Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rod Liddle's post mortem 15:42 - May 14 with 1859 viewsjackrabbit

"And so now we have to suffer the epic delusions, temper tantrums and hissy fits of the metro-left. They simply cannot believe how you scumbags could have got it so wrong last Thursday, you morons. You vindictive, selfish morons. That has been the general response from all of the people, the liberal middle-class lefties, who have cheerfully contributed towards making the once-great Labour party effectively unelectable. You lot voted Tory out of fear – because you are stupid, stupid people. The Conservatives ran a ‘negative’ campaign and, because you are either simply horrible human beings, or just thick, you fell for it."

So writes Rod Liddle in an excellent and entertaining piece in the 'The Spectator'. The title of his piece is "What Labour must do is estrange its awful voters" - no not you lot. We know who he's talking about. Just turn on any Radio 4 discussion program or BBC TV's 'Newsnight' - they're everywhere.

This was an interesting point:

"According to the pollster Peter Kellner, Ukip’s support base is 61 per cent working class – way more than Labour, the party that was set up to represent the working-class. This is a very recent development; according to the same set of statistics, ex-Labour voters migrating to Ukip trebled over the last couple of years. Bear that in mind when you look at the polling results in such constituencies as Nuneaton, Stockton South, the Vale of Clwyd, Sunderland and countless, countless others. "

Fascinating stuff. Find the complete article here; http://specc.ie/1FjPBGJ
Rod Liddle's post mortem on 15:50 - May 14 with 1846 viewsLohengrin

His book is excellent if you have time to go to the library.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 17:37 - May 14 with 1769 viewsexiledclaseboy

I used to have a lot of respect for Liddle. But now he's a dick.

Poll: Tory leader

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 17:55 - May 14 with 1747 viewsperchrockjack

POSSIBLY because he leans the other way to you Andrew

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 18:16 - May 14 with 1724 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 17:55 - May 14 by perchrockjack

POSSIBLY because he leans the other way to you Andrew

Don't be daft. You lean the other way to me (oooer) and I don't think you're a dick. Ditto Lohengrin who I like. Ditto many others on here who don't agree with my politics. You're barking up the wrong tree there. I think Liddle's a dick because he is. In my opinion.

Poll: Tory leader

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 18:25 - May 14 with 1712 viewsDr_Winston

There's been a lot of stats flying around lately about Labours declining percentage of working class voters, a trend that the possible election of Chuka "Trash" Umunna is unlikely to reverse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 18:51 - May 14 with 1672 viewsAngelRangelQS

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 18:25 - May 14 by Dr_Winston

There's been a lot of stats flying around lately about Labours declining percentage of working class voters, a trend that the possible election of Chuka "Trash" Umunna is unlikely to reverse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Burnham is the way forward
Rod Liddle's post mortem on 18:55 - May 14 with 1661 viewsmonmouth

It's quite tough to see where labour goes from here. Looks like a wounded animal chasing around snapping at itself. None of the prospective leader candidates are credible in terms of gaining wide enough voter support, in a directionless party that still has to heal the wounds of Blair-Brown narcissism and tribalism. If they elect Ummuna (the british are clearly racist as a genre...and he's a smug tory sh1t anyway) or Burnham (the weepy faced whiney Northern pussy will just get on everyone's nerves) they are dead before they even try and put the party together. Cooper (the best candidate per se) is Ballsed and Liz Kershaw or whatever has a comedian husband, and is presumably standing to give him stand up material. Is that it? For a famous party of heavyweight politicians? Is that F*cking it?

Before we get any more crowing though, which is happening and is an ugly sound, the facists have their own civil war to go through yet and, that, plus when their true colours are obvious to even the most obtuse as they lurch into full genghis khan, they will be there for the taking. I don't think there will be anyone there to take them, sadly.

Can only hope that the libs (who have the best wares to sell and story to tell) do something right. Fat chance.

I hate these politicians and parties that play dogmatic games with peoples lives with every fibre of my soul. But there we are. We get what we deserve. Enjoy it!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 20:16 - May 14 with 1606 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Handing a pudgy, middle management mediocrity a second term because there was such slim pickings is the most depressing fact of all. Beyond that, it's hard to care about where I think the soul of a single Party is let alone where I think they should go next.

The point is moot when the entire institution is circling the sh1tter.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 20:58 - May 14 with 1584 viewsPacemaker

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 17:37 - May 14 by exiledclaseboy

Ditto. I met him a few years ago in an official capacity I was very disappointed, I could see where Julie Birchell was coming from.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 21:37 - May 14 with 1553 viewsWarwickHunt

He's always been a dick, and that's being kind -it's just that he had to keep a relatively low profile when he edited Today. He's an obnoxious c*nt as anyone who's worked with him will tell you.

Millwall fan too. Geezer,innit. Do wot?
Rod Liddle's post mortem on 07:08 - May 15 with 1456 viewsLohengrin

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 21:37 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

He's always been a dick, and that's being kind -it's just that he had to keep a relatively low profile when he edited Today. He's an obnoxious c*nt as anyone who's worked with him will tell you.

Millwall fan too. Geezer,innit. Do wot?

For all that his book is laugh out loud funny in places. Whatever his character flaws, which I gather are numerous, what he has to say is often bang on the money.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 10:12 - May 15 with 1382 viewsperchrockjack

monny
Good stuff

I ll vote for any party that doesn't go on about this fookn "working family" .

Its why I couldn't vote for CAMERON as he seems as affected/infected as the rest.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rod Liddle's post mortem on 14:38 - May 15 with 1324 viewslondonlisa2001

No - he's always been a d*ck.

Horrible bloke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024