Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lifey. 10:27 - Jul 12 with 2308 viewsperchrockjack

I see youre critique on the dubious "sport" of cage fighting so just wondering if we could go to an Syncronised Gymnastic competition .

Just as well there s a separate thread for those enjoying men acting like animals in a gilded cage.

Amazing really to think we ve progressed from gladiators versus lions ,bear baiting etc.

Gypsies pre minent in bare knuckle fighting too ..

Consent my arse, as if that makes it right.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Lifey. on 15:14 - Jul 12 with 1692 viewsJonnyTheJack

You watch Boxing ffs. Give it up.
Lifey. on 18:26 - Jul 12 with 1649 viewsshimmie

Your really are a silly old bastard perch. It must be f*cking tedious being you. Of course consent makes it right. Some people have a talent for fighting. If MMA or boxing provides them with a focus and potential to earn a good living out of it who the f*ck are you to criticise? I challenge you to go into an MMA gym and not be impressed with their athleticism. You won't tho. You'll sit behind your keyboard and criticise.

Cue barely readable response that just about qualifies as English.
Lifey. on 18:27 - Jul 12 with 1645 viewsDarran

Lifey. on 18:26 - Jul 12 by shimmie

Your really are a silly old bastard perch. It must be f*cking tedious being you. Of course consent makes it right. Some people have a talent for fighting. If MMA or boxing provides them with a focus and potential to earn a good living out of it who the f*ck are you to criticise? I challenge you to go into an MMA gym and not be impressed with their athleticism. You won't tho. You'll sit behind your keyboard and criticise.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lifey. on 18:39 - Jul 12 with 1625 viewsHighjack

I can't see the appeal of it myself. If I wanted to see two naked oiled up men rolling around on the floor I'd subscribe to the Gay Rabbit channel.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lifey. on 18:46 - Jul 12 with 1616 viewsshimmie

Lifey. on 18:39 - Jul 12 by Highjack

I can't see the appeal of it myself. If I wanted to see two naked oiled up men rolling around on the floor I'd subscribe to the Gay Rabbit channel.

And that's completely your choice mate. I'm not a massive fan myself, much prefer the buzz around boxing but each to his own. I do recognise the level of dedication by those involved and think comparing it bear baiting and slaves forcing to fight for others entertainment is particularly f*cking retarded.
Lifey. on 19:05 - Jul 12 with 1592 viewsHighjack

Yeah they are obviously very brave and talented and it's always been recognized as a good way for kids with aggressive tendencies to stay on the straight and narrow, but it's all a bit homoerotic for me so for that reason I'm out.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lifey. on 19:17 - Jul 12 with 1578 viewsperchrockjack

Terrific reply Luke. Truly epic.

I give an opinion and well...

Tedious, well you lol never know but

Be careful out there.

Lifey. on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 1550 viewsKilkennyjack

Lifey. on 18:26 - Jul 12 by shimmie

👊 👊 👊

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Lifey. on 09:45 - Jul 13 with 1451 viewsperchrockjack

Roger"........

Are you there.

You started this ,nun.

Kill. All the smileys in the world can't help...

Lifey. on 16:03 - Jul 13 with 1394 viewsshimmie

Lifey. on 09:45 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

Roger"........

Are you there.

You started this ,nun.

Kill. All the smileys in the world can't help...

What in the name of f&ck are taking about rich? You do very little to dispel the argument that you're absolutely loco you know.
Lifey. on 18:31 - Jul 13 with 1352 viewsperchrockjack

You gotta be there Luke to get the gist

Lifey. on 18:37 - Jul 13 with 1343 viewsllareggub

never EVER thought id say this but im with perchrockjack on this this sport is brutal an barbaric an there should be no place for it .
Lifey. on 18:41 - Jul 13 with 1338 viewsTheFranchise

Lifey. on 18:37 - Jul 13 by llareggub

never EVER thought id say this but im with perchrockjack on this this sport is brutal an barbaric an there should be no place for it .

The fastest growing sport in the world.

No big deal though, we all have opinions that don't matter. I don't see the point of cricket, darts or snooker. I don't mind others watching them though.
Lifey. on 19:58 - Jul 13 with 1298 viewsJonnyTheJack

This is a good read comparing Boxing and MMA safety.

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/fanatic_300/316b_which-is-more-dangerous-boxing-or-m

"According to the Johns Hopkins study, head trauma and cerebral hemorrhages are the No. 1 cause of death in combat sports. The study concludes that boxing is the most dangerous combat sport in America.
That conclusion should not surprise fans who understand and appreciate the sport. Research in the American Association of Neurological Surgeons' 2006 study pointed out that the average direct hit to the head that a boxer sustains is equivalent to being hit with a 12-pound wooden mallet traveling at around 20 miles per hour.

It doesn’t take a doctor to understand why 12 rounds of hard hits to the head can cause serious damage to a boxer’s brain, skull and the surrounding blood-vessels. In contrast, only 25% of MMA fights continued, without knockouts, to their end without knockouts, which in the UFC, the premier MMA brand, occurs at only 3 rounds for non-championship fights and 5 rounds for title fights.

So the next time you watch an MMA event, consider that when a fighter is knocked out, the fight is over. In boxing events, fighters that are knocked out get a standing eight count, and their opponent continues to inflict blows to the fighter’s already damaged head."

