Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 11:47 - May 31 with 4142 viewsJackSwanTV

Slightly misleading heading that but a good story in Issue #37 with Andrew Mumford picking his best Premier League eleven and a conversation between Roger and
Tatey. Plus all the usual, let me know what you think;

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue37

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 07:28 - Jun 1 with 3680 viewsSwansNZ

By "all the usual", do you mean 90 pages of adverts?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 19:01 - Jun 1 with 3437 viewsJackSwanTV

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 07:28 - Jun 1 by SwansNZ

There are ten pages without?????????

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 20:40 - Jun 1 with 3338 viewsWarwickHunt

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 07:28 - Jun 1 by SwansNZ

They're the best bit.
Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 3148 viewsJackSwanTV

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 20:40 - Jun 1 by WarwickHunt

They're the best bit.

So glad to see the status quo return. :)

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 3141 viewsscottishjack

The "what the fans think..." question needs updated matey...
Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:34 - Jun 2 with 3134 viewsScoobyWho

I realise there is a bit of tongue in cheek with JackSwan, but I really would think twice before associating my business with this.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:42 - Jun 2 with 3130 viewsscottishjack

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:34 - Jun 2 by ScoobyWho

I realise there is a bit of tongue in cheek with JackSwan, but I really would think twice before associating my business with this.

The pubs I work in both have copies delivered and it is always well received. I have to put a couple of copies to one side for a couple of customers to make sure they get one.

I can't see the harm myself, some folk seem to enjoy it.
Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 2996 viewsJackSwanTV

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 10:34 - Jun 2 by ScoobyWho

I would recommend to anyone that they should think twice before taking an advert out anywhere, a marketing budget is often limited and so it is vital that it goes to the right place. Personally, I'd look at how many people read a publication compared to how much it cost, I would look at how likely it was that someone would read the page next to my advert, I would look at how established and well known the publication was, how much wastage there was with unread copies, how big the area was that the publication covered, whether the publication was free or not as its beneficial if it is, whether there is also a free online service and how great the readership of that was. I would want to take all of this into account ......................................... and then I would decide to have an advert in Jack Swan :P

Login to get fewer ads

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 19:17 - Jun 2 with 2985 viewsmonmouth

I'd think more than twice about advertising in an illiterate publication that defends obviously racist jokes in a superficial and ill educated way, but each to his own.

I'm quite impressed if all those folk are actually paying you to be fair.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 20:44 - Jun 2 with 2936 viewsJackSwanTV

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 19:17 - Jun 2 by monmouth

I'd think more than twice about advertising in an illiterate publication that defends obviously racist jokes in a superficial and ill educated way, but each to his own.

I'm quite impressed if all those folk are actually paying you to be fair.

How is that racist? The joke is clearly that he cannot see the colour of his skin; that isn't racist. I'm sorry but nobody will be able to say anything soon. You can get all deep about the joke and try and say "he's saying it's worse to be black then blind" but that clearly isn't the joke. It is as simple as "he cannot see his face"; it's not racist, I admit that its the sort of joke that invites complaints and if I wanted an easy life; I shouldn't print it but I want a magazine that invites discussion like this. That's why I printed the complaint and it's reply. I didn't need to, was easier to deal with it behind closed doors.

If people want to read a serious publication then I wouldn't recommend jack swan. I don't take myself too seriously and people who do generally find the magazine a bit odd. Thankfully there are at least 5000 people across the city who don't as the magazines fly from the shelf.

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:17 - Jun 2 with 2883 viewsmonmouth

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 20:44 - Jun 2 by JackSwanTV

How is that racist? The joke is clearly that he cannot see the colour of his skin; that isn't racist. I'm sorry but nobody will be able to say anything soon. You can get all deep about the joke and try and say "he's saying it's worse to be black then blind" but that clearly isn't the joke. It is as simple as "he cannot see his face"; it's not racist, I admit that its the sort of joke that invites complaints and if I wanted an easy life; I shouldn't print it but I want a magazine that invites discussion like this. That's why I printed the complaint and it's reply. I didn't need to, was easier to deal with it behind closed doors.

If people want to read a serious publication then I wouldn't recommend jack swan. I don't take myself too seriously and people who do generally find the magazine a bit odd. Thankfully there are at least 5000 people across the city who don't as the magazines fly from the shelf.

Why is being black worse than being blind? The whole joke is based on that. It was a racist joke when I first heard it in 1974 and it still is now.....and yes I laughed at it in 1974 because I was 14 and racially prejudiced.

Would anyone even smile at Lenny Peters saying 'it could have been worse, I could have been born white'...no, they'd think you were a dick. The entire 'joke' is that being black is worse than being blind, and the 'joke is always told by a white person. You don't think that's racist? How about yellow?

You are either incredibly naïve or incredibly dull. I quite like you, so I think it's the former.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:23 - Jun 2 with 2867 viewsDarran

The only thing I can say about this issue is that it's the 37th consecutive pile of shit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:27 - Jun 2 with 2858 viewshobo

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:23 - Jun 2 by Darran

The only thing I can say about this issue is that it's the 37th consecutive pile of shit.

It seems like it keeps you coming back for more though
Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:30 - Jun 2 with 2847 viewsDarran

Freestone telling Tate to 'F*CK off" in issue #37 on 22:27 - Jun 2 by hobo

It seems like it keeps you coming back for more though

I haven't read it I don't need too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024