Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliveira on his way back?? 11:48 - Jun 18 with 8426 viewsbluenile

3rd choice surely?

http://theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/06/nelson-oliveira-to-continue-loan-from-benfica

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:00 - Jun 18 with 4318 viewsFar_Post

It is a loan deal so there is no risk on our part. He did show glimpses of what he could do prior to his injury.

Blog: The C Word

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:02 - Jun 18 with 4312 viewsSwan91

Depends on the formation we use to be honest. I don't think Ayew will be used as a striker, I think he will have routledges role in the diamond formation, just behind the striker as a roaming player. So if Gomis and ayew are playing at the same time it only leaves us with Emnes and oliveira so he could well be 2nd choice unless we sign someone else.
Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:02 - Jun 18 with 4312 viewsbluenile

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:00 - Jun 18 by Far_Post

It is a loan deal so there is no risk on our part. He did show glimpses of what he could do prior to his injury.

I agree, but if we sign another striker then he will get limited time again.................liked the guy though

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:20 - Jun 18 with 4249 viewsraynor94

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:02 - Jun 18 by bluenile

I agree, but if we sign another striker then he will get limited time again.................liked the guy though

If he's coming back, we won't sign anyone else, I think the bloke has potential tidy back up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:45 - Jun 18 with 4123 viewsDr_Winston

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:20 - Jun 18 by raynor94

If he's coming back, we won't sign anyone else, I think the bloke has potential tidy back up

Agree.

With him, Gomis, Ayew and Emnes as a last resort we'd have enough cover upfront to see us through a season. Would rather use £10m to expand the stadium than spend it on another striker we don't really need.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:46 - Jun 18 with 4117 viewsDevz00

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:20 - Jun 18 by raynor94

It might just be me but I didn't see anything in him. Hope he proves me wrong.

This is coming from someone who said all along that Bony, Shelvey and Gomis would come good whilst others didn't think so. It's a weird sitaution but it's the opposite with Oliveira. Lots of people seem to rate him.

EDIT - you can add Coleman to my list. Haven't mentioned him in a while!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2015 12:47]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:48 - Jun 18 with 4102 viewsraynor94

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:45 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Agree.

With him, Gomis, Ayew and Emnes as a last resort we'd have enough cover upfront to see us through a season. Would rather use £10m to expand the stadium than spend it on another striker we don't really need.

Expansion of the stadium is the crucial thing now

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:52 - Jun 18 with 4060 viewsairedale

Wouldn't faze me either if he came back as he looked a tidy player to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Oliveira on his way back?? on 13:00 - Jun 18 with 4031 viewsmagicdaps10

Wouldnt say no to him returning but as said only as 3rd choice. Would be quite worrying if we lost Gomis early in the season and had to rely on Oliviera week in week out with Emnes as back up.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oliveira on his way back?? on 13:03 - Jun 18 with 4016 viewsDull1Thomas

Not at all unhappy with this if he comes as third choice striker / back up 10.
My fear is that if Bafe is injured I can't see Nelson getting the goals (4 in 30 seems to be the going rate although he did get 8 in his season at Rennes) and think Emnes would be slightly more effective.
Since becoming a senior at Benfica he has, apart from a brief period early on, been out on loan for 5 seasons so he never seems to settle for one reason or another.
That said, I don't think we've seen what he is capable of given his very limited game time.

We seem to have a number of players who might score a few goals (Ayew, Siggy, Ki) but only one outright striker & Bafe has placed a niggling feeling in my mind that he might not be that robust. I would like to see us bring in a strong contender to challenge Bafe. We didn't have that in the second half of the season and saw Gylfi should never be considered an emergency striker.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Oliveira on his way back?? on 13:42 - Jun 18 with 3905 viewsAnotherJohn

Was just about to post something similar. I am not adverse to giving Oliveira a chance at the right price, but wouldn't want to rely on him coming good. What worries me is a scenario where Gomis has a serious injury early in the season - it could be a very expensive mistake indeed if we have no real replacement.
Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:08 - Jun 18 with 3850 viewshammy

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:48 - Jun 18 by raynor94

Wouldn't it be better to delay the stadium expansion until we've secured another season in the PL and guaranteed the additional broadcasting funding ? Wouldn't be surprised if Huw is thinking this way.

We probably need a backup striker of some description but no need to break the bank.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 3811 viewsJackSomething

Oliveira on his way back?? on 13:00 - Jun 18 by magicdaps10

Wouldnt say no to him returning but as said only as 3rd choice. Would be quite worrying if we lost Gomis early in the season and had to rely on Oliviera week in week out with Emnes as back up.

