossie_jacks

was screaming for jeff on 60 mins not 70
Bad tactics tonight on 21:50 - Mar 4 with 2691 viewsacejack3065

Absolute horse sh*t. We were on the wrong end of an end to end 5 goal thriller. I can't imagine what happened to Bafe did our boys any favours but we got the ball down and played well.

Another good performance stacked up against the context of our best premier league season ever.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 2612 viewsicecoldjack

Jeff made a mug of the tactical selection tonight in fairness, stopped Walker dead in his tracks which was something we needed to do from the start.

Im not a football expert but even i know that spurs were gonna hurt us out wide with walker and rose, especially with our selection.

We just invited them on and that was a massive mistake.

Overall im not too bothered about the result though, many other managers of ours have been un done at the lane , monk just joins the list .

We played well in patches why the fook monk takes off Shelvey while 3-1 down ive no idea, why he waited until the 73 rd minute to balance the formation with jeff coming on ive no idea.

All a bit meh but in fairness it tends to go that way when we play up there so hey ho and onto the next one.

We need to sort out a world class full back or two for the summer. It;s such a key position and i feel its time to upgrade in that department.

I think i would have played Rangel,Dyer/routs and montero tonight, its not rocket science how Spurs play but i get the feeling Monk wants to play the Star players and find a system to fit all of them, which aint always possible IMO.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 2610 viewstwotimejack

Bad tactics tonight on 21:50 - Mar 4 by acejack3065

Absolute horse sh*t. We were on the wrong end of an end to end 5 goal thriller. I can't imagine what happened to Bafe did our boys any favours but we got the ball down and played well.

Another good performance stacked up against the context of our best premier league season ever.

So we didn't create more chances and looked more threatening when montero came on? The tactics have worked wonders the last two games, I just don't think he should have used the same tactics against Spurs pace that's all.

Login to get fewer ads

Bad tactics tonight on 22:05 - Mar 4 with 2560 viewsNeathJack

If Gylfi hadn't been wrongly flagged offside when clean through it's probably 2-2 and a totally different game.

The tactics were fine. The small margins went against us, like Lloris worldy at the end.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:05 - Mar 4 with 2560 viewsacejack3065

Bad tactics tonight on 22:00 - Mar 4 by twotimejack

So we didn't create more chances and looked more threatening when montero came on? The tactics have worked wonders the last two games, I just don't think he should have used the same tactics against Spurs pace that's all.

The change of tactics changed the game. That doesn't mean if we set out from minute one the game would have been any different.

We were creating throughout the game pretty much.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:11 - Mar 4 with 2511 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:05 - Mar 4 by acejack3065

The change of tactics changed the game. That doesn't mean if we set out from minute one the game would have been any different.

Yes but with respect maybe we wouldn't have conceded as badly had we kept Spurs in check from the start. It's not as if we haven't had this kind of situation, two weeks ago against Man yooo was a classic example. We were lucky then as they were abysmal in the final third.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bad tactics tonight on 22:13 - Mar 4 with 2501 viewsicecoldjack

I do agree, however sometimes you need to give the opposition full backs something to worry about, everyone knows spurs are dangerous out wide what we needed was to give them a problem there, ie, pace and plenty of it. we still would have created a similar amount of chances .
Bad tactics tonight on 22:21 - Mar 4 with 2450 viewsacejack3065

Bad tactics tonight on 22:13 - Mar 4 by icecoldjack

I do agree, however sometimes you need to give the opposition full backs something to worry about, everyone knows spurs are dangerous out wide what we needed was to give them a problem there, ie, pace and plenty of it. we still would have created a similar amount of chances .

It's obvious that we were worried about committing too much wide and getting ruined on the counter.

Again the tactics were adjusted at an appropriate time and it shifted the game. To say the tactics were bad is laughable.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:26 - Mar 4 with 2409 viewslovejuicejack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:21 - Mar 4 by acejack3065

It's obvious that we were worried about committing too much wide and getting ruined on the counter.