Keep saying it's barbaric though lads..
Lifey. on 20:12 - Jul 13 with 1284 viewslifelong

Lifey. on 19:58 - Jul 13 by JonnyTheJack

This is a good read comparing Boxing and MMA safety.

http://uk.askmen.com/sports/fanatic_300/316b_which-is-more-dangerous-boxing-or-m

"According to the Johns Hopkins study, head trauma and cerebral hemorrhages are the No. 1 cause of death in combat sports. The study concludes that boxing is the most dangerous combat sport in America.
That conclusion should not surprise fans who understand and appreciate the sport. Research in the American Association of Neurological Surgeons' 2006 study pointed out that the average direct hit to the head that a boxer sustains is equivalent to being hit with a 12-pound wooden mallet traveling at around 20 miles per hour.

It doesn’t take a doctor to understand why 12 rounds of hard hits to the head can cause serious damage to a boxer’s brain, skull and the surrounding blood-vessels. In contrast, only 25% of MMA fights continued, without knockouts, to their end without knockouts, which in the UFC, the premier MMA brand, occurs at only 3 rounds for non-championship fights and 5 rounds for title fights.

So the next time you watch an MMA event, consider that when a fighter is knocked out, the fight is over. In boxing events, fighters that are knocked out get a standing eight count, and their opponent continues to inflict blows to the fighter’s already damaged head."

Keep saying it's barbaric though lads..

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2013/11/20/british-medical-association-condemns-m
Lifey. on 20:14 - Jul 13 with 1280 viewsTheFranchise

Lifey. on 20:12 - Jul 13 by lifelong

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2013/11/20/british-medical-association-condemns-m

The British Medical Association condemns anything that isn't a gentle walk or a bowl of fruit.

I am glad you are doing some research today though. Well done.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2015 20:16]
Lifey. on 20:18 - Jul 13 with 1275 viewsjack247

I normally like your posts Perch, but Jesus you have now started two separate attention seeking threads just because people aren't agreeing with you.

Fox hunting is barbaric. Rape is barbaric. Child abuse is barbaric. MMA is sport.

See the difference consent makes?
Lifey. on 20:23 - Jul 13 with 1268 viewslifelong

Lifey. on 20:14 - Jul 13 by TheFranchise

The British Medical Association condemns anything that isn't a gentle walk or a bowl of fruit.

I am glad you are doing some research today though. Well done.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2015 20:16]

Something else I found today.

Unbelievable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8781101/Child-cage-fight-organisers-will-
Lifey. on 20:26 - Jul 13 with 1264 viewslifelong

This one made me smile.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/cage-fighting-probably-gay-s
Lifey. on 20:39 - Jul 13 with 1249 viewsTheFranchise

Lifey. on 20:23 - Jul 13 by lifelong

Something else I found today.

Unbelievable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8781101/Child-cage-fight-organisers-will-

I remember that video coming out years ago and it was rightly condemned.

If you watch the video, you'll see that there is no striking. They are having a grappling contest.

Wrong environment, wrong atmosphere for it. The police weren't concerned at the time.

Just really poor judgement.

As for the homosexual references, do you have a problem with that? In 2015, I thought we'd evolved past that.
Lifey. on 20:41 - Jul 13 with 1247 viewslifelong

Lifey. on 20:39 - Jul 13 by TheFranchise

I remember that video coming out years ago and it was rightly condemned.

If you watch the video, you'll see that there is no striking. They are having a grappling contest.

Wrong environment, wrong atmosphere for it. The police weren't concerned at the time.

Just really poor judgement.

As for the homosexual references, do you have a problem with that? In 2015, I thought we'd evolved past that.

I have no problem whatsoever with it, I just found the report amusing.

Is that okay?
Lifey. on 20:55 - Jul 13 with 1232 viewsTheFranchise

Lifey. on 20:41 - Jul 13 by lifelong

I have no problem whatsoever with it, I just found the report amusing.

Is that okay?

Sure, can we have a cuddle?
Lifey. on 20:58 - Jul 13 with 1224 viewslifelong

Lifey. on 20:55 - Jul 13 by TheFranchise

Sure, can we have a cuddle?

I was going to ask if it was the thighs or the olive oil which attracted you to the sport, but I thought better of it.
Lifey. on 09:19 - Jul 14 with 1153 viewsperchrockjack

I could start a third indicating youre completely incorrect.

Attention seeking? Me?

My mum always gave me the attention I deserved and I have the scars to prove it.

NOW, lifey, a nice man starts a decent thread and it leads to unpleasantness. THAT is what should be the issue.

HAVE A PEACEFUL DAY ROGER.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lifey. on 12:29 - Jul 14 with 1126 viewsjack247

Lifey. on 09:19 - Jul 14 by perchrockjack

I could start a third indicating youre completely incorrect.

Attention seeking? Me?

My mum always gave me the attention I deserved and I have the scars to prove it.

NOW, lifey, a nice man starts a decent thread and it leads to unpleasantness. THAT is what should be the issue.

HAVE A PEACEFUL DAY ROGER.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well yes you could, but that would make it even more overwhelmingly obvious that you are throwing your toys out of the pram because people have disagreed with you.

I haven't seen any unpleasantness on any of the threads. Comments along the lines of 'if you don't like it, don't watch it' are hardly offensive are they?

No one has really answered the point about liking boxing and being offended by MMA yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024