I think Ayew would be ahead of Emnes, possibly ahead of Oliviera as well.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:26 - Jun 18 with 3796 viewsJackSomething

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:08 - Jun 18 by hammy

Wouldn't it be better to delay the stadium expansion until we've secured another season in the PL and guaranteed the additional broadcasting funding ? Wouldn't be surprised if Huw is thinking this way.

We probably need a backup striker of some description but no need to break the bank.

The danger in your first paragraph is that becomes a self-perpetuating cycle and we never expand the stadium because of the financial benefits of the TV contract.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:28 - Jun 18 with 3783 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:08 - Jun 18 by hammy

If we're looking good by December the expansion will be set in motion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:37 - Jun 18 with 3753 viewsbluenile

Oliveira on his way back?? on 12:48 - Jun 18 by raynor94

Err no it's not, it's staying in this league for at least another season after this that is......................

Oliveira on his way back?? on 15:14 - Jun 18 with 3674 viewsDr_Winston

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:37 - Jun 18 by bluenile

Err no it's not, it's staying in this league for at least another season after this that is......................

And then it'll be staying in the division until the next TV deal, and on, and on...

No. We have to expand. Soon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 15:19 - Jun 18 with 3660 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Oliveira on his way back?? on 13:42 - Jun 18 by AnotherJohn

Was just about to post something similar. I am not adverse to giving Oliveira a chance at the right price, but wouldn't want to rely on him coming good. What worries me is a scenario where Gomis has a serious injury early in the season - it could be a very expensive mistake indeed if we have no real replacement.

Thought Oliveira looked better the more he played when he got a run. Started to score and got a couple of assists so him replacing Gomis doesn't really worry me yet.

However the problem comes if he gets injured too with no out and out striker to replace.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Oliveira on his way back?? on 15:44 - Jun 18 with 3592 viewsdobjack2

3rd choice on loan ok. 2nd choice at start of season is asking for trouble.
Oliveira on his way back?? on 16:16 - Jun 18 with 3493 viewsDull1Thomas

Oliveira on his way back?? on 15:19 - Jun 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

Thought Oliveira looked better the more he played when he got a run. Started to score and got a couple of assists so him replacing Gomis doesn't really worry me yet.

However the problem comes if he gets injured too with no out and out striker to replace.

I think that would leave Ayew and Barrow both of whom have played as central attacking forwards (not strikers but as 1 of 2).

I believe we need another striker.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Oliveira on his way back?? on 16:42 - Jun 18 with 3405 viewsraynor94

Oliveira on his way back?? on 14:37 - Jun 18 by bluenile

So how long do you want to keep putting it off?

Oliveira on his way back?? on 16:47 - Jun 18 with 3377 viewsswan_si

Oliveira on his way back?? on 15:19 - Jun 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

Totally agree Patches me old mukka, i have no problem with Oliveira coming on loan, i thought he started to show signs of blending into the team, he's got good movement, awareness of his team mates, ability to find space, drags opponents out of position to make space for others, his link up play was improving every time he played, and as you say he started to score, we could use him in the capitol 1 games to hopefully score a few confidence goals, i like the look of him, i think he'll turn out to be a good number 2 striker, and who knows, he may turn out to be good enough to put pressure on Gomis for the number 1 spot.

Oliveira on his way back?? on 17:12 - Jun 18 with 3304 viewsAnotherJohn

I agree that Nelson improved as time went by, but to my mind saying 'he started to score' implies plurality or a trend. Let's not forget that he has but a single EPL goal to his name.
Oliveira on his way back?? on 17:50 - Jun 18 with 3242 viewsSwan91

Oliveira on his way back?? on 17:12 - Jun 18 by AnotherJohn

I agree that Nelson improved as time went by, but to my mind saying 'he started to score' implies plurality or a trend. Let's not forget that he has but a single EPL goal to his name.

Let's also consider the fact that he only had 4 premier league starts. If players like bony and gomis need a minimum of 10 games or nearly half a season to start performing well, imagine it would be similar for him aswell. Like others have mentioned he looked better each game, Im pretty sure he got injured at the end though didnt he? Which meant he couldn't do as much as planned.

I'm hoping that if he does come here he would have already had the experience with the team so playing with them won't take as long as it would usually. He should pick it up quickly this season.
Oliveira on his way back?? on 18:28 - Jun 18 with 3179 viewsbluenile

Oliveira on his way back?? on 16:42 - Jun 18 by raynor94

So how long do you want to keep putting it off?

I'm not, if they proceed with the Stadium expansion right now it's fine by me.........but to say that it's more crucial than signing a player who virtually guarantees us staying in the Premiership is wrong, ok if we can do both, otherwise get the team on the pitch right first.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024