Again the tactics were adjusted at an appropriate time and it shifted the game. To say the tactics were bad is laughable.

Would it be laughable to say the defending was bad?
Bad tactics tonight on 22:26 - Mar 4 with 2406 viewsJJJack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:00 - Mar 4 by twotimejack

You're a bit thick if you think the substitution was the only reason we created more chances towards the end. That happens in virtually all Prem games when a good side is 3-1 down and the other side is happy to sit back. Absolutely no guarantee starting Montero would have somehow stopped the entire Spurs side from playing as well as they did (which was very well).
Bad tactics tonight on 22:28 - Mar 4 with 2392 viewsJJJack

Exactamundo. Spurs played bloody well tonight yet some plebs think we should just rock up there and turn them over. Crazy.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 2384 viewsacejack3065

Bad tactics tonight on 22:26 - Mar 4 by lovejuicejack

Not laughable as we have defended better in other games but Spurs deserve a lot of credit for their goals.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:30 - Mar 4 with 2375 viewsJJJack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:26 - Mar 4 by lovejuicejack

No it would be correct. The 3rd goal was appalling....no-one challenged Townsend at all. Nowt to do with tactics....everything to do with a rare poor defensive performance and some outstanding individual play and superb finishing from them.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:31 - Mar 4 with 2365 viewstwotimejack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:26 - Mar 4 by JJJack

You're a bit thick if you think the substitution was the only reason we created more chances towards the end. That happens in virtually all Prem games when a good side is 3-1 down and the other side is happy to sit back. Absolutely no guarantee starting Montero would have somehow stopped the entire Spurs side from playing as well as they did (which was very well).

Yeah ok I'm thick, flooding the midfield and not having wingers to prevent the fullbacks coming forward all game was obviously the correct decision.

Bad tactics tonight on 22:33 - Mar 4 with 2352 viewslovejuicejack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:30 - Mar 4 by JJJack

No it would be correct. The 3rd goal was appalling....no-one challenged Townsend at all. Nowt to do with tactics....everything to do with a rare poor defensive performance and some outstanding individual play and superb finishing from them.

Agreed spurs were on it tonight, I wish we could play like that again. Need a serious clean out in the summer.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:40 - Mar 4 with 2301 viewsacejack3065

Bad tactics tonight on 22:33 - Mar 4 by lovejuicejack

Agreed spurs were on it tonight, I wish we could play like that again. Need a serious clean out in the summer.

Seriously? A clean out? I'd only want one more winger and another striker at the minute. Possibly two of each depending on sales.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:48 - Mar 4 with 2260 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bad tactics tonight on 22:30 - Mar 4 by JJJack

We were pushing to get back into the game then. Two sloppy goals conceded earlier on was the problem. This was a pretty good performance otherwise. We ran them close and played with some decent possession. Not too much to panic about tonight.
I hope Bafi will be fine though and I hope the medics can sort out his fainting issue as it must be a huge worry for him. I did not know who the player was when they all rushed on but I remember thinking the result means eff all when things like this happen. I still remember the york City player nearly dying down the vetch on that hard frosty pitch. Puts it all in perspective.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bad tactics tonight on 22:48 - Mar 4 with 2259 viewsJJJack

Bad tactics tonight on 22:31 - Mar 4 by twotimejack

Yeah ok I'm thick, flooding the midfield and not having wingers to prevent the fullbacks coming forward all game was obviously the correct decision.

Ok. But read again what I said and then re-read your response. Then you'll see why your response was incorrect.
Bad tactics tonight on 22:54 - Mar 4 with 2224 viewsperchrockjack

nearly a draw and things would be different on here.

Poor goals given away though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bad tactics tonight on 23:10 - Mar 4 with 2173 viewsBonjour

Bad tactics tonight on 21:50 - Mar 4 by acejack3065

End to end thriller?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024