Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Samuel joins Morton 07:59 - Sep 7 with 3131 viewswestisbest

When did the Swans last produce a premier league quality striker ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34123900

Good luck to the lad , good experience for him . See how the other half live .
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:01 - Sep 7 with 3126 viewsDr_Winston

You'd probably have to go as far back as Curt, and he was more of a winger.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:03 - Sep 7 with 3119 viewswestisbest

how about dean saunders
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:06 - Sep 7 with 3106 viewsDr_Winston

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:03 - Sep 7 by westisbest

how about dean saunders

Good shout.

One in 30+ years isn't good. Heard good stuff about a couple of the kids coming through, but it'd be great to have a couple of Southampton style successes, all due respect to Joe Allen and Ben Davies aside.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:10 - Sep 7 with 3087 viewswestisbest

I think we need to send a spy into the southampton camp to find the secret of their success .
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:18 - Sep 7 with 3071 viewswestisbest

Perhaps Gary Monk might have a few ideas having spent 8 years at southampton .
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 2956 viewsScoobyWho

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:10 - Sep 7 by westisbest

I think we need to send a spy into the southampton camp to find the secret of their success .

I think you would find that they have a system that was implemented by ex Swansea scouts some years back. Those that remember will know 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:51 - Sep 7 with 2940 viewsWitneyjack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:40 - Sep 7 by ScoobyWho

I think you would find that they have a system that was implemented by ex Swansea scouts some years back. Those that remember will know 👍

Malcolm Elias, who also did great work at Oxford, Swansea and Liverpool. He's at Fulham now I believe. He has the midas touch where Academys are concerned.
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:54 - Sep 7 with 2922 viewsScoobyWho

The longevity of your loyal support will be celebrated throughout South Oxfordshire for the rest of the day. Top answer 👍

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:55 - Sep 7 with 2914 viewsWitneyjack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:54 - Sep 7 by ScoobyWho

The longevity of your loyal support will be celebrated throughout South Oxfordshire for the rest of the day. Top answer 👍

West Oxfordshire actually..............
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 10:56]
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 2875 viewsjasper_T

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 08:10 - Sep 7 by westisbest

The secret of their success is that they've got their own spies out already.
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 2785 viewsRogueTrooper

It will only be a matter of time, our success means that more and more kids are playing, and our scouting network knows how to find a striker, as demonstrated in our success in the last decade of buying ones under the radar, the more academy outreach programmes dig, the more gems they will find. If we find players with the talent, the club has now got the facilities and expertise to develop it to a very high standard.

Southampton have been producing high quality players for over a decade, at least we are now in a position to follow their lead, and more importantly hold onto those with promise. I think in five years time we will start seeing more players coming through the system, especially strikers. We just need to be patient.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 13:00 - Sep 7 with 2742 viewsbuilthjack

Loads of kids now come down to Swansea on a Saturday morning for coaching, so it is all in place. It takes time, but will happen.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 13:11 - Sep 7 with 2718 viewsmagicdaps10

Sean McCarthy.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 22:49 - Sep 7 with 2468 viewsScoobyWho

Jason Bowen played a forward position for Swansea.
But then so did Andy Legge. Who is a prick BTW.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 22:51]

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 23:13 - Sep 7 with 2427 viewsKilkennyjack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 12:37 - Sep 7 by RogueTrooper

It will only be a matter of time, our success means that more and more kids are playing, and our scouting network knows how to find a striker, as demonstrated in our success in the last decade of buying ones under the radar, the more academy outreach programmes dig, the more gems they will find. If we find players with the talent, the club has now got the facilities and expertise to develop it to a very high standard.

Southampton have been producing high quality players for over a decade, at least we are now in a position to follow their lead, and more importantly hold onto those with promise. I think in five years time we will start seeing more players coming through the system, especially strikers. We just need to be patient.

Well - this season we have paid fees for mcBurnie from bradford and biabi £150,000 from falkirk. Both are 19 year old strikers.

Looks to me like we don't think the more local lads are quite up to it....?
Given these 2 are just 19, then the chances of a swansea produced striker coming through over the next 3 years is very slim. The club almost always favours the players they have bought.

I think we are going to have a long wait still. The james loveridge type outcome is always far more likely of course.

Beware of the Risen People

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 00:07 - Sep 8 with 2370 viewsGixerJack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 23:13 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

Well - this season we have paid fees for mcBurnie from bradford and biabi £150,000 from falkirk. Both are 19 year old strikers.

Given these 2 are just 19, then the chances of a swansea produced striker coming through over the next 3 years is very slim. The club almost always favours the players they have bought.

I think we are going to have a long wait still. The james loveridge type outcome is always far more likely of course.

Rory Donelly???
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 01:45 - Sep 8 with 2330 viewsRogueTrooper

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 23:13 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

The reason local boys haven't made it is a numbers game, with more success, that will change. Getting schools on board is another difference that's been made by the club over the last decade. From personal experience, school sport was exclusively rugby when I grew up,due to the short sightedness of some teachers ignoring the fact that both sports compliment each other (they seem to have forgot that Gareth Edwards was an awesome footballer).
My nephew is 7 and his local football club is jam packed with kids every Sunday for training and he plays football and rugby in school. Most won't be good enough, some will lose interest, some will be unlucky, some won't have the work ethic to capitalise on talent, but if there are any kids who have got what it takes, the odds are we'll be the ones picking them up for the forseeable future. The future does look bright and the rewards for the club's long term planning will come in time, we are still in the very early stages of building a successful academy, but the investment is going in and I think it's money well spent.
The players we've bought are doing a good job, naturally, we'd all like to see more local boys starting, but, like everything else we've done since we kicked Petty out, it should be allowed to mature organically, in its own time, learning from its mistakes to progress, and doing it our own way, by looking around Europe for ideas, taking on good practice, and using the knowledge of people like Pep Clotet around the club to make it a success.
Trying to get it all now? That's what Cardiff does, it doesn't really work in the long run
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 1:49]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 06:22 - Sep 8 with 2258 viewssomersetsimon

It's not just us. It's hard to think of more than a handful of British born genuine PL quality strikers that have appeared in the last 10 years.

Kane, Berahino, Ings, Austin, Sturridge, Wellbeck?
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 06:36 - Sep 8 with 2251 viewsKilkennyjack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 00:07 - Sep 8 by GixerJack

Rory Donelly???

What about him ? Released and now at Gillingham. Relegated from Football League last year at Tranmere on loan.

Beware of the Risen People

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:17 - Sep 8 with 2152 viewsjasper_T

Liam Cullen looks extremely promising.
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:23 - Sep 8 with 2141 viewsscottishjack

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 06:22 - Sep 8 by somersetsimon

It's not just us. It's hard to think of more than a handful of British born genuine PL quality strikers that have appeared in the last 10 years.

Kane, Berahino, Ings, Austin, Sturridge, Wellbeck?

I was thinking the same thing.
Alex Samuel joins Morton on 16:43 - Sep 8 with 2018 viewsItchySphincter

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 10:51 - Sep 7 by Witneyjack

Malcolm Elias, who also did great work at Oxford, Swansea and Liverpool. He's at Fulham now I believe. He has the midas touch where Academys are concerned.

He took two or three with him when he went and nicked Bale and Walcott whilst on his way down there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alex Samuel joins Morton on 09:27 - Sep 9 with 1893 viewswestisbest

Perhaps we should Rush in Ian for some regular striker coaching sessions .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024